• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Ugh...the online and DLC for MVC3 was the bain of my E3.

Yeah I remember Capcom hinting there would be some kind of MVC3 news for E3 about whats up with DLC since they were ashamed of how silent they'd been about it so far.

Talked to everyone in every feed, followed every twit, used networks of people to ask questions and any QA a Capcom employee was at was flooded with questions about it (and not just by me.)

Got back absolutlely nothing on the subject.

Cross your fingers for something at TGS or something, because they definitely hadn't settled there plan yet by E3 like they hinted they would.Likely they're just going to scrap MVC3 for a Super Edition and announce it after contracts are settled sometime. Till then the only Capcom news we'll get will be shout outs for TXSF.
I like TXSF so far, but that single bar round end thing irritates me to no end. Hopefully there are modes that DONT use it.

Ferrio said:
After watching CEO, my stance regarding X factor now is:

1. Remove lvl 1 xfactor when you have all 3 chars.
2. Replace lvl 2 xfactor with lvl 1, and lvl 3 with lvl 2.

The reason being that the whole point of xfactor is to allow a player to actually compete when they're down characters since assists mean the world in this game. There's no point in a player who has all 3 characters to need that upperhand. At the same time, it's too powerful of a mechanic at lvl 3 too, and needs to be toned down. Hopefully it would resolve the Wolverine instant death stuff, and also help against Phoenix and lvl 3 xfactor shenanigans.

THIS. I first saw someone pop lvl1 out the gate months back when Humpback knocked Justin Wong's whole team outta tourny by using it to wipeout Justin's Wolverine right out the gate.

I remembered thinking "hmm...bold, but by God that is a sure way to catch a lot of people off guard and take out their biggest gun in the first few seconds."

So what happens now? People are gate poppin lvl 1 to touch of death combo point characters they'd rather not see whittle them down. Hell I did it on a guy online who had a really irritating Dante by popping it mid Ryu Combo and ending in Shinko beam death and won (yes I know Ryu isn't a great point, but with the right assists helpin out his Tatsu redirect opens them up so good that I don't need a bunch of meters to make use of him and can put him on point).

Grecco

Im suprised they havent even announced new costumes. Didnt SF4 have like a gagillion costume packs?

Id buy an alt costume for Zero with his GBA Zero look.

Grecco said:
Im suprised they havent even announced new costumes. Didnt SF4 have like a gagillion costume packs?

Id buy an alt costume for Zero with his GBA Zero look.
I want my Rearmed Spencer.

At this point though, probably not going to happen.

Chavelo

Prototype-03 said:
BlazBlue. What's Deadliest Warriors?

Only the most awesome, most hypest, mostest most game out there, that's all.

deadliest-warrior-game-review-2.jpg

Didn't you see Daigo's warning to USA about him training for this game? CAN'T WAIT, MANG. :3

Chavelo

Ferrio said:
-Online Features and Quality
-Tutorial/Challenge/Practice mode

Puts all other game's showing to shame.

Fixed. Those two are right, but MK actually did it better when it comes to storymode/singleplayer. Not great, but at least it had something that the fighting game genre needed.

Ferrio said:
-Storymode
-Online Features and Quality
-Tutorial/Challenge/Practice mode

Puts all other game's showing to shame.
I'll take your word for it.

Chavelo said:
Fixed. Those two are right, but MK actually did it better when it comes to storymode/singleplayer. Not great, but at least it had something that the fighting game genre needed.
Agreed.

Deadliest Warrior looked fun as hell in the UFGT7 mystery tournament. And hey, it's only ten bucks! I know what game I'm buying next.

Also +1 on Mortal Kombat 9 having the best story mode.

Ferrio

Banned
Chavelo said:

Still say Blaz's is better. Storymode for each character, quite lengthy, branching storylines.

Chavelo

Ferrio said:
Still say Blaz's is better. Storymode for each character, quite lengthy, branching storylines.

Eh, I'm not too fond of static images going back and forth with each other, and saying stuff that a writer that is paid by the word (read: LOOONG) came up with. Branching storylines is nice, tho.

That's for another thread, tho. Let's just agree that Capcom sucks at it big time. XD

Solune

Ferrio said:
And you can actually exit story mode at anytime in Blazblue, MK's storymode lacks functionality during cutscenes and you can't skip them, pretty bad.

Anth0ny

Holy shit, between E3 and Revelations/CEO, I've already hit my monthly bandwidth limit.

That bill is going to hurt at the end of the month =/

Anth0ny

2Crisis said:
Markman retweeted this.

http://i.imgur.com/kJDph.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL that's awesome.

I guess Viscant is considered the best Phoenix in America now. [spoiler]Until Justin picks her up[/spoiler]

Neki

gosh guys, I like talking about the match up, jeez. Nothing else to do in this thread half the time. :p Especially because my opponent for the tournament is still dead on arrival.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
MvC3 is showing a big downside of Capcom's lazy "We'll just lower the character's health and call it a day!" approach to balance vis-a-vis Phoenix. Between X-factor, the DHC glitch, Dante, Wolverine, Magneto, etc., this game is loaded with one-touch kills, anyway. I think players are far more able to compensate for a character's lack of health than they are able to compensate for a lack of tools.

Since Capcom has basically abandoned this game, I think the rewards of Phoenix will continue to grow and the risks will continue to shrink.

Bob White

DjangoReinhardt said:
MvC3 is showing a big downside of Capcom's lazy "We'll just lower the character's health and call it a day!"

I've been getting super tired of this design method over the last year. It simply does not work. Between the twins and god mode pixies in Marvel, things are getting stupid and not fun. Low health really makes for shitty games if the dev just throws a giant bag of 50/50 mix ups into a character and calls him balanced without thinking.

DjangoReinhardt said:
MvC3 is showing a big downside of Capcom's lazy "We'll just lower the character's health and call it a day!" approach to balance vis-a-vis Phoenix. Between X-factor, the DHC glitch, Dante, Wolverine, Magneto, etc., this game is loaded with one-touch kills, anyway. I think players are far more able to compensate for a character's lack of health than they are able to compensate for a lack of tools.

Since Capcom has basically abandoned this game, I think the rewards of Phoenix will continue to grow and the risks will continue to shrink.
Of course, Phoenix has the most health in the game.

Ultimoo said:
gosh guys, I like talking about the match up, jeez. Nothing else to do in this thread half the time. :p Especially because my opponent for the tournament is still dead on arrival.
It's been like this for a while and it gets kind of boring after a while. No match requests...

Neki

SolarPowered said:
It's been like this for a while and it gets kind of boring after a while. No match requests...
Seph was blowing me up with Wesker a couple of minutes ago, good times. Wesker is still my bane of my existence. Or maybe it's just XF3. Wesker, Dorm and Hulk are all annoying with it.

LakeEarth

I hope Daigo doesn't use Pheonix. That way if he wins the tourney, people won't be able to use the imba excuse and admit MvC3 is a whole new ballgame.

Neki

LakeEarth said:
I hope Daigo doesn't use Pheonix. That way if he wins the tourney, people won't be able to use the imba excuse and admit MvC3 is a whole new ballgame.
If Daigo wins without Phoenix and actually beats some legitimate opponents, I'll be happy to eat crow and say that he'll own America in MvC3 at Evo then. Otherwise. :p

USD

kitzkozan said:
Marlinpie can't block worth a crap, he got blown up by Remix of all people. -_- Tokido would eat him alive. Tokido is a generational talent at 2D FG while Marlinpie ain't ( won his first Guilty gear tournament at 13 years old in Japan ) . You need far more than execution to win consistently, just look at Sako. :p
Because Nelson didn't make top 8, in winner's.

It's not worth it going deep into theory fight in MvC3. I'd say whoever got the first hit would be important though. I'd favor Tokido, but it's not like MarlinPie wouldn't stand a chance.

On a semi-related note, Empire didn't do too bad, three players in the Top 6.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarlinPie is hype as fuck, but as soon as he second guesses himself and plays the zoning game for too long, transitioning to defense from relentless offense, he gets blown up hard. His Ammy is great and his Magneto is average, but really, the usefulness of Viper on his team cannot be underrated. Tokido is just the better player, though MarlinPie wouldn't be free, and would put up a fight first.

Azure J

So I'm watching the CEO MvC3 top 8 that I missed yesterday and wow what a series of matches. Comments on everything that I've seen so far:

- I like that everyone's getting mad at Tokido playing/using Phoenix calling it cheap when guy has been using the most unorthodox and refreshing stuff with her ("Meters? I don't need that shit!", actual follow through and genuinely using her as a character before a gimmick/DP easy mode win). While I still think that Phoenix might need a bit of a tone down, it isn't her alone that's getting these victories. Also, dude really is reminding everyone why any level of X-Factor can become absurd in the right situation.

- We need a "forever alone" version of the dive kick hitbox for Trish. It's so hilarious seeing the match between Jago & J. Wong knowing that Wolvie's dive kick is pulling fools out of the weirdest places downward while her "hitbox" is more like a hit line. :lol

- Jesus fuck Shin Shoryukens in this game are manly as fuck. Even manlier is getting two of them off back to back perfectly during the best part of Ryu's Theme. :lol

As for the last topic before my post, I pretty much 100% agree with enzo, no one should ever sleep on either MarlinPie or Tokido.

EDIT: CHRIS FUCKING G. Man this shit is too hype and I'm watching after the fact. :lol

Now with that all said, where in the archive should I go for team MvC3 stuff? Also, where's all the Revelations stuff?

Even if you consider Phoenix to be 'balanced' (I certainly don't), it's just not fun to watch dark phoenix effortlessly obliterate an opposing team in seconds, nor is it fun to watch Yun's mixup/pressure game destroy someone with little chance to break out of it.

DR2K

Banned
LakeEarth said:

He uses Yun in SF, and that character is broken as fuck. I'd b e surprised if he doesn't use her.

Azure J

mjemirzian said:
Even if you consider Phoenix to be 'balanced' (I certainly don't), it's just not fun to watch dark phoenix effortlessly obliterate an opposing team in seconds, nor is it fun to watch Yun's mixup/pressure game destroy someone with little chance to break out of it.

Honestly, I'm definitely on the hot seat with my opinion of things. I say let it rock and let people learn how to deal with it better. I liked Phoenix's play style before we started realizing how game altering she can be to deal with, and I still like her now because even with the DP gimmick that most folks run to, regular Phoenix is infinitely more interesting to me given her set of tools. Beyond that (and since that's a post I'll make when I can step out of Theory Fighter and try some shit with) I still think that it's hype to watch both sides of the equation (her brutal near unfairness tearing shit apart and good players reading and blowing her up). If anything, she's a wake up call that makes players step out of the comfort zone and come up with new stuff, although I do hate the amount of runaway that goes on against every Phoenix that comes up to the plate. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom