• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The Int3rsect said:
I hear Combofiend is done with Marvel. This true?
Where did he say this? He has been out of the scene for a bit but no where has he mentioned that he is done with Marvel. He played in one of last month's WNF as well.

If this is true it's quite saddening. He is one of the most exciting players to watch in MVC3.

Grecco

The Int3rsect said:
I hear Combofiend is done with Marvel. This true?

What is he gonna play? He didnt even go to MK Nats.

Also WNF from last week is back up... Im wondering if they edited out the Creeper cam!

It's not like it's a crazy link or anything, you just hit S and assist at the same time, then do a basic air chain. Clockwork uses Missiles to OTG after Ammy's throws all the time during his matches.
In practice, you're using Hidden Missiles every time the cooldown is up, because it's just that good. When Clockwork connects the missiles after Amaterasu's throw, it's just a coincidence; he spams the missiles constantly, it's bound to hit eventually afterward. That doesn't make it the best OTG in the game; it's just a move that sometimes comes in handy by having OTG properties.

Karsticles said:
In practice, you're using Hidden Missiles every time the cooldown is up, because it's just that good. When Clockwork connects the missiles after Amaterasu's throw, it's just a coincidence; he spams the missiles constantly, it's bound to hit eventually afterward. That doesn't make it the best OTG in the game; it's just a move that sometimes comes in handy by having OTG properties.

Sure, but it having other utility that you want to use doesn't make it any worse of an OTG. If you use Low Shot as an unblockable setup, you'll never get to OTG with it either.

Dahbomb

Hidden Missiles great for Spidey too and Web Toss. It's just a great overall assist on a character that already has other good assists and very solid on point game.

this, maybe???

- Do you plan to deliver added What's the character?

Bride: I have many problems, and has changed from the original plan. My topic is the situation that people adjust their house. For details, but I say, the situation inside Capcom had received disaster, and there is talk about what happens in the production schedule has changed. "Please look out!" I just want to comment, and conditions change, so that for a while, please wait for a corresponding announcement.

Dahbomb

Man they have been saying "just wait, more stuff is coming" for quite a long time now. I guess E3 but after Captivate I just don't know. I am thinking TGS is the latest they want to wait for SMVC3 announcement.

He said it was "about Super MvC3"; a little note saying "announcements soon, be patient" is misleading on par with Niitsuma saying this game has speed of light netcode.

Karsticles said:
He said it was "about Super MvC3"; a little note saying "announcements soon, be patient" is misleading on par with Niitsuma saying this game has speed of light netcode.

But it does! The game sends information to the server, checks in for the opponent's position, brings back information to update the image on the screen, and then the image goes from the screen to your eyes at light speed!

Amazing!

But it does! The game sends information to the server, checks in for the opponent's position, brings back information to update the image on the screen, and then the image goes from the screen to your eyes at light speed!

Amazing!
Haha, I'd like to see Niitsuma say this, word for word, in defense of himself.

Ugh. Does anyone have tips for Felicia's seventh mission? I swear this air S won't come out after the whole Toy Touch -> Air M -> Air H thing...

AnkiRendan said:
Ugh. Does anyone have tips for Felicia's seventh mission? I swear this air S won't come out after the whole Toy Touch -> Air M -> Air H thing...
This took me a while to get and basically all I had to do was press S sooner than I thought I needed to. The hitstun decay is causing the dummy to flip out before it hits, right?

Just went back to Magneto after not using him the last few days and did the Alioune combo first try! ^(^o^)^

Also, I can do the Marlinpie thing with raw tag combos, but I'm having a hard time finding a reason to practice it. It doesn't reset scaling or anything, right? I guess it's cool if you really want to swap characters without using meter, but the only reason to do that is if I'm gonna kill them off anyway, and by that point I could swap characters whenever I want.

I guess one use would be if I caught somebody in the air and didn't want to go into the hyper grav loop. I guess that would be useful because I'm so ass at that loop. At the same time, I can't DHC glitch back to Magneto so I'd have to finish with Ammy's lvl 3.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Man they have been saying "just wait, more stuff is coming" for quite a long time now. I guess E3 but after Captivate I just don't know. I am thinking TGS is the latest they want to wait for SMVC3 announcement.

Comic Con could make a lot of sense too since the Marvel brand is strongest in the US.

Quick assist question. When I rock Trish / Task / Dead should I go with Deadpool's Quickwork to give Task a potential unblockable with Spider Swing or Katanarama to give Trish an OTG?

How much does it gimp Wolverine if you don't pair him with Akuma?

Also, it turns out turning a Zero air buster hit into a combo is super easy. I usually do Shippuga in between the Raikousen and launcher. Free, easy hits.

Grifter

tatsu assist makes it extra easy to otg with the slide, or combo off of mashed c.l, or combo off berserker slash, or in instant overhead mixups, etc.; but there are plenty of assists that can apply for those purposes. i've been using dorm's dark hole and spencer's armor piercer in those situations.

the zero players i know like to use the air buster into the diagonal electric slide, s, long ass annoying combo.

How much does it gimp Wolverine if you don't pair him with Akuma?
He doesn't need Akuma, he just needs an assist that makes his Berserker Slash safe, and if the slash is successful, allows him to combo without needing to cancel into Berserker Charge. You can use Ryu's Tatsu for this, or Sentinel's Drones. I want to find more, but haven't had time, because I don't want to give in to the generic Akuma setup, the Ryu setup isn't good with Dormammu as my third, and I already use Sentinel on another team.

Grifter

jdub03 said:
I'm much closer and have a brother who goes to u of m and still don't attend. I'm too lazy to go, plus the last tourney I went to took all day. The event was very unorganized.
i'm in the area a few times a year due to family and was wondering how well these meets went. last time i played fighters in mi was cvs2 at pete's at that ghetto place in warren.

Neki

Why don't people do another f.HHHHH series before relaunching when they do that? f.H causes no hitstun decay.
It gets pretty wiley due to hitboxes, sometime they drop out, I really don't like using f.HHHHH when they're off the ground. I'll try it though later.

When reading through the Bradygames guide, I recall reading that one of Amaterasu's attacks resets the ground bounce limit.

I think fully charged j.H with Ammy in sword mode resets it, not sure though. Also, that instant air mix up is sexy, might need to learn that. Too bad I don't use that Spencer assist. >_>

paul187

So did FrameAdvantage release a Marvelous Mondays set today? Or are they done with them for now? I was disappointed when I came home today and didn't have that to watch.

paul187 said:
So did FrameAdvantage release a Marvelous Mondays set today? Or are they done with them for now? I was disappointed when I came home today and didn't have that to watch.

Seems like there will be no more because seb is moving out of new york and he also said empire arcadia is annoying to work with because they always cancel last minute or dont show up. All this info and more is in the latest sunday with seb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Anpy1-B6o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Karsticles said:
He doesn't need Akuma, he just needs an assist that makes his Berserker Slash safe, and if the slash is successful, allows him to combo without needing to cancel into Berserker Charge. You can use Ryu's Tatsu for this, or Sentinel's Drones. I want to find more, but haven't had time, because I don't want to give in to the generic Akuma setup, the Ryu setup isn't good with Dormammu as my third, and I already use Sentinel on another team.
Good to know. I'm messing around with Wolverine a bit because he seems pretty easy to play, but my point Akuma is crappy. I already know Sent so I could try a Wolverine/Zero/Sent team. Who needs hit points!

Grecco

Parallax Scroll said:
Good to know. I'm messing around with Wolverine a bit because he seems pretty easy to play, but my point Akuma is crappy. I already know Sent so I could try a Wolverine/Zero/Sent team. Who needs hit points!

Im running Wolverine/Zero/Akuma right now and plan on using that team for a local tourney in 2 weeks. Basically the same thing. Only reason i dont use Sent is cause i hate Sent

Grecco said:
Im running Wolverine/Zero/Akuma right now and plan on using that team for a local tourney in 2 weeks. Basically the same thing. Only reason i dont use Sent is cause i hate Sent
I tried out both assists and the Berserker Slash seems a lot easier to set up using Akuma instead of Sent. Gonna give this team a whirl.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh 4th lord matchmaking is annoying. gotta wait so damn long to get anybody.

edit: lol i swear i'm at my best when fighting people with nice win streaks. just ended a 2nd lords 7 game win streak pretty easily.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Odd, it had no problem pairing my (former) 9th ranger ass with a master lord.
yeah matchmaking sucks. i sometimes get paired with people with beginner status. i feel bad taking the easy win.

Kimosabae

Banned
Surprised people haven't been messing around with Dante's jump cancel Volcano more. You can treat it just like Viper's SJC Seismos, except it's not as good, since you can only jump cancel it on block and it's close range.

I can think of some things though .

*edit*

Heh, heh, this is cool.

smurfx

get some go again
alright i added 10 wins to my 4th lord bar. almost got to 200 wins over .500 again but one mess up with sentinel and it was all over. ;_; hopefully i can keep this pace up and be at 3rd lord by next month. i'm definitely improving my anti magneto strategy as well. although i was having some problems with dormammu today.

Dartastic

The more I play this game, the more I hate certain characters w/level 3 x-factor, and just x-factor in general. I just got my entire team decimated by an Akuma chipping two of my characters to death with his super, and the third got hit by a random super. Fuck X-Factor.

smurfx

get some go again
Dartastic said:
The more I play this game, the more I hate certain characters w/level 3 x-factor, and just x-factor in general. I just got my entire team decimated by an Akuma chipping two of my characters to death with his super, and the third got hit by a random super. Fuck X-Factor.
my final loss was against akuma. played some good keep away for 3 of his specials and was trying to hunt him down and then i got caught with a random air fireball. ;_; i probably would of won if not for freaking sentinel catching two of my players.

Wallach

Dartastic said:

X-Factor is pretty lame, I agree. Wish it didn't go beyond level 1 X-Factor, or better yet wasn't even in the game.

smurfx

get some go again
Wallach said:
X-Factor is pretty lame, I agree. Wish it didn't go beyond level 1 X-Factor, or better yet wasn't even in the game.
my win loss ratio would probably be way better if not for x factor. got so many losses early on thanks to stupid sentinel x factor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Come to think of it, Ryu should get the larger X-Factor boost vs. Akuma considering how many options Akuma has vs. Ryu. Oh and he should be able to combo out of overhead = balanced character.

X-Factor is great, it just needs to tone down damage boost for Dark Phoenix, and perhaps slightly for Sentinel, but really Sentinel isn't top of the pack, a lot more Sentinels are playing cautious, in streams and in games I've played myself. The nerf has been pretty effective in making every character look less free vs. Sent.

Nerf Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom