• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odinson

enzo_gt said:
GGs Bark! You've definitely improved from the last time I played you. Sorry about the lag and stuff.

I've been putting in some time in the lab. Eh..It was just the first couple of matches. After that everything was smooth.

smurfx

get some go again
all you new members of marvel gaf add me to xbox live. smurfxzilla is my name on there. challenge me if you dare!

Smurf I'd body you if I was on XBL!! My team is point sent, dante, anchor wolves

On air exchanges, is there a reason people don't do these more often? They're so good!!

Caj814

Making a last "farewell" combo video for Vanilla MvC3 before UMvC3 comes out. Was wondering if there are any team combinations anyone would like to see?

Neki

Caj814 said:
Making a last "farewell" combo video for Vanilla MvC3 before UMvC3 comes out. Was wondering if there are any team combinations anyone would like to see?
any team with Wolverine/Phoenix, amirite?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Caj814 said:

Dormammu/X-23/Dante

or

Taskmaster/X-23/Dormammu

Caj814

Karsticles said:
As much as I love him, Dormammu and combo videos just don't go together.

Caj, I'd love to see some Morrigan or Shuma-Gorath.

I already got some Dorm stuff with some interesting results. I'm already doing lab work for Morrigan and really behind and lacking on Shuma but I'll see what I can do.

smurfx said:
all you new members of marvel gaf add me to xbox live. smurfxzilla is my name on there. challenge me if you dare!
He is lying to you all. He'll spend all day on ranked and you'll never even fight him once!
Tobe1 said:
try the exchange glitch combos with ammy those look really nice and make decent damage.
It'd be fun, but I don't see the point in practicing a combo that will not exist anymore lol.
Caj814 said:
My Hsien-Ko/Morrigan/Ammy team. Five bars and XF makes for a pretty cool DHC combo that most people have never seen due to my team makeup.

I already got some Dorm stuff with some interesting results. I'm already doing lab work for Morrigan and really behind and lacking on Shuma but I'll see what I can do.
I know Dormammu can do some stuff, but most of it involves just launch-canceling into one of his Liberations, or doing a Dark Matter juggle at some point. There's not much he can do to style mid-screen unless it's off of an air grab.

If you want to include Dormammu, you could give this a try though:
Call Magneto EM Disruptor and Mass Change H, j.H, j.LHS, j.LHS, c.M, Dark Matter, c.H, s.S, sj.MMHS, Purification, Chaotic Flame

I'm pretty sure that works, but you might have to drop the Dark Matter. It also works with Mass Change M, but the Mass Change H combo is less well known so people will get more hype about it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and just for fun, I've always wanted a video that shows Dormammu launch canceling into 2D1C during XF3. Just launcher into 2D1C deals almost 1 million damage for him, and it is never disappointing to see your opponent's lifebar just suddenly disappear in a flash.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
Just don't get in a fight!
LOL I'll most likely have my bodyguard with me, but anyways I'm actually really humble and nice irl. I know how to draw the line on stuff. If it seems like I'm trash talking it's just me playing around. I mean if we all gave hugs to each other and didn't debate anything SHIT WOULD GET BORING :D

Besides I wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked from some dude raging, I can press charges :D

LProtag

Hm, 3 months until Ultimate comes out? I guess if I could get a copy of this for cheap I would.

How much will my game get thrown off from the nerfs/changes? I figure I'd just be getting used to it and then it would all change, so I'm not sure.

The changes are big enough to make the game much more interesting, but small enough that you can adapt to them if you pick up a copy of MvC3 right now and start playing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
Really, a bodyguard? Or do you just mean you'd bring a friend with you?
He's a childhood friend that doubles as a bodyguard :D also one of my game sparing buddies :D He moved away 2 years ago though so we rarely get to hang out. But he's always been one to throw himself into danger, hell he stopped another one of our friends from getting shot a few years back. I really do miss the dude, so hanging out at evo with him next year (I hope) should be fun :D

Buff ass 300lb Samoan dude lol

True story, he suplexed some dude through a sliding glass door. The funny thing is he is normally timid as hell. Hell little kids always run up to him at random AND PICK ON HIM. Like just walking around in the mall and a little girl will run up punch him then run away LOL. Or this one time a little boy had one of those sticky hand things and he was just eating lunch. The kid just walked up slapped him in the face with it twice stuck his tongue out and walked back to his mom.

On a game related note, I'm picking up storm. :D
After much thinking after coming back to the game it seemed like the strongest character I could put on my team and make everything work the same still.

Storm just became much less cool to me because she can't call assists post-superjump anymore.

Now if she gets one of her winds as an assist, then she will have my interest again. Pulling people into Purification would be hilarious.

shaowebb

I got a question for Gods Beard.

How long does Ghost Riders hellfire breath assist seem to hold folks? Is it around the same amount of time that say a Chun Li kick assist or Unibeam assist holds someone?

If so him and Spencer will have some lovely combo extensions together.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
Storm just became much less cool to me because she can't call assists post-superjump anymore.

Now if she gets one of her winds as an assist, then she will have my interest again. Pulling people into Purification would be hilarious.

Wait, did they take away being able to call assist while flying though? *runs off to look at notes*

shaowebb said:
I got a question for Gods Beard.

How long does Ghost Riders hellfire breath assist seem to hold folks? Is it around the same amount of time that say a Chun Li kick assist or Unibeam assist holds someone?

If so him and Spencer will have some lovely combo extensions together.
No idea, not many people I saw were using that assist.

Tobe

tonight xbl was trolling gaf HARD. smurf and i got pinned together at least what 3 times? in the end we ended up even, i think? hope to get a couple of matches with you smurf other day first to 5 or something.
still im free to lame style of play specially taskmaster with a good zoning assist and/or zero with a good offensive assist. thats probably why smurfs team is like my worst match up ever :/

anyways i haven't had that much of a good time on ranked since a long time.
even though im fucking stuck on 4th lord and the stupid bar isnt moving, at least tell how many more wins do i need

MahvelGAF needs some fresh meat. I got bored weeks ago.
Tobe1 said:
tonight xbl was trolling gaf HARD. smurf and i got pinned together at least what 3 times? in the end we ended up even, i think? hope to get a couple of matches with you smurf other day first to 5 or something.
still im free to lame style of play specially taskmaster with a good zoning assist and/or zero with a good offensive assist. thats probably why smurfs team is like my worst match up ever :/

even though im fucking stuck on 4th lord and the stupid bar isnt moving, at least tell how many more wins do i need
Easily over 120 matches with some twenty win streaks in between if you are somewhere around half.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you remember. That very first Fingercramp stream, the one they did guard crush in place of Sp00ky. Andre was doing commentary and looking like he enjoyed being around the FC people. I guess it was foreshadowing if you think about it.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
MahvelGAF needs some fresh meat. I got bored weeks ago.

Easily over 120 matches with some twenty win streaks in between if you are somewhere around half.

you can always aspire to beat me. :p

smurfx

get some go again
Tobe1 said:

i think you won the match up. gg man your phoenix has improved. i still refuse to snap phoenix in! had a ton of success today against mighty, high and master lords. still need to work on my new zero cross up. got caught a few times today and got punished hard because of it. i know i should use zero's buster shot more but i'm a lazy man and what i'm doing now works but i know if i use buster shot it will make my zero that much better. i'm close to being 500 games over .500! by the time i get there i think i will be at 1st lord. i'm really close right now as it is.

Ultimoo said:
you can always aspire to beat me. :p
Not as long Tron assist lives. I've never run into insurmountable barriers before and not even Phoenix has stopped me. Tron and Haggar are the unmovable object to my unstoppable force.

Wait, did they take away being able to call assist while flying though? *runs off to look at notes*
No, but jump -> fly is so much slower and less safe than superjump -> float.

I thought God was more appropriate than a sex researcher from the Kinsey Institute. Both are pretty sweet, though.
The avatar is a downgrade.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sanford is absolutely hilarious right now. I don't know where to even start with what he's saying hahahaha

He wants to ban Phoenix hahahaha Jaxl is completely right with this domino effect.

EDIT: Dude almost got the Dark Phoenix kill with Spidey, mistimed it. DP reached the ground and X-Factored before she could've been air grabbed.

EDIT2: He hit it the second time. Always awesome to watch.

Kimosabae

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
I can't tell if they like or hate the game.

Fighting game community will/has always been a paradox fueled by its competitive attitudes and reliance on corporate agendas. No one will ever agree on what a "good" competitive game is in the community for too many reasons to list. It's just part of the problem with playing videogames as a competitive outlet.

Totally agree with Sanford regarding VF. I can't play the game because the characters are simply to blah for my tastes.

Same with Tekken, actually.

Dahbomb

What's the point of banning Phoenix now that UMVC3 is coming with a nerfed Phoenix?

Oh wait nevermind it's SALTFORD. Why doesn't he take a page from his own book and pick a top tier?

But he gets respect points from me for using Storm and getting as far as he did.

Totally agree with Sanford regarding VF. I can't play the game because the characters are simply to blah for my tastes.

Same with Tekken, actually.
I'm very aesthetic in my character choices as well. <3 Dormammu.

What's the Phoenix nerf? Been out of the UMVC3 news.
She can only perform one special in the air before having to touch the ground.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
I'm very aesthetic in my character choices as well. <3 Dormammu.

She can only perform one special in the air before having to touch the ground.
Also, she has less health.

And I'm also another person who only plays characters who look good, and another person who can't stand VF. I don't give a shit if it's balanced, it's the most bland collection of characters in any fighting game. Much like Kimo, I have that problem with Tekken too, but to a lesser extent.

If a character doesn't look good or isn't attractive enough playstyle-wise for me to warm up to their aesthetics, I won't play them. Could care less about competitive viability and the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom