• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
zlatko said:
I forget, but can you block in the air if you are flying? I should test if H version of air electricity reaches them. I know that the QCB + H or M just leaves me open to getting exposed. When someone plays keep away in this game, and they are decent at it, it can be really tough to catch them with some characters. I'll just have to figure out what I can do with what I have left at the time. I always try to stock up a meter or two at the start of a fight if I see a storm on someones team before game starts now for doing hard drives with Sentinel in case they try to get too air happy. Deadpool can also do a solid job if you properly space him for his QCF +H or do it in the air to shoot someone. Usually landing that a few times will get them to come back down, or at least scare them that they might get hit.

Yeah they can't block while flying, but they can cancel flight and block, so if its fast enough you will caught them off guard!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Versus wise, this is the best fighter ever. oh my god

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yoshichan said:
Versus wise, this is the best fighter ever. oh my god
Guilty Gear is still king to me, but this is REALLY DAMN AWESOME :D

Darkman M said:
Better respect dat pipe!

I respect it by holding back, and not mashing out attacks like a dumbass and getting hit by it.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
NameGenerated said:
I played someone who had 4 wins 120 losses and he destroyed me. I was stunned, but then afterwards it said he had 200+ wins and I felt super relieved.

Well it happens, I played one of my friends countless times and he was a mvc2 master... got destroyed with my sf fundamentals. My win loose rate might be shit, but I have leveled up since then, so yeah win lose doesn't mean shit....

Dmg/hitstun glitch has pretty much been tested and formalized

In order to make the trick work, you need to DHC out of a cinematic super into a super that doesn't physically hit (power-ups work great here). This includes whiffed grabs, counters (usually need to be XFC'ed so you can keep comboing), and certain unique supers like Sentinel's (he "summons" the drones but doesn't actually hit you himself).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only bit of hate mail I've got:
LelJl.png

I learned Meteor Smash shortly afterwards

Ferrio said:
So i threw in Dormammu in place of LeiLei just to see if it'd make a difference. Holy shit, does it ever.

Dormammu is really good. I'm surprised that not a lot of people use him... and if they do, they have no idea what to do.

enzo_gt said:
HE LOVES ME

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNFFFFEEEEEERRNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tenderizer into HE LOVES ME INFERRRRNOOOOO is so satisfying. I don't even play Skrull but if I get that random, best believe I'm all up in that ass with dat inferno.

h3ro

spindashing said:
Tenderizer into HE LOVES ME INFERRRRNOOOOO is so satisfying. I don't even play Skrull but if I get that random, best believe I'm all up in that ass with dat inferno.

real talk.

I love being a training mode champion. :D

All the talk of team synergy always gets to me. I rarely pick my characters for strategy. I have to admit that I'd probably do better if I dropped Hsien-Ko, but she seemed so promising at the start.

People will spend months and months playing the game before they can completely flesh out characters like Dante, Sentinel and Phoenix while Hsien-Ko's strategy is pretty much all figured out(Henkyo-Ki+item toss). I don't see myself dropping her, but it gets a little frustrating.

Fake edit: One thing I don't get with Hsien-Ko is why her H attack in the air cannot stop Sentinel's launch attack. It hits multiple times just like Morrigan's S attack in the air, but Sentinel punishes her every time I try it out. Does her H attack in the air hit slower than most attacks?

hehe coninced a guy to select Cap so I can get that stupid character specific match-up trophy and get it over with and I had no idea what to do as Moddok lol

Skrull is awesome. I love his teleport stomp to punish projectile spammers then follow it up into QCB+AT+AT Hyper

Neki

spindashing said:
It's "HE LOVES YOU" btw people, comon, listen harder. This makes me want to go play Skrull, rofl.

SolarPowered said:
All the talk of team synergy always gets to me. I rarely pick my characters for strategy. I have to admit that I'd probably do better if I dropped Hsien-Ko, but she seemed so promising at the start.

People will spend months and months playing the game before they can completely flesh out characters like Dante, Sentinel and Phoenix while Hsien-Ko's strategy is pretty much all figured out(Henkyo-Ki+item toss). I don't see myself dropping her, but it gets a little frustrating.

Fake edit: One thing I don't get with Hsien-Ko is why her H attack in the air cannot stop Sentinel's launch attack. It hits multiple times just like Morrigan's S attack in the air, but Sentinel punishes her every time I try it out. Does her H attack in the air hit slower than most attacks?

Team synergy helps a lot, but that doesn't mean you should drop characters you like for characters you don't like. You'll always do better with characters you click with. Just don't pick teams like Gootecks where he runs Wolverine, X-23, Sentinel. That's a HORRIBLE team.

Cels

No spectator, no replays in the game, and probably never coming either.

Broken online MM to the point where turning on fight request in training mode is often superior to the "ranked match" option.
And when you actually get into the game, the netcode often lets you down...

But the thing is the core fighting game is so fun and pretty much every character is viable only 2 weeks in (XF is another thing entirely)

I would have loved them to hold off on release for a couple months. Look at what arcsystemworks has done -- that should be the standard for what features and online options fighting games should have. Pretty shameful for Cap to release the game as it is when other, older fighters outclass MvC3, including Cap's own SSFIV.

Another post suggested options for infinite time, no XF, etc and I have to wholeheartedly agree. I understand that they've said that spectating be too hard technically (orly) but at least give the option for time limit off...at the very least.

Cels said:
No spectator, no replays in the game, and probably never coming either.

Broken online MM to the point where turning on fight request in training mode is often superior to the "ranked match" option.

But the thing is the core fighting game is so fun and pretty much every character is viable only 2 weeks in (XF is another thing entirely)

I would have loved them to hold off on release for a couple months. Look at what arcsystemworks has done -- that should be the standard for what features and online options fighting games should have. Pretty shameful for Cap to release the game as it is when other, older fighters outclass MvC3, including Cap's own SSFIV.

Another post suggested options for infinite time, no XF, etc and I have to wholeheartedly agree. I understand that they've said that spectating be too hard technically (orly) but at least give the option for time limit off...at the very least.

Why do so many people want infinite time? Does it really bother people time runs out? You have 99 seconds which is a long time. If they run a good keepaway, isn't it the rusher's job to get in and finish it off?

edit: I think it gets exciting when there's 10 secs left and the guy who's losing tries to go all out offensively because they know they're going to lose anyway. Have you seen some of those Hail Mary tactics? It gets stupid but the pay off is big.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Its great. I have a bunch of friends coming over to play local games. Even my sister is playing it with the stick. So awesome haha.

Cels said:
It is not "often" superior. It is without a shadow of a doubt the only way to get ranked matches going quickly in this game.
Cels said:
It doesn't matter that BlazBlue had the best netcode, the most well thought out lobby system, the best ID card, or even the best options regarding player updates. It never had a chance the moment the fighting game crowd labelled it as an "anime" fighter. The beautiful stills in story mode and the creativity in each individual character went right out the window the moment people decided that they were too grown up to play a game with animated ninjas, demons and cat girls(this makes it sound bad lol). Capcom will not worry about adding to the experience as long as they know that they are king of the genre.

I don't like to say it this way, but it's not all that different from the gaming industry at large. We get exactly what we deserve, really.
Prototype-03 said:
Team synergy helps a lot, but that doesn't mean you should drop characters you like for characters you don't like. You'll always do better with characters you click with. Just don't pick teams like Gootecks where he runs Wolverine, X-23, Sentinel. That's a HORRIBLE team.
I don't expect to drop Hsien-Ko unless she becomes completely useless. I'm sticking with her for a while to see what I can do with her. I do pretty well with her right now anyway. I always use my characters in a unique and unexpected way and it always messes with people's expectations of a certain character.

I expect to see great things from Amateratsu and she has the potential to become the weirdest of all my characters with time.
Prototype-03 said:
Why do so many people want infinite time? Does it really bother people time runs out? You have 99 seconds which is a long time. If they run a good keepaway, isn't it the rusher's job to get in and finish it off?

edit: I think it gets exciting when there's 10 secs left and the guy who's losing tries to go all out offensively because they know they're going to lose anyway. Have you seen some of those Hail Mary tactics? It gets stupid but the pay off is big.
I like to play a game knowing that I tried everything humanely possible to win. It's as simple as that. It's just another option anyway. I don't see why it should not be added.

Would our extra fun and satisfaction make the experience any worse for you?

If it doesn't then I don't see why I can't have it.

Relix said:
Its great. I have a bunch of friends coming over to play local games. Even my sister is playing it with the stick. So awesome haha.

I brought in the Xbox last week to work along with MvC3 and hooked it up in a conference room after hours. Everyone went nuts for MvC, simple mode is so clutch when you want to just have a bunch of non-fighting gamers play and have a good time.

Very much the best local fighter that I've ever had when trying to match between different skill levels. Very spectator friendly as well with all the crazy assists, combos and hypers going on.

Angelcurio

I have a noob question. After toying with the Sound Gallery i noticed that the original Version of "I wanna Take You 4 a Ride" is in the game, and when you go into practice mode you can hear a remixed version in the character select screen. I want to know how or where does the original song version actually plays.

Angelcurio said:
I have a noob question. After toying with the Sound Gallery i noticed that the original Version of "I wanna Take You 4 a Ride" is in the game, and when you go into practice mode you can hear a remixed version in the character select screen. I want to know how or where does the original song version actually plays.
Try classic sound effects in the options screen. I think that will make it play during character select.

alstein

Prototype-03 said:

If you save XFC you can really negate most comebacks since they can't chip you.
Just run away super hard. Probably not an optimal tactic unless you commit completely to runaway, or don't have a good chance to use XFC but keep a lead. It's easier if you have a char with good mobility like Morrigan or Trish.

Having your lowest life char in to get the healing on XFC makes it an even stronger tactic- I do this plenty, though it's lame and boring.

Prototype-03 said:

i have like 110 "timeout" wins. it's ridiculous. when you get 2 players of basically equal level, a lot of times you are at a stalemate for a while feeling each other out.

i get why some people DONT want to play with infinite time, but some of us would prefer that. how are more options a bad thing? especially something so ridiculously simple as that. i would say the samething even if the only option was infinite time. "capcom why not give us the option for a time limit for those that want it?". these options are so basic its embarrassing that we should even have to ask for something like a time limit option.

Ferrio

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have like 110 "timeout" wins. it's ridiculous. when you get 2 players of basically equal level, a lot of times you are at a stalemate for a while feeling each other out.

i get why some people DONT want to play with infinite time, but some of us would prefer that. how are more options a bad thing? especially something so ridiculously simple as that. i would say the samething even if the only option was infinite time. "capcom why not give us the option for a time limit for those that want it?". these options are so basic its embarrassing that we should even have to ask for something like a time limit option.

Time limit in ranked/players should always be the default. Or get that stupid shit nonsense people would do in SF4.

Ferrio said:
Time limit in ranked/players should always be the default. Or get that stupid shit nonsense people would do in SF4.

oh no doubt for ranked matches. that's not what i'm talking about. i'm saying when i create a custom player matches i should be able to customize the game to the way that i want to play it.

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Failed to join game session.

Over and over and over and aughhhhh.

Yeah, that gets quite annoying. I usually just go into training or arcade and turn on the player search thing. I get a match after like 5 seconds.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Papercuts said:
As 2D sprites. The actual netcode performance is also leagues better.

Oh, and a story mode that took around 20 hours...and CS has an actual in depth tutorial. Both games are much more fully featured than anything capcom has been doing.

That's my point. MvC3 had 24 more characters to deal with, so they had to spend the time there instead of on a braching story for the 12.

usea

With haggar I pretty much spam pipe and occasional violent axe. For some reason people can't deal with it, even though I don't use any combos and I'm predictable.

People just get frustrated and lash out when they can see a pattern but lack the competency to get around it.

Nose Master

usea said:
With haggar I pretty much spam pipe and occasional violent axe. For some reason people can't deal with it, even though I don't use any combos and I'm predictable.

People just get frustrated and lash out when they can see a pattern but lack the competency to get around it.

So many people get hit by the overhead part of Violent Axe H. Same thing with his Rapid super. Once people learn to stop doing that, and to not touch hulk during his standing M/H, I'm switching them out.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Finally.

I know I'm garbage tier and everyone and their mother on GAF already got their five win streak trophy / achievement, but I finally got my five wins in ranked and I'm stoked. Fuck ranked so much. X / Tron / Dormomma is a solid team, but I feel kinda sluggish once X drops, which happens in, like, 80% of every match I fight. I really need another rushdown to practice with on the side. I was using Chun in place of Dorm for awhile, but I feel like I was getting zoned out a bit too easily, unless I had XFC3 anyway.

Anyway: happy.

Kimosabae

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"It sounds selfish, but part of me is glad online is working out the way it is. I miss the days when wanting to play a fighting game you loved meant community building in your local area, not sending mass XBL friend requests.

Yes, I'm old and bitter. Get off my lawn, etc."

Feeling that way doesn't make you old and bitter. It definitely makes you something else, but it doesn't make you old and bitter.

The new Marvelous Adventures is amazing. The bait and switch...oh man.

What does it make me, exactly? I'm genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom