• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degen

JeTmAn81 said:
Feel like sharing any of your Hulk strategies? I've been doing pretty well for him, but I have a tendency to just spam Gamma Charge over and over. I love nailing Gamma Crush after knocking them off their feet with the Charge. This works fine to an extent, but it's not an intelligent strategy and smarter players will just block everything. The problem is, I don't have a lot of tools for getting in and starting combos with him.

Actually, that's a problem for me with most characters. I generally just spam some special moves and hope for the best. I very rarely actually get into a real combo series on anyone. This is currently my glass ceiling with this game, going from simply launching powerful special moves to truly reading my opponent's defense and selecting the right offense for opening them up.
I use the Charge a lot less than I should, tons of potential with that. But more Wave from me than any other special move, just to remind the opponent that standing back and shooting stuff isn't free on Hulk. Morrigan's meter-building assist also encourages the opponent not to stay back. At close range, it baits the opponent to try and attack, making Hulk's armored moves successful often.

More than anything, I like to rush in and go for his basic combos that deal crazy damage. Armored moves land easily. In the corner (which is where the opponent usually runs to), a whole lot more craziness is possible. For example, using Air H into Air S to start a combo is a killer.

After enough armored moves land, sometimes the opponent will just sit in the corner, waiting for you to try another one. If you catch on, you can walk up and throw them for free.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well if you find your execution going to hell, just take about 5 days off from the game and you'll be better than ever. I'm so on point tonight it's ridiculous.

Alucrid

Banned
Chamber said:
Well if you find your execution going to hell, just take about 5 days off from the game and you'll be better than ever. I'm so on point tonight it's ridiculous.

Well...I haven't played in a week or so (Xenogears and Vagrant Story :|) and just got back tonight.

Azure J

DJ Dormington bustin' out his "Like This, LIKE THAT?" single on stream. I seriously can't hear anything else after that video when he uses Purification Tower. :lol

NG28

I was easily winning a ranked match and the dude just pulled the plug. Am I going to get the win or does this game just act like nothing happened. If its the latter, I probably won't bother with ranked anymore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NG28 said:
I was easily winning a ranked match and the dude just pulled the plug. Am I going to get the win or does this game just act like nothing happened. If its the latter, I probably won't bother with ranked anymore.
You wouldn't survive 15 minutes playing Halo if this is so upsetting.

Good games, Pardia, I learned a lot getting my butt kicked.

I'll probably hit up training for a few days before I do any more sessions. That was too ridiculous.

hitsugi

AzureJericho said:
During the Buddha/Wong match when they used Felicia & Morrigan:

"This *** is the closest you losers will get to Darkstalkers 4 :D"

I sadface'd. :(
Damn :lol

Probably true, though :(

hitsugi

GeoNeo said:
Rofl at Jaha dude is taking shots at aris for being Arab an now he was cracking Jew jokes. What the.. :lol:

Jaha will never change..

there's just less kids for him to throw in the pond, these days.

...and there's no pond.

:(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
hitsugi said:
Jaha will never change..

there's just less kids for him to throw in the pond, these days.

...and there's no pond.

:(
Yeah that's why I like him. He is also really awesome on alphaism radio :lol

GeoNeo

I disagree.
USD said:
Wow, Jaha and UltraDavid talking about new fapping technology.
They did not talk about the top tier strat of side wanking.

Headphones + boxers = ninja silent strat of pulling yo dick out the side of your boxers and wanking if someone walks in it gives you at least some time to tuck your boner back inside your boxers

:lol Next level tech

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol at that girl accidentally saying she needs to take a giant shit on the stream.

Someone needs to make a compilation of funny things people have accidentally said on streams.

Neki

man I just got raped by Zero + Sentinel assist, so annoying. Zero just spams qcb + h while the drones are out and I can't do anything. I need a good drones assist. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom