• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
You know what? No. Sometimes it's best to let the bait go. I'm not getting banned today.
Ohhh? Got something witty to say? Only two things it could be about LOL
If it's about me being crippled then I could careless, that just means your ass gets layed out by a handicapped dude LOL

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
Good games Enzo and Fighting Fish. I don't play against Skrull much so he definitely gave me the most trouble.
Aye, GG. I have no idea how you can land Zero BnBs with that lag but I commend you for being able to. Your Haggar gave me the most trouble, the hit confirm from the Lariat is crazy, and you get a full combo post-hyper too. I really don't know what to do when I confront a Haggar.

You Xbox people have to throw an invite my way. I'm dying over here....

Do you all want me to start insulting you again? I'll do it!
Dartastic said:
I'm working today and tomorrow, but I'd definitely be down in the future. Send me a friend request. My XBL tag is the same as my GAF name.
Ah, I gotcha. I'll send a friend request.

Ferrio said:
Screw you Xbox asses.
You should really get a 360. It's really annoying when all the good players are down for the count and one system has all the bells and whistles, but no contenders...

enzo_gt said:
Aye, GG. I have no idea how you can land Zero BnBs with that lag but I commend you for being able to. Your Haggar gave me the most trouble, the hit confirm from the Lariat is crazy, and you get a full combo post-hyper too. I really don't know what to do when I confront a Haggar.
Be really short or zone him out. Haggar's got a lot of bad matchups, but I love using him when I can.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
You Xbox people have to throw an invite my way. I'm dying over here....

Ah, I gotcha. I'll send a friend request.

Do you all want me to start insulting you again? I'll do it!

You should really get a 360. It's really annoying when all the good players are down for the count and one system has all the bells and whistles, but no contenders...

unless you want to buy me xbox live and mvc3 for xbox, then sadly, no. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
unless you want to buy me xbox live and mvc3 for xbox, then sadly, no. :p
Maybe you should have bought the console with better online if you planned to play online frequently. 360GAF is unmatched and has the superior attack!

ironman4.gif

360GAF, hit me up anytime at GT: arvinater. As long as your not salva, because I still weep a bit aside from the last time he destroyed me. D:

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Maybe you should have bought the console with better online if you planned to play online frequently. 360GAF is unmatched and has the superior attack!

ironman4.gif

360GAF, hit me up anytime at GT: arvinater. As long as your not salva, because I still weep a bit aside from the last time he destroyed me. D:

I do have an xbox360, just no live. And I picked the PS3 because the pad is better too, and PS3 is always my choice for multi-platform.

Ultimoo said:
I do have an xbox360, just no live. And I picked the PS3 because the pad is better too, and PS3 is always my choice for multi-platform.
Did you play BlazBlue on the 360? I'm pretty sure you were a regular back then...
enzo_gt said:

ironman4.gif
Awesome haha
enzo_gt said:
I played this guy early on when the game came out and he had an edge over me. I'd love to see how I'd fair now.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Did you play BlazBlue on the 360? I'm pretty sure you were a regular back then...

Awesome haha

I played this guy early on when the game came out and he had an edge over me. I'd love to see how I'd fair now.

No, you must be mistaking me for someone else. This is the first real fighting game I've bought in a long time.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:

ironman4.gif

salva? i destroyed him last time i played him. just like solarpowered! muahahaha. :p

Dahbomb

Oh man that's a pretty good Jill cosplay.

And having Clockw0rk quest appear on your show would be pretty awesome as well. I think he already has a show up on G4.

Yeah that's what I tell myself whenever I face her but it never seems to work. I play dorm now so storing destruction points and releasing them when she does air fireballs might be easier. I'm gonna test it out when I play that douchebag velox. He switched from wolverine/akuma/sentinel to spencer/taskmaster/phoenix.
Just keep in mind that 3D0C doesn't reach superjump height.

Other useful tools, specifically for Phoenix:
1) Stalking Flare; bait a teleport, X-Factor
2) Flame Carpet, dash in front of it (99% of Phoenix teleports are behind you)

Been working on some friend networks to find later content for 'Assist Me', regarding actors. Have a possibility, but she's not local. Would have to make arrangements.
Haha, I guarantee she'd make your views shoot up - you would learn first-hand the power of sex in advertising.

You have a tolerant wife.

I do have an xbox360, just no live.
Ditto.

QisTopTier said:
Ohhh? Got something witty to say? Only two things it could be about LOL
If it's about me being crippled then I could careless, that just means your ass gets layed out by a handicapped dude LOL
Not witty so much as really really nsfw.

Dahbomb

Views would double for sure after the Jill episode. I just wanna see some good Jill technology.

And does the Joe bomb reset work with Jill's OTG throw?

What is up with Viscant hating on Iron Man? Iron Man is way more solid than Viscant making out to be, mostly because he doesn't seem like he wants to learn his more advance fly/unfly combos (if you check his tutorial you will know that he doesn't really go for that many flashy/advanced combos with any character).

On a side note, the more I play Zero the more I am convinced that he is Top 5 (minus Phoenix, she belongs in her own tier list... good or bad). Before I had him like Top 10 in contention with a few characters for #6.

5 Best characters (current meta game) in the game IN MY OPINION are Magneto, Dante, Wesker, Amaterasu, Zero. I feel these characters are true S rank category characters, mostly above the rest where as the tier next to them (A rank or IMO the next 10-15 characters) are so close that in certain conditions (right assist/team synergy/play style) they are pretty much equal. After A rank comes a really debatable "B tier" of like 10+ characters and then "C tier" which is like Bottom 5.

Oddly enough the bottom 5 contains at least 2 of the best assists in the game and 2-3 of the most hard hitting characters/high health characters in the game with some unique tools to their disposal. The distance between best character and worst character isn't a grand canyon like it is in other game (though X factor and general high damage game style makes this such).

Neki

Dahbomb said:
Views would double for sure after the Jill episode. I just wanna see some good Jill technology.

What is up with Viscant hating on Iron Man? Iron Man is way more solid than Viscant making out to be, mostly because he doesn't seem like he wants to learn his more advance fly/unfly combos (if you check his tutorial you will know that he doesn't really go for that many flashy/advanced combos with any character).

On a side note, the more I play Zero the more I am convinced that he is Top 5 (minus Phoenix, she belongs in her own tier list... good or bad). Before I had him like Top 10 in contention with a few characters for #6.

5 Best characters (current meta game) in the game IN MY OPINION are Magneto, Dante, Wesker, Amaterasu, Zero.

The game is called Fate of Two Wolverines for a reason, dude.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:

5 Best characters (current meta game) in the game IN MY OPINION are Magneto, Dante, Wesker, Amaterasu, Zero. I feel these characters are true S rank category characters, mostly above the rest where as the tier next to them (A rank or IMO the next 10-15 characters) are so close that in certain conditions (right assist/team synergy/play style) they are pretty much equal. After A rank comes a really debatable "B tier" of like 10+ characters and then "C tier" which is like Bottom 5.

Oddly enough the bottom 5 contains at least 2 of the best assists in the game and 2-3 of the most hard hitting characters/high health characters in the game with some unique tools to their disposal. The distance between best character and worst character isn't a grand canyon like it is in other game (though X factor and general high damage game style makes this such).

Wolverine is still top 5 as well. Bumps Amy out imo. Amateratsu is awesome but Magneto/Wesker/Dante/Zero/Wolverine are better.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
The game is called Fate of Two Wolverines for a reason, dude.
Wolverine is #6 or #7 (Taskmaster I feel is about equal to Wolverine). Wolverine without assists isn't much of a threat and has no redeemable assists (compared to my Top 5 in which even Zero with a powered up Ryuejin assist is really powerful), plus he has only one style of play which is 100% rushdown. While he is certainly custom tailored to play that style, he misses out on top 5 because those characters are good at more than one style of play with other really unique/power tools putting them over characters like Taskmaster/Wolverine.

But just marginally.

Also:

Day 1 of MVC3: Fate of Two Sentinels

Day 1 after Justin/Combofiend She Hulk mirror at Final Round: Fate of Two She Hulks

Day 1 after people figured out Tron assist is GDLK: Fate of Two Tron assists

Day 1 after First Patch and Clockw0rk/P Gorath beasting: Fate of Two Phoenixes

Day 1 after some Guard Crush tournament: Fate of Two Wesker/Two Magnetos

Day 1 after PowerUp: Fate of Two Wolverines

I am already predicting a Fate of Two Dante or Fate of Two Zeroes which I have actually seen happen a lot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's a combination of people following you, views, community stuff, etc.

I'd like to lower the quality but in order to have high quality capture I have to set it high. Plus I'm a perfectionist when it comes to technical stuff.

At the very least, people can check out the archived videos afterwards.

Here is a good one recently.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/285806970

Still waiting on fate of two Shumas.

Grecco said:
Wolverine is still top 5 as well. Bumps Amy out imo. Amateratsu is awesome but Magneto/Wesker/Dante/Zero/Wolverine are better.

I think Ammy is better than Wolverine. Honestly, I think she's about as good as Dante. Wesker and Wolverine are probably as good as Magneto on offense with the right assists, but Magneto, Ammy and Zero function way better in general.

Amaterasu has the best counter in the game, a 3 frame jab, better aerial hitboxes than Zero, the smallest standing hit box in the game and an amazing air dash. On top of that, she has a full screen and slow down hyper. Wolverine has a fantastic mixup with an assist, solid damage and one of the better dive kicks in the game. I don't think it's quite as good.

Dahbomb

Ammy also has insane range on her air throw. Coupled with her stupid j.H hit box (with it's nasty ability to cross you up) it's ridiculous how well she controls the air space, even against Magneto. Ammy is the queen of stupid hitboxes in this game.

Fate of Two Shumas already happened with JChen vs PGorath. Not a great display of the character though. Aside from that one Japanese player, I haven't seen much good Shuma play.

I learned a funny trick inspired by PR Balrog: With MODOK, fly around at the top of the screen and call Mags' Hyper Grav assist. If it connects off screen, the opponent gets tossed all the way up to you for a full combo, and it looks funny as hell :-D

BRING ME MY DINNER

Dahbomb said:
Wolverine is #6 or #7 (Taskmaster I feel is about equal to Wolverine). Wolverine without assists isn't much of a threat and has no redeemable assists (compared to my Top 5 in which even Zero with a powered up Ryuejin assist is really powerful), plus he has only one style of play which is 100% rushdown. While he is certainly custom tailored to play that style, he misses out on top 5 because those characters are good at more than one style of play with other really unique/power tools putting them over characters like Taskmaster/Wolverine.
Good point about character versatility. I've stopped playing Zero as pure rushdown, which generally lets me keep him alive a lot longer. Level 3 mega buster is such a rad move.

Dahbomb

Lost Fragment said:
I don't guess anybody recorded Hiro's MODOK at Hadocon eh? His MODOK is all kinds of sexiness.
Should be up on Iplaywinner's archive. And yes it was GODLIKE. MODOK is very good in this game, he is really only hurt by having a shitty hitbox and some bad normal (including a very bad snapback attack).

Good point about character versatility. I've stopped playing Zero as pure rushdown, which generally lets me keep him alive a lot longer. Level 3 mega buster is such a rad move.
Mega Buster is one of the reasons why Zero is Top 5, I am serious. It's the best projectile in the game, beats so many things and has a huge hit box. Plus if you get it from a jump, you can easily follow it up for a full combo. It's why Zero is good against Wolverine because he can stay in the air most of the time and fish for combos with the Mega Buster (or punish Dive Kicks from a distance), a luxury that Wolverine doesn't have.

Also Zero's zoning/spacing capabilities become nightmarish when he has Sogenmu on, especially with X Factor on. No one wants to deal with Zero's Sogenmu and just wait out the timer. Let's not even start on his mixup/reset game, his high damaging and meter building combos, MASSIVE priority on attacks, small hit box on crouching, corner cross ups, his LVL3 homewrecker and his LVL1 hyper which powers up if you X Factor it (meaning Zero getting two characters will always be 2 dead characters).

Zero's only bad match up is Phoenix. In fact he has barely any glaring weaknesses aside from 800K health.

Dahbomb

Anyone got a good example/video of Viscant putting in work?
He played in one of the WNF and was bodying people hardcore. People couldn't see his mix ups coming and were losing characters as they were coming in. His Iron Man was ass and his Phoenix was alright, it was basically mix up city with Wesker where he was OCVing characters with Wesker without even touching meter.

It was in Season 3 of WNF, should be up on Youtube. He was also in the Box Arena tournament against Marn too in the Grand Finals (Marn won).

Dahbomb said:
Mega Buster is one of the reasons why Zero is Top 5, I am serious. It's the best projectile in the game, beats so many things and has a huge hit box. Plus if you get it from a jump, you can easily follow it up for a full combo. It's why Zero is good against Wolverine because he can stay in the air most of the time and fish for combos with the Mega Buster (or punish Dive Kicks from a distance), a luxury that Wolverine doesn't have.

Also Zero's zoning/spacing capabilities become nightmarish when he has Sogenmu on, especially with X Factor on. No one wants to deal with Zero's Sogenmu and just wait out the timer. Let's not even start on his mixup/reset game, his high damaging and meter building combos, MASSIVE priority on attacks, small hit box on crouching, corner cross ups, his LVL3 homewrecker and his LVL1 hyper which powers up if you X Factor it (meaning Zero getting two characters will always be 2 dead characters).
I spent at least a month playing Zero without using the buster, and he was still my best character. Now I'm finally comfortable playing with the buster always charging, and it makes Zero at least twice as good. Mostly I just jump and teleport around, call assists, and tag people with level 3 buster shots to wear them down. Sometimes I'll throw out a Hadangeki to give the buster extra time to charge up. This wears down their point character health, assist health, and just wears them down mentally. Then when I see an opening or think they won't expect it, I rush in for a combo.

Turning buster hits into combos is an obvious next thing for me to work on. I usually don't play with an OTG assist, so I'd assume the main combo starter is air lv3 buster > Raikousen L > S? Or maybe you can fit some ground hits in there.

The last thing I need to work on is playing anyone else on the cast anywhere near as good as my Zero.

So... with characters like Magneto and Phoenix, it looks like you can input down-up-down to quickly superjump and then airdash back to the ground. I turned on input display and it works with just those 3 inputs. I guess it's buffering the first Down, and the second Down after the superjump counts as a double-tap airdash?

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
So... with characters like Magneto and Phoenix, it looks like you can input down-up-down to quickly superjump and then airdash back to the ground. I turned on input display and it works with just those 3 inputs. I guess it's buffering the first Down, and the second Down after the superjump counts as a double-tap airdash?

So can you do down up diagonal down and get the same results?

jdub03 said:
So can you do down up diagonal down and get the same results?
That's harder to pull off... I discovered the down-up-down input by doing a superjump motion and then letting go of the stick... my stick snaps back too far and registers an extra Down input after I let go.

Edit: To clarify, no, I haven't been able to pull that off yet. If it did work, it would probably require DF-UF-DF. If you start with a straight Down input, I don't think the air DF would count for a double-tap airdash.

I got it to work once with a DF airdash so far. Facing left, this is what showed up on input display when I got the DF airdash: 187414

I think the first 1 is buffered, the 8 does a straight up superjump, and the second 1 completes the diagonal airdash motion.

I'm not a fan of numpad notation but it's the easiest way to describe it in this case. Reference pic if you're unused to it like me:

wkxmv.gif

Edit: Anyone know the timing window for a double-tap airdash? How many frames do you have after the first directional input to input the second one?

I just managed DF-UB-DF with no other directions inbetween and it did not work. It's possible I input it too slow.

Dahbomb

Parallax Scroll said:
Turning buster hits into combos is an obvious next thing for me to work on. I usually don't play with an OTG assist, so I'd assume the main combo starter is air lv3 buster > Raikousen L > S? Or maybe you can fit some ground hits in there.

The last thing I need to work on is playing anyone else on the cast anywhere near as good as my Zero.
I don't have an OTG assist with my Zero team I just got for air Buster into Raikousen L version and it works well. Just go into S after that but you can easily do MHS or even Shippouga before the launcher. Just go for the guaranteed stuff though.

It's really easy to do by the way, if you have gotten your charged Zero game down you can easily learn to follow up. I play on Pad and just have L button on L2 and the Buster is always charged.

I got my combos down with Zero and next were the mix ups. L teleport behind them after Shippuga + assist, jump up into down teleport, H teleport + j.H cross up in the corner or throw in the corner. In coming character also has to deal with the loop or even a Buster to the face or Raikousen cross up.

I am pretty sure that if you just have something like Zero/Wesker/Iron Man it's a great team because you essentially have everything you need. Even the damage off of Zero's throw would be great.

Anyone know the timing window for a double-tap airdash? How many frames do you have after the first directional input to input the second one?
You mean forward, forward? LOL why would you do that when you can just do 2 attack buttons.

Dahbomb said:
I don't have an OTG assist with my Zero team I just got for air Buster into Raikousen L version and it works well. Just go into S after that but you can easily do MHS or even Shippouga before the launcher. Just go for the guaranteed stuff though.

It's really easy to do by the way, if you have gotten your charged Zero game down you can easily learn to follow up. I play on Pad and just have L button on L2 and the Buster is always charged.

I got my combos down with Zero and next were the mix ups. L teleport behind them after Shippuga + assist, jump up into down teleport, H teleport + j.H cross up in the corner or throw in the corner. In coming character also has to deal with the loop or even a Buster to the face or Raikousen cross up.

I am pretty sure that if you just have something like Zero/Wesker/Iron Man it's a great team because you essentially have everything you need. Even the damage off of Zero's throw would be great.
I play on a TE and still choke DP motions on it sometimes, so I don't always hit the Raikousen. I like throwing Shippuga into my combos wherever possible because it gives you so much time to set up your followup.

My biggest problem team-wise is that there are only a few characters I'm comfortable using on point, and using anyone else just gets me blown up. Zero/Haggar/Sent is my "best" team if I'm not going up against matchups that are bad for Haggar or Sent. Regardless of who I use, I generally put Zero first and pair him with 2 good assists so I can maximize his usefulness. Depending on the matchup I'll swap in Ammy, Hulk, or Ryu.

Dahbomb said:
You mean forward, forward? LOL why would you do that when you can just do 2 attack buttons.
See a couple posts up. I noticed an interesting airdash property where it looks like you can buffer the first of the 2 directional inputs before you actually jump. It might not have any practical use but now I'm just curious to find out more about how this works.

Edit: Did a couple more tests with Iron Man (facing left again).
191: didn't work, he just superjumped back.
194128: worked. superjump UB, airdash DF.

Dahbomb said:
I don't know if that's a buffer, seems like just inputting during the pre-jump frames.
What does that mean exactly? Are there inputs registering that don't show up on practice mode's input display?

BTW, I did a few more tests, still facing left. I can't really find a pattern to it. For all these I'm just trying to hit DF-UB-DF as quickly as possible. Usually other directions come out inbetween. These are all facing left with iron man.

19212: yes. sjub addf
16918: no. sjub
16919: no. sjub
169128: no. sjub
12941: no. sjub
1912: no. sjub
1491: no. sjub

Dahbomb

Try replacing UB with UF or just Up.

Basically you should just be doing 281 facing left for simplicity.

It might be your stick messing up if it's going down automatically after super jump causing a tri jump to come out when you aren't needing it. I don't know if this little trick will really change anything, I do it the normal way and it comes accurately and fast enough for me.

Dahbomb said:
Try replacing UB with UF or just Up.

Basically you should just be doing 281 facing left for simplicity.

It might be your stick messing up if it's going down automatically after super jump causing a tri jump to come out when you aren't needing it. I don't know if this little trick will really change anything, I do it the normal way and it comes accurately and fast enough for me.
It's definitely an issue with my stick, but no one will help me in the stick thread. :(

I'm done messing around with the trijump. You're right that 2 attack buttons is going to be better regardless. This was just a case of going "oh, that's weird" and trying to find out more about why the game behaved that way.

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
That's harder to pull off... I discovered the down-up-down input by doing a superjump motion and then letting go of the stick... my stick snaps back too far and registers an extra Down input after I let go.

Edit: To clarify, no, I haven't been able to pull that off yet. If it did work, it would probably require DF-UF-DF. If you start with a straight Down input, I don't think the air DF would count for a double-tap airdash.

I got it to work once with a DF airdash so far. Facing left, this is what showed up on input display when I got the DF airdash: 187414

I think the first 1 is buffered, the 8 does a straight up superjump, and the second 1 completes the diagonal airdash motion.

I'm not a fan of numpad notation but it's the easiest way to describe it in this case. Reference pic if you're unused to it like me:

wkxmv.gif

Edit: Anyone know the timing window for a double-tap airdash? How many frames do you have after the first directional input to input the second one?

I just managed DF-UB-DF with no other directions inbetween and it did not work. It's possible I input it too slow.

I tried it and it works but it requires too fast a stick motion to be worth it. Plus you can't input the d and an attack at the same time. If you do you don't get the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom