• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadey said:
Are you guys getting some stupid stagingjustintv thing? It's asking for username and password.
I am, and it's extremely annoying.

enzo_gt said:
Someone said before that Marn was like universally hated by people or something a while ago. I still don't really know the reason why.

I only really got interested in the fighting game pro circuit after Marvel came out, and it's quite the soap opera.
Marn used to be universally hated, but people have seemed to have gotten over it. I think there was something to do with Guilty Gear brackets, I forget.

smurfx

get some go again
had a pretty good mvc 3 session right now. lost to a x factor ryu which is fine since i was bored and i wanted to stop playing but not until my streak ended. although capcom should really raise zero's level 3 damage. that thing hardly does any damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
had a pretty good mvc 3 session right now. lost to a x factor ryu which is fine since i was bored and i wanted to stop playing but not until my streak ended. although capcom should really raise zero's level 3 damage. that thing hardly does any damage.
Uh.... how about no. It's fine the way it is... zero is fine the way he is. He doesn't need any changes in any direction.

Neki

smurfx said:
it's pretty good already. can hit assists, fast and invincible start up and combos very easily, full screen hyper.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
it's pretty good already. can hit assists, fast and invincible start up and combos very easily, full screen hyper.
i'll trade some added damage to his level 3 in return for some added hitstun decay for zero. not like i really care since zero is nothing but an assist for me really. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
i'll trade some added damage to his level 3 in return for some added hitstun decay for zero. not like i really care since zero is nothing but an assist for me really. :p
The fuck? o_O So you want to punish the good players who took time to learn him by making him worse so you can mash out a random level 3? o_O

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Uh.... how about no. It's fine the way it is... zero is fine the way he is. He doesn't need any changes in any direction.
Well his normals already have so much range, I think they should make them 300% bigger anyways, will make no difference because they're already so big. Should get some invincibility frames on his air S too.

Zero is probably one of the better balanced characters TBH, no changes plz.

paul187

Isn't his level 3 pretty much one of the best in the game? That shit is an assist killer, I think only Chris has another level 3 that can hit assists.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
paul187 said:
Isn't his level 3 pretty much one of the best in the game? That shit is an assist killer, I think only Chris has another level 3 that can hit assists.
Definitely one of the best, but like every other Level 3, you gotta set it up to get the most out of it or else it'll whiff.

And maybe it's me but Arthur's Level 3 does a relatively small amount of damage, no?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Definitely one of the best, but like every other Level 3, you gotta set it up to get the most out of it or else it'll whiff.

And maybe it's me but Arthur's Level 3 does a relatively small amount of damage, no?
You can X-factor it and it gets full boosted damage and you can combo after :D it's fun!

Dartastic

Maybe I should practice some combos tonight. I usually don't have much time to putz around, so I play the same basic game/strategies I've been playing since shortly after the game came out, and don't really practice combos and all that stuff. Hrm. HRMERMRMMRMRE. Anyone on XBL want to get on and have some games with me? ...I don't suck that much, I swear.

hitsugi

Professor Beef said:
I am, and it's extremely annoying.

Marn used to be universally hated, but people have seemed to have gotten over it. I think there was something to do with Guilty Gear brackets, I forget.

marn started picking dudley and everything became all right.

LordAlu

I haven't played this in about a week and I'm just getting destroyed online... really need to get some practice in. I wanna use Dormammu as well but I'm a rushdown player and it's taking a while to get used to just his movement! Must... continue...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
paul187 said:
He better not try to pay with Wesker Dollars/Bison Bucks/Seth Stacks or Gil.
I shouldn't have invested in Seth Stacks so early in SFIVs life in retrospect. Could've swore they were overvalued as fuck.

Dartastic said:
Maybe I should practice some combos tonight. I usually don't have much time to putz around, so I play the same basic game/strategies I've been playing since shortly after the game came out, and don't really practice combos and all that stuff. Hrm. HRMERMRMMRMRE. Anyone on XBL want to get on and have some games with me? ...I don't suck that much, I swear.
I'd be willing to play a few games today if you are still bored.

Is there any way to do training mode online? Or to set an online/player match to infinite health/time? My friend just got the game and I want to give him some pointers.

Ok, I think I'm doing it: Magneto(Hyper Grav)/Amaterasu(Cold Star)/Doom(Hidden Missiles)

Positives:
  • Magneto BnB builds well over 2 bars for DHC trick/whatever
  • Can kill any character for two bars with Magneto/Ammy, three bars with Magneto/Doom, DHC trick possible with Ammy/Doom.
  • Decided that Ammy's moveset is more practical than Thor's... TT_TT
  • All characters have strong rushdown, movement and runaway
  • All characters are good at controlling momentum and working alone
  • Ammy slow hyper is literally godlike

Negatives:
  • Low health average (883k)
  • Team Hyper Combo is pretty ass
  • No Thor :-(

How do you mention this, and not the INFINITE HYPE of the match after it with Team Blockbuster?
You mean Captain America/Thor/Iron Man? I haven't ever seen a good Morrigan, so I found that much more interesting.

Dahbomb

Post your favorite matches/sets for MVC3 that are up on Youtube (or any other accessible place for everyone to see).

I am trying to get my friends into MVC3 and he was floored watching me play but he wants to see some "hype" matches that I keep telling him about. I got a few in my pocket and of course I showed him some of that BIONIC AAARRMM action but he wants to see more characters tear it up.

Hell post any great video of MVC3.

This is my contribution: LPN vs Falcomist Fight for Relief Grand Final - The Hype. The Insanity. The Counter Picks. The Mirror Matches. It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Dahbomb

Friend is going to get hyped watching those matches because he loved the concept of the Liberation arts for Dormammu. Today I did regular combo, launcher, Liberation (plus tiger knee reverse) got out 2C1D and then X Factored into another launcher to another friend. Didn't need the X factor but it was BALLER as hell and his mouth was on the floor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Friend is going to get hyped watching those matches because he loved the concept of the Liberation arts for Dormammu. Today I did regular combo, launcher, Liberation (plus tiger knee reverse) got out 2C1D and then X Factored into another launcher to another friend. Didn't need the X factor but it was BALLER as hell and his mouth was on the floor.
You should have X-Factored before 1D2C. It and 2D1C do absolutely ridiculous damage in X-Factor. Like, 2D1C does almost 1 million all by itself in level 3 X-Factor. I once launched Zero into it, and his life bar did an amazing disappearing trick, hahaha.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Also, everything Humbag and Big Marcus from Power Up. Don't know if it's hosted somewhere but Masta Fucking CJ and the chair is the most hype thing ever. Oh and Mike Ross beasting at Power Up too.
I got that match too LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHmoiiJVOE

Oh shit double post... though I was editing my last post. Floe's triple Dormammu OCV in Grand Final is also saved in my harddrive.

Karsticles said:
You mean Captain America/Thor/Iron Man? I haven't ever seen a good Morrigan, so I found that much more interesting.
The match with Morrigan was fun to watch, but the next one with the Thor was just hype all around. I just finished going through the matches and they were a blast.

I think I've got a few things to learn about Morrigan...

The match with Morrigan was fun to watch, but the next one with the Thor was just hype all around. I just finished going through the matches and they were a blast.

I think I've got a few things to learn about Morrigan...
I'm still working on my proposed Hsien-ko plan. I decided to put Dormammu on point and just run away while building meter via Morrigan's assist. Personally, I've never been killed as Dormammu when I just felt like running away unless my opponent had Hidden Missiles. He might actually be the best runner in the game, between a teleport that places you away from your opponent's range, flight, and flame carpet. If I happen to get some offense, I'll roll with it, but my real goal is to get 5 bars for Hsien-ko so she can start the hyper armor train.

Dahbomb said:
Post your favorite matches/sets for MVC3 that are up on Youtube (or any other accessible place for everyone to see).

I am trying to get my friends into MVC3 and he was floored watching me play but he wants to see some "hype" matches that I keep telling him about. I got a few in my pocket and of course I showed him some of that BIONIC AAARRMM action but he wants to see more characters tear it up.

Hell post any great video of MVC3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JckKtBHsGU#t=45m54s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMA2TocJ9BY

Grecco

That Cross Counter DVD is good. Has a couple of sections dedicated to Wesker/Phoenix that you can skip if you dont care about those characters but the rest is good

Dahbomb

Dude I posted a link to that exact same match just last page. :/

Keep the links coming guys... I am LOVING me some MVC3 action!

That Cross Counter viscant guide is AMAZING. For someone like me that doesn't have a lot of experience with the philosophy in high level play, the guide taught me a lot about decision making. Forcing people to act certain ways, changing up to go for the win, these are things that I think will help me a lot. In fact, based on the information I got, I'm going to try changing my team order to Amaterasu/Magneto/Doom. I'll start by focusing on making new mixup situations. The guide showed me that character competence and team structure aren't as dominant as I thought, and why guys like Clockwork lose even though they have much higher skill levels than other players.

Good good, this really helps reinforce my belief that Marvel 2 and 3 are RTS games and not fighting games.

Grecco said:
That Cross Counter DVD is good. Has a couple of sections dedicated to Wesker/Phoenix that you can skip if you dont care about those characters but the rest is good

Except that some of the most important information about the game in general comes from those sections...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Dude I posted a link to that exact same match just last page. :/

Keep the links coming guys... I am LOVING me some MVC3 action!
Oh shit my bad, I just had the new reply window open forever D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom