• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

wow that was the most hype match ever at WNF, almost as good as Combofiend/Viscant.

Jesus just pull out king kobun.
Ammy can instant super to punish I'm pretty sure, or super jump + Vale of Mist.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
omg dat doom

I don't understand why he isn't trying to xfactor cancel Level 3 chair?
*Xfactor block atk is fine too

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Doom + Ammy (Cold Star)
C.Viper + Dante (Jam Session)
Dante + Haggar (Lariat)

They all seem to be best friends.

I can't imagine the bs Clock would come up with if Strider was in this game.

Neki

Oldschoolgamer said:
Doom + Ammy (Cold Star)
C.Viper + Dante (Jam Session)
Dante + Haggar (Lariat)

They all seem to be best friends.

I can't imagine the bs Clock would come up with if Strider was in this game.

I just want Strider so I don't have to see him play Phoenix. >>

Neki

mr. puppy said:
but does it work against wolverine/akuma lockdowns?
yes, as long as akuma touchs haggar early within his lariat animation. or, if you get caught by a cross-up into the akuma assist, haggar usually stays out long enough to prevent a combo.

so its not used because hagger isn't that great of a character?
There's a very strong perception that he's a waste of a slot, and in some teams he is. The problem is that Haggar solo has absolutely no hope of touching a good portion of the cast in a 1v1. Even characters like Hsien-ko, who are normally considered to be bad, walk all over Haggar in a 1v1.

So, you either have to just accept this, place Haggar 3rd, and try to win with 2 characters plus an amazing assist - OR...

You place him second, and he gets backed by an assist, but the downside is that because Double Lariat causes health loss, you're essentially guaranteeing that Haggar will come in after your point character dies with less than full life - perhaps even low life.

So it's a counter, but if you're playing against Tokido's team, Double Lariat will protect you from Wolverine, but you won't be able to capitalize off of it because you'll still have to block Sentinel's drones, and Haggar hasn't a chance in the world of touching a capable Phoenix player.

I was playing some simulations in my head yesterday regarding the sentinel matchup. Sentinel by himself is not too bad and he can be grounded with pressure, but I don't see anyone on my team who can get past Tron assist once he is grounded.

The fanciest soulfist extravaganzas are completely nullified the moment Morrigan comes close and Gustav flame burns her face off. The only character on team who can beat the duo is Hsien-Ko with a literal anki hou/henkyo ki carpet bombing. Ammy is nice and all, but her success hinges on an air grab with combo opportunities, she can't do a single thing against that team otherwise.

Tron complements Sent so well that it is scary.
Ferrio said:
Though I'll be happy to see Noel Brown get the shit beat out of him.

Is Marn planning to compete in MvC3?
I don't follow the tournament scene closely enough to know that, but I know those two tend to get especially salty lol.

Sentinel w/Tron is difficult, but not as much so when you understand that Sentinel cannot call Tron when he is in blockstun.

Ammy still Brown Furies all over him.

I'm going to see if we can get some matches in today, but it might not happen since I have to complete at least four more HW assignments.

Really itching to try some new approaches here...

Agreed on the Phoenix bit. Clockwork's Doom combos are amazing. He's one of the few players really trying to take the game to the next level.

Anyway, work gave us all tomorrow off, so I'll be online for matches if you're interested Solar. I may be experimenting with yet another new team, so you have been warned!

Any link to the Clock matches?

GhostRidah said:
lol East coast marvel team will be Chris hu, DSP, Triforce, Jin Master, and Spooky lmao
The hell? Where are Yipes, Chris G and NerdJosh? And DSP barely even plays fighting games that aren't ST.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Yea that too.

All of those matches were gdlk, but would have been even better if neither of them were playing Phoenix. :/

You mean if Clock was playing Strider/Doom/Phoenix?

So I decided to start playing this game online since none of my friends are interested in it.

I don't have much time to play but I want to make a unique team I can slowly get better with. Basically, I'm trying to put three characters together that are exceptionally easy to play from an execution standpoint. I don't care about how good they are or what tier they're in, they just need to be easy to play, have easy combos, etc. I never got around to learning stick and I don't plan on buying one (currently learning Starcraft as well) so long combos/links are rough for me.

So far I'm playing around with these characters:

Hulk
Ryu
Taskmaster
Haggar
Spencer

I'm also interested in Arthur, though I can't find a way to make him viable as an anchor and I don't like him on point. I like the design of Chris Redfield, but I don't find him suited to my style that much.

Hulk is by far my favorite character right now. His execution is easy as can be and he plays somewhat similar to Alex, which is my 3rd Strike main (the only other fighting game I bothered to get really good at).

I've been told She Hulk is pretty basic along with Captain America, but Cap doesn't feel like a complete character to me when I try to work with him.

The problem I'm running into is not picking the characters I want to use, but what team is actually going to work well together.

I was running Ryu on point, Haggar assist, then Hulk anchor but landing any damage with Hulk on his own is rough even with lvl 3 x-factor.

Then I tried Haggar on point, Ryu assist which actually worked really well but I again have Hulk in the back. Switching Taskmaster and Spencer in here and there has yielded mixed results.

Any advice on how to shape my team to work well together?

SmokeMaxX

Mister Wilhelm said:
So I decided to start playing this game online since none of my friends are interested in it.

The problem I'm running into is not picking the characters I want to use, but what team is actually going to work well together.

Any advice on how to shape my team to work well together?
Probably something like Hulk/Ryu/Taskmaster or Ryu/Hulk/Taskmaster.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
so East team = NerdJosh - Chris G - Marlin Pie - Josh Wong - Yipes(prefer Jago, but...)

others that should be considered, FlashMetroid, Damien, RyRy, Ryan Hart, Master CJ, Evil Rashan, Noel....

West Team...dunno who's captain = X-Ray, Filipino Champ, Clockwork, JWong, Combofiend

Ohters- Tatsu, Floe, Marn, Clanky D, Richard N, Neo, Viscant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom