• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarPowered said:
Tron assist is the great equalizer in this game.
Tron is one of those characters I don't know if I'll ever bother learning. The only effective point strategy is to hitconfirm into giant-ass combos that take forever. Meh.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SolarPowered said:
Tron assist is the great equalizer in this game.
bears and salmons have a tumultuous relationship.

edit:
i strongly believe Tron only made it to this roster because someone very important at Capcom likes her and made it a precondition for making an MvC3, to have her in.

there's is no way she, out of all the Capcom MvC2 cast, deserved to be in 3.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
Tron is one of those characters I don't know if I'll ever bother learning. The only effective point strategy is to hitconfirm into giant-ass combos that take forever. Meh.
meh, they only kill every character in the cast by building two meters and letting you dhc glitch, meh. tron is bad, no one use her. :O tron's long ass combo is actually very easy, I can auto-pilot most of the time from anywhere on the screen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
~Devil Trigger~ said:
bears and salmons have a tumultuous relationship.

edit:
i strongly believe Tron only made it to this roster because someone very important at Capcom likes her and made it a precondition for making an MvC3, to have her in.

there's is no way she, out of all the Capcom MvC2 cast, deserved to be in 3.
Tron deserved to be in over the majority of the MvC2 cast. You are mistaken good sir. People who didn't deserve to make it in, who got gutted for justice:
Ice Man
Marrow
Wolverine alt
Rogue (not in current form)
Sabretooth (not in current form)
Silver Samurai (not in current form)
Spiral
War Machine
Cammie
Charlie
Dan
Dhalsim
Guile
Roll (sorry TvC fans)
Sakura
SonSon

People who deserved to get in, but stupidity like Sentinel was put in instead for fanservice and sales:
Cyclops
Juggernaut
Omega Red
Psylocke
Anakaris
Captain Commando
Ruby Heart
Strider
Venom
M. Bison

Tron's playstyle is about infinity times more interesting than anyone I listed in the doesn't deserve to be in there list anyways. Love it or hate it, but Capcom played it safe. A lot of the choices made for MvC3 character wise were good, from a playstyle perspective. Cue argument over returning characters... now.

Neki

Ice Man's only problem was that he only had one hyper, and he didn't take beam projectile chip damage. Fix that and he could be pretty cool. Give him a cool Iceberg Hyper where he spontaneously spawns it out of the ground to impale the opponent as an OTG finisher, and some cool Level 3 where he's sliding around on ice blasting you with ice and then shattering you and I think he'd be awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Ice Man's only problem was that he only had one hyper, and he didn't take beam projectile chip damage. Fix that and he could be pretty cool. Give him a cool Iceberg Hyper where he spontaneously spawns it out of the ground to impale the opponent as an OTG finisher, and some cool Level 3 where he's sliding around on ice blasting you with ice and then shattering you and I think he'd be awesome.
Ice Man could do a lot in MvC3's system, which is heavily focused on OTGs and whatnot, but he would need to be COMPLETELY reworked, so I guess not in current form. Everything could revolve around freezing people. But alas, he did not deserve to be in MvC3. Would be cool if he was just weak, and could freeze assists in place, upping the ante. And say the assists only broke through if the player who called them out did enough damage to the ice. Lots of potential, but then again there is a lot for so many other characters.

Grecco said:
Theres no 8Bit today right? Just WNF?
I think MastaCJ said he'd be going to 8bit on Thursday. Not sure if streamed.

I liked Iceman, but he was pretty damn boring to use and play against.

Guile, on the other hand, was a character i loved, so I'm gonna have to disagree with that list. :mad:

Neki

Professor Beef said:
I liked Iceman, but he was pretty damn boring to use and play against.

Guile, on the other hand, was a character i loved, so I'm gonna have to disagree with that list. :mad:

was he a charge character in MvC2? If so, do not want.

~Devil Trigger~

enzo_gt said:
Tron deserved to be in over the majority of the MvC2 cast. You are mistaken good sir. People who didn't deserve to make it in, who got gutted for justice:
Ice Man
Marrow
Wolverine alt
Rogue (not in current form)
Sabretooth (not in current form)
Silver Samurai (not in current form)
Spiral
War Machine
Cammie
Charlie
Dan
Dhalsim
Guile
Roll (sorry TvC fans)
Sakura
SonSon

People who deserved to get in, but stupidity like Sentinel was put in instead for fanservice and sales:
Cyclops
Juggernaut
Omega Red
Psylocke
Anakaris
Captain Commando
Ruby Heart
Strider
Venom
M. Bison

Tron's playstyle is about infinity times more interesting than anyone I listed in the doesn't deserve to be in there list anyways. Love it or hate it, but Capcom played it safe. A lot of the choices made for MvC3 character wise were good, from a playstyle perspective. Cue argument over returning characters... now.

Capcom characters in MvC2 that deserved it more than Tron:

Jin
Stryder
Bulleta
Cap....Com
Bison

if i added Marvel characters, it'd be to long of a list. You cant tell Tron's playstyle is soooo much interesting than these, she does'nt have much to do...

Ferrio

Banned
Pfft, Only person I would of given Tron up for was Ruby Heart. I have a soft spot for characters that have only been in one game.

Neki

Bison? over Tron? you must be on drugs man. I already see enough scissor kick spam in SSF4, I don't need to see any more of it in my MARVEL. How is Bison a more interesting character than Tron? LOL.

Has guile ever not been a charge character?
lol well I've never played a charge character ever, so I wouldn't know.

Ultimoo said:
Bison? over Tron? you must be on drugs man. I already see enough scissor kick spam in SSF4, I don't need to see any more of it in my MARVEL. How is Bison a more interesting character than Tron? LOL.

lol well I've never played a charge character ever, so I wouldn't know.
The only move you had to charge for was Sonic Boom, and that was only for one second instead of two. His air Flash Kick was a simple down, up motion. I think his ground flash kick was too, but I have to double check.

Bison was the same way, but i think his scissor kicks still needed a one second charge instead of just left, right kick.

~Devil Trigger~

Ultimoo said:
yea you right

Tron is one of those characters where you CANT spam one move at all, plus she has that AMAZING move where servbot hits you and stuff. So much layers to her, so interesting.

Who needs one of the most iconic videogame bosses ever, that can fly step on your head, fake it n finger purp your in the face, with 10 ways to put metal boots to your face, can disappear, reappear and float, with a LAAAAME move called Psycho Crusher...

yea

kirblar

DryEyeRelief said:
Expect Super
Yup. It's more than likely the reason we're not hearing anything re: patches, balancing, DHC Glitch fixing, etc. - why balance a game that's gonna get a massive update later on?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Capcom characters in MvC2 that deserved it more than Tron:

Jin
Stryder
Bulleta
Cap....Com
Bison

if i added Marvel characters, it'd be to long of a list. You cant tell Tron's playstyle is soooo much interesting than these, she does'nt have much to do...
Aside from Buletta, I agree, and would even add more to that list, but that still make's Tron's unique playstyle much more interesting than over half the rest of the MvC2 cast. I would not put her in the weaker half of the cast at all.

And I'm still amazed you guys are expecting Super at E3, I mean anything can happen, but really, where would they announce it? And why? To cannibalize MvC3 sales less than half a year into it's release? And get it's announcement cannibalized itself from all the louder noise at E3? There is no logic to announcing Super at E3, think TGS earliest.

Neki

I'd rather they not pick Ryu/Akuma/Morrigan as a character than not include Tron, whose playstyle is infinitely more interesting than those three. We don't need more Shotos. :O I hope Marvel releases Ken as DLC just to troll though.

Alucrid

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I'd rather they not pick Ryu/Akuma/Morrigan as a character than not include Tron, whose playstyle is infinitely more interesting than those three. We don't need more Shotos. :O I hope Marvel releases Ken as DLC just to troll though.

Jump C?

~Devil Trigger~

Ultimoo said:

Neki

Alucrid said:
it's the stuff that comes afterwards, god. also, you can combo from throws and drills too, jump C is just the most effective opener because of the hitbox and cross-up ability.

enzo_gt said:
And I'm still amazed you guys are expecting Super at E3, I mean anything can happen, but really, where would they announce it? And why? To cannibalize MvC3 sales less than half a year into it's release? And get it's announcement cannibalized itself from all the louder noise at E3? There is no logic to announcing Super at E3, think TGS earliest.

That's true. It just seems obvious that we're waiting for that as the next big thing.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Now that a friend has picked up the game, I'm experimenting with a new team. Trish/X-23/Dormammu. DHC wise I love the synergy. Any character can DHC into the other and X-23 and Dormammu can both go into Trish's level 3. I see some obvious weaknesses though. Not sure about using Trish on point, but more importantly X-23's ass isn't that covered assist wise. Not sure about what assist to pick for Trish either. The air trap seems like it could be a good pairing with Dormammu's flame carpets, but again it doesn't do much for X-23's mirage feint shenanigans.

Slowly getting used to playing on stick but quick aerial shoryuken movements such as Trish's low voltage into hyper currently fail a lot, especially on the P2 side for some reason. On pad I had no issues with sides. Other than that moving my hand to the two assist buttons on the bottom row still feels like a completely alien movement.

Lastly, speaking of synergy that mix is amazing.

Fake edit: Lastly lastly, I'm not expecting Super Marvel at E3, if I were to bet I'd say Comic Con.

Neki

Trish's air trap assist is a defense option mostly, or to set up mix-ups on hard knockdown opportunities. Andre does this with Wesker. You could use her projectile assist for cross-ups, but I'm not sure you can hit-confirm off of it.

kirblar

Nils said:
Now that a friend has picked up the game, I'm experimenting with a new team. Trish/X-23/Dormammu. DHC wise I love the synergy. Any character can DHC into the other and X-23 and Dormammu can both go into Trish's level 3. I see some obvious weaknesses though. Not sure about using Trish on point, but more importantly X-23's ass isn't that covered assist wise. Not sure about what assist to pick for Trish either. The air trap seems like it could be a good pairing with Dormammu's flame carpets, but again it doesn't do much for X-23's mirage feint shenanigans.

Slowly getting used to playing on stick but quick aerial shoryuken movements such as Trish's low voltage into hyper currently fail a lot, especially on the P2 side for some reason. On pad I had no issues with sides. Other than that moving my hand to the two assist buttons on the bottom row still feels like a completely alien movement.

Lastly, speaking of synergy that mix is amazing.

Fake edit: Lastly lastly, I'm not expecting Super Marvel at E3, if I were to bet I'd say Comic Con.
Dorm's assist is pretty good at covering you on the way in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
There is no salvation for you Ken fans.

Also, no more Darkstalkers please. We have 3 already, that's enough. Just make VS/DS4. Akuma should have been Bison, a real SF boss. Ultra 2 for level 3. Completely safe. Unblockable Grab. 1 frame startup.

DryEyeRelief said:
That's true. It just seems obvious that we're waiting for that as the next big thing.
Capcom isn't even sure if they're bringing DmC to E3. They have SFxT, RE 3DS games and *maybe* RE6 and *maybe* ML3. Oh and maybe Dragons Dogma and that stuff to put on showcase, much of it being the first blowout of information for those titles. Rest assured UMvC3 (lets just call it that to make it happen) is coming. They missed the DLC opportunity. It's too late, they put out 1 costume pack and bailed out. There is a clear change in release strategy now. UMvC3 is coming, its pretty hard to deny at this point really. As for the next best thing, that's SFxT in Capcom's eyes at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken, but it seems a lot of people are hyped for SFxT, so I also expect staggered releases of the two, at least 3 months apart.

Alucrid

Banned
Ultimoo said:
it's the stuff that comes afterwards, god. also, you can combo from throws and drills too, jump C is just the most effective opener because of the hitbox and cross-up ability.

Still, Akuma and Ryu are pretty clone like but I would hardly put Morrigan in the generic shoto category.

enzo_gt said:
There is no salvation for you Ken fans.

Also, no more Darkstalkers please. We have 3 already, that's enough. Just make VS/DS4. Akuma should have been Bison, a real SF boss. Ultra 2 for level 3. Completely safe. Unblockable Grab. 1 frame startup.

Capcom isn't even sure if they're bringing DmC to E3. They have SFxT, RE 3DS games and *maybe* RE6 and *maybe* ML3. Oh and maybe Dragons Dogma and that stuff to put on showcase, much of it being the first blowout of information for those titles. Rest assured UMvC3 (lets just call it that to make it happen) is coming. They missed the DLC opportunity. It's too late, they put out 1 costume pack and bailed out. There is a clear change in release strategy now. UMvC3 is coming, its pretty hard to deny at this point really. As for the next best thing, that's SFxT in Capcom's eyes at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken, but it seems a lot of people are hyped for SFxT, so I also expect staggered releases of the two, at least 3 months apart.

But they're not even the best ones. Give me Jedah.

Chavelo said:
Question: For those that don't like Jaha commentating, what do you think of Yipes phrases and his commentating?

Surely you must hate the "pringles" and "curley moustaches"...
Wait, do you know what "swag, woop, wonton soup, based god, etc." actually refers to? It's Lil B, a shitty rapper who has fans because he's ridiculously terrible. Has absolutely nothing to do with any fighting games whatsoever and is quite frankly one of the shittiest memes to ever infect the world.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FromTheFuture said:
Wait, do you know what "swag, woop, wonton soup, based god, etc." actually refers to? It's Lil B, a shitty rapper who has fans because he's ridiculously terrible. Has absolutely nothing to do with any fighting games whatsoever and is quite frankly one of the shittiest memes to ever infect the world.
Actually, Lil B plays a pretty gdlk Bison. That teleport rushdown technology is something Lil B pioneered infact. Oh and he's not a shitty rapper or just a meme, your just not in tune with the based way of life. Mothafuckin Waterfront bruh, you feel me?

Oh and he also did a song called Sonic Boom. Do your research next time please and thank you.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
it wouldn't be cannibalizing anything if they release it as dlc and you need mvc 3 to get it. they could then release super mvc 3 as a disk release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom