• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

n3ss said:
Body us, and then leaves cause you drop a combo... For shame! GGs though! I need to decide on a team still, I switch every day. :-/
I was looking for a rematch after how badly I got wrecked that second match also. :p

Degen

Hulk is officially my favorite character. OCVs all over the place. Ranked players go brain-dead when they can't just run up and combo. Team SMH all day

Formless said:
If they patch this game sometime, I hope they give an option to put the Training mode menu music as the Versus mode menu music. :|
My request list is as follows:

- the other half of the game

Neki

SolarPowered said:
She certainly has the most potential to gain that title at this point...

The thunderedge combo?

I think all you have to do is....

S to knock them to the ground from the air
Diagonal downwards+H
Glaive chop immediately aftewards qcf+S
Standing M
S for the relaunch

If you want to be basic. I'm not sure if you can sneak any other attack into that specific sequence, but there it is.

Weapon changes are so hard to do for some reason, my mind comprehends it, but my hands can't follow the same movements. Anyone have any suggestions? (The suggestions on the double jump were good, I can easily do it now) I wish I could pull off the S from air into Glaive Diagonal H and then qcf+s, would actually let me use the meter I get on Ammy, lol.

zon said:
I'm still stuck in character limbo, I want dormammu but I'm not really sure which other characters I want in my team. :/

I'm having a ton of fun with Dormammu, speedy character du jour (Deadpool, Ammy, She-Hulk in constant run mode, Super Skrull), and Hulk as my assist-only, level 3 X-Factor if he ends up alone cheese factory.

Now I don't win a whole lot, but I'm still having a ton of fun.

Prototype-03 said:
I think you mean that if you put more time, your team of ammy/IM/dorm would do better in the long run than mashing with phoenix.

I try not to mash with Phoenix. Normal Phoenix, if I have the time or still need to get level 5 gauge, I try to zone using her traps and TK Shot. When people try to avoid Phoenix and let time run out, I have to rush in with combos to get them worried. With Dark Phoenix I use TK Shot H to cover my approach and then wail on them.

The first time I used Dark Phoenix in an online match, I wasn't familiar with her and tried just mashing. The guy wiped the floor with me and I learned I still needed to familiarize myself with her moveset and combos before really using her.

JeTmAn81

Degen said:
Hulk is officially my favorite character. OCVs all over the place. Ranked players go brain-dead when they can't just run up and combo. Team SMH all day

Feel like sharing any of your Hulk strategies? I've been doing pretty well for him, but I have a tendency to just spam Gamma Charge over and over. I love nailing Gamma Crush after knocking them off their feet with the Charge. This works fine to an extent, but it's not an intelligent strategy and smarter players will just block everything. The problem is, I don't have a lot of tools for getting in and starting combos with him.

Actually, that's a problem for me with most characters. I generally just spam some special moves and hope for the best. I very rarely actually get into a real combo series on anyone. This is currently my glass ceiling with this game, going from simply launching powerful special moves to truly reading my opponent's defense and selecting the right offense for opening them up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Degen said:

Hey look, hyperbole in the MvC3 thread! Isn't it a sight?

Alucrid

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Ahh, I see it now.

It's a standard launch into the air followed by...

H attack 3X max in the air
Head charge H (qcf+H) in the air
Standing S

I don't now if you can continue it indefinitely without an OTG assist, but that should definitely be it. It's deceptively simple...

Makoto is awesome.

They just can't handle so much awesome in such a cute package.

:3

Awesome. Thank you....time to go to practice!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
n3ss said:
Body us, and then leaves cause you drop a combo... For shame! GGs though! I need to decide on a team still, I switch every day. :-/

lol come play local! online is wiggity wiggity wack

Karsticles said:
I would actually say the worst teleport in the game:
1) Always appears in the same spot.
2) Choreographed.
3) Limited follow-up.

You're nuts. The only teleport better is Phoenix. Dormammu's is infinitely worse, and Deadpool's fucks up every third time. Jill's requires her to be in a stance where she can't block. Dante's is fast and he can hit people after. That's really all he needs. Wesker can't effectively anti-air people with his teleports.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
You're nuts. The only teleport better is Phoenix. Dormammu's is infinitely worse, and Deadpool's fucks up every third time. Jill's requires her to be in a stance where she can't block. Dante's is fast and he can hit people after. That's really all he needs. Wesker can't effectively anti-air people with his teleports.

*jumps up and air grabs plain as day teleport* HURDUR

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
How can you grab when in blockstun from doom's beam eh eh?
Who the hell stays grounded vs dante? *not me*

Let me put it this way, I've fought vs most of these tactics already enough to see how they work and get around them. Just cause it sounds really awesome or you've fallen for it, or had success with it vs others over and over doesn't make it the best shit ever.

Nakazato said:
so gaf my gf was playing this afternoon look what we got

[://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/FFXI_Isamu/PIC_0030.jpg[/IMG]

Then we sent him 4 invite since he was still talking shit

now were BL but it was all worth it LOL

Going by that exchange sounds like your the one who got powned.

God's Beard said:

Is it really better if the teleport is always the same?

GuardianE said:
The difference is, the broken shit in MvC2 was exclusive to a few select characters. In MvC3, almost every character has loops/infinites or some exploit.
See, what you don't know, is that every character in MvC2 has a confirmed infinite. It's just that the weaker characters don't have the tools to reliably set them up during normal gameplay.

NeoCross

Fucking hell Sentinel is so gay it makes me rage, maybe it's because since ALL my friends have sentinels on their teams.

Sentinel/Zero is especially rage worthy. Zero's uppercut assist almost feel Psylocke-ish then sent proceeds to ram steel up your ass.

USD

enzo_gt said:
That Zero level 3 does so much fucking damage with X-Factor, goddamn.
And since it's non-cinematic, it hits assists. Definitely has to be one of the best in the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
viewtiful_dru said:
See, what you don't know, is that every character in MvC2 has a confirmed infinite. It's just that the weaker characters don't have the tools to reliably set them up during normal gameplay.

It's really irrelevant if they don't have practical setups for them. My point is that MvC3 seems to be a more balanced game than MvC2 despite "broken" stuff. At this point in time, that's pretty much true.

Seems like everyone playing online is angry and/or complaining about spammers, cheapers and quitters... does that mean all of the low-level players have quit already? I still haven't gone online yet, must be why I'm still having fun.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ultimoo said:
Where have you been all day? How are you going to get 600+ posts again with this paltry posting rate you have right now?
I'm on vacation. No games and little neogaf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
Spiderman hitting the upper limit of the screen is fucking classic. :lol
What move was spidey doing there? I want to test this shit out and see the Shield Helicarrier in all it's sexiness.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just noticed something. On the PS Store, the Shadow Battle DLC is labeled as "Shadow Battle 01", thus implying that there will be more. The costume pack, however, is just labeled "Costume Pack". You'd think that if they had plans for any more, the one that's currently up would be numbered like the Shadow Battle stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom