• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

dankir said:
Can anybody tell me which DMC game Trish and Dante's themes are from? I want to hear the originals.

thanks!

Trish's theme, as mentioned before, is a reworked version of the main battle theme "Lock 'N Load" from DMC1. Dante's theme is a reworked version of the main theme of DMC3, "Devils Never Cry".

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I hope this game survives as being play competitively until next year. It's sooo much fun to watch, and I can't wait to see it at Evo. I'm just hoping this game doesn't devolve into using the same dudes doing the same combos. I want to see variety in the fights, I think that's what makes SSFIV fun to watch - and what makes this game even better to watch.

Solune

dankir said:
Can anybody tell me which DMC game Trish and Dante's themes are from? I want to hear the originals.

thanks!
Dante's theme is called "Devil's Never Cry". It plays during the prologue and also while the credits are rolling.

If you want to check out DMC3 battle themes they are

Taste the blood - Battle music before mission 13
Suffer - Boss battle music
Devine Hate - Battle music after mission 12

Edit: Fuuuuuuuu beaten by AzureJericho

dankir

a8a40314f38a69190b0e92a1977327c0.jpg

BAWWW, Ammy as a cat and Felicia uhhh is now even more cattier?

:)

dankir

Nose Master said:
That's been my new wallpaper since last night, lol.

Whose the cat lying on it's back with the purple jacket supposed to be? To the right of Hulk cat and above Viewtiful Joe cat

dankir

Teknopathetic said:
"Whose the cat lying on it's back with the purple jacket supposed to be?"

I'm going to guess Tron as that's the only character left.

lol dammit I was look for the green robot suit.

Dartastic

I seriously need to get better with Dante. I feel so scrubby when I use him, but I think I should try and get better with him as an alternative to Phoenix or Ammy. ...probably Phoenix. :p

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
NubInaTub said:
How good did Max and Clockword do?

Won 5 lost 2. I believe I tied for top 16? Not entirely sure. Beat Valle and HustlerBrian during the run. Had a blast and played a truck load of casuals. Hardly ever lost during those, was building quite the crowd haha. I don't do well at tournaments as I never go to them usually. But last night was so much fun.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
When people talk about option-selecting air throws, do they mean they're using forward+MH to airdash which also counts as an airthrow?

ReiGun

xero273 said:
looking at it right now. No sound. what resolution are you using?
Resolution is set at 640 x 480. Medium bandwidth. And it's strange that you're getting no sound. That's the first I've heard that today.

xero273

ReiGun said:
Resolution is set at 640 x 480. Medium bandwidth. And it's strange that you're getting no sound. That's the first I've heard that today.

refreshed. got sound now. so that is good. everything works. I don't see any skipping on the stream. Quality is okay. Have you tried using 640 x 360? That would fill up the whole justin tv player because right now it's a lot of black space.

ReiGun

xero273 said:
refreshed. got sound now. so that is good. everything works. I don't see any skipping on the stream. Quality is okay. Have you tried using 640 x 360? That would fill up the whole justin tv player because right now it's a lot of black space.
Just changed it. Also tried changing the frame rate. Just refresh. Thanks.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm really surprised how many messages on PSN I get from people telling me gg and contemplating me after I rock them. Zero salt what so ever... why is PSN and Live so different?

It's very enjoyable, but I just feel as though I'd have a much better time if there was more to do. A bigger roster would be ideal. Whenever I play the game and see the amount of effort Capcom put into each of the characters (personalized dialog, text speech, and other little touches), it amazes me that they bothered going through all of that trouble with somebody like Hsien-Ko or Felicia instead of characters people actually care about (sorry Darkstalkers fans). Despite some of the great choices that Capcom made with the roster, there are some completely underwhelming and baffling characters to choose from that just don't interest me in the least bit. I don't necessarily have a problem with the roster consisting of 36 characters but rather the 36 that they chose to include. I can't see myself ever wanting to touch half of the roster outside of getting their titles and gallery stuff.
I can agree with all of this. If DLC characters stops at 4, this game will be a major disappointment in that sense. I think the proliferation of "oddball" characters is part of why we see so many Dante/Wesker/blahblahblah around. Here's to hoping the game gets a ton more characters, even if it means Super MvC3.

I hope this game survives as being play competitively until next year. It's sooo much fun to watch, and I can't wait to see it at Evo. I'm just hoping this game doesn't devolve into using the same dudes doing the same combos. I want to see variety in the fights, I think that's what makes SSFIV fun to watch - and what makes this game even better to watch.
Just about every character has someone proclaiming they are the best; I think this game will have a lot of variety for a great while.

I'm really surprised how many messages on PSN I get from people telling me gg and contemplating me after I rock them. Zero salt what so ever... why is PSN and Live so different?
Without trying to start a console fight, aren't PS3 users older on average? The initial costs were pretty prohibitive for younger folks. Remove the young, remove the poor, and get a less rage-filled userbase. I own both systems, so please know I mean no offense to any 360 users with this comment.

Ferrio said:
My guess has to be no entitlement over a paid service.

That said, I have certainly received ragemail over PSN in my life.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ferrio said:

I've only gotten compliments from LIVE, never any rage. Honestly, I think it's a pretty small percentage of both populations that send ragemail.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
rager said:
coming from street fighter to this game is frustrating, so much is going on. I played a friend who I think was doing simple mode, he was not doing too many specials but kept hitting me with air combos and it was so annoying. I need to good players to train with just so I can kick his ass, because he is not beating me with skill just button mashing.

PSN: Beowolf

The most important thing in this game is blocking, once you learn that watch the patterns and punish the mistakes badly. That's really how you become good at this game... spamming will kill you against a seasoned player.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarkoMaledictus said:
The most important thing in this game is blocking, once you learn that watch the patterns and punish the mistakes badly. That's really how you become good at this game... spamming will kill you against a seasoned player.

This game is all about blocking, which is funny cause most of the people *even top players* that talk crap about this game can't block for shit and just rush rush rush into attacks and get owned. Then when you watch justin play well I'm to lazy to explain it but pretty much proves the point. But I fucking LOL'd very very hard when James Chen was like WOW JUSTIN IS SO GOOD HE GOES IN BUT HE DOESNT ATTACK HE IS BLOCKING INSTEAD AND STAYING SAFE. I'm like really? That's fucking COMMON fighting game shit LOL

AzureJericho said:
Felicinya.

Game. Set. Match.

Boredom & GAF, what have you done to me? :lol

BUT BUT she can turn into a cat already xD so technically she's the only one with no name change! :p

Grecco

So yeah. I replaced the square gate with an octo gate on my te stick. Awesome but now its kinda too sensitive.

For instance when i tried Taskmasters last mission, its Crouching L Crouching M Crouching H Spidey Swing

well i do H Aim Master instead of the spidey swing :(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
This game is all about blocking, which is funny cause most of the people *even top players* that talk crap about this game can't block for shit and just rush rush rush into attacks and get owned. Then when you watch justin play well I'm to lazy to explain it but pretty much proves the point. But I fucking LOL'd very very hard when James Chen was like WOW JUSTIN IS SO GOOD HE GOES IN BUT HE DOESNT ATTACK HE IS BLOCKING INSTEAD AND STAYING SAFE. I'm like really? That's fucking COMMON fighting game shit LOL

BUT BUT she can turn into a cat already xD so technically she's the only one with no name change! :p

Very true, probably my hardest transition from ssf4 was blocking while in the air... once you learn that just empty jump block and punish hard. Damn funny seeing dragon punches and ultras blocked and then punished ;)!

I turned the WNF stream off before it was over since it was killing my Minecraft performance, but I enjoyed what I saw. I'll catch the finals when they're up on youtube. It's fun seeing what Justin Wong can pull off with a new team each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom