• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

The Abominable Snowman said:
Lag makes it impossible to block against XFactor teleports. Why do you hate yourself?

Online is all I got, and there are a few high ranked players I'd like to destroy who use phoenix.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im watching the CrossCounter DVD
Man this Viscant dood is blowing my mind.

Kimosabae

Banned
So, does anyone else hate the fact that you don't turn around after crossing someone up? Why do you guys think Capcom made this change? It's irritating.

Solune

Ogrekiller said:
Huh, never realized Storm's Double Typhoon and Chris' landmine otg'd.

Wait Grenade Launcher hyper OTGs too?
Chris' L Landmine doesn't OTG, and yes Grenade Launcher OTGs, you can do landmine, wallbounce assist, and combo into full Grenade Launcher hyper. I've seen a setup with Jill and it's pretty sick but I don't use Jill so I can't utilize it.

smurfx

get some go again
man stupid weskers grab special should not be able to grab haggar after he already hit the damn ground with his stomach splash special. how the hell does that work? hope capcom fixes that shit.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
So, does anyone else hate the fact that you don't turn around after crossing someone up? Why do you guys think Capcom made this change? It's irritating.
You played MVC2? Basically Magneto/Storm would tri-jump over you and auto-correct/side switch instantly for the cross up and free combo. It was really dirty, you couldn't do much about it.

Basically Viscant from the CC DVD (you can just watched the embedded youtube video, it's totally free and AWESOME) was 100% correct in saying that MVC3 is more about regular jumps than super jumps (meaning the fight is more focused nearer the ground than high in the sky as it was in MVC2). You really have to know what you are doing when you super jump in MVC3, it's not like in MVC2 where regular jumping was ass it's actually better to use regular jumping sometimes. The whole non-side switching thing is one of the reasons.

Neki

Solune said:
Let's play =D
oh man, ggs dude. your fricking hulk reverse ocv'd me like 7 times, so annoying. all his attacks have fricking armor and priority, ridiculous! your chris combos are pretty good two, they last super long. :p

Solune

Ultimoo said:
oh man, ggs dude. your fricking hulk reverse ocv'd me like 7 times, so annoying. all his attacks have fricking armor and priority, ridiculous! your chris combos are pretty good two, they last super long. :p
Oh man too much time in the training room no fights for 3 weeks totally owned me. And you have Sent, he won alot of games! And your telling me Chris combos are long you have Tron! But GGs I got owned hard.

Neki

Solune said:
Oh man too much time in the training room no fights for 3 weeks totally owned me. And you have Sent, he won alot of games! And your telling me Chris combos are long you have Tron! But GGs I got owned hard.
yeah same here, I haven't played any real people for 3 weeks, the first game was so bad, random hypers every where. lol I meant your Chris Combos as a complement, it was surprising to see you string together that huge ass combos needing two assists, chris does so much damage too, wow, he kills ammy in almost one combo. if it was a 2/3 you would have raped me bad, takes me a while to get used to an opponent. :p

smurfx

get some go again
just had a really, really good player match with a pretty good magneto and wesker. learned a whole lot on how to fight them. he went up 3-0 on me and i ended up coming back and winning 6-5 before he rage quit i'm guessing. he switched to zero, dr doom and wesker which was a bad idea since i know how to fight zero.

LordAlu

Man, Dormammu is pretty good at rushdown. I'm enjoying learning him so much. His BnB is pretty easy to get the timing down on, if you catch them with a random Dark Hole it's an easy cancel into Chaotic Flame, and I love throwing out Stalking Flare and then using M Teleport to start a combo from behind whilst they block it. Gonna take me a while to get used to him, but with a great meter builder point like Wesker or assist like Morrigan, I can easily see him being my favorite character.

smurfx

get some go again
god dammit twice now stupid sentinels low leg thrust has gotten through even though i'm blocking low. makes shit even worse because the two times it happened the player did the usual combo into xfactor into fucking death.

Neki

smurfx said:
god dammit twice now stupid sentinels low leg thrust has gotten through even though i'm blocking low. makes shit even worse because the two times it happened the player did the usual combo into xfactor into fucking death.
well it does have 3 hits :O

Dahbomb

Someone needs to start making a comeback compilation with MVC3 (like there are for SSF4).

Minus Phoenix of course, that doesn't count as a "comeback". In fact just killing Dark Phoenix LVL3 XF should be grounds for a comeback.

MarlinPie C. Viper ownage <-- Features C Viper raping, a nice Felicia comeback and a snazzy Sentinel relaunch combo.

So yesterday, I am getting some Player Matches in before work and I happen upon this guy who is my same rank (Fighter, don't laugh.) SO the match starts and I pick my team (Hulk, Skrull, Sentinel) and he picks his team (Dante, Zero, Iforget.) 1st Game happens and I beat him with all my team to spare. 2nd Game, it comes down to the wire due to a bad read I made at the beginning, but I pull it out. The next 3 games are basically me executing my plan somewhat perfectly (Or he just couldn't get out of the trap.) He eventually quits in a huff and I go on to work

This morning, I wake up and see this gem in my inbox
IMAG0045.jpg

OK... Since you gonna do it like that, Imma do it like this
IMAG0046.jpg

After reading some of the masterful hatemail responses in this thread, I felt I had no choice but to contribute something

Dahbomb

Skrull into Hulk or Hulk into Skrull is a TOD with 2 bars against most characters. In fact it's one of the first non-Sentinel, non-X Factor TODs I did in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like the model CC has with the DVD. Basically if you want the DVD for free, you must tweet about it or sign up to their mailing list. That's a win-win really, helps get the word out even if you don't pay.

And ofcourse, its chock full of useful stuff.

Dahbomb

It's definitely one of the best help videos out there on MVC3. I have shown it to almost all my friends already (who are interested in MVC3). They were floored at the depth of the game and the thinking that goes into just one set up. If anything it puts players into a correct mindset for the game, figuring out TODs is not going to win you the game if you can't set them up.

I am hoping they would do a Marvel 2.0 too. More guest players, more teams breakdown and more advance tactics/reset stuff, basically building upon 1.0. Would like to see them cover some unblockable set ups as well as instant overheads with particular characters. Would like to see some stuff about zoning teams and anchor characters. Marvel 1.0 was basically more about how to run a Phoenix team but most teams out there aren't Phoenix teams. At least it had some anti-Phoenix tech which everyone should know.

Solune

Ultimoo said:
yeah same here, I haven't played any real people for 3 weeks, the first game was so bad, random hypers every where. lol I meant your Chris Combos as a complement, it was surprising to see you string together that huge ass combos needing two assists, chris does so much damage too, wow, he kills ammy in almost one combo. if it was a 2/3 you would have raped me bad, takes me a while to get used to an opponent. :p
Gotta represent Chris =D. But I got blown up harder than I expected, and my hatred for fighting against Ammy has gone up a couple of notches with Tron. Takes me even longer to get adjusted, have to find a way around Ammy and Tron. That's why I had to run back to Hulk :lol

Dahbomb said:
It's definitely one of the best help videos out there on MVC3. I have shown it to almost all my friends already (who are interested in MVC3). They were floored at the depth of the game and the thinking that goes into just one set up. If anything it puts players into a correct mindset for the game, figuring out TODs is not going to win you the game if you can't set them up.

I am hoping they would do a Marvel 2.0 too. More guest players, more teams breakdown and more advance tactics/reset stuff, basically building upon 1.0. Would like to see them cover some unblockable set ups as well as instant overheads with particular characters. Would like to see some stuff about zoning teams and anchor characters. Marvel 1.0 was basically more about how to run a Phoenix team but most teams out there aren't Phoenix teams. At least it had some anti-Phoenix tech which everyone should know.
While it used a Phoenix team as an example, most of the advice still applies to the game as a whole even when they are specifically focusing on Viscant's team. And I got the impression a while back that Viscant is just the first guest in a series.

I swapped my TE back to all stock parts after running bat top and oct gate for a month. I definitely prefer the ball top at this point, but the square gate is making special moves a real bitch when facing left. I'm so used to the high resistance American sticks where you use your whole arm to input motions. Now I'm working on training myself to grip the balltop with just my fingertips and do motions with just my fingers and wrist. Tough stuff.

SmokeMaxX

Str0ngStyle said:
So yesterday, I am getting some Player Matches in before work and I happen upon this guy who is my same rank (Fighter, don't laugh.) SO the match starts and I pick my team (Hulk, Skrull, Sentinel) and he picks his team (Dante, Zero, Iforget.) 1st Game happens and I beat him with all my team to spare. 2nd Game, it comes down to the wire due to a bad read I made at the beginning, but I pull it out. The next 3 games are basically me executing my plan somewhat perfectly (Or he just couldn't get out of the trap.) He eventually quits in a huff and I go on to work

This morning, I wake up and see this gem in my inbox
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/Str0ngStyle/IMAG0045.jpg[IMG]

OK... Since you gonna do it like that, Imma do it like this
[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/Str0ngStyle/IMAG0046.jpg[IMG]

After reading some of the masterful hatemail responses in this thread, I felt I had no choice but to contribute something[/QUOTE]
Here's my strategy: I like to put forth the least possible amount of effort to keep people angry. I get so happy if I get a super long hate mail message because I know the dude will spend 10-15 minutes of his own time replying to my trolling haha. I like "nub" followed by "usuk" and "scrub."
People don't appreciate any of that haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ogrekiller said:
Fucking A. I love this game so much.

Dahbomb said:

I hope Marvel 2.0 includes Clockw0rk to get some of his metagame kind of strategy, and I hope it does focus less on individual teams and more on strategies that apply further across the board. I remember something about him choosing to run a non-Phoenix team for a while just to prepare himself so that he doesn't fall into the cycle of using Phoenix only as a gimmich and an anchor.

God's Beard said:
It blows my mind that the Marvel 1.0 DVD didn't make it to the SRK front page. What's the deal with that? I've noticed that not a lot from them makes it there. Only the Broly video from what I remember.
don't they have their own marvel guide? perhaps it's a conflict of interests

Chavelo

Since the PSN is back up, anybody wanna team up for a first to 15 or more for several days this week coming up to practice and warm up for Kadey's tourney? I will be available around 7pm to 11 pm weekdays mountain time. Please send me a PM here or on PSN. Username is ADChavelo. Or just add me and invite. :D

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
You played MVC2? Basically Magneto/Storm would tri-jump over you and auto-correct/side switch instantly for the cross up and free combo. It was really dirty, you couldn't do much about it.

Basically Viscant from the CC DVD (you can just watched the embedded youtube video, it's totally free and AWESOME) was 100% correct in saying that MVC3 is more about regular jumps than super jumps (meaning the fight is more focused nearer the ground than high in the sky as it was in MVC2). You really have to know what you are doing when you super jump in MVC3, it's not like in MVC2 where regular jumping was ass it's actually better to use regular jumping sometimes. The whole non-side switching thing is one of the reasons.

I get the hard to block crossup shit from Marvel 2 - but I thought that's why Tri-Jumps were nerfed in the first place. Removing the need to crossup block all aerials outside a select few seems excessive. If anything, they could have just made Super Jump aerials keep the jumper in back turned state. I like to Dash Jump a lot and as is, sailing passed grounded opponents with floaty jumps just feels imprecise and sloppy to me.

Really wish this game had some kind of Fast Fall system in place. It would be the best fighting game ever made (eh, maybe not, but it'd be awesome).

I'm trying out a new team with Dormammu, although my first player match was in super slow motion. It's the laggiest match I've played yet. The character intros alone took what seemed like a full minute.

JeTmAn81

Parallax Scroll said:
I'm trying out a new team with Dormammu, although my first player match was in super slow motion. It's the laggiest match I've played yet. The character intros alone took what seemed like a full minute.
I actually like it when this happens. It's awesome watching all that furious action slowed down to the tempo of a beautiful ballet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kimosabae said:
Really wish this game had some kind of Fast Fall system in place. It would be the best fighting game ever made (eh, maybe not, but it'd be awesome).

It does if you use Taskmaster or Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom