• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
No worries, I'm gonna put it on practice mode again. That's how I found counters to your stupid swing.
Spidey Swing!......AHHH MY BALLS ARE ON FIRE IT BURNS

God's Beard said:
Not if you use a hit box :)

Using sent doesn't mean you don't know how to block I was more referring how open his attacks leave him and besides once you are close you are free to run all over his face.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Sixfortyfive said:
Nope. Japan in general doesn't give much competitive thought to Marvel (or TvC, for that matter). There are some decent players though. Obligatory link.

I'd like to see that change for MvC3 though. High-level international play is always hype.

Yo, I don't know how I missed this, but that shit is hilarious.

"That shit is FREEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Every time.

edit: Ferrio, whenever he uses spidey swing, use standing.M with Dorm. Will beat it clean.

edit 2: giggity

It's more the block strings that kill me, and trying to get on him with she hulk. I'm sure she hulks hyper could catch him, but I have yet been able to get it off.

Ferrio

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Hitboxes banned from tourneys? I haven't been keeping up with rules / news on the tourney scene.

Some of the modified buttonsticks allow you for dual inputs. So you can press forward/back same time and block any attack. Also SF4 you can hold a charge while walking forward. I believe someone said the real hitbox controllers don't allow you to have those two inputs at the same time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omg watching that Juggernaut build meter is the funniest shit I've ever seen.

EDIT: Man, watching that Japanese player gameplay is so refreshing.

Ferrio said:
Some of the modified buttonsticks allow you for dual inputs. So you can press forward/back same time and block any attack. Also SF4 you can hold a charge while walking forward. I believe someone said the real hitbox controllers don't allow you to have those two inputs at the same time.
SF4 is coded not to allow that. Marvel allows contradictory inputs though.

_dementia said:
SF4 is coded not to allow that. Marvel allows contradictory inputs though.

Really? That seems really silly to have your game system rely on the physical limitations of a piece of controller hardware. I'll have to try adding my own "walk forward while blocking" button to my custom stick and see if it works.

Uggh, why is C.Viper's jump cancel so hard? I can cancel her thunder knuckle M after hit more often, and that's a 1-frame link compared to the 3-frame jump cancel.

TheFightingFish said:
Really? That seems really silly to have your game system rely on the physical limitations of a piece of controller hardware. I'll have to try adding my own "walk forward while blocking" button to my custom stick and see if it works.
It won't, you'll stop moving when you hit the second button until you let go.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ferrio said:
It is trivial to mod a TE so that you could chain 2 of your unused buttons to left or right. Banning custom input devices won't solve anything.

This is a legitimate problem with the game, not the controller.

LegatoB

Sixfortyfive said:
...I know what a Hitbox is.

What I'm saying is that if you banned hitboxes, you could just mod a TE to effectively do the same thing. Nobody would know without opening it up to verify.

True. I don't even know why they would have to coding in there. Wonder if you can press on the d-pad and the left stick and do the same thing.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Prototype-03 said:
True. I don't even know why they would have to coding in there. Wonder if you can press on the d-pad and the left stick and do the same thing.
You can, actually. It's already been tested.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Prototype-03 said:

You can.

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
I spit my drink out reading that Taskmaster has a hard time getting in :lol

Also xfactor felicia is the best character in the game...*xfactor only* I just gotta get used to controlling her in lag now LOL

What do you do to get in? Is it behind assists? That's the only way I can get in is by calling in an assist then dashing towards them since he covers good space on his dash, but I always feel like if I web swing towards them to get in I get blown up.

Threi

notag
so i decided "why not play one match of ranked, haven't in a while"

run into team scooby doo. First thing i do? Snap in JEEEEANE

after that? Kill her in one combo using doom assist > magic series > air magic series > instant air H grapple > air S > armor piercer (was going to cancel into bionic grapple but she died on that hit)

Me and Scooby tangle for a bit, he tried to zone, spencer aint takin none of that shit. He had me low so i did a bionic lancer DHC into skrull torch. Managed to chip him out.

In comes Fred (wesker) and i hit doom's assist to keep him in blockstun, follow up with a command grab after the last hit, catches him, dash tenderizer, skrull torch. got him in the corner now, catch him with a dash standing L (hits low) > air magic series > tenderizer >

ragequit.

said all of that to say this: feels good man.

Woot! I just modded an oct-gate into my TE stick. I was heavily advised to tough it out on the square, but I figured the less I have to worry about whiffing moves the quicker I can focus on getting better. I've only played around with it for a few minutes but I can already notice my execution is vastly improved with certain motions. Before, consistently doing simple stuff like Wesker's teleports/counters and Viper's Hammers were giving me grief (particularly online). Now? "Over here, over here, over here, over here, over here, are you frightened!?"

I'm pretty excited.

Grecco

Ezenzer said:
Woot! I just modded an oct-gate into my TE stick. I was heavily advised to tough it out on the square, but I figured the less I have to worry about whiffing moves the quicker I can focus on getting better. I've only played around with it for a few minutes but I can already notice my execution is vastly improved with certain motions. Before, consistently doing simple stuff like Wesker's teleports/counters and Viper's Hammers were giving me grief (particularly online). Now? "Over here, over here, over here, over here, over here, are you frightened!?"

I'm pretty excited.

Awesome my oct gate shipped today. so excited.

Neki

Any advice on double jumping while performing a combo? Every time I do my second jump in my air combo, my immediate m or h always whiffs and they fall back to the ground. I watch Chun players do it all the time so well, lol. Viper is a beast though.

Ultimoo said:
Any advice on double jumping while performing a combo? Every time I do my second jump in my air combo, my immediate m or h always whiffs and they fall back to the ground. I watch Chun players do it all the time so well, lol. Viper is a beast though.

Do the combo slower before the double jump.

LordK

Ultimoo said:

With Chun-li, you have to make sure the opponent is higher than you. If you wanted to launch into MMH->jc->MMH->jc->MMH, you shouldn't do the first MMH right when you launch them. Wait until you're higher in the air.

Then there are lightning legs which pushes them up so you can head stomp (if you're close enough to them) after lightning legs to push Chun-li back up over the opponent. That lets you do more legs and what not without even using another jump.

Ultimoo said:

Your last hit of the first air series to the tap up to the first hit of the second air series needs to be fast and precise. Also, make the first hit as close to the ground as possible. Training room or mission mode for characters with double/triple jump missions (VJ comes to mind alongside Chun/Deadpool/Dante for missions involving double/triple jumps) are your friends.

Also, you want to be slightly below, as the others said.

Threi said:
said all of that to say this: feels good man.

Scooby = Ammy?

zlatko

Banned
Ultimoo said:

Generally when you launch, the first M M H or w/e series you do, either has to come out really quick so you hit the buttons as you go up, or you slow it down so you hit closer to when they would get reset in the air.

Another thing to keep in mind is for some of the air combos you have to jump up and towards the opponent after launch twice, others land more consistently if you do a jump towards, then a neutral jump after the air series. At certain spaces you may even have to do two neutral jumps to get it to land consistently. Mess around with it to see which works. Trish's in particular I remember being weird timing if that's who you are looking at.

Grecco said:
Awesome my oct gate shipped today. so excited.
Man, Grecco, now that I see how ridiculously easy it is to mod the TE stick I have all sorts of ideas in mind. As soon as I settle on some good art I'm definitely getting a custom plate and buttons to match. I think I might go with a bat-top too.

Ah, to think I've spent most of my life playing fighters on a pad...

zlatko said:
Mess around with it to see which works. Trish's in particular I remember being weird timing if that's who you are looking at.

Trish's is effed up because she's so slow/floaty with the jumps. Getting her missions that required double jumping done were a pain in my ass. :\

RedSwirl

I appreciate this game being easier to learn than MvC2 (which I was terrible at), but most of the time I win here it's purely by accident. Thinking of going back to SSFIV - a much more controlled game.

Neki

Thanks for the advice guys, will try it the next time I'm in the lab. I just finished practicing air combo series into ex burn kick and then near the ground, launch them up into another air series and finish with l. seismic hammer + hyper OTG, feels good when you get it. If I can get the double jump combo it'll give me even more damage and meter, and I love meter on C.Viper, rofl.

Solune

corrosivefrost said:
Trish's is effed up because she's so slow/floaty with the jumps. Getting her missions that required double jumping done were a pain in my ass. :\

Her jump's kind of like Spiderman's in that regard, but it's worse in her missions in that, her hitbox on her Air M is particularly high, so you kind of have to slow down the way you do her air magic series and delay your jump slightly after the launcher.

Grecco

Ezenzer said:
Man, Grecco, now that I see how ridiculously easy it is to mod the TE stick I have all sorts of ideas in mind. As soon as I settle on some good art I'm definitely getting a custom plate and buttons to match. I think I might go with a bat-top too.

Ah, to think I've spent most of my life playing fighters on a pad...

Hah. Stop reading my mind. Also spent most of my time on a pad. Also plan on moddidng it more with a bat top. I wanted to get Red/blue/white buttons like the SF cabinet http://www.cloutonline.com/2009/02/take-it-back-tuesday-x-street-fighter-2/ which was my first love in gaming :)

Solune said:
Her jump's kind of like Spiderman's in that regard, but it's worse in her missions in that, her hitbox on her Air M is particularly high, so you kind of have to slow down the way you do her air magic series and delay your jump slightly after the launcher.

Very true. Took me forever to figure out I needed to delay the SJ cancel, do it up toward instead of up, and hit the first m of mm>j>mh>whatever early because the hitbox was high. :|

Yeah, x factor is fucking retarded. I was playing against this guy and killed two of his characters easily. All he had left was hulk so he x factored and killed all of my 3 characters that nearly had full health with that special where he jumps.

How fucking retarded.

Eiji

salva said:
Yeah, x factor is fucking retarded. I was playing against this guy and killed two of his characters easily. All he had left was hulk so he x factored and killed all of my 3 characters that nearly had full health with that special where he jumps.

How fucking retarded.

HULK SMASH!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom