• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

This is why I like my "noob 1-hit-kill of death team". Double down TAC into triple team super w/ Ammy/Storm/Dorm. :) My execution is abysmal, so for now I just try to do the most damage with minimal effort.

smurfx

get some go again
argh! i was working on a 14 game winning streak and it was all ended by a stupid sentinel. one little damn mistake and it was all over and i had a bunch of life too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:
Should be an assist in SMvC3, obviously.
Fixed.

Keep his other 3 assists too, though I'd get rid of Liberation first.

EDIT: Whoa Spiderman Maximum Spider into Flame Ball into Maximum Spider was sick.

I swear every single time I watch a stream I see some new, cool shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pretty sure I'm going to retire this game after the tourney.

<3 BBCS2 please come faster.

So ya Ultimoo if you are gonna beat me all out you got a short time span to do so :)

yellow-card.jpg

QisTopTier said:

So ya Ultimoo if you are gonna beat me all out you got a short time span to do so :)

I've gotta make the time to give that guy (BBCS) a try soon. I got it during the Arksys benefit sale, but I've not even popped the disc in yet. I'm guessing that now would be the time since everyone will be on and trying out the new changes.

QisTopTier said:

Same :3 Tsubaki/Rachel/Valk, here I come!!

Dahbomb

Killa Sasa said:
He's talking about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZvIHr3KcY

Good job getting it so quick Kimo, I've been trying for a while and I still can't do it well enough :p The addf keeps owning me :/

I'm gonna do this one instead I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLFWFNwAU_I
That 2nd video came at a great time as I was just trying to get the hang of Iron Man.

I basically only have to learn the first part of the combo because I already do the last part of the combo (after the launcher) fairly consistently.

As Iron Man's jump in with Medium into cr.L, cr.M is the most consistent starter for him I expect this to be a keeper. The damage is definitely very solid for the effort.

In other news I can finally do the Doom Buktooth consistently. Time to start playing team Noel Brown for EPIC TROLLING (Dorm/Sent/Doom) as I am fairly solid with all 3 characters now I feel. Shout outs to Maximillian D00d.

Nevermind spoke too soon about Dormammu. Dormammu Air throw combos

Time to go back in the lab again... BECAUSE THAT SHIT WAS STYLIN'!!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheFightingFish said:
I've gotta make the time to give that guy (BBCS) a try soon. I got it during the Arksys benefit sale, but I've not even popped the disc in yet. I'm guessing that now would be the time since everyone will be on and trying out the new changes.

There's been people on since it launched. The issue is most of them are Japanese players or Q-level of BAMBAMBAMBAM "STOP HITTING ME DADDY!" "I'LL STOP HITTING YOU WHEN YOU'RE ABLE TO DODGE THIS!" BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM with combos.

CS2 probably isn't going to change the game from "AnimuBlue BAWWW WHY IS IT ON STREAM 2" though.

I believe PS3 users get it tomorrow, right?

How are they going to get it... if the PSN is down? *AgentSmith.jpg*

(Outside of the Balance patch, but I don't care about that. Give me Platinum.)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Parallax Scroll said:
I gotta learn Wesker cause this is too good not to use.

If you rephrased that sentence too, "I gotta learn Wesker and need someone to Assist Me" ...then I think I can be of help in less than 48 hours.

Chavelo

LeMaximilian said:
If you rephrased that sentence too, "I gotta learn Wesker and need someone to Assist Me" ...then I think I can be of help in less than 48 hours.

AWWWW YEEAAAAH, BOIIII

Looking forward to it, Max...

/steps back into the shadows

Dahbomb

Parallax Scroll said:
I tried using Wesker assist to set up Zero combos off a charged buster shot. Looks like I gotta learn Wesker cause this is too good not to use.
Wesker isn't hard to learn, especially if you are a Zero user. Gun move is just a command normal (f+H, d/f+H) and is extremely spammable from a distance, plus most of Wesker's special moves can be linked with a teleport by just adding the teleport button after it (meaning if you get someone with a gun shot anti-air, just add L and you will teleport to them).

Counters are useless in live matches with Wesker so you aren't going to be using those (even his counter hyper is highly situational just know which hypers you can counter and which you can't. As a rule of thumb most hypers that are normally invulnerable and move the player forward are counterable, like Hard Drive and Hyper Charging Star). Then he has the Wall Bounce/Palm fist which are just QCF and you can link those to teleport as well (Wall bounce into Teleport for follow up is just QCF+M, L). Wesker has insane speed and good priority on normals, plus a relatively safe launcher. You can do just ABC QCF+A d/f+C d+B, C S into air combo which is essentially his regular combo and good enough.

Learn not to use random Maximum Wesker, that shit is so vulnerable and does shit damage. In fact overall it's a pretty crappy hyper, waste of meter and I only recommend using it after d/f+C (at the end of a combo) with a THC (team hyper combo allows Wesker to combo after his gun shot) to kill off a character. It's just better to try to go for reset and save the meter for LVL3. Wesker has very nice reset game thanks to his command throws, learn to use them and combo after them.

His left/right teleports are very similar to Zero's and also his teleport which moves him from up back down to the ground.

jdub03

LeMaximilian said:

I'm feeling symptoms of withdrawal. It's been too long. Can't wait.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
jdub03 said:
I'm feeling symptoms of withdrawal. It's been too long. Can't wait.

I wish I could make these faster, I really do. Gonna have more gameplay/commentary content after this Assist Me. And AE's coming out soon...time to see if I still suck ass at SF4.

Oh and, E3 SON! I'll be covering a ton of stuff @E3 extensively.

Dahbomb said:
Wesker isn't hard to learn, especially if you are a Zero user. Gun move is just a command normal (f+H, d/f+H) and is extremely spammable from a distance, plus most of Wesker's special moves can be linked with a teleport by just adding the teleport button after it (meaning if you get someone with a gun shot anti-air, just add L and you will teleport to them).

Counters are useless in live matches with Wesker so you aren't going to be using those (even his counter hyper is highly situational just know which hypers you can counter and which you can't. As a rule of thumb most hypers that are normally invulnerable and move the player forward are counterable, like Hard Drive and Hyper Charging Star). Then he has the Wall Bounce/Palm fist which are just QCF and you can link those to teleport as well (Wall bounce into Teleport for follow up is just QCF+M, L). Wesker has insane speed and good priority on normals, plus a relatively safe launcher. You can do just ABC QCF+A d/f+C d+B, C S into air combo which is essentially his regular combo and good enough.

Learn not to use random Maximum Wesker, that shit is so vulnerable and does shit damage. In fact overall it's a pretty crappy hyper, waste of meter and I only recommend using it after d/f+C (at the end of a combo) with a THC (team hyper combo allows Wesker to combo after his gun shot) to kill off a character. It's just better to try to go for reset and save the meter for LVL3. Wesker has very nice reset game thanks to his command throws, learn to use them and combo after them.

His left/right teleports are very similar to Zero's and also his teleport which moves him from up back down to the ground.
I'm having a real tough time linking the d/f+C into d+B. But if I put Zero on Shippuga assist and Haggar on Lariat (till I think of someone better than Haggar), I can do d/f+C+Assist and combo or launch from there. I don't see much resemblance to Zero though.

LeMaximilian said:
Looking forward to the video, Max! Looks like I picked a good time to learn this character.

LeMaximilian said:
I wish I could make these faster, I really do. Gonna have more gameplay/commentary content after this Assist Me. And AE's coming out soon...time to see if I still suck ass at SF4.Oh and, E3 SON! I'll be covering a ton of stuff @E3 extensively.

I'm enjoying the hell out of your MvC3 vids, but are you planning to do similar ones for AE?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
the_log_ride said:
I'm enjoying the hell out of your MvC3 vids, but are you planning to do similar ones for AE?

We'll see. I'm definently not going to ignore AE. But to the extent of 'Assist Me' episodes for AE characters...we'll see. Maybe not tutorials, but guest visits and cheesy humor most likely. And Dr Doom will be there, believe it.

shaowebb

Takin time out from portfolio to post something. A little way back someone wanted to know if anyone bought the Shadow Pack so they would know if it's worth it.

For once...yeah.
There are 3 teams, the first two aren't really anything special. No themes, but balanced around assists like normal teams should be...it's that last team that makes it worth checking out IMO.

Full star ranking team Wolverine/Akuma/Sentinel and by God it knows how to use it.

The team is programmed off of a QA guy and the Wolverine is definitely the point of the whole team as it is damned good on combos, knows mixups with Sent drones and how to move around on the screen to trick you into ending up caught between the drones and Wolvie. It uses Berzerker slash incredibly well for go behinds and of course it's got the goods on Akuma+ Wolvie setups alla Justin Wong.

All this plus the fact that he knew to call Akuma for projectile cancels that cleared the runway for wolverine rushdown combo with split second precision.

It's a damn good team. Took me several times to beat...especially since once you get past the first two by God it truly was keeping LVL 3 X-factor Sentinel as a final resort in it's play style. It only used up X-factor otherwise to extend combos with Wolvie for the final kill if it smelled blood.

Buy it. It's a fun play and good training for taking on Wolverines...I'm talking to you west coast! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom