• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kadey said:
I agree with him.

Even though i do agree with some of his points, overall he sounds like an idiot. He talks about how easy the game is but he is ass at it. Also he says how he has a life and thats why he isnt good. Oh yea i forgot all pro players are jobless and lifeless shut ins and all they do is play mvc3. Wrong. James chen and marn always talk about how justin now has a full time job and plays the game only a few hours a week and he is the top player at it by far. He needs to stop making excuses and step his game up. Or he can just shut up and quit.

And also the comment on how games are too scrub friendly these, obviously they are. The easier it is to get into and enjoy a game, the more it sells and becomes popular. Call of Duty for example.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kimosabae said:
Did Sanford really use the "I have a life" line?

C'MON man.
troll, move along!

Ferrio

Banned
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Finally.

I know I'm garbage tier and everyone and their mother on GAF already got their five win streak trophy / achievement, but I finally got my five wins in ranked and I'm stoked. Fuck ranked so much. X / Tron / Dormomma is a solid team, but I feel kinda sluggish once X drops, which happens in, like, 80% of every match I fight. I really need another rushdown to practice with on the side. I was using Chun in place of Dorm for awhile, but I feel like I was getting zoned out a bit too easily, unless I had XFC3 anyway.

Anyway: happy.

I'm really loving tron now. Once I land a j.H it's pain time.

Ultimoo said:
It's "HE LOVES YOU" btw people, comon, listen harder. This makes me want to go play Skrull, rofl.

I know it's HE LOVES YOU, but I've always heard "HE LOVES ME." Why does Skrull even say that? Skrull's the character that interests me the least character personality/story-wise but I love his moveset.

And man, I hit Joe's BNB that I practiced so hard in an actual match earlier. I felt so blessed and actually won. 21-9 on ranked ain't that bad a deal...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hokay, now even the pro players are using the "I GOTS A LIFE, THAT'S WHY YOU WON SCRUB" argument.

MvC3 is officially the saltiest game in the history of creation.

Kaijima said:
MvC3 is officially the saltiest game in the history of creation.

dat NaCl

ALL_Snacks_and_Goodies_Planters_Virginia_Salted_Peanuts_52oz_container_-1016-18000.jpg

Mango Sentinel color scheme?!

Riposte

_dementia said:
Wow, what a sexist ass

Well... need we look at women's finals from EVO?

EDIT:

biosnake20 said:
And also the comment on how games are too scrub friendly these, obviously they are. The easier it is to get into and enjoy a game, the more it sells and becomes popular. Call of Duty for example.

Obviously at a cost to quality.

DR2K

Banned
Ferrio said:
I'm really loving tron now. Once I land a j.H it's pain time.

Yeah I take back what I said about Tron, her gustaff fire and infinite drill(in xfactor) are soo good.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
spindashing said:
I know it's HE LOVES YOU, but I've always heard "HE LOVES ME." Why does Skrull even say that? Skrull's the character that interests me the least character personality/story-wise but I love his moveset.

And man, I hit Joe's BNB that I practiced so hard in an actual match earlier. I felt so blessed and actually won. 21-9 on ranked ain't that bad a deal...

I know I'm probably missing the joke here, but you do know he actually says "ERUPTION", right?

HE LOVES YOU is superior, though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
biosnake20 said:

I like Sanford, but that just stank of Saltford right there, sorry.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, as much as it's my favorite 2D fighter, but seriously, every tourney was the same six characters, some which got away with even EASIER things that you can do in MvC3 (Magneto infinite anyone?) - it's not perfect, but a lot of things make this game more fair, more fun, and more hype to watch.

X-Factor in itself may seem cheap in certain hands, but that's the comeback factor that you can counter with your own X-Factor. And I don't know about him, but I love seeing so many varied teams in tourneys now, with everyone running their own style.

Sorry Saltford, sucks you didn't win Winterbrawl, but less complaining, more time in MvC3.

TP

Seraphis Cain said:
I know I'm probably missing the joke here, but you do know he actually says "ERUPTION", right?

Check Voice 50 for Skrull

Not that I'm disputing that this is the saltiest game ever in history - beating out even Mario Kart or Party - but I don't think he was super serious in that vid, I thought it was kinda funny. Just him spreading a bit of salt lol.

I like that's there's a bunch of stupid things in the game, though. Can make some really crazy shit happen. And it's not totally devoid of skill. The game is approaching its 3rd week, still lots to find/get good at/do.

GatorBait

Prototype-03 said:
Why do so many people want infinite time? Does it really bother people time runs out? You have 99 seconds which is a long time. If they run a good keepaway, isn't it the rusher's job to get in and finish it off?

edit: I think it gets exciting when there's 10 secs left and the guy who's losing tries to go all out offensively because they know they're going to lose anyway. Have you seen some of those Hail Mary tactics? It gets stupid but the pay off is big.
I want infinite time because I don't find winning by time-out to be very satisfying. It's really as simple as that. Sure, you can say, "Just get better at the game, and there won't be timeouts." To that I'll say that I've seen quite a few time outs in tournaments and high-level play, and secondly, what does it matter if myself and another mid-level friend want infinite time when we are just playing for fun, using "random all", and experimenting with different teams?

More options can make the game more fun for more people, and in this case, it doesn't take away anything at all from the depth of the game!

Seraphis Cain said:

hercules1181.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sanford is crying like a little bitch.

Salty about competition?
Salty about a game being accessible?
Salty about X-Factor when you have it too?
Salty that your 10 year old skills don't stack up in a new game?
Salty that a new game isn't a carbon copy of a 10 year old game?
"Everyone can do the infinite but a lot of people miss the infinite?"
Salty that the learning curve is softened compared to MvC2?
When skilled players like JWong use X-Factor it's considered "abusing it"?
"I have a life and that's why I don't play the game"?

Dude's had too many dildos put in his ass by better players. Didn't see the first half of that when it was streamed, but dude needs to stop talking and get on his "I'm going to get better" shit before he speaks.

Riposte

I haven't seen anyone effectively attack Sanford's arguments(especially when they are rewritten in a way that's more sensible than a dude having a laugh and shouting on a livestream). "He's salty because he lost!" Yeah, maybe, but he is still right on. MvC2 may have far fewer interesting characters than MvC3 and MvC3 is a pretty good sequel altogether, but it has easy combos=crazy high damage and xfactor making it dumb/shortening the depth(mainly the latter which multiplies the effect of the former). As Sanford said, Magneto infinite(and infinites in general) isn't as big of a deal in the competitive scene. It doesn't even begin to compare to something like Level 3 XFC Sentinel. He is clearly annoyed how much XFC devalues a lot of your actions and strategy in the game. And everyone in that room probably agreed him on some level. There is some stuff that, if removed or nerfed, make the game more fun to play(much more competitively interesting).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Riposte said:
I haven't seen anyone effectively attack Sanford's arguments(especially when they are rewritten in a way that's more sensible than a dude having a laugh and shouting on a livestream). "He's salty because he lost!" Yeah, maybe, but he is still right on. MvC2 may have far fewer interesting characters than MvC3 and MvC3 is a pretty good sequel altogether, but it has easy combos=crazy high damage and xfactor making it dumb/shortening the depth(mainly the latter which multiplies the effect of the former). As Sanford said, Magneto infinite(and infinites in general) isn't as big of a deal in the competitive scene. It doesn't even begin to compare to something like Level 3 XFC Sentinel. He is clearly annoyed how much XFC devalues a lot of your actions and strategy in the game. And everyone in that room probably agreed him on some level. There is some stuff that, if removed or nerfed, make the game more fun to play(much more competitively interesting).
The only difference is, you've articulated your arguments as criticisms, where Saltford has not, and his arguments for why the game is ass do not have critical basis. He is arguing that because new players can be competitive, the game is ass, NOT that X-Factor is overpowered. He phrases it by saying that X-Factor is a noob tool in new players hands, but is abused in pro's hands. That is not criticism, that is being salty.

Rorschach

X-Factor sucks, but level 3 XF is flat out bullshit. I've benefited from it as much as anyone, but it's stupid and needs to be nerfed. If XF was nerfed, it would unbreak Phoenix/Sent a bit.

That said, Saltford is salty as usual.

Zabka

Riposte said:
I remember reading about X-Factor before MvC3 came out and people were talking about 10/20/30% bonus damage for the 3 levels, but I guess that was just speculation. That wouldn't be so bad.

Sentinel (and certain other high hp) characters getting 120% bonus damage for 20+ seconds is fucking crazy.

kirblar

Rorschach said:
X-Factor sucks, but level 3 XF is flat out bullshit.
I don't think you'll find much disagreement about that one. I don't understand why they decided to have X-Factor benefits vary character to character either. It seems like a flat damage/speed increase would have been the most fair way to do it. (And reduce the Sentinel issues.)

i don't use XF except to prevent all the chip damage when other people use it on me. but there are times where people open up and ill get an air combo in with hulk and XF where it basically kills off the person.... from 1 air combo. pretty insane.

as i said before, for player matches they should give you the option to have it on or off

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DryEyeRelief said:
I thought you said you approached this game with an open mind?

I did. But that doesn't make certain things he said less true. I don't agree with the Sanford being Sanford part. Never did. But I agree with how easy the game is and how broken and reliant X-Factor is.

Unlike him, it doesn't bother me too much. I still play and enjoy the game. But I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as SFIV. Even after a decade of preferring the versus games to the more methodical regular SF games.

The fighting community and gamer's mentality has changed since the oldschool fighters so you can't really stick to the same formula. From a business and community aspect, Capcom made a good decision. They are getting new people and gamers into the fold. Now they just need to get a better netcode and spectator mode for the game. We just have to wait and see how long MVC3 lasts. It's obvious certain top players do not like it and some not as much as they thought they would.

Darkman M

Kadey said:
I did. But that doesn't make certain things he said less true. I don't agree with the Sanford being Sanford part. Never did. But I agree with how easy the game is and how broken and reliant X-Factor is.

Unlike him, it doesn't bother me too much. I still play and enjoy the game. But I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as SFIV. Even after a decade of preferring the versus games to the more methodical regular SF games.

The fighting community and gamer's mentality has changed since the oldschool fighters so you can't really stick to the same formula. From a business and community aspect, Capcom made a good decision. They are getting new people and gamers into the fold. Now they just need to get a better netcode and spectator mode for the game. We just have to wait and see how long MVC3 lasts. It's obvious certain top players do not like it and some not as much as they thought they would.

You can say the same thing about old school 3rd Strike players and SFIV. Old school 3rd strike players shit on SF4. 3d graphics? fuck you, no parries? fuck you? Ultras? scrub shit rewarding losing etc.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
No shots fired, but having lvl 3 xfc doesn't mean you're going to win, especially against someone who is on their level. You still need to have execution and some amount of skills to be victorious. Saving xfactor until lvl 3 isn't even the best strategy at times, especially since it has more than one application.

If someone manages to run through your entire squad after you beasted on them, congratulate that man cause you fucked up and let it happen.

That said, I DO think they could have done a better job with balancing it / it on Sent. The smash ball and infinity gems annoyed me more than Xfc does at this point tho.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Holy shit, the combo madness never ends.
Nothing in this vid shocks me, she's the best character in the game. Even no one is using her it's so fucking obvious just from looking at her stuff for at least a minute

Darkman M said:
You can say the same thing about old school 3rd Strike players and SFIV. Old school 3rd strike players shit on SF4. 3d graphics? fuck you, no parries? fuck you? Ultras? scrub shit rewarding losing etc.

Everyone knows sf4 sucks ass though, they just play it cause everyone else is. *waits for 3rd strike online*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just watched Hugh Jackman's Wolverine movie ending.
Deadpool is nothing like in MvC3 :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Darkman M said:

You can say the same thing about any sequel to a fighter but SFIV also took away characters whom were popular and used by certain pros. ROM is going to play SFIV more seriously once AE hits thanks to Yang being brought back in.

And X-Factor and Ultras are two completely different beasts. They both are used for comebacks but X-Factor is on a whole new level. Ultras are harder to do, land and at this point in time, can be avoided by just blocking or neutral jumping depending on what type of ultra. Meanwhile X-Factor, blocking giant beam projectile Hypers can still take away 20-50% chip damage and can be screen filling. Marvel is definitely a game where you shouldn't hold down back too long.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Nothing in this vid shocks me, she's the best character in the game. Even no one is using her it's so fucking obvious just from looking at her stuff for at least a minute
I called it pre-release too, that Viper would be really, really high up there because she has so many options. Not surprised, but those combos are pretty awesome to see, you've got to admit.
Fersis said:
I know who ye are gembit.

Darkman M

Kadey said:
You can say the same thing about any sequel to a fighter but SFIV also took away characters whom were popular and used by certain pros. ROM is going to play SFIV more seriously once AE hits thanks to Yang being brought back in.

And X-Factor and Ultras are two completely different beasts. They both are used for comebacks but X-Factor is on a whole new level. Ultras are harder to do, land and at this point in time, can be avoided by just blocking or neutral jumping depending on what type of ultra. Meanwhile X-Factor, blocking giant beam projectile Hypers can still take away 20-50% chip damage and can be screen filling. Marvel is definitely a game where you shouldn't hold down back too long.

Ehh i agree with Xfactor being to overpowered, get rid of Xfactor 2 & 3 and just have Xfactor 1. I can enjoy both games for what it's worth.

Neki

Fersis said:
deadpool makes me cry in there. :(

also, my c.viper is not getting bad, linking special moves into ex moves is so good, takes so much meter but makes her combo potential amazing.

xabi

Guys, just starting this game. After two days I like it, although definitely takes getting used to after HDr and SSF4. Can you guys recommend a third to round out my wolverine/sentinel team? I picked those to start because they seemed like two decent characters to get used to the rushdown / big power aspects of the game, along with a nice assist to let wolverine get in. I am open to anyone. Thx!

Have been using Doom but he is not doing it for me...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
deadpool makes me cry in there. :(

also, my c.viper is not getting bad, linking special moves into ex moves is so good, takes so much meter but makes her combo potential amazing.
Hey, Reynolds as Deadpool was badass until they made Weapon XI out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom