• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just messing around with this in training mode yesterday. :D
It was under my nose. I was messing with the MH Power Slash loop and thinking "hmm, I wonder if there's some way around this". Voila, but I was a bit too slow for it.

DarkoMaledictus
Nice custom title.

I was just curious because she still had full red health when she gets hit as an assist, so I was wondering if it counted as chip.
That's how all assists take damage. I wish it counted as chip! Nothing makes me more sad than one bad call taking my Hsien-ko from 100% to 0%. Just like Dr. Doom, she is...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DarkoMaledictus said:
That's retarded... mashers and newbs new strategy its official... I hate this game has such easy execution. Was training yesterday and frankly I have almost no need to go into training to practice my combos anymore.

In less than a few months there isn't going to be much new tech.. heck its not like you can go over a 100% combo ;p. Ah the the good ole days of hard execution and rare combos because they were freaking too hard...
If your talking Street Fighter-kind of execution, I don't want that shit in my fighting games. I like fighting games focused on strategy rather than wrestling with a controller to do what you intend to do. A reason why I enjoy the Vs. series more than mainline Street Fighter series.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
If your talking Street Fighter-kind of execution, I don't want that shit in my fighting games. I like fighting games focused on strategy rather than wrestling with a controller to do what you intend to do. A reason why I enjoy the Vs. series more than mainline Street Fighter series.
Even then it's not hard. Once you get muscle memory down it's well muscle memory. There are very very very very very very VERY few combos in the fighting game world that are actually hard and there is no such thing as a rare combo......

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
enzo_gt said:

I can understand that, different strokes for different folks that's all. We all have are reasons to love fighting games. Some are old schools, some are new school all good man, was just saying my peace and I can understand other people love the easier execution!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
there is no such thing as a rare combo......

Q you are misreading, "rare combo" in the sense the execution is hard so not everyone and his 70 year old mother are performing it online... Dialing "ABC one two three" ;p ain't exactly hard stuff you know ;).

QisTopTier said:
Even then it's not hard. Once you get muscle memory down it's well muscle memory. There are very very very very very very VERY few combos in the fighting game world that are actually hard and there is no such thing as a rare combo......
There's always the multiple 1-frame combos that can't be plinked or double tapped like C.Viper cancels or half the combos in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarkoMaledictus said:
I can understand that, different strokes for different folks that's all. We all have are reasons to love fighting games. Some are old schools, some are new school all good man, was just saying my peace and I can understand other people love the easier execution!
Go play as c.viper/felicia/"real combos ryu"/Trish/Storm/Phoenix/Magneto/Chris

Then and stop bitching seriously

DarkoMaledictus said:
Q you are misreading, "rare combo" in the sense the execution is hard so not everyone and his 70 year old mother are performing it online...

I've seen TWO people that actually do real combos in this game playing randoms online, the rest are generic simple short combos. Everyone is NOT doing the full fleshed out stuff this game offers.

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:

Eh, that's kind of bull when you're constantly seeing dropped links in high level play. (SFIV).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
There's always the multiple 1-frame combos that can't be plinked or double tapped like C.Viper cancels or half the combos in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
I didn't say they don't exist, I just said they are super rare.

DR2K said:
Eh, that's kind of bull when you're constantly seeing dropped links in high level play. (SFIV).

Dropped links are rare in "high level play"

:( I miss guilty gear the only game daigo quit cause it was too hard LOL

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
I've seen TWO people that actually do real combos in this game playing randoms online, the rest are generic simple short combos. Everyone is NOT doing the full fleshed out stuff this game offers.

The players I have on my list are doing them, and they are far from ssf4 combo masters. But anyway its derailing...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
DR2K said:

Yeah I still drop a hell of a lot of stuff and I'm no pro. Heck Diago drops then sometimes so yeah not easy as pie...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Funny after my post yesterday, but I got a job making MVC3 and COD videos. We'll see how it goes, but it's only going to be part time. Planning a bunch of Marvel stuff already. Will let ya'll know.

LeMaximilian said:
Funny after my post yesterday, but I got a job making MVC3 and COD videos. We'll see how it goes, but it's only going to be part time. Planning a bunch of Marvel stuff already. Will let ya'll know.

Good stuff, Max!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarkoMaledictus said:
Yeah I still drop a hell of a lot of stuff and I'm no pro. Heck Diago drops then sometimes so yeah not easy as pie...
First sentence is irrelevant, second one is well everyone has off days.

LeMaximilian said:
Congrats Max. It must be fun being able to monetize something you do for fun anyway. Is it through Machinima or something?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
First sentence is irrelevant, second one is well everyone has off days.

Just saying you see it all the time, even at marn's execution level you see dropped combos all the time lol. I would say dropped combos are a lot more frequent than what you would have us think...

Btw Q don't have to get mad, were just talking about a freaking game lol ;).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarkoMaledictus said:
Just saying you see it all the time, even at marn's execution level you see dropped combos all the time lol. I would say dropped combos are a lot more frequent than what you would have us think...

Btw Q don't have to get mad, were just talking about a freaking game lol ;).

No I was more so basing it off Japanese GG player level of execution, not marn :lol

Besides, even if the hardest of hard combos by mvc3 are piss poor easy, you still have to have knowlage of the systems in place and how to land and avoid them. You still lose during that while saying those people suck, what does that make you?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
_dementia said:
Congrats Max. It must be fun being able to monetize something you do for fun anyway. Is it through Machinima or something?

Not Machinima, but they revolve around the same business model. Gotta start recording eveeerything now D:

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LeMaximilian said:

noice. looking fwd to it. sorry i missed your invites lately. ive had notifications off cuz ive been recording and forgot. lmao.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
No I was more so basing it off Japanese GG player level of execution, not marn :lol

Besides, even if the hardest of hard combos by mvc3 are piss poor easy, you still have to have knowlage of the systems in place and how to land and avoid them. You still lose during that while saying those people suck, what does that make you?

That's all I'm saying man, just think execution is a lot easier than other games. Not salty at all from loosing, heck its the other way around. Just find it sometimes funny some dudes strat can revolved around mashing and its somewhat effective... sure he gets blown up, but in most games it would of been perfect after perfect on his ass.

Nakazato

so im trying to get the waiting for trade trophy and i have beat the game with everyone thats not Jill and Shuma-Gorath do i need need to beat it with those 2 to get it ??

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
haunts said:
noice. looking fwd to it. sorry i missed your invites lately. ive had notifications off cuz ive been recording and forgot. lmao.

Butthead! Haha, I got on right when you did last night and was all mega-amped to get some local connection games in. :(

Almost finished my mvc3 theme stick ^^ :
rednamart1.th.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnvaJIEyVc

hitsugi

LeMaximilian said:
Butthead! Haha, I got on right when you did last night and was all mega-amped to get some local connection games in. :(
Dude.. You're so cal. Maybe not that close to the valley as I am but certainy not far either. Get some games in with Richard and them or hit up a WNF. I picked up a contract last week that was too good to pass or I would have been there with THAISTYLEZ818 :lol

Might make a showing soon though.

GatorBait

The fighting game community can really be an unappealing place to venture into sometimes. It often frames the player population as being only the 1% of players who play in competitive tournaments and 99% scrubs.

I appreciate the fact that GAF has a lot of mid-level players who don't buy into the criticisms and attitudes espoused by major tournament level players.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GatorBait said:
The fighting game community can really be an unappealing place to venture into sometimes. It often frames the player population as being only the 1% of players who play in competitive tournaments and 99% scrubs.

I appreciate the fact that GAF has a lot of mid-level players who don't buy into the criticisms and attitudes espoused by major tournament level players.

Bububu I thought the hardcore scene was the only reason this game exists!

dralla

for people playing chris, what do you do against people who super jump at you? land mines? assist? is there anything else he can do?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kimosabae said:
If you think training mode is only good for practicing combos, you've already outed your scrubbiness.

Nah one of the many reasons... . Funny how some people try to read what they want to prove a point... ;p

Ferrio

Banned
dralla said:
for people playing chris, what do you do against people who super jump at you? land mines? assist? is there anything else he can do?

Speaking of chris, I think the most enjoyment I got outta LeiLei was watching chris eat his own magnum bullet.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
dralla said:

Mines, flamethrower and vertical assists like dante will help you a lot. Also some people are using haggar invinc assist as a get out tactic.

I would say both dante and haggar would compliment his game nicely as to prevent people from getting in mid level and getting people out when they are on top of you.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
HK-47 said:
Bububu I thought the hardcore scene was the only reason this game exists!
Someone on SRK a month ago argued with me for an hour about how MvC3 would not have been made if it wasn't for Sentinel.

I was dumbfounded.

Morris

Disco Devil
Nakazato said:
so im trying to get the waiting for trade trophy and i have beat the game with everyone thats not Jill and Shuma-Gorath do i need need to beat it with those 2 to get it ??

You need to get the Galactus ending. Just let him kill you and don't continue.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sixfortyfive said:
Someone on SRK a month ago argued with me for an hour about how MvC3 would not have been made if it wasn't for Sentinel.

I was dumbfounded.

Yeah I saw that. It was like you were arguing with a particularly dull wall.

RS4-

dralla said:

Dash under them if you can, you don't have to worry about assists since they're super jumping. Mines aren't bad, neither is the flamethrower. About the latter though, it's still risky since they might land on your head rather than the flame.

Ferrio

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
Mines, flamethrower and vertical assists like dante will help you a lot. Also some people are using haggar invinc assist as a get out tactic.

I would say both dante and haggar would compliment his game nicely as to prevent people from getting in mid level and getting people out when they are on top of you.

Hidden missles or Dorm's Purification assist would proably help a lot.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
RS4- said:
Dash under them if you can, you don't have to worry about assists since they're super jumping. Mines aren't bad, neither is the flamethrower. About the latter though, it's still risky since they might land on your head rather than the flame.

Dante' jamm session assist will prevent super jumps, it goes vertical and might stop people from trying to get too close. Seen that strat countless of times and it seems to work.

Neki

I'd love to use Doom assist or Sentinel assist, but I can't play Doom worth crap and Sentinel...is well Sentinel. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom