• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
fuck masta fucking cj choked under the pressure. you know another character from resident evil i would like to see in smvc 3 would be nemesis. we already have to many human characters from resident evil in the game. we need nemesis!

smurfx said:
fuck masta fucking cj choked under the pressure. you know another character from resident evil i would like to see in smvc 3 would be nemesis. we already have to many human characters from resident evil in the game. we need nemesis!
Nemesis would definitely be my first pick if they were gonna use another RE character. He's got guns, charging attacks, creepy tentacle stuff, and a catchphrase!

Oh, and grapples too.

Doctor Doom is the best character in the game because he can launcher cancel his launcher.

Seriously though, is he the only character that can cancel out of his launcher on block? Between dash cancels, a great flight mode, solid crossup, two dive kicks and the best air dashes in the game, Doom's anti-pushblock game is pretty intense. Constant low/crossup guesses while staying safe.

USD

The Dark Phoenix mirror is the most ridiculous thing in fighting games. You literally cannot tell what's happening.

N4Us

Triple Bionic Arm was the greatest thing I've seen in this game yet.

Seeing Haggar knocked around like a beanbag cracked me up.

Solune

The best part of the Phoenix mirror matches was when Ultra David was yelling hit her. He didn't know what was going on he just yelled hit her. Quite hilarious

Dahbomb

I just came back from college.

What did I miss and what is still going on?

Been saying this day 1 but Phoenix needs to have alt colors on her when going Dark (sort of like Dormammu has a blue flame version). You really can't tell what's going on.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
I just came back from college.

What did I miss and what is still going on?

Been saying this day 1 but Phoenix needs to have alt colors on her when going Dark (sort of like Dormammu has a blue flame version). You really can't tell what's going on.

You missed Guard Crush with salty runback between Noel Brown and Smooth Viper, and you missed WNF with Combofiend dominating both brackets, and having an epic triple Bionic arm almost comeback.

Dahbomb

DAIGO "THE BEAST" UMEHARA confirmed for attending Revelations... where hardly any MVC3 veterans will be in attendance aside from Combofiend.

Also MastaCJ is EMP now? Is this new?

Shouts out to Chun Li for being a 9-1 match up against Wolverine. Amirite or am I right?

Toski

Dahbomb said:
DAIGO "THE BEAST" UMEHARA confirmed for attending Revelations... where hardly any MVC3 veterans will be in attendance aside from Combofiend.

Shouts out to Chun Li for being a 9-1 match up against Wolverine. Amirite or am I right?
If Daigo is going to ReveLAtions, then who is Mad Catz presenting at CEO? I'm guessing it might be Kayane which would explain the wings...

Why do you guys all think that they're going to announce Super MvC3 at E3?
Why not? I'm not exactly set on it, but Super MvC3 is coming at some point. I won't be disappointed if there's no E3 announcement.

notworksafe
Thanks!

if there is a smvc3 then i really hope it has ryu from breath of fire. i prefer the bof 3 version.
You're missing the best character option, and it's right next to him!

i want these characters from capcom

ryu from bof 3
megaman
strider
captain commando
ken
bison
Even with Ken, I would take this. Instead we're going to get lameness like Frank West and Phoenix Wright.

If they're gonna put a BoF character in I'd definitely prefer Nina. The game has enough dudes with swords already. Needs more wings & tits.
This guy knows what's up. Plus, Ryu has a name conflict, and Nina would definitely have a unique playstyle that this game is lacking.

This game needs more goddamn magic!

How does Viscant get off dismissing Iron Man when he's so clearly trash with the character on point? Seriously.

Same with Chen.
Indeed, Marvel 3 play seems so lazy compared to Marvel 2.

Doctor Doom is the best character in the game because he can launcher cancel his launcher.

Seriously though, is he the only character that can cancel out of his launcher on block? Between dash cancels, a great flight mode, solid crossup, two dive kicks and the best air dashes in the game, Doom's anti-pushblock game is pretty intense. Constant low/crossup guesses while staying safe.
Do you just mean launch -> dash -> launch?

Also, Doom's s.S is safe on block!

Dahbomb

How does Viscant get off dismissing Iron Man when he's so clearly trash with the character on point? Seriously.

Same with Chen.
Well at least he admits that he is bad with Iron Man.

Iron Man with a lock down assist (like Akuma/Sentinel) is harder to block than Magneto because of his much faster flight cancel and double jump overheads. He can triple overhead you so quick you wouldn't know what happened.

I wouldn't really say MVC3 has been lazy compared to MVC2, it took a while to get stuff figured out in that game too. We haven't even hit the half year mark with MVC3.

Doom's ability to bypass Advancing Guard has been known for quite some time now. He is a potential top tier character in the making although some of the current top tiers give him a bit trouble. But again... lazyness.

Was really shocked to see Combofiend list Spencer as top 10 in this game. Well at least he is backing his claims up and bodying people with him.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:

Isnt that better? Guys like Viscant and Combofiend will still be there, but he gets to test against an easier field before Evo.

jdub03

Dahbomb said:
Well at least he admits that he is bad with Iron Man.

Iron Man with a lock down assist (like Akuma/Sentinel) is harder to block than Magneto because of his much faster flight cancel and double jump overheads. He can triple overhead you so quick you wouldn't know what happened.

This is what I've been doing with magneto. I tried it when I first got the game because of the way it worked in SSFIV when linking cr. lp > cr. mp. My fingers were too slow to do quick air dashes into attacks Good stuff. I might pick up iron man. Magneto is so fun to use. It looks like once you learn all of iron mans tricks he'll be even funner to use.

Dahbomb

Hori Tatsu and Andy OCR will be there too. It's not going to be super free for Daigo, we will see some good Marvel play there.

Also lol @ going from Magneto to Iron Man.

Magneto/Iron Man is like Wolverine/X-23. You have to put in twice the effort to get the same results.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't care what anyone says: IM's tri-jump is better than Magnus'. Mag's might be faster, but IM's is way more versatile and is still plenty fast - especially if you Super Jump.

Dahbomb

Iron Man's tri-jump covers more distance and the increased float times makes hitting from overhead easier. You really need a lock down assist because outside of air throws you can't do much with Iron Man when the opponent is constantly jumping around.

Also LOL @ Viscant missing Iron Avenger after Smart Bombs.

This WNF was crazy. There was only 1 Wolverine player in the entire tournament (P Gorath). Combofiend's new technology with the Spencer Up Wire Shot assist was pretty godlike.

jdub03

I'm not switching out mags for iron man. I'm just going to learn how to play him. He seems fun. Plus I have a complex where I have to get at least half way decent with difficult to use characters. I dropped the ball on viper. I might get back to her in the future. M.O.D.O.K. is my next project.

Dahbomb

Just after E3. UFGT is this weekend.

Also CEO and Revelations will be SAME DAY both with a stacked roster (CEO more than Revelations).

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:

Also CEO and Revelations will be SAME DAY both with a stacked roster (CEO more than Revelations).

Oh god... THE HORROR. D:

/prays to the Stream Monster Gods

Karsticles said:
Indeed, Marvel 3 play seems so lazy compared to Marvel 2.

I don't believe this really. Game is only 3 months old? It took a while before all the MVC2 tricks got discovered.

And I think Viscant is the last person to call lazy. He has contributed a lot to the community over the many years.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:

Hate the fact that theres 2 major tournaments the same weekend. Its bad enough when theres something like Guard Crush and WNF the same day.

Grecco said:
Hate the fact that theres 2 major tournaments the same weekend. Its bad enough when theres something like Guard Crush and WNF the same day.
I think it's a running joke at this point. Wasn't CEO and ReveLAtions on the same weekend last year too?

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:

Also CEO and Revelations will be SAME DAY both with a stacked roster (CEO more than Revelations)

oh god. Not sure what I want to see more, CEO with it's super stacked roster, or Revelations with it's stacked roster... and the debut of Daigo in MVC3.

Anth0ny said:
oh god. Not sure what I want to see more, CEO with it's super stacked roster, or Revelations with it's stacked roster... and the debut of Daigo in MVC3.
There's a 3 hour time difference, so stream monstering both won't be too hard (assuming you have a lot of free time)

Yeah it's mostly due to a mistake on Revelations' TO part. The staff caught a lot of shit for it too at first since CEO had it's date in place months before. If it was a normal major and not a major with one of the biggest prize pots in history, then top players would have no problem going to an Evo seed tourney like CEO instead.

Thankfully, the community is being a lot more civil and rational about this now. This should never ever happen again though....

Dahbomb said:

FUCK MY LIFE. I want to go to Revelations, but my 360 stick is broken. Even if I fix it, it's a completely different configuration than my PS3 stick that I play marvel on(ls-32 + seimitsu buttons vs ls-56 with sanwa buttons).

Karsticles said:
Do you just mean launch -> dash -> launch?

Also, Doom's s.S is safe on block!

No, Doom has two launchers, S and 6H. 6H can be dash canceled on block, which is insane, or canceled into S, which is useless. Basically it means you can just 2LH6H upward dash, Photon array, dive kick, dash cancel foward/down, 2LH6H upward dash, dash foward/down, flight mode, dive kick, whatever.

sonicspear64 said:
Yeah it's mostly due to a mistake on Revelations' TO part. The staff caught a lot of shit for it too at first since CEO had it's date in place months before. If it was a normal major and not a major with one of the biggest prize pots in history, then top players would have no problem going to an Evo seed tourney like CEO instead.

Thankfully, the community is being a lot more civil and rational about this now. This should never ever happen again though....
I figured Revelations wanted to draw in the E3 crowd, which is why it was scheduled for the days it was.

I don't believe this really. Game is only 3 months old? It took a while before all the MVC2 tricks got discovered.

And I think Viscant is the last person to call lazy. He has contributed a lot to the community over the many years.
All I mean is that in Marvel 2, people might take the easy way out, but it was because they hadn't learned more advanced stuff. In Marvel 3, we have advanced stuff, and I keep hearing "Why bother?" from competitive players. Everyone is gravitating toward Wolverine, who is basically the definition of lazy rushdown.

That's all I mean about Viscant, he has that "Why bother?" attitude; I'm not criticizing him as a person, but rather his attitude on this specific issue.

No, Doom has two launchers, S and 6H. 6H can be dash canceled on block, which is insane, or canceled into S, which is useless. Basically it means you can just 2LH6H upward dash, Photon array, dive kick, dash cancel foward/down, 2LH6H upward dash, dash foward/down, flight mode, dive kick, whatever.
I dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom