• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

ROFL.

screen-capture-9.png

Dahbomb

MARVEL.... why art thou so HYPE?

And WTF @ Marn also having a Dante/Zero/Akuma team. That's the 4th time I have seen someone use that team (including JWong).

Dahbomb

That's definitely true. That Japanese player also won first place MVC3 at Kubosgarden.

It's a stylish as hell team but JWong hasn't quite mastered it yet. Also JWong been playing his new X-23/Chun Li team but got bodied.

Speaking of bodied... R.Nguyen and Floe both got bodied hard. Floe was riding the Wolverine bandwagon hard until he got blown up by Zero and Dante.

Zero + Dante new top tier combo?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Creeper cam was hilarious, just finished up on the bits I missed.
Marn's murderface.
The entire Salty Chen Show.
Max look-a-like with his head in his hands from losing Marvel.
Random pimp in the background.

Really looking forward to real teams people will bring to Evo.

Dahbomb

Chavelo said:
lol... what happened that got JChen pretty mad? Is there a certain part in the stream archive I can check it out? :O
JChen is pretty sensitive about playing on the stream because he says that he gets blown up if he plays on stream.

So he played on the stream and got blown up. Some dude (Sanchez) was commentating and kept picking on JChen telling him "Don't press buttons, BLOCK!" JChen lost that match and end up losing every single match in every single game after that because he kept thinking about Sanchez and what he said to him.

Then he comes back to the commentator's chair, swearing at Sanchez stuff like "Get the fuck off the chair or I will put a fork in your eye!" Then he continues to drop the F-bombs and saying how he hates playing on the stream because he gets blown up.

Dahbomb

Both JChen and PGorath have put in Shuma without any proper assist coverage.

Like what does PGorath have on assist covering Shuma? Berserker Barrage and some VJ/Phoenix assist? And they both put him on anchor.

Shuma needs something to get in with. He can definitely put on the hurt when he gets within range. It's why Nerses was zoning the hell out of Shuma (despite being 3 characters up), he didn't want any of that.

Well, let's just say that the display put on wasn't accurate of Shuma's strength. I don't think Shuma is like top tier or anything, he certainly has some short comings. I also don't think that any showings of Jill in the stream was any indication of her strengths/weaknesses either.

To be fair, I feel kind of sad when P Gorath is fighting Clockwork in loser's semis. It just looks to me like Clockwork's skill level is several notches above most of the competition, and P Gorath's phoenix and Joe are pretty ass for being that far...

I just want Clock to drop Ammy and use a different character with Doom and Phoenix, like Magneto. Not that his Ammy isn't really really good.

Dahbomb

His team synergy with Ammy/Doom is real solid though. He uses tech with Ammy that most people don't even use, like counters and stance changes. And he does it while being on a Phoenix team.

Funny thing is that if he used Doom on point with Ammy Bloom assist and just ran away with Doom all day (which he easily can) then he can easily build the meter for Phoenix. But that's not his style at all, he likes to rush it down even with zoning characters. He even rushes it down with Phoenix, hell he only lost at WNF because he teleported IN to a super.

And P Gorath plays it real solid because VJ basically annoys the hell with Voomerangs and doing just random damage all day long (people underestimate Six Machine it has really fast start up). Then Wolverine comes in and basically uses the Shuma assist to start off a combo (or follow up Berserker Slash), which is mad hype to watch. He has basically been a consistent performer at WNF because of Wolverine, random Shuma anchor comebacks and Phoenix. Joe is something new to his team though, maybe he has some VJ tech up his sleeve.

What Clockwork needs to do is just use Phoenix on second place and just use meter with (aka ditch Dark Phoenix play). In those matches he basically kills 2 characters with regular Phoenix and does it without any meter.

jdub03

LeMaximilian said:
Looks like I'll be able to get a special guest on The Online Warrior for a later episode. He's also in another marvelously excellent webseries...

I just went into relapse... Thought I had my sobriety under control. Can't wait.

Edit: Why do I need an access code to watch offcast. What is going on?

Nevermind. The video was just processing.

Dahbomb

Is it considered trolling to play rushdown with Dormammu?

Because that's how I roll with my El Fuego. Pair him up with Akuma and tri-jump around my opponent like I am fucking Magnus.

Not really, Dorm has good enough range on his normals that it's a winning strategy. Look at Masta CJ.
Dahbomb said:
His team synergy with Ammy/Doom is real solid though. He uses tech with Ammy that most people don't even use, like counters and stance changes. And he does it while being on a Phoenix team.

Funny thing is that if he used Doom on point with Ammy Bloom assist and just ran away with Doom all day (which he easily can) then he can easily build the meter for Phoenix. But that's not his style at all, he likes to rush it down even with zoning characters. He even rushes it down with Phoenix, hell he only lost at WNF because he teleported IN to a super.

And P Gorath plays it real solid because VJ basically annoys the hell with Voomerangs and doing just random damage all day long (people underestimate Six Machine it has really fast start up). Then Wolverine comes in and basically uses the Shuma assist to start off a combo (or follow up Berserker Slash), which is mad hype to watch. He has basically been a consistent performer at WNF because of Wolverine, random Shuma anchor comebacks and Phoenix. Joe is something new to his team though, maybe he has some VJ tech up his sleeve.

What Clockwork needs to do is just use Phoenix on second place and just use meter with (aka ditch Dark Phoenix play). In those matches he basically kills 2 characters with regular Phoenix and does it without any meter.
Nah, I wanna see him use a character that builds more meter than it uses, so he can go for full combos. Magneto/Doom is a one touch that ends with 2 meters more than he started with, so he can rush down and have Dark Phoenix at the same time. I liked clockwork's team more when he was still using meter, but he stopped for some reason.

As for P, I just don't agree with his play style. He uses a lot of ground vooms and doesn't fire the air ones very rapidly. I think he should run in behind the vooms like flash and use the shuma assist to mix up. The way he's playing it's just like a crappy deadpool or something.

Dahbomb

VJ's rapid air Voomerangs are hard to do. Only 2 players I have seen who use it are Josh Wong and Flash (probably the only 2 other VJ players out there as well). Yeah his VJ game is behind.

And I think I might have some secret Iron Man technology on my hand but I am going to refer to SRK first to make sure someone else didn't find it before me (most likely they have so I am not going to share it yet to save myself the embarrassment).

shaowebb

Kimosabae said:
What are rapid air Voomerangs?

A pain. They turn Joe into Arthur. But with the uppercut and back jumping dive kick Joe has to open you up with if you try to approach him overhead you're screwed once he starts this. Best bet is to assist something to cancel one and provide a runway. Not certain if Akuma Tatsu would work in this scenario but Gamma Wave tends to screw them over even without a cancel. It just buys enough time to cancel yourself and go in with the wave.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
What are rapid air Voomerangs?
I don't know how to use it, I have just seen people use them.

My guess it's like Voomerang, air dash, Voomerang in the air. Josh Wong did it so fast and while approaching, he sent out like 4-5 Voomerangs and covered at least half screen during the approach. It's a sick zoning tool for Joe and of course he was using Joe in his zoning team with Magnus and Taskmaster.

Don't quote me on that.

And it appears that Iron Man technology I was talking about was in fact discovered before me (SURPRISE!) and not only that but someone posted a video of it as well.

Iron Man fast overhead

This combined with his fly overhead makes it very dangerous if an Iron Man player is able to breach your defenses. Since now his BnB do 750K damage and actually are easier to land, you are going to be seeing more effective Iron Man's from now on.

Grecco said:
DDubs Zero is pretty damn impresive. Does stuff even Marn doesnt do.
Like what. I saw his game and even though his Zero was nice, it wasn't a cut above Marn's.

Grecco

Didnt say his Zero was on Marns level, but he does his ground bnb into linking a low air H into ground bnb again is something i hadnt seen before.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I don't know how to use it, I have just seen people use them.

My guess it's like Voomerang, air dash, Voomerang in the air. Josh Wong did it so fast and while approaching, he sent out like 4-5 Voomerangs and covered at least half screen during the approach. It's a sick zoning tool for Joe and of course he was using Joe in his zoning team with Magnus and Taskmaster.

Don't quote me on that.

And it appears that Iron Man technology I was talking about was in fact discovered before me (SURPRISE!) and not only that but someone posted a video of it as well.

Iron Man fast overhead

Seems very impractical, having to jump and hang in the air that long is just asking to get punished. Not to mention it gives your opponent a ton of time to react. Tridashing far better option.

Kimosabae

Banned
If that's hard to do, my 20 minute Joe is GDLK, lol.

Seriously though, I was messing around with Joe some time ago and realized how awesome iAD Voomerang was and how fun it made him to play. It instantly reminded me of Melee Falco's Short Hop Laser (except not as broken) in how it recovers so quickly upon landing (it seems like recovery may be zero?) On hit, it gives combos/mixups and you can retreat iAD Voom if they block.

What's really dirty regarding it: you can train them to block after the iAD Voom by doing another Voom upon landing. This is a true block string (and on hit, it combos). Once they start blocking, you get fun mixups from lows/F. MP overhead. If they like to pushblock, you have a CH setup.

Definitely gonna be playing more Joe in the future.

Dahbomb

Ferrio said:
Seems very impractical, having to jump and hang in the air that long is just asking to get punished. Not to mention it gives your opponent a ton of time to react. Tridashing far better option.
You can do this after a tri-dash. He was just showing how air approaches are predictable when they go from high to low. Works with air dash j.M which is how you want to be approaching with Iron man or j.d+H works too.

It's basically like Storm's float trick only faster (up, up attack). It's essentially an instant overhead even though Iron man 's fly S was a fairly quick overhead too.

Dahbomb

I don't even know if it's hard to do or not, I just figured it was since most people don't use it.

Also Iron Man is the most slept on character in MVC3. You would think people would give him more respect since he has been good in generally every game he has been in. No other character is as little played as Iron Man right now.

Fucking Magneto taking Iron Man's spotlight. They almost do the same damage off of solo combos but thanks to DHC glitch Magneto's damage potential is WAY higher than Iron Man's (right now). Plus faster tri-jump, faster normals, faster beam, full screen LVL3 and more guaranteed damage off of throws.

I don't blame other people, who in their right mind playing COMPETITIVELY would pick IM over Magneto? At least Iron Man can self-OTG...

OMG WESKER GODLIKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom