• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't do so well at the tournament yesterday. Drop a couple of combos. :-/. We played on the PS3 and you can feel the difference. I own the game on both system. I didn't notice that much until certain matches. I won matches because people were dropping combos you see them hit on a regular. It's just a sad thing why two system can't have the same exact game.

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Yup most people in ranked are freaking horrible, I'm rocking a 95% win rate myself.

I can not play ranked matches, always end up laggy. From what I played in ranked it was just Sentinel after Sentinel, pretty easy stuff. I search for 2 person player matches, lets me see connection bars. When you find someone good, you can rematch them too.

Emitan

Had a friend over yesterday and finally played against someone who wasn't a bot or random person on the internet and had one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I love this game so much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DR2K said:
I can not play ranked matches, always end up laggy. From what I played in ranked it was just Sentinel after Sentinel, pretty easy stuff. I search for 2 person player matches, lets me see connection bars. When you find someone good, you can rematch them too.
I do this but... they quit anyways after a game or two so I'm just like fuck it xD

Billychu said:
Had a friend over yesterday and finally played against someone who wasn't a bot or random person on the internet and had one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I love this game so much.

What you enjoyed the game!? You must be a scrub! *sarcasm*

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I do this but... they quit anyways after a game or two so I'm just like fuck it xD

Shit they look at my rank and run as soon as I enter. I only try to enter rooms that specifically ask for a challenge. There are some good people though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DR2K said:
Shit they look at my rank and run as soon as I enter. I only try to enter rooms that specifically ask for a challenge. There are some good people though.
LOL yeah this happens as well, I started getting ignored on gaf chat as well. So just been playing Prototype(the gaffer not that pos game) an hour or two every night.

palpabl_purpura said:
Yes, skill is still a factor, but having to put in days worth of lab time to separate yourself from the common scrub is discouraging. Scrubs in games like SF2/3, VF, etc get destroyed.

So they don't do this in Sf2/3 VF also? news to me

Anyways it sounds like the only dude enjoying this game cuz it Mahvel is Yipes. He's said point blank that he's ass and seems he genuinely wants to improve

QisTopTier said:
LOL yeah this happens as well, I started getting ignored on gaf chat as well. So just been playing Prototype(the gaffer not that pos game) an hour or two every night.

Proto plays it as well?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Infinite Justice said:
So they don't do this in Sf2/3 VF also? news to me

Anyways it sounds like the only dude enjoying this game cuz it Mahvel is Yipes. He's said point blank that he's ass and seems he genuinely wants to improve

Proto plays it as well?

He had it before me. *stupid mom and pop stores, ya I'm jealous*

Oh as for the other guy, that's the joke!

he's basicly saying
I DONT WANT TO PRACTICE
BUT I KNOW IM GOOD
SO WHY DO I LOSE

Sixfortyfive said:
If the game is "easy," and you suck at it, what does that say about you? It's the most brainless argument ever...
This is what's funny :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If the game is "easy," and you suck at it, what does that say about you? It's the most brainless argument ever...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
palpabl_purpura said:
He's right. Modern gaming is a scrubfest across the board, from MvC3 to COD. Gone are the days of skilled competitive multiplayer, which is why I no longer play competitive multiplayer games online. MvC3 is just fine as a one player game for me, along with MW2, SSF4, etc.
This makes me laugh. Any game that requires a certain level of execution, requires skill, be it a high level or low. CoD requires skill. SF4 requires skill. MvC3 requires skill.

It upsets me when you hear CS:S and SF2 players talking shit about new games, and can't distinguish accessibility from scrubfests. I can't think of a game out today that takes "no skill."

DR2K said:
Scrubs get destroyed in this game too, my 90% win rate says so. I barely spend any time in training mode. I just read the guide, watched some streams, and did a couple of missions in mission mode. This is a new game, old rules do not apply.

I'm not speaking from my personal experience, but from what others are saying. Yes, it's an exaggeration, but the point is that the entry point is lower now that it used to be in the past. Like I said, I'm offline only at this point.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
palpabl_purpura said:
I'm not speaking from my personal experience, but from what others are saying. Yes, it's an exaggeration, but the point is that the entry point is lower now that it used to be in the past. Like I said, I'm offline only at this point.
So you don't know shit and are just listening to sore losers that get their asses handed to them? :D

Grecco

I kind of wish it was "Scrub friendly" id be doing a hell of alot better than i am now.

Especially after getting a TE stick, i totally suck. If it was so "scrub friendly" id be owning people.

Its just dumb complaints from losers.

Volcynika

QisTopTier said:

You weren't around the last time I was in chat! I haven't truly experienced a fighting game until I get torn apart by you. D:

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
enzo_gt said:
This makes me laugh. Any game that requires a certain level of execution, requires skill, be it a high level or low. CoD requires skill. SF4 requires skill. MvC3 requires skill.

It upsets me when you hear CS:S and SF2 players talking shit about new games, and can't distinguish accessibility from scrubfests. I can't think of a game out today that takes "no skill."
I do understand when a game is criticized for deemphasizing skill, though. The trick is to make the game accomodate a full range of skill levels.

Not that all such criticisms are justified, of course. Fighting games have been relatively fortunate in this regard where the developer isn't actively discouraging competitive play.

Nert

I suppose it all depends on the definition of "scrub" that we're working with. I can do basic air exchange combos, but I also still struggle to do the dragon punch motion consistently : /

Still having a wonderful time, though!

After a couple weeks of playing, I'm willing to admit this game doesn't play as much like Jojo's as I thought.

Still, lots of moves ripped straight out of it though. The only assist that works like a stand attack is Chun. I wish there were aerial assists.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Hitokage said:
Not that all such criticisms are justified, of course. Fighting games have been relatively fortunate in this regard where the developer isn't actively discouraging competitive play.

Except in Smash. Oh wait, that's not a real fighting game. *whistles*

QisTopTier said:
So you don't know shit and are just listening to sore losers that get their asses handed to them? :D

No, I do know shit, cause I've been gaming since you been in diapers. So when old school players speak, I listen. Someone who has been around as long as Sandford gets my respect as a fellow long-time gamer. New bloods have no respect. They always think they are right, but they're absolutely clueless when it comes to gaming.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
palpabl_purpura said:
No, I do know shit, cause I've been gaming since you been in diapers. So when old school players speak, I listen. Someone who has been around as long as Sandford gets my respect as a fellow long-time gamer. New bloods have no respect. They always think they are right, but they're absolutely clueless when it comes to gaming.
If this is a troll I give it 7/10.

Darkman M

palpabl_purpura said:
LOL this guy I's just trolling us now right?

Hugbot

palpabl_purpura said:
hahahaha you're my favorite

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hitokage said:
I do understand when a game is criticized for deemphasizing skill, though. The trick is to make the game accomodate a full range of skill levels.

I understand that as well, but this distinction is a distinction that has to be made. Between making something blatantly open to the point where there is no depth and is dumbed down to the point where chance is too big of a factor. Think instagibs in MvC3, whoever gets the first grab in wins.

Then there is the side Sanford doesn't see, or isn't articulating: that certain things can be fixed to alter the ebb and flow of the game so it isn't weighted so much on small mistakes. That encompasses much of the backlash from the community, including X-Factor's buffs and the high damage output. These are critical complaints, not whining and bitching because *your* not able to do well in this game, and are pointing fingers.

palpabl_purpura said:
You sound pretty clueless if your rating opinions by age instead of critical value though.

palpabl_purpura said:

lol

palpabl_purpura said:

Is this for real? Seriously? I mean did you type that crap with your own hands and when you were finished you thought "This is acceptable"?

Kimosabae

Banned
haunts said:
why are smash players so godlike at marvel tho!? lmao

If this is even a half serious question, I'd surmise the freedom of movement Marvel offers is much more attractive than a game like SSF4.

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
I'm just surprised that there's this much negativity compared to when SF4 came out.

There was a ton of negativity for SFIV when it came out. Ultra's and back dashing in particular were bitched about.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
palpabl_purpura said:
Didn't know this game came out in 1986 YOU TOTALLY GOT ME THERE BRO

DR2K said:
There was a ton of negativity for SFIV when it came out. Ultra's and back dashing in particular were bitched about.
lol I still get annoyed by ultras, but that's mostly cause I use seth xD

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
palpabl_purpura said:

I think MvC3 is the best game of all time.

I've been gaming since Spacewar came out in the 60s so if you disagree, you are wrong.

Everybody who's anybody agrees that Jojo is the best game ever made. Even drunk haunts said so!

VV7NE.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Billychu said:
MvC3 is the best game since hoop and stick. Haven't played hoop and stick? Fucking casuals!
Hoop and stick is for pussies real men play dirt clod wars

God's Beard said:
Everybody who's anybody agrees that Jojo is the best game ever made. Even drunk haunts said so!

I place darkstalkers 3 slightly above it :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lost Fragment said:
I think MvC3 is the best game of all time.

I've been gaming since Spacewar came out in the 60s so if you disagree, you are wrong.
Billychu said:
MvC3 is the best game since hoop and stick. Haven't played hoop and stick? Fucking casuals!
:lol :lol :lol

OT3 by tommorow night.

palpabl_purpura said:

sandford

Ferrio

Banned
Bah lost my 2nd game in ranked. I was dominating, then this guy's dante 3 lvl xfactors kills off my team. Couldn't react to the teleports fast enough.

Riposte

The idea to just drop all competitive gaming is hilarious. Entirely irrational. Man, to even bring up Call of Duty's campaign too... crazy lol. I am on the reverse end, I am done with playing single player CoD because it is so dumb, but can sink a lot of hours in the multiplayer.

Ferrio said:
Bah lost my 2nd game in ranked. I was dominating, then this guy's dante 3 lvl xfactors kills off my team. Couldn't react to the teleports fast enough.

With stuff like this happening i wonder if Capcom would adjust some X-Factor properties in a patch

Ferrio

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
With stuff like this happening i wonder if Capcom would adjust some X-Factor properties in a patch

It was less the xfactor, and more my reacting to teleports sucks. Add lag, and they're a bitch to deal with for me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Infinite Justice said:

Why would they patch this cause he couldn't react, the only thing that would be fixed is his hand eye coordination or the net code :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom