• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Full Metal Jacket said:

Man there are some sick things in that stream of Champ and Fiend goin at it as She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer and Magneto/Sentinel/Phoenix.

Everytime phoenix pops up a new trick is being tried to kill her. Taskmaster is doin the best against her so far in these vids. He almost got the lvl 3 task counter to work on the standard teleport in tactic when Dark Phoenix comes into play and I'm expecting a Taskmaster into DHC She-hulk air grab anytime now.

Also, Spencer tricks on DP are no joke. It's hard to tell if he's superjumping into zipline or just to set up a grab attack into a full combofiend combo. I'm especially enjoying his use of Bionic Arm to cut through anything on the ground to put himself in position to catch Dark Phoenix teleporting in to where she thought she had him locked down for a mixup. Slick stuff there.

Whats also great is he avoids using ANY airthrows all the way until dark phoenix is in and then suddenly his playstyle shifts to jump turtling and fishing for airthrows that full combo. The fluid way combo fiend shifts from full throttle offense to catch as catch can grappling is nuts. Hard to pin down a guy like that.

Vids are sick.

EDIT: I'm the only one in the chat right now since its 5am and I'm fishing for them to try crazy shit now on DP. Im seeing if fiend will rock Round harvest with trish to bring her in and DHC into Dormammu's ball. Even if he gets hit from her transform round harvest will stay on her locking her in the air away from x factor and teleports so he should be able to flood the place with bullshit.

Failing that I wanna see an attempt at viewtiful godhand into time slow ammy just for the hilarity against that sentinel since its likely impossible to use on DP.

EDIT EDIT: FUCK YEAH UNBLOCKABLE ZERO TAC INTO TASKMASTER!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
Also, Gods Beard mentioned in the other thread every char in SMvC3 should have a 4th assist. Aside from Flame Carpet, is there anything you guys would like to see as an assist?
- Flame Carpet
- Toy Touch
- Shield Skill
- Analysis Cube
- Lance Toss

You wouldn't even need a 4th assist slot to justify them, really. Just replace one of their less useful ones.

Neki

Tron Beacon Bomb assist means that every character could technically start the DHC glitch.

do it Capcom, DO IT NOW.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
new assist

-SheHulk smash with invincibility :D
-Straight Trigger Happy for Wade
-Glaive Dive for Amy
-Worm Squash fgor S.Skrull

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I think the both of you would be surprised by the outcome of that matchup, especially Smurf.

It's not a surprise that people can get those kinds of titles either. People who got the game early on got to weed out the scrubs. Hell, I remember playing against mighty lords about a week after the game came out.
what you saying he would pwn me?

Dahbomb

4th Assists I would like to see (aside trolling Flame Carpet):

Wolverine - OTG Slide

S SKrull - Tenderizer aiming downwards (OTG version) or any one of his command grabs

Thor - Mighty Hurricane command grab (let's get some MVC2 style Zangief command grabs up in this bitch!)

Iron Man - Repulsor Spread (just the explosion part and instant as it appears. GTFO assist)

Deadpool - QCF+L version of Trigger Happy

Spider Man - Web Throw Straight version (this would be pretty godlike even though you can block it... damage off of assist combos would reach critical mass!)

Dante - Tiger knee Hammer if aerial attacks can be used. If not then Revolver would be a nice lockdown assist to have. Dante can have a ton more assists in this game to be honest.

We really need command grab assists in MVC3. That would push the barrier of cheap shit in the game (although MVC2 had it too... and people were really salty the first month when the game came out).

LakeEarth

crimsonspider89 said:
She Hulk needs to have her AA command grab as an assist, imagine the salt.
Get opponent into the corner, call she hulk AA grab while doing Wesker/Spencer/Sentinel's ground command grab... that HAS to be too damned good.

Tobe

Oldschoolgamer said:
If they put that in, I want flight mode back to MvC2 standards. lol.

morrigan would be actually a one hit kill character with fly/unfly combos if she had the mvc2 flight mode. pretty sure other characters would become a lot better, not sure if sentinel could use the way he used it in mvc2, here his pokes come out super slow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

Wolverine - OTG Slide

S SKrull - Tenderizer aiming downwards (OTG version) or any one of his command grabs

Thor - Mighty Hurricane command grab (let's get some MVC2 style Zangief command grabs up in this bitch!)

Iron Man - Repulsor Spread (just the explosion part and instant as it appears. GTFO assist)

Spider Man - Web Throw Straight version (this would be pretty godlike even though you can block it... damage off of assist combos would reach critical mass!)

Dante - Tiger knee Hammer if aerial attacks can be used. If not then Revolver would be a nice lockdown assist to have. Dante can have a ton more assists in this game to be honest.

We really need command grab assists in MVC3. That would push the barrier of cheap shit in the game (although MVC2 had it too... and people were really salty the first month when the game came out).
Cinematic command grabs like Super Skrull's as an assit would be weird, and the wouldn't be the same if they were made non-cinematic either.

But yeah, OTG Tenderizer would be a great replacement for the current OTG assist of his that's slow as fuck. And would benefit my team greatly.

Dahbomb said:

Wolverine - OTG Slide

Yeah let's make Wolverine even better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dirtbag said:
Flame carpet assist would be completely overpowered.
Thrilled they didn't include it.
I expect nothing less from the MvC franchise. Every assist should be as overpowered as Lariat unless it's an OTG.

Honestly, flame carpet would be great with keepaway teams.

Would open up keepaway more viable gameplay. Throw out flame carpet as they come in, and fire away.

Also Chris needs his flamethrower as an assist.

Two Tron like assists yes please.

Dahbomb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
how?

start up is long as hell
It comes out fast enough for you to OTG into relaunch... and that's not even why it would be OP. Low hitting, stays on screen for a bit... it's like Wesker's Low Shot but better.

Chris Flamethrower is another one I forgot to list. Would love to have that.

Dirtbag

~Devil Trigger~ said:
how?

start up is long as hell

It is, but it's one thing to have a move that has a long startup on a point character, and something all together worse when it's just your assist character while your point character is free to move around.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
It comes out fast enough for you to OTG into relaunch... and that's not even why it would be OP. Low hitting, stays on screen for a bit... it's like Wesker's Low Shot but better.

Chris Flamethrower is another one I forgot to list. Would love to have that.

dorm needs buffs anyways

You guys wanna talk about 4th assists?

Get rid of Hsien-Ko's Henkyo Ki and replace it with a quick as hell Edoga chain like her B forward command move and give that shit some invincibility frames. Oh, and replace her current Anki hou with the M Anki and make it a permanent dizzy item.

YEAH, I WENT THERE!
smurfx said:
what you saying he would pwn me?
I've actually got dozens of matches with you(and an easy hundred with Ultimoo). Just saying the both of you would be surprised.

I ain't saying nothin' else!

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
I want to pick my assist from the whole movelist.
That.........

WOULD BE GODLIKE!!!

The 4th new slot should just be "Custom" assist where you can choose your own assist based off of the movelist.

I can already taste the salt...

God's Beard said:
No, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Marvel vs Capcom 1 did.

I thought MvC1 just had set assists... Don't know about Jojo's though. Never played it. Skullgirls lets you do any move you want (outside of supers).

Prototype-03 said:
I thought MvC1 just had set assists... Don't know about Jojo's though. Never played it. Skullgirls lets you do any move you want (outside of supers).

Marvel vs Capcom Duo Team attacks

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Tandem attacks

Both came out in 1998, and there's a few nods to Jojo's in Skullgirls.

ijSz1.jpg
gJ6Bu.gif

smurfx

get some go again
woo became 2nd lord. i thought i was about 10 wins away and i boy was i wrong. that little chunk was probably 35 wins. good thing i went on a 18 game winning streak and then an 11 game winning streak to close the gap.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
I really hope Japan gets put on blast during MvC3 at Evo. I never even watched much competitive MvC2 but damn, this is our baby. I say this as a Canadian also, THIS IS AMURICA'S GAME.

Pray to god that the coasts are cooking up anti-Phoenix and anti-Tokido tech. Even to use against eachother, but just get Japan out of the picture.
It's going to be tough for Tokido but it's going to be tough for anyone at EVO. Like I said before, Top 5 most likely to win EVO:

1) Justin Wong
2) Tokido
3) Combofiend
4) Chris "Godlike"
5) Viscant

And yes... MAHVEL is AMERICA'S GAME!

Decided to play a few rounds on the PS3 and damn my execution has really improved. I guess all that fighting on the 360 has made a difference, especially with Ammy. It's kind of sad to watch the kiddies buckle under the pressure too.

Still hate Wolverine though. Also, Sentinel is fucking free without Tron or Haggar. It's pretty bad.
God's Beard said:
Sure in Skullgirls you only get one recording, and in Jojo's you can record at any time during the match, but it's the same idea.
It is your opinion, dawgs. A single custom assist is pretty different from an entire combo that locks you from both sides ala Carl and his sister.

Zissou

Was just playing some player matches and ran into somebody doing the Nerd Josh Tron into She-Hulk unescapable grab set up. I'm in Japan, so I was pretty surprised how fast information proliferates now. Who even came up with that set up?

SolarPowered said:
Decided to play a few rounds on the PS3 and damn my execution has really improved. I guess all that fighting on the 360 has made a difference, especially with Ammy. It's kind of sad to watch the kiddies buckle under the pressure too.

Still hate Wolverine though. Also, Sentinel is fucking free without Tron or Haggar. It's pretty bad.

It is your opinion, dawgs. A single custom assist is pretty different from an entire combo that locks you from both sides ala Carl and his sister.
I'm just saying that recorded assists aren't new.

I've been reading through the SRK forums for the last few days to see what they think about Hsien-Ko and it's funny how OP they thought the Gong would be haha.
God's Beard said:
I'm just saying that recorded assists aren't new.
So can actually pick em out of a list?

That is really ahead of it's time for such an old game.

Neki

SolarPowered said:

ready to blow me up?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom