• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Not bad at all? That's kinda under rating it. More like oh looks like zero is 3rd or second best character now. :D
This is God's Beard, 2mill at least with 1 bar or else it's eh.

Neki

God's Beard said:
You mean like Magneto's 2L? All my combos are designed to be hit off of easy stuff, stop hating :/
start doing it against real people and I won't have to put you on blast. :)

mybrH.gif

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
This.
is.
so.
fucking.
hype.

I'm stoked just to even hear of what team he uses. Ryu will be back in top tier for at least 2-3 weeks afterwards.

The small video you can see him using Akuma, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Jill, Wesker, Zero, Dante. Among others. I have no idea who he plans on using all i know is i cant wait for july.

Hope Justin TV or wherever the streams will be held can handle it cause its gonna be a shit ton of viewers.

Solune

enzo_gt said:
Three very, very solid characters.

Looks like Keits won the war.
It showed him using a variety of characters, Task/Modok/Jill. She-hulk team. I'll bet he has a lot of tech reserved and doubtful he'll stick with just one team

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Solune said:
It showed him using a variety of characters, Task/Modok/Jill. She-hulk team. I'll bet he has a lot of tech reserved and doubtful he'll stick with just one team
This is what I'm thinking too. He's going to be left field.

Probably just him looking at matchups and knowing the enemy. If you can play 'em, you probably can pick up a thing or two on how to beat 'em. I want more Japanese technology.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
If he does end up going to CEO, I wonder if he'll enter MvC3 for the experience he'll gain, or if he wants to keep his shit under wraps until EVO.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
This is what I'm thinking too. He's going to be left field.

Probably just him looking at matchups and knowing the enemy. If you can play 'em, you probably can pick up a thing or two on how to beat 'em. I want more Japanese technology.

Yeah i just hope Japan actually takes this game seriously enough now. Would make things soo much better

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Conceited said:
If he does end up going to CEO, I wonder if he'll enter MvC3 for the experience he'll gain, or if he wants to keep his shit under wraps until EVO.
Wait, Daigo is/was considering going to CEO? We might get an appetizer of hype served before the full course?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Hard to take MvC3 seriously in Japan when it's not scattered throughout arcades across the land.

enzo_gt said:
Wait, Daigo is/was considering going to CEO? We might get an appetizer of hype served before the full course?

There have been Madcatz teasers in both the CEO and Shadowloo Showdown trailers, one can only assume this means Daigo.

Speaking of teams, who is everybody using thus far into the game's lifespan?

vWPN4.jpg

AMD: My strongest team, this is the one I think will work well against most matchups. It builds a lot of meter and does a ton of damage without really using any, while being able to disrupt momentum relatively easily.

JTS: My "fun" team, it's just made of my favorite characters, but can still do a lot of damage, even if mobility and matchups are a huge problem. Thor is probably the character I understand the best.

VMF: My secret technology team, one that I built entirely on weird setups rather than weird combos. This one won't come out for a while, but I haven't seen other players use any of the techniques I've developed for this one. I'm not as comfortable with MODOK or Felicia as I need to be yet, and I have a lot to experiment with with Joe's remote mines.

Finals are over this week, so after I organize my portfolio and finish a couple projects I'll finally be able to put serious time into playing online.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry to be boring but:

20gri.jpg

ZIS - My old team. Decided I was not satisfied with the miniscule amount of health Zero has, and decided to drop Zero in favour of Dormammu. Still use it from time to time when I want to mix things up.

DIH - My alternate team I tried, when I was experimenting with Hulk. Turns out the mobility of Hulk was a detriment to my team, and I didn't have very many anti-Sent strats, so I ditched Hulk and went back to Skrull for my anchor, who makes most Sents look free, because most Sents don't know how to play Sent.

DIS - My main team. Works out pretty well, love the XF3 boost on Skrull. Currently trying to level up this team and as a result am not putting much time into the rest, or caring for them at all really.

"Used" is inaccurate cause I switch up assists and colours all the time.

Alternate troll team that's usually in the 2nd slot: DSH - Dorm/Skrull/Hulk - Because Iron Man is my weakest character, I run this team to troll with, for maximum damage output. Doesn't have very much synergy outside of DHCs, and if it does I don't know how to utilize it well. Won't pick up these team though, because of infinite hope that I'll learn Iron Man combos one day (Can't do Fly/Unfly combos).

hitsugi

Didn't Daigo announce that he was going to pick up MVC3 with Tokido?

We haven't seen any matches, but I'm sure he's training hard for that one.. It'll be a lot tougher to break into the top.... anything with MVC3 compared to AE at EVO.

Dahbomb

Yeah, Daigo and Tokido are sparring partners. Tokido does damage but I don't consider him GODLIKE or anything.

Oh and Daigo will get FUCKING RAPED at MVC3. GTFO with this shit Daigo the hell you gonna do when Yipes is tri-jumping in on your ass with Wesker unblockable set up.

He's still going to rape at SSF4AE really hard.

And CHALLENGE ACCEPTED MUTHA FUCKER! Can't wait for a "WELCOME TO USA" moment in MVC3.

One thing is for sure, there are going to be quite a lot of Japanese players in attendance for MVC3 this year which means a lot of new technology. EVO can't come here soon enough.

I think you underestimate the tenacity of US Marvel players. Besides, if Daigo is playing AE literally 6 hours a day to stay #1 on the leaderboards, when is he practicing a game he's not familiar with?

Dahbomb

Maybe but as it stands America is a powerhouse at MVC3 and there are way too many top players with top teams and strat that can potentially blow through Daigo.

Daigo teams:

She Hulk/Amaterasu/Phoenix

Zero/Akuma/Phoenix

Taskmaster/Akuma/Phoenix

Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix

Jill/MODOK/Taskmaster

Spencer/Sentinel/Phoenix

Greatest justice would be Daigo being bodied by ChrisG using Ryu.

Seems like Daigo is a Phoenix player. Can't wait for him to see him blown up by Snapbacks and Dormammu 3D0C.

Alucrid

Banned
God's Beard said:
I think you underestimate the tenacity of US Marvel players. Besides, if Daigo is playing AE literally 6 hours a day to stay #1 on the leaderboards, when is he practicing a game he's not familiar with?

The other 18.

dankir

So now that Diago is going to win EVO in MvC3 how many of you hopefuls are backing out

Lol goddamn at the video, SHOTS FUCKING FIRED!

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
Maybe but as it stands America is a powerhouse at MVC3 and there are way too many top players with top teams and strat that can potentially blow through Daigo.

Daigo teams:

Zero/Akuma/Phoenix

Taskmaster/Akuma/Phoenix

Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix

Jill/MODOK/Taskmaster

Spencer/Sentinel/Phoenix

Seems like Daigo is a Phoenix player. Can't wait for him to see him blown up by Snapbacks and Dormammu 3D0C.

you have absolutely no idea on what daigo is going to play or whom hes training with. All we know is its daigo, and hes gonna now play a vs game.

Dahbomb

USA/East Coast needs to issue out a statement against Daigo/Japan concerning MVC3.

I nominate Yipes as spokesperson. I know this is all a publicity stunt and all but words are words and Daigo said it with his own mouth. I want the USA response FUCKING NOW!

Grecco said:
you have absolutely no idea on what daigo is going to play or whom hes training with. All we know is its daigo, and hes gonna now play a vs game.
Pretty sure he said very early in MVC3's cycle that he is going to be sparring with Tokido in MVC3. Judging from the display shown and how Tokido plays, I would say there is a fair idea of what to expect from Daigo. Phoenix appears to be more bait/back up than main team strategy. Daigo is going to be winning on the strength of 2 main characters with great synergy with the added bonus of Phoenix. All those teams shown aside from the Jill/MODOK/Taskmaster team are legit teams and the combos were legit too (and it was Daigo playing). Although I am really interested in that team, seems like there is some secret technology in it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

Daigo teams:

Zero/Akuma/Phoenix

Taskmaster/Akuma/Phoenix

Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix

Jill/MODOK/Taskmaster

Spencer/Sentinel/Phoenix

Power of th- Power of th- Power of the Destructor.

Neki

I'm still skeptical of Daigo in MvC3. People have high confidence in his abilities, but he'll be at a disadvantage experience and time wise, and he also has way less competition in Japan. Either people are overestimating how good Daigo is, or people are underestimating how well people in the U.S are going to play. It'll be fun to see at least.

Dahbomb said:
I hope after seeing this, JWong goes back to serious mode with MVC3. I want a reverse BEAST IS UNLEASHED moment at EVO.

He already said after the PDP tournament he's gonna step it up BIG time.

Unfortunately he also said he's going to main Yun in AE and Wolverine in Marvel.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Ultimoo said:
I'm still skeptical of Daigo in MvC3. People have high confidence in his abilities, but he'll be at a disadvantage experience and time wise, and he also has way less competition in Japan. Either people are overestimating how good Daigo is, or people are underestimating how well people in the U.S are going to play. It'll be fun to see at least.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Tokido got top 8 at Final Round with only a few days worth of real practice, and he just recently won Stunfest. Daigo should have no problem performing similarly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Conceited said:
As I mentioned in the other thread, Tokido got top 8 at Final Round with only a few days worth of real practice, and he just recently won Stunfest. Daigo should have no problem performing similarly.
Is there footage of him at Stunfest recently? I can't seem to find any.

Dahbomb

He said he is going to play Wolverine until EVO for which he has a new stylish team planned.

Stunfest Grand Final was eh... other player was using a zoning team including Magneto who was also used as a zoning tool. Tokido just plowed through him with Wolverine, usually using LVL1 X Factor on the first or 2nd character. Not once did he use X factor with Phoenix, in fact Phoenix almost felt like a dead weight on his team. The player wasn't even snapping in Phoenix.

Tokido's Wolverine was beastly (he does extra damage after the Dive Kick ground bounce) and he had some nice Sentinel combos but outside of that nothing extraordinary. Tokido wasn't afraid to use meter/X Factor while having Phoenix and still managed to get Dark Phoenix out.

Whenever Tokido's Wolverine died, he basically lost the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom