• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

salva said:
Yeah, x factor is fucking retarded. I was playing against this guy and killed two of his characters easily. All he had left was hulk so he x factored and killed all of my 3 characters that nearly had full health with that special where he jumps.

How fucking retarded.

I've done that a few times.

Opponent calls all 3 characters for a team hyper combo thinks they'll chip me to death, fucking any XFC lvl cancelled into GAMMA CRUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So good.

PBMax

salva said:
Yeah, x factor is fucking retarded. I was playing against this guy and killed two of his characters easily. All he had left was hulk so he x factored and killed all of my 3 characters that nearly had full health with that special where he jumps.

How fucking retarded.

Block.

dankir said:
I've done that a few times.

Opponent calls all 3 characters for a team hyper combo thinks they'll chip me to death, fucking any XFC lvl cancelled into GAMMA CRUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So good.
No, he didn't kill them at the same time. He killed one character and once the new one appeared, he would special and I couldn't block.

Neki

salva said:

How fucking retarded.

ultradavid tells you what you can do instead of complaining about x-factor:

94577740.gif

deal with it.

edit: or were you this guy:

xfgammacrush6q6a.gif

stop putting all your eggs in one basket.

salva said:

How fucking retarded.

So...why didn't you use your x-factor as well when you were down to your last character?

Or did you choose to burn it early and not realize that was your mistake that cost you the match?

Hugbot

salva said:

How fucking retarded.
You can block by holding away from the opponent on your joystick.

DR2K

Banned
Sentinel is so fucking stupid, ugh. Just fucking damn it, there's broken, then there's dumb and broken.

i usually dont use xfactor to win at all. the only time i use it is when my opponent uses it in a desperate attempt to win. so i use it and just block (no chip damage) until his runs out. sometimes he might get some chip damage in if i have more characters left, but just dont open yourself up.

pretty awesome when someone (mainly coldblooded) tries to xfactor cheese me with akuma, so i XF with hulk to prevent chip damage, then by chance he leaves himself open and i basically kill him with one XF hulk combo

Morris

Disco Devil
DR2K said:
Sentinel is so fucking stupid, ugh. Just fucking damn it, there's broken, then there's dumb and broken.

You shouldn't be complaining since you play phoenix...

Also, this game's matchmaking is broken. It matched me against 'Fighter' rank players for 5 times in a row even though I have it set on 'Rank: same' and i'm a 6th lord...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i usually dont use xfactor to win at all. the only time i use it is when my opponent uses it in a desperate attempt to win. so i use it and just block (no chip damage) until his runs out. sometimes he might get some chip damage in if i have more characters left, but just dont open yourself up.

pretty awesome when someone (mainly coldblooded) tries to xfactor cheese me with akuma, so i XF with hulk to prevent chip damage, then by chance he leaves himself open and i basically kill him with one XF hulk combo
If you're going to use XF defensively, use it to guard cancel into an invincible hyper.

Best way to counter somebody else's XF3 imo. Wastes their precious XF time and prevents them from even healing until your attack stops.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sixfortyfive said:
If you're going to use XF defensively, use it to guard cancel into an invincible hyper.

Best way to counter somebody else's XF3 imo. Wastes their precious XF time and prevents them from even healing until your attack stops.

This. I try to save XF for precisely this, especially against Sent scrubs who always try to save XF for Sent in case he's the last one standing (and usually is, as they tend to protect him at all costs).

Speaking of Sent, I'd have to agree he's not "broken" at all. In fact, he's looking pretty bad against a number of key characters at this point - characters you're likely to find on common team make-ups right now.

HOWEVER, I also agree that he is "dumb". The sad part is, I like giant robots, so I think he's really cool to have in the game, and I actually like his fighting style. But he is definitely a massive troll in that he's a noob roach motel. Noobs run it, then die against decent players who take Sentinel apart at the seams.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble with connecting to friends who send me invites, is this just me? At first I thought it was just one guy, but both Prototype and another friend on my list sent me invites tonight and I got 'failed to find game session' for both. Tried connecting a few times to the latter actually, it wouldn't click. :/

On a different note, I really kinda wanna learn Ammy now, haha. Was annoying some Dante / Ryu / Sent player earlier with her, despite only knowing the basics.

DR2K

Banned
Morro! said:
You shouldn't be complaining since you play phoenix...

Eh, beating Phoenix is all about luck. Beating Sentinel requires a freaking team change, I can beat him and I know he has weaknesses, but half the cast can't exploit it, so you really have to build a team just around him. I wouldn't mind all that if it wasn't on auto pilot.

I guess i should stop using Phoenix on point so much, lol.

Neki

Ammy only needs two combos to kill Sentinel, or 1 if you use x-factor level 2 or more, and it requires only one meter, woot! Ammy also zones the crap out of Sentinel, so if you really hate Sentinel, you can play Ammy. :p

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Ammy only needs two combos to kill Sentinel, or 1 if you use x-factor level 2 or more, and it requires only one meter, woot! Ammy also zones the crap out of Sentinel, so if you really hate Sentinel, you can play Ammy. :p

I really only use Ammy for cold star.

Neki

DR2K said:
I really only use Ammy for cold star.
well she matches up fantastically against Sentinel, and you can still continue only using cold-star against Sentinel. zoning like no one's business.

LakeEarth

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble with connecting to friends who send me invites, is this just me? At first I thought it was just one guy, but both Prototype and another friend on my list sent me invites tonight and I got 'failed to find game session' for both. Tried connecting a few times to the latter actually, it wouldn't click. :/
It has never worked for me once.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
salva said:

How fucking retarded.

I heard blocking was hard in this game vs slow characters .

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It's pretty easy to run from Hulk. Sometimes though, when he activates lvl 3 xfactor I get scarred and panic D:

GuiltybyAssociation said:

On a different note, I really kinda wanna learn Ammy now, haha. Was annoying some Dante / Ryu / Sent player earlier with her, despite only knowing the basics.

Sorry, Apollo joined before you did and I don't have the room bigger than 2 ppl, haha.

People of the fighting genre universe! I have bought my first ever fightstick! =] its the basic SFIV from Mad Catz, I figure if I REALLY get into the genre more I'll order better parts.

zlatko

Banned
Shuma's hypers are a joke. They do no damage. I'm guessing his level 3 is also one of the weaker ones since they used Arthur to get the KO screen to happen.

I'll eat crow if need be, but his trailer makes him look ass in terms of damage and combo potential. I'm sure someone will find something awesome about him, but I really hope that's not how much his level 1's do...that's just god damn sad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Shuma's hypers are a joke. They do no damage. I'm guessing his level 3 is also one of the weaker ones since they used Arthur to get the KO screen to happen.

I'll eat crow if need be, but his trailer makes him look ass in terms of damage and combo potential. I'm sure someone will find something awesome about him, but I really hope that's not how much his level 1's do...that's just god damn sad.

He has the best assist in the game? seems good enough to me, plus mystic smash is safe on block, that's retarded alone.

*edit err second best assist lol haggar*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
Which assist is that?
Ok imagine captain commandos beam super, now imagine it going from the ground otging and going straight up into the air, and shooting full screen. This is now an assist.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
zlatko said:

If you notice, they used Arthur in his underwear to make it do even more damage, lol.

Dartastic

Okay. X-Factor is kinda bullshit. I was just beasting on someone (literally, with Ammy) who will not be named on this forum, and he threw out an x-factor and storm with 4 meters. Chipped Sentinel to like, 1/6th health from full. Really hurt Ammy too. Fuck that.

Barrage

Dartastic said:
Okay. X-Factor is kinda bullshit. I was just beasting on someone (literally, with Ammy) who will not be named on this forum, and he threw out an x-factor and storm with 4 meters. Chipped Sentinel to like, 1/6th health from full. Really hurt Ammy too. Fuck that.

...Couldn't...Ammy full screen Hyper...OR Mist...Counter that?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
zlatko said:

His combo potential seems pretty good going by the guide book.

http://shoryuken.com/f376/enter-chaos-dimension-shuma-gorath-combo-thread-266258/ (817,000 with level 3 super)

His other combos do 448,000 (No super), 666,900 (Corner 1 superbar), 617,800 (1 superbar), 778,100 (1 superbar)

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Mister Wilhelm said:
The book also says everything about him is subject to change prior to release.

The trailer could also be misleading as well, I'm sure it wasn't made recently.

The damage on the supers seems about inline with the guide book.

Also, in the trailer you can already see one loop. I think he will turn out fine to be honest.

One thing I wonder though if you can do level 3 and if you tag him out will the timer stop? If so that would be boss as fuck, and it would be inline with other supers that have timers in this game. :lol:

Dahbomb

Dartastic said:
Use your own X Factor to negate the chip damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom