• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I want to see some hilarious shit, like that vid of that one dude getting blown up by Omega Red, Juggs, and Bulleta.

USA practically owns marvel, but...they have been dropping dope ass technology since the game came out. I wouldn't overestimate his skills (especially since nobody has seen him play...) or underestimate his ability to adapt. This is a publicity stunt anyhow, so it doesn't even really matter. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ogrekiller said:
Just watched this and the two in your post. Props for the link.

DAMN THATS SOME SOLID PLAY. Definitely one of the best Phoenixes, knows how to play her X-Factor or not, with meter or without, with some balanced meter usage too. And hey look, someone actually using Tornado Claw, usefully even :lol

Also, that Dormammu level 3 to counter the Plasma Storm from Sent was pretty sweet. Does the startup on that have invincibility? Tokido was always sharp, but damn I can't find a flaw in his ways here, perhaps its just the competition that was available there to him.

Ok so this is seeming like the best I can get out of this Ammy combo. I might not use it though, it's kind of wonky and it might be unreliable on certain characters.

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged), MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->HS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), A1(Hyper Gravitation), instant Glaive Chop, S, Head Charge H, S, jS(offscreen mixup)

edit: friendlier version:

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged),MH+A1(Hyper Gravitation) MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->HS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), S, jS, Thunder Dive xx Glaive Chop

double edit: stronger version:

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged), MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH, jH+A1(Hyper Gravitation)jHH, H->HHHHS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), S, jS, Thunder Dive xx Glaive Chop
~500k

triple edit: Just looked up some Ammy combos for the first time, there's one that's just HHHHHHHHHHHHHH and does more damage than mine. FUCK.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Ok so this is seeming like the best I can get out of this Ammy combo. I might not use it though, it's kind of wonky and it might be unreliable on certain characters.

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged), MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->HS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), A1(Hyper Gravitation), instant Glaive Chop, S, Head Charge H, S, jS(offscreen mixup)

edit: friendlier version:

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged),MH+A1(Hyper Gravitation) MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->HS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), S, jS, Thunder Dive xx Glaive Chop

double edit: stronger version:

(Thunder Edge)jH(charged), MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH, jH+A1(Hyper Gravitation)jHH, H->HHHHS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (last missile OTGs), S, jS, Thunder Dive xx Glaive Chop
~500k

triple edit: Just looked up some Ammy combos for the first time, there's one that's just HHHHHHHHHHHHHH and does more damage than mine. FUCK.

If I do HHHHH + S + HHH + QCF~H + M + S + TK Okami Shuffle I do 580k, so good, lol.

kirblar

Professor Beef said:
Do not resist the flowchart. Let it consume you.
Speaking of which, what's the trick to getting the ground->air->ground combo that lets you go HHHHH-> launch, then knock them down and re-do the HHHHH stuff? I've been really confused looking at videos online and trying to replicate it.

Neki

kirblar said:
Speaking of which, what's the trick to getting the ground->air->ground combo that lets you go HHHHH-> launch, then knock them down and re-do the HHHHH stuff? I've been really confused looking at videos online and trying to replicate it.
QCF+H in the air, you need to link it rather quickly with a normal H to get it to hit. On smaller characters like Zero and Wolverine, only do two aerial H's before going into QCF+H. It will cause a ground bounce, and you need to use M when you hit the ground, and you can then relaunch from there.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
QCF+H in the air, you need to link it rather quickly with a normal H to get it to hit. On smaller characters like Zero and Wolverine, only do two aerial H's before going into QCF+H. It will cause a ground bounce, and you need to use M when you hit the ground, and you can then relaunch from there.
Thanks!

Blah.
Any theories as to why Capcom did this?
Part of balancing the air dash characters, I imagine.

Man, Dormammu is pretty good at rushdown. I'm enjoying learning him so much. His BnB is pretty easy to get the timing down on, if you catch them with a random Dark Hole it's an easy cancel into Chaotic Flame, and I love throwing out Stalking Flare and then using M Teleport to start a combo from behind whilst they block it. Gonna take me a while to get used to him, but with a great meter builder point like Wesker or assist like Morrigan, I can easily see him being my favorite character.
If you're just starting out with him, a shameless plug:
http://shoryuken.com/f361/dormammu-thread-261936/

Speaking of teams, who is everybody using thus far into the game's lifespan?
A lot of teams, several about to be changed, and a few new ones in the works; I like them all:
Taskmaster/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
Trish/Amaterasu/Dormammu
Dormammu/Chris/Tron Bonne
Dormammu/Sentinel/Dante
C. Viper/Dormammu/Iron Man
Wolverine/Ryu/Dormammu

Working on teams for Spider-man and Felicia right now.

Also, that Dormammu level 3 to counter the Plasma Storm from Sent was pretty sweet. Does the startup on that have invincibility? Tokido was always sharp, but damn I can't find a flaw in his ways here, perhaps its just the competition that was available there to him.
Dark Dimension has huge startup invincibility, but it has a projectile hitbox, so beams can destroy it.

Why don't people do another f.HHHHH series before relaunching when they do that? f.H causes no hitstun decay.

My main team for the past few weeks has been a toss up between
She-Hulk / Task / Sent
Task / Trish / _________ (Wesker, Deadpool, or Dorm still can't decide)

Anybody see the various Lupinko tweets that appeared and were deleted today?

ugh, smh, you can't be serious, SUPER MvC3? REALLY? REALLY?

This is coming from two companies that lack creativity with names here people, so not surprising at all

the two tweets were then deleted and replaced by:

I didn't say anything about no nuttin

So yeah silly name. Also one should note that Lupinko got himself banned from here for derogatory jokes regarding the playstation network..<_<

I'm sure it's been discussed before but who are considered good "beginner friendly" type characters? Low execution, strait forward types? Characters you would recommend for someone just starting the game. I'm thinking Task, Wolvie, Deadpool, Cap and Sent. Anyone I'm missing?

Grecco

_dementia said:
That would be really awkward considering the MvC series' naming convention. I would have just expected "Marvel vs. Capcom 4"

Or just Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, with the whole Ultimate Marvel unvierse thing.

hitsugi

Grecco said:
Or just Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, with the whole Ultimate Marvel unvierse thing.

I agree. I think "ultimate" suits the whole thing better.

What I don't like is how Capcom probably figured out that no one wants to pay $5.00 per character after Jill / Shuma and rather than drop that whole thing, they figure it's best to make us buy another game.

Grecco said:
I think I'd rather see Hyper Marvel vs Capcom 3, personally. I read the other one as "Ultimate Marvel" vs "Capcom" sometimes, even though I know better. xD
hitsugi said:

What I don't like is how Capcom probably figured out that no one wants to pay $5.00 per character after Jill / Shuma and rather than drop that whole thing, they figure it's best to make us buy another game.
Do people really not want to? Capcom didn't even seem to want to release DLC besides what they planned for that first month. I doubt our reception to it has anything to do with it.

Or rather, it seemed kind of set in stone that we weren't gonna be getting all the cool stuff we could be long before the game even released, which is a shame.

Holy smokes! I'm gonna be reading the crap outta this! I'm heading across from rainy England to Canada for three weeks tomorrow (and taking a trip into New York for a few days too) so I'll have plenty of time to look through all this and jump on Marvel when I get home. Damn, I'm looking forward it already! :D Thanks!
You are most welcome. Any and all feedback is welcome, I try to add something substantially new weekly.

Unfortunately he also said he's going to main Yun in AE and Wolverine in Marvel.
I really hope Wolverine doesn't get nerfed too hard...though I'd be fine with Berserker Slash not having invincibility frames.

That would be really awkward considering the MvC series' naming convention. I would have just expected "Marvel vs. Capcom 4"
4 suggests a complete revamp of the playstyle in Capcom naming convention.

I'm sure it's been discussed before but who are considered good "beginner friendly" type characters? Low execution, strait forward types? Characters you would recommend for someone just starting the game. I'm thinking Task, Wolvie, Deadpool, Cap and Sent. Anyone I'm missing?
Assuming you're playing against other newbies, slower characters tend to be easier to play at a low level, and of course, high health is always a good thing.

According to S-Kill, the recent environmental disaster caused Capcom to shift their plans for the game.

Lothars

Karsticles said:
According to S-Kill, the recent environmental disaster caused Capcom to shift their plans for the game.

That's really dissapointing but I am not upset about a new version just wishing we got more DLC, I also hope they don't have the name Super MVC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Hmm.. link?

A shame if true, but I'm still hella skeptical. I can see that being a reason but damn.

Karsticles said:
I really hope Wolverine doesn't get nerfed too hard...though I'd be fine with Berserker Slash not having invincibility frames.

Holy, I didn't know the Slash had inv frames. That's kinda crazy, but I guess you can kind of call it a teleport.

As for the Japan thing, makes sense. Can't sell DLC to people who don't have homes. Plus, a lot of the teams had huge delays because of that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Toxicplatypus said:
Anybody see the various Lupinko tweets that appeared and were deleted today?

ugh, smh, you can't be serious, SUPER MvC3? REALLY? REALLY?

This is coming from two companies that lack creativity with names here people, so not surprising at all

the two tweets were then deleted and replaced by:

I didn't say anything about no nuttin

So yeah silly name. Also one should note that Lupinko got himself banned from here for derogatory jokes regarding the playstation network..<_<

If he is serious, then beh with name.

I was hoping for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 but I bet they were afraid that we might think they ripping it off from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

We both know that doesn't change much...
For any zoning character, it changes a ton. Most of what makes Wolverine so frustrating to deal with is that he's basically has a teleport that ends in an attack. He completely ignores defenses like Flame Carpet. Every other rushdown character either needs to take a risk when he or she teleports, or is vulnerable during the teleport, and thus is making a risk. Wolverine has neither of these.

Yesterday, I actually got to watch Wolverine warp through my c.M.

Hmm.. link?

A shame if true, but I'm still hella skeptical. I can see that being a reason but damn.
I think the S-Kill source was from an Eventhubs interview, but you Niitsuma said it here:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/362/362857/

Holy, I didn't know the Slash had inv frames. That's kinda crazy, but I guess you can kind of call it a teleport.
It's better than a teleport though, since you can't really punish it once it starts up. :p Against a good Wolverine, I don't even bother to lay a Flame Carpet. It might as well not be there.

jdub03

Karsticles said:
Part of balancing the air dash characters, I imagine.

If you're just starting out with him, a shameless plug:
http://shoryuken.com/f361/dormammu-thread-261936/

A lot of teams, several about to be changed, and a few new ones in the works; I like them all:
Taskmaster/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
Trish/Amaterasu/Dormammu
Dormammu/Chris/Tron Bonne
Dormammu/Sentinel/Dante
C. Viper/Dormammu/Iron Man
Wolverine/Ryu/Dormammu

Working on teams for Spider-man and Felicia right now.

Dark Dimension has huge startup invincibility, but it has a projectile hitbox, so beams can destroy it.

Why don't people do another f.HHHHH series before relaunching when they do that? f.H causes no hitstun decay.

Do you attend any michigan tourneys. I know there is one at u of m. Are there any others you know of. I didn't realize how knowledgeable you were about dorm strategy.

Dahbomb

Wolverine's Berserker Slash is in fact a buff teleport. The only way to really punish it is if it's used naked but no one does that anymore and they either use an assist to cover it or cancel into Berserk Charge to make it safe.

And SUPER MVC3 sounds a bit lame, would've liked Ultimate or even Hyper MVC3 over Super. Eh... still getting it day 1. Haters can suck my big fat cock.

Do you attend any michigan tourneys. I know there is one at u of m. Are there any others you know of. I didn't realize how knowledgeable you were about dorm strategy.
All of the tournaments in Michigan are an hour away from where I live (Lansing). It's actually surprising that there aren't any here, though. I only play Marvel, and all of the ranbats in Michigan are with a variety of games - it's just not worth it for me to drive two hours in a day (I loathe driving) to play one game out of their roster, plus gas and entree fees. Oh, and they all play on the 360, and I don't have a fight stick for the 360. :p

Short answer: nope, I don't. If there were a PS3-based one in the Lansing area, I'd definitely go.

Wolverine's Berserker Slash is in fact a buff teleport. The only way to really punish it is if it's used naked but no one does that anymore and they either use an assist to cover it or cancel into Berserk Charge to make it safe.

And SUPER MVC3 sounds a bit lame, would've liked Ultimate or even Hyper MVC3 over Super. Eh... still getting it day 1.
I'd like to get it, but we'll see where my life is by then, and how the game evolves. Since Dormammu has received nothing but nerfs since he was revealed, I'm a bit nervous...

Sometimes I think Capcom overvalues the gimmicks certain characters have, and instead of toning those gimmicks down, they nerf the overall character in some way that makes them much less viable.

Ok, a much more practical Ammy BnB using the principals from my badass combo and the flowchart combo:

(Thunder Edge)M+A1(Hyper Gravitation)H xx L Power Slash, MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->HHHHS+A2(Hidden Missiles), jMMHHS, (missiles OTG), M Power Slash, S, H Head Charge, S, jHHS, Thunder Dive xx Glaive Chop

This should be something more reliable than the previous versions without losing damage.

Edit: Also, I think that Doom Missiles are the best OTG assist in the game. Just beating out Low Shot.

Mumei said:
God's Beard:

Amaterasu instant air dash mixup

Thought you might find it interesting, and the combo looks like its probably around 650K - 700K after the super is tacked on.

Wait... what the hell? How can he do two ground bounces in a row? He didn't do The glaive chop in between. Also, I keep forgetting about the sword dash. I'll have to do some more testing.

Chavelo said:
How the hell do you make them work? D:

With most characters, just hit S and Assist at the same time, do your air combo, then the missiles OTG for you. Because so many of them hit, you can add a couple hits in between them for free, and you basically don't really need to worry about hitstun, because there are ways to make less missiles hit.

I like it. Very organized and a lot of good information especially for someone who may think about picking him up. Too bad I dropped him a while ago :/
I'll be reorganizing it yet again (5th time?) soon. Diek was kind enough to give me another 6 posts or so of space to use, so I can better organize some of the details and give more fleshed out descriptions of some aspects of his moves.

Edit: Also, I think that Doom Missiles are the best OTG assist in the game. Just beating out Low Shot.
Wat?

Wowzers... Definitely gonna read this over lunch. Fantastic job, sir! :D
Thank you. Contributions and feedback are always welcome.

How the hell do you make them work? D:
It's character dependent, but you generally need to launch your opponent right as you call the missiles. For this reason, it's not really a practical and reliable OTG for most of the cast. Hidden Missiles is amazing for every character anyway just for being Hidden Missiles, though.

Well, I can confirm that the double ground bounce does work. No idea why, though.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be using this as a possible starter now:

(Thunder Edge)MH xx M Power Slash, M+A1(Hyper Gravitation)H xx L Thunder Edge(charged), MH(stance change Solar Flare), MH->H......

I'll have to see where it goes from there.

Karsticles said:
Wat?

It's character dependent, but you generally need to launch your opponent right as you call the missiles. For this reason, it's not really a practical and reliable OTG for most of the cast. Hidden Missiles is amazing for every character anyway just for being Hidden Missiles, though.

I can't think of one character that can't OTG with hidden missiles reliably. On top of that, they hit so many times that you get free hits and a giant hit confirm. Plus, they're the only assist in the game that'll let you OTG off of a lot of throws.

jdub03

Karsticles said:
All of the tournaments in Michigan are an hour away from where I live (Lansing). It's actually surprising that there aren't any here, though. I only play Marvel, and all of the ranbats in Michigan are with a variety of games - it's just not worth it for me to drive two hours in a day (I loathe driving) to play one game out of their roster, plus gas and entree fees. Oh, and they all play on the 360, and I don't have a fight stick for the 360. :p

Short answer: nope, I don't. If there were a PS3-based one in the Lansing area, I'd definitely go.

I'm much closer and have a brother who goes to u of m and still don't attend. I'm too lazy to go, plus the last tourney I went to took all day. The event was very unorganized.

I can't think of one character that can't OTG with hidden missiles reliably. On top of that, they hit so many times that you get free hits and a giant hit confirm. Plus, they're the only assist in the game that'll let you OTG off of a lot of throws.
I think our primary disagreement is regarding how easy and reliable these things are in a real match, outside of training mode.

Well, I can confirm that the double ground bounce does work. No idea why, though.
When reading through the Bradygames guide, I recall reading that one of Amaterasu's attacks resets the ground bounce limit.

I hear Combofiend is done with Marvel. This true?
It might help if you said where you heard it from; not that I have heard.

I'm much closer and have a brother who goes to u of m and still don't attend. I'm too lazy to go, plus the last tourney I went to took all day. The event was very unorganized.
Haha, that's too bad. If you're on PSN, feel free to add me. The less lag, the better!

shaowebb

Translated page link about Super MVC3

Apparently X-factor was invented because he felt 3 on 1 situations could occur and when they would it would be too hard to overcome and most people would quit after losing any key characters. Make's sense. Lvl 3 is still ridiculous with it's duration if that's why it exists though.

Good tool to end rage quit factor in noobs and veterans who lose key team characters, but needs tweaked a bit to feel right IMO.

Karsticles said:
I think our primary disagreement is regarding how easy and reliable these things are in a real match, outside of training mode.
It's not like it's a crazy link or anything, you just hit S and assist at the same time, then do a basic air chain. Clockwork uses Missiles to OTG after Ammy's throws all the time during his matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom