• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikashi

Banned
Yeah I think I'm done with this game. Doing long ass chain combos with Tron into 3 character DHC and getting less damage than a sent doing a simple 5 hit chain into hyper, with shit netcode ensuring I drop the combo half the time and eat a bigger one. Bare bones online mode, no spectating, no way to browse matches by lag, no replays, and you get kicked back to title screen if you dare to search for a match instead of doing 'fight request'.

I was really looking forward to this game, but I think it's just too much 'hay look at how broken we made this game it's like MvC2' and then the game getting more broken from there. It's just not fun to play, and now any chance I had to try to learn is gonna get destroyed with the fact you can kill anyone with 1 meter, so basically get hit once = die.

I'll maybe try again if there's a patch but I'm not gonna bother trying to learn any characters that look fun, it seems this game is geared towards high damage characters that don't need any real skill to do GIGANTIC damage with, and if you chose anyone else you're basically just handicapping yourself.

GG capcom. How dare you charge full price for this crap, srsly.

Alrus

El Sloth said:
The rumor could be true, but that screen is a fake.

The bit of Strider you see is from this art:
OJscR.jpg

The screen is probably fake but that image isn't the same as the bit of Strider seen in the screen. Sword isn't at the same angle and the wrong leg is up.

Nikashi said:
Yeah I think I'm done with this game. Doing long ass chain combos with Tron into 3 character DHC and getting less damage than a sent doing a simple 5 hit chain into hyper, with shit netcode ensuring I drop the combo half the time and eat a bigger one. Bare bones online mode, no spectating, no way to browse matches by lag, no replays, and you get kicked back to title screen if you dare to search for a match instead of doing 'fight request'.

I was really looking forward to this game, but I think it's just too much 'hay look at how broken we made this game it's like MvC2' and then the game getting more broken from there. It's just not fun to play, and now any chance I had to try to learn is gonna get destroyed with the fact you can kill anyone with 1 meter, so basically get hit once = die.

I'll maybe try again if there's a patch but I'm not gonna bother trying to learn any characters that look fun, it seems this game is geared towards high damage characters that don't need any real skill to do GIGANTIC damage with, and if you chose anyone else you're basically just handicapping yourself.

Really long combos are generally a bad idea in this game because damage scales down the more hits you do. Tron's attacks tend to do a lot of hits on top of that, so the scaling is even worse. By the time you DHC into two other characters, their supers would be doing next to no damage. A few hits into a super can do more damage at that point.

Sent still does crazy damage, but shorter combos will add up to more damage for your team.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nikashi said:

Sent sucks. I guess everyone uses zangief in sf4 cause he does the most damage right. ;D No but honestly, unless the player is really really good at high level sent is a walking punching bag.

I'll tell you the 3 best characters in the game, you can argue against it and I'll just lol.

1.c.viper
2.Wesker
3. Phoenix

All these take effort to use, and have pretty drawn out combos to pull off big damage. Sounds like you just are SUCKING block yo block.

Ferrio

Banned
Well got my third loss in ranked. THis time due to a sent+leilei super armor. I was pinn downed at full screen due to sent's beams, couldn't seem to get a super jump off. When I did and got halfway in, leilei +beams would push me right back.

kiryogi

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Sent sucks. I guess everyone uses zangief in sf4 cause he does the most damage right. ;D No but honestly, unless the player is really really good at high level sent is a walking punching bag.

IAWTP. I love how big he is!

Dreavus

Odd... I wonder why Maximum Spider doesn't count for the DHC trick. Seems like one of the more elaborate hypers as far as cinematics go.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
voodoopanda said:
Really long combos are generally a bad idea in this game because damage scales down the more hits you do.

If you can do them consistently, long combos are good because you build more meter. Tron can build crazy amounts of meter with her combos. Same deal with Viper, Magneto, etc. Simple combos might do more damage, but doing longer combos is like investing for later on in the match. Or later on in the combo if you want to DHC into a lvl 3 or something, and damage scaling doesn't apply to those so you should get as many hits in as you can beforehand.

Depends on the situation and what your overall strategy is so it's not always a good idea, but yeah, I wouldn't say that long combos are generally a bad idea.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Well got my third loss in ranked. THis time due to a sent+leilei super armor. I was pinn downed at full screen due to sent's beams, couldn't seem to get a super jump off. When I did and got halfway in, leilei +beams would push me right back.

super jump after the standing beam, when you block hsienko dont pushblock at all, wait for him to use her again, will prob mash a S, she will come out again, he will do an attack, jump over her, smack his huge ass in the fucking face if he did something other than S if he did S block, attack on the way down.

Nikashi

Banned
QisTopTier said:

I'll tell you the 3 best characters in the game, you can argue against it and I'll just lol.

1.c.viper
2.Wesker
3. Phoenix

All these take effort to use, and have pretty drawn out combos to pull off big damage. Sounds like you just are SUCKING block yo block.

Blocking is fine until Sent level 3 xfactors and does as much block damage with his hypers as any of mine do unblocked. I think it's the lag that's fucking me up, I can hit HUGE combos in training perfectly, but I drop them 100% of the time online so any combos that take a bit of timing are useless, and sents' combos are pretty much impossible to whiff so it's a case of "oh shit I dropped my combo, oh well I guess I'm dead". Maybe if I could play offline I'd have more fun, but right now, the shit netcode just makes the game un-fun to try to get good at. (The lag is so bad I can't even jump out of sentinel beam spam half the time without ending up blocking them and getting pushed back).

Also fuck Wesker for having an unblockable Hyper if you're not back against the wall. Shitty broken crossup bullshit ><

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nikashi said:
Blocking is fine until Sent level 3 xfactors and does as much block damage with his hypers as any of mine do unblocked. I think it's the lag that's fucking me up, I can hit HUGE combos in training perfectly, but I drop them 100% of the time online so any combos that take a bit of timing are useless, and sents' combos are pretty much impossible to whiff so it's a case of "oh shit I dropped my combo, oh well I guess I'm dead". Maybe if I could play offline I'd have more fun, but right now, the shit netcode just makes the game un-fun to try to get good at. (The lag is so bad I can't even jump out of sentinel beam spam half the time without ending up blocking them and getting pushed back).

Also fuck Wesker for having an unblockable Hyper if you're not back against the wall. Shitty broken crossup bullshit ><

Find out who lives close to you and spar with them all the time, the net code seems really fucking ass past the 100 ping range.

and honestly I'll eat weskers Hyper all day it does prob some of the worst damage in the game as far as hypers are concerned. sure it's really annoying but hey oh well... that and I can counter random ones on reaction with taskmaster *counter super on ground, arrow super in the air* xD

he can get hit by projectiles during it, so if you think they are going to do it just stick some out get hit by two hits and he flies into the projectile.

Honestly though most of the big easy damage characters are not that great.

Nikashi

Banned
Right now my team is Tron/Morrigan/Ryu, but that wasn't taking tiers into account at all, just some people I could use easily. Without removing Tron, can anyone offer me advice on good characters, that aren't TOO difficult to get into, but also don't have the 'omg what a fucking cheap-ass' playstyle?

I mostly picked the other 2 because 1. Ryu's beam hyper shuts down alot of shenanigans and 2. Morrigan has a nice easy OTG ultra that I can DHC from.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nikashi said:
Right now my team is Tron/Morrigan/Ryu, but that wasn't taking tiers into account at all, just some people I could use easily. Without removing Tron, can anyone offer me advice on good characters, that aren't TOO difficult to get into, but also don't have the 'omg what a fucking cheap-ass' playstyle?

I mostly picked the other 2 because 1. Ryu's beam hyper shuts down alot of shenanigans and 2. Morrigan has a nice easy OTG ultra that I can DHC from.
replace ryu with akuma with tatsu assist :D

Nikashi

Banned
QisTopTier said:
replace ryu with akuma with tatsu assist :D

Akuma is made of paper though :/ would he be like, assist only, only to be used as last character? If so I might try Tron/Deadpool/Akuma hrmm

Nikashi said:
Yeah I think I'm done with this game. Doing long ass chain combos with Tron into 3 character DHC and getting less damage than a sent doing a simple 5 hit chain into hyper, with shit netcode ensuring I drop the combo half the time and eat a bigger one.

Bare bones online mode, no spectating, no way to browse matches by lag, no replays, and you get kicked back to title screen if you dare to search for a match instead of doing 'fight request'.

I was really looking forward to this game, but I think it's just too much 'hay look at how broken we made this game it's like MvC2. . .
I'm just waiting for the "Super" version with all the DLC for $20

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nikashi said:
Akuma is made of paper though :/ would he be like, assist only, only to be used as last character? If so I might try Tron/Deadpool/Akuma hrmm

Use Akuma as your last guy. Unleashing Lvl 3 xfc with Akuma is unreal

n3ss

aka acr0nym
QisTopTier said:

1.c.viper
2.Wesker
3. Phoenix

You can type nonsense, and I'll just lol.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:
Trish
Captain America
Magneto
Dante
Storm
C.Viper

Wesker
Akuma

That list needs Deadpool. People are slouching on him too much. Guy has got it all going on. :)

I don't think Captain belongs on "no major weakness" list as I've yet to see or fight a good one that can keep people off him. Some lower health characters on that list, but that's not a big deal anymore since almost anyone can die now from their opponent starting their combo string. Zero, other than low health, has an insane amount of options and mix ups available. Marn has shown exactly what that character is capable of on point.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Top 3 MVC3 Right NOW: Mags, Sent, Phoenix

Top 3 MVC3 6 Months From Now: Mags, Dante, Phoenix

edit re: capam - his major weakness is he needs an assist to do anything at all. lmao

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Finally fought a good thor, match was over in less than 25 seconds.... D:

This intrigues me since the few times I messed with Thor online against friends I felt like I had cinder blocks tied to my feet. Who did he use to assist him to get started on his offense?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
This intrigues me since the few times I messed with Thor online against friends I felt like I had cinder blocks tied to my feet. Who did he use to assist him to get started on his offense?

Tron and shehulk

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Phoenix really is the most ridiculous character ever put into a Capcom fighter. I'm sorry I ever doubted Killian at this point.

Right now there's no other match-up in the game that just sucks all of my willpower and hope out of my body at the VS screen.

EDIT: Woah what the fuck I went back in time. :O

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im not sure how much of this game i can play online anymore. Obvious gripes aside its seriously affecting my execution. I feel like i gotta hit the lab for an hour after every session just to detox and get my timing back in order

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sixfortyfive said:
Phoenix really is the most ridiculous character ever put into a Capcom fighter. I'm sorry I ever doubted Killian at this point.

Right now there's no other match-up in the game that just sucks all of my willpower and hope out of my body at the VS screen.

EDIT: Woah what the fuck I went back in time. :O

Just happened to me too, in the Yakuza Of The End thread. What the hell is going on here? o_O

EDIT: AND AGAIN HOLY SHIT. GAF's fluxcapacitor is on the fritz or something...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looking at how clean these inputs were just put me to shame, especially on the long-ass Dante combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUCNH_ygkZs&feature=player_embedded

I mean, I've got my TE stick for almost three years now, and even though moves come out perfectly, I almost always have one extra input, maybe even two that show up. I know I don't play fighters as much as I used to, but that earned my respect right there.

Parts of the combo include jump-cancels as well so some stuff that's going on there is actually a bit more complicated as well. There's an almost-Mag infinite in there at the end for those who want it as well.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Nose Master said:
Very hard isn't really indicative of your skill. Just cheese it with Sentinel for the cheevo, and practice against real people.

Sentinel is going down very quickly, I'm starting to troll sent with wolverine... such a bad ass counter its not even funny lol ;)

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
zlatko said:
That's been one of the reasons teams I've wanted to make happen are discouraged, because too many of the characters I like are low health ones. My few mistakes could cost me a fight so fast, but a well rounded team with bigger health characters can afford to play more risky.

I'd like to do Zero, Akuma, and C.Viper, but I know I'd get blown up way too much. :p

You should run that team! I run Wolverine, Zero, Akuma... 100% rush team. So much resets and crossups its not even funny! Had my first perfect with that team and I think it was all done with the zero magic.

Besides 800 from 900 like most character isn't that much of a difference... The only char made of glass is phoenix.

zlatko

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
You should run that team! I run Wolverine, Zero, Akuma... 100% rush team. So much resets and crossups its not even funny! Had my first perfect with that team and I think it was all done with the zero magic.

Besides 800 from 900 like most character isn't that much of a difference... The only char made of glass is phoenix.

I may give it a whirl on friends and some non ranked to see how it fairs.

Right now I run Zero, Sent, Deadpool more than any other team. It's a really strong set up because I can play keep away or rush down, while all of the characters compliment each other extremely well. Plus, sent drone assist into Zero air dash to cross up blows up so many scrubs online.

I don't like to play full rush down or full zoning in MvC3. I like to feel like I'm not at a disadvantage at any point on screen. It's a shame I can't get that Magneto loop down that's become the standard for him, because if I could I'd probably work him into Dpools spot or maybe Zero's.

What happened to the Skrull love by the way? Seems like he got pushed way off in people's minds. I played one yesterday that blew up my whole team. I forgot who his other team mates were, but this guy knew exactly when to punish with the from air crash dive, and when to scare me into blocking to get his command grab off. Skrull is scary as hell if you're playing someone who isn't mashing tenderizer lol. :)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So I've finally put some time into this game and played through Arcade mode a few times with Amaterasu, Hulk and She Hulk. They seem to be a fun combo on Easy (got rid of Very Easy after beating it once) with Spencer and Deadpool as my other favourites. As an absolute beginner I'm not finding it too complicated but the training missions past mission 4 are just too much for my dyspraxic fingers to handle! Do any experienced fighters have tips on cancelling moves? I just don't think I'm fast enough on the button presses or there's some other game mechanic that's needed. /scrub

Any PS3 players need a punching bag? My ID is in my profile.

Threi

notag
Bonus for that scaling reset video is the spencer combo trag is using for his bnb...sucks that it's position-specific though.

Now im considering replacing skrull with felecia.

QisTopTier said:
If literally 99% of the "major" pro players have Sent in their team, and so does a good 50% of the higher ranked players in ranked. I'm pretty sure he's one of the best, if not the best, char in the game

ah! I am getting slaughtered by meter building players who save them when the clock is low and run the clock with endless projectile hypers!!

fuck me and am so blahed and can't get in.

I need a good battery character to build me own meter so Hulk later can go for the Gama Crush and fuck them up

zlatko

Banned
Sir Garbageman said:
I think you could probably throw Task and Morrigan on the list as well.

My time with Task is limited but his ability to get in on people isn't that solid. If he does get in he can keep up a ton of pressure, he can deal out a lot of damage, and he's also got a good keep away game with arrows. Not sure at all about Morrigan though. Most people who use her are just keeping her around for assists purposes when I play against teams who have her on their team.

The Abominable Snowman said:
If literally 99% of the "major" pro players have Sent in their team, and so does a good 50% of the higher ranked players in ranked. I'm pretty sure he's one of the best, if not the best, char in the game

This. My ultimate definition of what's broken or overpowered is weighed by how much you see something, whether its a fighter in a fighting game, a weapon in a FPS, or how much you see a specific game mechanic being used.

zlatko

Banned
Darkman M said:
Phoenix CAN rape Sentinel with a huge strap on.

Fixed. If she touches him, much like any character she starts on, she can destroy them. However, if Sentinel touches her once she's done. So really she just has to fish out the Sentinel player to be stupid enough to commit to something super unsafe, teleport behind him, and blow him up. If she isn't given that opportunity though, she better hope to fuck she isn't the one who screws up even once, because Big Poppa Pump will slap frying pans across the face to send her back to the kitchen really fast.

webrunner

QisTopTier said:
he's basicly saying
I DONT WANT TO PRACTICE
BUT I KNOW IM GOOD
SO WHY DO I LOSE

If it's like this:

DON'T WANT TO PRACTICE
BUT I KNOW THAT I AM GOOD
SO WHY DO I LOSE

Then it's a haiku!

Status