• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hate x-factor in this game. Comebacks should be earned through skills....x-factor just makes it less satisfying by making it too easy. MvC2 comebacks are mad hype!! MvC3 comebacks.....zzzzzzzzz--lame. The moment x-factor turns on...my mind goes off.

QisTopTier said:
Nothing in this vid shocks me, she's the best character in the game. Even no one is using her it's so fucking obvious just from looking at her stuff for at least a minute
I told everybody after I went to the gamespot tournament, but nobody believed me.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
anyone who says this game is too easy please upload a video of yourself performing magnetos ghetto rom. ive been trying for a week straight and cant do it. lmao.

Dreavus

nilbog21 said:
yo whats up w/ the game showing u false records before the match?

I've heard that before the match it shows the ranked-only stats, and after it shows player match + ranked combined. No idea if that's accurate though. Still need to test it.

Rorschach

Dreavus said:
I've heard that before the match it shows the ranked-only stats, and after it shows player match + ranked combined. No idea if that's accurate though. Still need to test it.
The ones it shows after the match are the correct stats. The ones during startup of the match are not the right ones. You can tell because of the "win streaks." It'll say someone's 0-90, but with a 15 game win streak. After the match, it'll show you that he's really 250-100 or something. Player match stuff doesn't get counted unless it's on the left column of your player card... and those are counted with offline arcade matches.

hitsugi

haunts said:
anyone who says this game is too easy please upload a video of yourself performing magnetos ghetto rom. ive been trying for a week straight and cant do it. lmao.

ghetto rom and fly fierce dash fierce etc. are all simple for anyone that had any kind of MVC2 skill.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hitsugi said:
ghetto rom and fly fierce dash fierce etc. are all simple for anyone that had any kind of MVC2 skill.

ghetto rom is infinitely more hard then the fly fierce dash fierce combo.

God's Beard said:
Or Captain America Loops. Or anything with C.Viper/Dante jump cancels.

Storm corner loop is hard too. X(

Sanford's just too close to Marvel 2, he's forgetting how stupid that game was. Marvel 2 was dominated by flight characters. Still, he's not wrong that it's an easier game, I don't see people being crushed yet like Marvel 2.

hitsugi

haunts said:
ghetto rom is infinitely more hard then the fly fierce dash fierce combo.

so infinitely more hard than something that isn't hard to do....

the hardest part of "ghetto rom" is probably just the initial set up which is made easier by jumping backwards. are you having problems with the reps after that?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hitsugi said:
so infinitely more hard than something that isn't hard to do....

the hardest part of "ghetto rom" is probably just the initial set up which is made easier by jumping backwards. are you having problems with the reps after that?

The initial set up is easy. It's the following rhythm that is hard. I can only do like 2 follow up reps before dropping it.

Still wondering what the max damage and meter is you can get out of it to see if its worth doing over some of his other combos that can net 500k easy and build almost 2 bars.

either way, if it was easy youd see magnetos doing it all over the place. The only player I've seen do it in a match is Marn and he only got a couple reps.

Relix said:
Honest to God... let's keep repeating this and making out a huge deal out of it. Please.
It won't matter soon enough if people only post to talk about their disappointment or an awesome stream.

They're doing a better job of killing the hype with their incompetence than we ever could with fan backlash. Thank god for the tournaments and high level players who are keeping some semblance of hype and interest up at the moment. The game wouldn't fare very well without them I think.

Ferrio

Banned
Man, played quite a few games with itwasfunny on PSN. Freaking stressful matches. SheHulk vs C.Viper match up is insane. We're playing the assist wars, both trying to get in on one another and land that first hit. Usually whoever did would take out that character.

Pretty damn good Dormammu too. He'll do this evil trick where he kills off one of your characters, summons one of the fireballs then tags in c.viper and does a focus attack while your caught up in all that blockstun.

Kimosabae

Banned
I still don't get why people are so surprised and subsequently upset spectator mode isn't there. If the game was in development prior to SSF4, that pegs the game's development commencement at early 2009 the latest. That suggests (to me) Spectator mode couldn't have been a priority for them at that point, as well as the fighting game community at large, because its popularity as a feature hadn't been established yet. A FPS established the feature (Halo 3) and how many fighting games had it prior to DOA?

Spectator mode is great and all, but I don't think people are being reasonable about the possible explanations for its omission at all.

zlatko

Banned
So I watched the new Desk video on SRK, and that Viper technology is the bomb. Question about her focus attack, how is it different from a SF4 focus attack? Does it only absorb one hit?

Also, at the end of his video he labels what's coming next as a "gamebreaking glitch," and if I remember right DryEyeRelief posted on here everything up to now he has shown feels isn't game breaking, like making characters stuck in the air or in stuck animations, but what's coming up next will be ? If so, that makes me hella worried what he found. :(

dralla

haunts said:
The initial set up is easy. It's the following rhythm that is hard. I can only do like 2 follow up reps before dropping it.

Still wondering what the max damage and meter is you can get out of it to see if its worth doing over some of his other combos that can net 500k easy and build almost 2 bars.

either way, if it was easy youd see magnetos doing it all over the place. The only player I've seen do it in a match is Marn and he only got a couple reps.
i guess you mean the H ADDF H loop? RyRy used it at winter brawl. i dont remember the exact match but he did one where he used sents drones to keep it going even longer, it was sick as hell.

Kimosabae

Banned
zlatko said:
So I watched the new Desk video on SRK, and that Viper technology is the bomb. Question about her focus attack, how is it different from a SF4 focus attack? Does it only absorb one hit?

Also, at the end of his video he labels what's coming next as a "gamebreaking glitch," and if I remember right DryEyeRelief posted on here everything up to now he has shown feels isn't game breaking, like making characters stuck in the air or in stuck animations, but what's coming up next will be ? If so, that makes me hella worried what he found. :(

Viper's Focus attack is essentially the same as SF4 outside the fact that it can absorb as many hits as Viper has life to spare.

DR2K

Banned
vocab said:
AHVB X 4 = takes skill

Get the fuck out of here Sandord.

Hey I spent five whole minutes mastering Sentinels infinite drone super. Mashing hail storm and building meter for free offscreen. And letting Psylocke, Cyclops, and CC do all the launching for me.

There is nothing as dumb or as stupid in MVC3(yet) as top tier MVC2.

Xevren

zlatko said:

From what I've seen Viper just keeps absorbing unless you throw her. It's fun calling in an assist like Chun's lightning legs and doing her focus during that. Viper's a lot of fun.

zlatko

Banned
Xevren said:
From what I've seen Viper just keeps absorbing unless you throw her. It's fun calling in an assist like Chun's lightning legs and doing her focus during that. Viper's a lot of fun.

She's getting some serious lab time then. I'm guessing Sent drones into level 3 focus will be how I'll try to set it up most often in fights.

Darkman M

palpabl_purpura said:
He's right. Modern gaming is a scrubfest across the board, from MvC3 to COD. Gone are the days of skilled competitive multiplayer, which is why I no longer play competitive multiplayer games online. MvC3 is just fine as a one player game for me, along with MW2, SSF4, etc.
Who the fuck plays ssf4 and Marvel for single player? Gtfo of here Lol.

palpabl_purpura said:
He's right. Modern gaming is a scrubfest across the board, from MvC3 to COD. Gone are the days of skilled competitive multiplayer, which is why I no longer play competitive multiplayer games online. MvC3 is just fine as a one player game for me, along with MW2, SSF4, etc.
LOL

Hugbot

palpabl_purpura said:
You're right and not making dumb generalizations at all. There are no modern games serving as a legitimate competitive platform.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
palpabl_purpura said:

Godlike in Mvc2, not in Mvc3, so the game sucks? Yeah, keep moving Sanford. ::rolleyes::

He sounds like "scrubs" that he use to beat on.

zlatko

Banned
Hugbot said:
You're right and not making dumb generalizations at all. There are no modern games serving as a legitimate competitive platform.

I know it's like people think Starcraft 2 didn't come out at all, but then again too much of GAF doesn't have a gaming PC. It's true that WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many games come out that cater to casual players being able to have good games online... the thing is though pro players/hard core players will be more consistent across the board and be able to do things casuals can't.

I just feel what's change this generation in this regard is that the barrier to entry for many competitive games has been lowered, but how deep the game is for many popular multiplayer games is still something for the hardcore to get at.

maomaoIYP

I finally picked this game up yesterday despite swearing off 2D fighters after BlazBlue (god I hate that game).

MvC3 reminds me of a mash up of kof99 with doujin fighters like EFZ, I find it entertaining, but I just play fighters for combo fun anyway.

mannerbot

zlatko said:
I know it's like people think Starcraft 2 didn't come out at all, but then again too much of GAF doesn't have a gaming PC. It's true that WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many games come out that cater to casual players being able to have good games online... the thing is though pro players/hard core players will be more consistent across the board and be able to do things casuals can't.

lol. SC2 is a pretty terrible example for anyone who was remotely competent at SC: BW.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm starting to think the perceived lower-entry barrier is (largely) a myth instigated by marketing, honestly. I think the games of yesteryear are easier than we remember - they've just been distorted by years of competitive community perspective. These games have always aimed for accessibility - developers are just much more open and conscious about that aim today.

kirblar

I just tried playing online for the first time in a week and remembered why I stopped- when only 1 in 4 super jumps is actually recognized by the server, there's something seriously wrong.

zlatko said:

I just feel what's change this generation in this regard is that the barrier to entry for many competitive games has been lowered, but how deep the game is for many popular multiplayer games is still something for the hardcore to get at.

Yes, skill is still a factor, but having to put in days worth of lab time to separate yourself from the common scrub is discouraging. Scrubs in games like SF2/3, VF, etc get destroyed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kirblar said:
I just tried playing online for the first time in a week and remembered why I stopped- when only 1 in 4 super jumps is actually recognized by the server, there's something seriously wrong.
LOL server... LOOOOOL the game is P2P in other words sure the net code is shit but it's still based on yours and your opponents connection not some server.

palpabl_purpura said:
Yes, skill is still a factor, but having to put in days worth of lab time to separate yourself from the common scrub is discouraging. Scrubs in games like SF2/3, VF, etc get destroyed.

...... there are so many things wrong here LOL I'll just leave this one alone.

DR2K

Banned
palpabl_purpura said:

Scrubs get destroyed in this game too, my 90% win rate says so. I barely spend any time in training mode. I just read the guide, watched some streams, and did a couple of missions in mission mode. This is a new game, old rules do not apply.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DR2K said:
Scrubs get destroyed in this game too, my 90% win rate says so. I barely spend any time in training mode. I just read the guide, watched some streams, and did a couple of missions in mission mode. This is a new game, old rules do not apply.

Yup most people in ranked are freaking horrible, I'm rocking a 95% win rate myself.

zlatko

Banned
mannerbot said:
lol. SC2 is a pretty terrible example for anyone who was remotely competent at SC: BW.

Fully disagree. SC2 gameplay was not dumbed down in comparison to BW. It's more the gameplay mechanics got refined. In BW didn't you have to have every 12 zerglings hotkeyed to 1 hot key, but now in SC2 you can have your whole army on one key if you want.

This sure, makes the game "easier," but not in a stupid way, because people with better micro will always hot key their armies units to different keys to have better control and come out on top in fights. It's nice though now to have 1 key able to move your whole army to a spot, instead of just smacking tons of hot keys to do the same action.

Bringing in the idea of balance/build orders/cheese is also irrelevant to the topic at hand. That's the meta game, and a discussion all its own. SC2 is my very first RTS and going into it I thought I was going to be extremely overwhelmed. The fact is that game has a great tutorial system, eases you in bit by bit in the campaign, lets you really scale the difficulty in a precise manner to how well you play, and has a good set of challenges to help instill macro/micro. The games robust online aspect allows you to really hone and practice, as well as more often than not match you with an equally skilled opponent.

I can't think of a games multiplayer this generation that was so focused on giving people of different skill levels a great experience without sacrificing an insane level of complexity for the more advanced players.

It'll be interesting though to see if Sanford really can step his shit up in this game at his next tournament he attends. He's fully capable of it, but he'll have to dig deep into the game to find something he'll be able to take a great advantage of over someone like Justin Wong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom