• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

FrenchMovieTheme said:
speaking of xfactor, it would be nice for capcom to give us the option to turn it off in player matches.

infact, give us all the options we want in player matches:

* damage scaling
* choosing time limits
* choosing xf on or off
* spectator mode
* round robin mode in the player lobby (i.e. if you have 8 people in your lobby, you can challenge anyone who isn't already playing)
These would all be pretty nice. As mentioned before, lack of infinite time was extremely puzzling to me, especially considering that option was available in MvC2.

The core fighting game in MvC3 is amazing, but everything else in it is a steaming pile of doodoo. I am really hoping that Capcom builds upon the amazing foundation they have and introduce more options and a better online experience, whether that be with patches, SMvC3, or MvC4.

TP

So has no spectator mode been confirmed or are you guys just assuming?

nevermind, I see the link

=(

My matches are already full of lag Niitsuma.

LOL, I've gotten better hatemail from this game than any other. And its always from dropping on someone with horrible lag at the start of a match. Need moaaaaaar

Ryota: "We threw in all the elements including ranking match, free match, rankings and the lobby, but we couldn't add in a spectator mode.

4Gamer: "Was it because of technical issues?"

Ryota: "That's correct. This title is a 3-on-3 and the game speed is very fast, so the volume of communication data is larger than in SSF4. Even if we added in all those kinds of systems, they'd be no good if the matches were full of lags.
...what the fuck?

In early February, before the game's release, they implied it would be added post-release, now they're talking like it's impossible after the bulk of the game's sales are done.

That's just...sleazy.

Ferrio

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
That's just...sleazy.

capcom.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No Replays is a bigger issue than Spectator mode for me, though really, same universal Capcom excuse applies across the board.

We helped y'all reach your Q4 earnings, now give something back to the fans goddammit, like a complete featureset for one.

nilbog21

Banned
I understand why X-factor is in the game, but can't they just tone down the damage like 10-20%? What is the harm -.-

btw no spectator mode is a scam from capcom. im sure the 40$ mvc3 expansion will have spectator mode -_-

LordK

enzo_gt said:
No Replays is a bigger issue than Spectator mode for me, though really, same universal Capcom excuse applies across the board.

We helped y'all reach your Q4 earnings, now give something back to the fans goddammit, like a complete featureset for one.

You know Capcom can't possibly fund the development of replays since Capcom needs people to buy DLC in order to fund more stuff that fans have to provide funding for too. I can't believe you'd demand something so ridiculous.

Let's not forget, Capcom cares about you, the fan so much that they released MVC2 on XBL/PSN in 2009. They gave you the opportunity to vote with your wallet by telling you that buying MVC2 would be a way to help get Capcom to make MVC3! Forget that the MVC3 project started 5 years ago!

nilbog21 said:
btw no spectator mode is a scam from capcom. im sure the 40$ mvc3 expansion will have spectator mode -_-

Didn't the same thing happen with SF4 lobbies? It was so technically difficult that they couldn't put them in vanilla. Then here comes SSF4 for another 40 bucks and oh look they solved the difficult lobby problem.

Ferrio

Banned
enzo_gt said:

I'm sure they will, after the next 60 dollars you have to shell out for the new iteration.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LordK or Ferrio, don't let me see either of you bring any of that truthful shit back up in this thread ever again, your ruining my Capgod and MvC3 fantasies goddamnit.

Fuck teleport mix-ups online, at least I hope my getting hit by them are due to onlineness. I just lost around 20-4 ro Smexy Mills and Dante/Sentinel or Phoenix solo mix-ups. Though admittedly Phoenix is a total twat, especially when dark and at level 3 x-factor where her homing fireballs into teleport will give a 50/50 with instant death if you guess wrong due to her front and back teleports being indistinguishable.

Luckily Haggar's pipe is amazing against Sentinel assists, and if anybody attempts to port behind you during it you'll be able to hit both the assistant and point character due to it's hitbox striking behind you.

Though coming from Street Fighter I think I really need to get used to using assists in order to get in on opponents rather than just as combo extensions.

hitsugi

Ferrio said:
I'm sure they will, after the next 60 dollars you have to shell out for the new iteration.
Exactly. This whole thing reminds me of squares "hd towns" bullshit and it's really getting tiresome.

Ferrio said:

Yep.

• 60 characters
  • real lobbies with spec mode
  • replay zone
  • giants(motherfucking rathalos up in this b)
  • more missions
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 -April 2012 - $40

Riposte

Actual giants would be crazy weird. 2v3 matches? I think Rath can get in if they resize him(or her for Rathian?) like Sentinel.

Day one on a legit MvC3 sequel.

EDIT: I think everyone is under the impression that MvC3 is content patch-friendly, we have little actual evidence that is any true. We probably won't know for sure until they announce the next set of characters.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
DarkGiygas said:
LOL, I've gotten better hatemail from this game than any other. And its always from dropping on someone with horrible lag at the start of a match. Need moaaaaaar

No shame in dropping out when the game plays at 10 fps and the match hasn t even started... just wont play under those conditions!

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
The rate at which I'm able to play online is getting really frustrating. The time between ranked/player matches, even in fight request, make me walk away from the game in about an hour.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
nilbog21 said:
I understand why X-factor is in the game, but can't they just tone down the damage like 10-20%? What is the harm -.-

Didn't sega say making virtua fighter online was impossible... until they released it after on the xbox with online. Never trust the company line...

Procarbine said:
The rate at which I'm able to play online is getting really frustrating. The time between ranked/player matches, even in fight request, make me walk away from the game in about an hour.

I never have a problem, usually use player matches (never ranked) get in a game after 20 secs and rematch the same guy for 30+ games... never a problem here!

Ya'll are really bringing me down with all this talk of spectator mode. I'd love it if all this negativity lit a fire under their asses though.

I'll probably just avoid picking up the inevitable sequel(maybe buy it used) if this is how they want to play. Most people who I played MvC2 with are going to do just that. I probably have one of the largest backlogs here anyway so I've got tons of games to keep me busy.

dammit Capcom...
FrenchMovieTheme said:
speaking of xfactor, it would be nice for capcom to give us the option to turn it off in player matches.

infact, give us all the options we want in player matches:

* damage scaling
* choosing time limits
* choosing xf on or off
* spectator mode
* round robin mode in the player lobby (i.e. if you have 8 people in your lobby, you can challenge anyone who isn't already playing)
This would work pretty well and I'd love it if we got all of these things in that order. On the subject of X-factor...

I think it'd be fine if level one had the same health, vitality and damage while number two is the same as it is now. I don't think we need level three all that bad. I can live just fine with how it is right now anyway. Character tweaking will have a much larger impact and may prove more important in the long run.

God's Beard said:
Yep.

• 60 characters
  • real lobbies with spec mode
  • replay zone
  • giants(motherfucking rathalos up in this b)
  • more missions
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 -April 2012 - $40
In a post MK9 world, that would still be laughably light on content, ignoring the inherent rage at a new version existing at all.

Threi

notag
Zabka said:
What a load of horse shit. This isn't some random physics simulation. Yeah there's a lot of flashy shit going on but the data from button inputs isn't any more complicated than what SF4 does.
It's not. Replays in particular are just recordings of button inputs, what is going on the screen is irravalent. Sure pressing the same sequence of buttons and directions in MvC3 will make more stuff happen onscreen than SSF4, but that is something the engine is supposed to decipher.

Maybe Capcom isn't confident that the netcode is solid? Say for example the game drops inputs online...it would make spectator mode completely glitchy and broken (assuming spectator mode is just button inputs being streamed to the user and not other extra data)

DR2K

Banned
SlamLOL said:
In a post MK9 world, that would still be laughably light on content, ignoring the inherent rage at a new version existing at all.

60 characters versus 28 would be laughably light?

DR2K said:
60 characters versus 28 would be laughably light?
Seriously, it's pretty obvious where resources were spent on each game. Marvel is all characters and balancing, MK is about a complete, well-rounded package, even if not as work is spent on making a balanced competitive game.

ShockingAlberto said:
...what the fuck?

In early February, before the game's release, they implied it would be added post-release, now they're talking like it's impossible after the bulk of the game's sales are done.

That's just...sleazy.

Yeah I just can't believe this. You shouldn't be able to just outright lie like that without getting fired. :mad:

I wanna sit the guy down and ask him how Starcraft 2 does it. Since it can be more like 200 v 200 instead of 3 v 3. Might blow his mind though.

God's Beard said:
Seriously, it's pretty obvious where resources were spent on each game. Marvel is all characters and balancing, MK is about a complete, well-rounded package, even if not as work is spent on making a balanced competitive game.
And look how that balancing effort worked out for Marvel.

I'll laugh if
when
MK is equally or more competitive, whether out of the box or with prompt patch(es).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I actually went ahead and bought the game with the promise that a spectator mode and replays would be added at a later day (Sept was the rumored date??). And now that. Baam! Bucket of cold water. Way to drop the ball on that Capcom. Meh.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Threi said:
It's not. Replays in particular are just recordings of button inputs, what is going on the screen is irravalent. Sure pressing the same sequence of buttons and directions in MvC3 will make more stuff happen onscreen than SSF4, but that is something the engine is supposed to decipher.

Maybe Capcom isn't confident that the netcode is solid? Say for example the game drops inputs online...it would make spectator mode completely glitchy and broken (assuming spectator mode is just button inputs being streamed to the user and not other extra data)

Given that Eighting has less experience with online functions - TVC's online was very rudimentary - this sounds suspiciously correct.

Of course, I'm now curious to see what Capcom USA reps get needled with due to this. These translations of Japanese interviews always seem to select the wrong emphasis on what the person is actually trying to get across.

And at this stage, a replay system is honestly more important that spectator mode. Of course, what would be /really/ useful is a replay system that actually functions offline, and can be used in training mode for exhibitions - something Super SFIV also dropped the ball on. (Replays only work for online matches.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SlamLOL said:
The hell is in MK9 that makes that MvC3 wishlist "light" on content?

Maybe Beard should have added "MvC3's gameplay" as a bullet.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
God's Beard said:
The last few MK's have been jam packed with features but I wouldn't play them if they were giving them away for free. If the core fighting system isn't fun, deep or balanced then what is the point? It would be amazing if MK9 had the full package this time. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SlamLOL said:
And look how that balancing effort worked out for Marvel.

I'll laugh if
when
MK is equally or more competitive, whether out of the box or with prompt patch(es).

Actually, for all the protests and complaints about Sentinel and X-Factor, MvC3 IS even at this point, remarkably balanced. Far more viable and well designed character move sets than in MvC2. By a mile.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Threi said:

There is no reason it should be any extra data... unless they have the most incompetent programmers...

Relix said:
I actually went ahead and bought the game with the promise that a spectator mode and replays would be added at a later day (Sept was the rumored date??). And now that. Baam! Bucket of cold water. Way to drop the ball on that Capcom. Meh.

Blame Seth, he's all "Yeah, we're looking into that!" just like he's all "Gen's been made better!" Mother fucker's as good as selling us on Capcom's crock of shit as he is commentary.

The game's really fun I just wish Capcom spent a 10th of the time/resources that Nether Realms are when it comes to polishing their titles and giving the hardcore the features that they want.

Riposte

In place of spectator(or at least until we get it, because I too think its bull) they should at least give us lobbies designed for a game without it. Just make it a gathering room where we can drop challenges and only count wins. Waiting to fight is really stupid.

LordK

Relix said:

Now I'm not one to defend Capcom, but did they really promise spectator and replays? Kinda curious.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SapientWolf said:
The last few MK's have been jam packed with features but I wouldn't play them if they were giving them away for free. If the core fighting system isn't fun, deep or balanced then what is the point? It would be amazing if MK9 had the full package this time. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Tuesday? Damn this early... if it delivers on the promises I might have to look at MK... but yeah only if its deep enough! Past mk games were a joke...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LordK said:
Now I'm not one to defend Capcom, but did they really promise spectator and replays? Kinda curious.
No, they didn't. Relix, you jumped the gun on some PR damage control homie. You can only blame yourself for making that purchase when they said they "could hypothetically" patch that stuff in.

A lot of people can't seem to see past their own wants for a fighting game.

They can't see the difference between a "fighting gamer" and "gamer" in respect to expectations.

They look at their FGs as "Fighting Games" and forget them as "Video Games".

In the interest of staying popular outside of only SRK members, it would be in Capcom's interest to throw in some game features that are not directly pertaining to human vs human.

Especially in a second version, where they had the first one to make a good fighting system.

All things considered, having them put some work into single player would be a better way of staying popular the average gamer, as opposed to changes which negatively affect the VS gameplay for the hardcore (reversal times, input windows, shortcuts, comeback mechanics, etc.).

Satyamdas

Banned
Threi said:
If that was the case, then SSF4 would also have glitchy and broken spectator modes. Because we all know that SSF4 DOES drop inputs online due to lag/netcode, and yet the spectator modes still work. If an input is dropped then it doesn't happen in the match and thus it doesn't get shown to any spectators. I don't see why MvC3 would be any different to SSF4 in this regard.

And I also don't buy for 1 second that there is some physical limitation to sending out input data in Mvc3. There might be more happening on the screen compared to SSF4, but there are not exponentially more inputs happening. Capcom is so full of shit it is insane.

vocab

LordK said:

No, but it's 2011, we have come to expect it. Blazblue and SSFIV had capabilities that shown we were moving forward (not SSFIV's netcode), and now here we are 10 steps back.

I hope to god MK9 really does online right. If it's a good game on top of a good online infrastructure, then Capcom should be embarrassed. They have way more resources than MK devs.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
SapientWolf said:

What happens Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom