• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Cels said:
if your point character isn't OTG-capable at least make sure your assist can do it so you can call it to extend your combo. otherwise you are just leaving free damage on the table.
Too hard to pull off in lag online most of the time though. :p

Mit-

Ultimoo said:
Too hard to pull off in lag online most of the time though. :p
Mash it. I use Wesker's OTG shot to extend my Zero combos (even though i could probably use Zero's OTG + different assist) and I nail it every time. Just come down from the air combo and mash on assist until you see them then run forward and launch.

Neki

Mit- said:
Mash it. I use Wesker's OTG shot to extend my Zero combos (even though i could probably use Zero's OTG + different assist) and I nail it every time. Just come down from the air combo and mash on assist until you see them then run forward and launch.
Zero has an OTG though, shouldn't you be using a beam assist to hold the opponent in the air after you've hit him OTG?

Mit-

Ultimoo said:
Zero has an OTG though, shouldn't you be using a beam assist to hold the opponent in the air after you've hit him OTG?
Probably. But it's easy :p And I like Wesker and don't think I'd get much out of his other assists anyways. My DHC's all work well (I use Zero/Task/Wesker). And the Wesker assist comes in handy for unblockable setups as well.

Oh, and I play Zero/Akuma/Wesker sometimes as well. I can do the relaunch in Akuma's combo using his OTG, and then I pop them up with Wesker's OTG and end combos with Shoryuken hyper instead, as it does more damage.

GatorBait

What's the deal with the "Same Rank" matchmaking in this game? I keep getting matched up with opponents who have played 10x as many games as I have with a winning percentage that is 2-3x mine.

GatorBait said:
What's the deal with the "Same Rank" matchmaking in this game? I keep getting matched up with opponents who have played 10x as many games as I have with a winning percentage that is 2-3x mine.
Thats happend to me too in the little bit of ranked that I've played. Im at fighter rank and I keep getting matched up wtih 6th lords etc.

By the way how rare is it to find a "1st class" rank opponent if I search for any rank? I just need to fight someone with that rank to get the Platinum trophy. I prefer 1v1 lobby with a friend as opposed to rank and Im not very good so Im sure it would take me forever to get 1st class rank.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Running into people who are 7-23 online and then post-game (or mid-game really) finding out they're like 254-60 is frustrating.

What's the point of sorting by rank if I still get attached to people who are the polar opposite end of the skill scale from me?

Also, the game not having all of the fucking moves in the command list is absolutely retarded. I didn't even know Skrull had that down-C move in the air :/

Dartastic

Online is just broken, period. I can't connect to shit, even if I boot it up in Arcade mode. It's so stupidly frustrating. They better patch it soon. Have they announced anything in regards to that yet?

Dartastic said:
Online is just broken, period. I can't connect to shit, even if I boot it up in Arcade mode. It's so stupidly frustrating. They better patch it soon. Have they announced anything in regards to that yet?

you trying to play ranked or player match? i go into training and set player match on and get a match in seconds. for ranked it takes a long time

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you trying to play ranked or player match? i go into training and set player match on and get a match in seconds. for ranked it takes a long time

Or for player match you could just search for/create 1 on 1 lobbies.

I'm really hating the online though, in SF you could find evenly matched opponents consistently. Here I'm stuck either playing again people much worst than me (not that I'm amazing) or having to stick with friends in lobbies which results in me having to sit in the lobby screen for 5 minutes if I lose.

Dartastic

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Ranked, or player. They both seem to take forever. It's BS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dartastic said:
Ranked, or player. They both seem to take forever. It's BS.
It might just be a minute difference but, I'm able to get both ranked and player matcher easier in Training mode instead of arcade. If that is indeed a difference, that's some goddamn broken featureset in terms of consistency. Though, YMMV. I know if I set my region to "All" I get no games and get disconnected from XBL :lol

devastatorprime said:
By the way how rare is it to find a "1st class" rank opponent if I search for any rank? I just need to fight someone with that rank to get the Platinum trophy. I prefer 1v1 lobby with a friend as opposed to rank and Im not very good so Im sure it would take me forever to get 1st class rank.
Not that rare. Played someone above that rank on the first try setting it to any. Just set it to find opponents in training or arcade to ease the frustration.

LakeEarth

The last few days its been taking forever to get a game. Just last week it was near instant when going through 1 player. But I did recently cross from 5th to 4th Lord which might have something to do about it.

I just got the best voice message ever:

"Man you must be the cheapest little fuck ever using that psionic blaster, I don't know how you can call yourself Australian because you're definitely not Australian because you're just a cheap faggot who doesn't know how to play Street Fighter, and obviously can't fight close to close, so fuck off."

PK Gaming

Man I'm totally in love with this game. I'm currently running Spiderman / Dante / Phoenix. Yeah I know the team isn't the "greatest" but its filled my favorite characters so I don't mind if the synergy is low. (the team itself isn't "that" bad)

Also, has anyone seen Dacibro's Taskmaster? Its absolutely wicked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sSkjWISM38

shaowebb

Right now I'm noticing that for most teams the most dangerous thing to face is a team that utilizes a lot of crouching combos.

She-Hulk's on Torpedos
Wolverines rushing you that are guarded by assists
Ankle slice setups with x-23 and Deadpool moves not so much, but they may get there.

There are a lot of really powerful combo setups in this game but so far I'm just noticing a trend that the characters and teams that make it the farthest are the ones that use assists properly to set up for crouching setups as their main concept for a team. (exception to this rule is any phoenix based team. She's every offense.)

The old high low seems to really destroy characters in this game as they try to create setups and keep aways so I'm just gonna call it now.

I predict Shuma-Gorath eye beams will soon be the rape of this game.

They all start out aiming low and then sweep up. I'm thinking Haggar lariat, Tron on Gustav Flame, Tatsus, and a lot more are gonna get thrown around on teams with a Shuma just to sync up with those beams. If some sort of assist is thrown and then you cross em up with shuma their dead because where do you block? High? Low?

Maybe I'm talking out my ass here but I think that from the patterns of tourney final teams we may see this happen in about a week or two.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
shaowebb said:
Right now I'm noticing that for most teams the most dangerous thing to face is a team that utilizes a lot of crouching combos.

I think the DHC trick will make the strongest teams in the very near future. Not a ton of people are using it yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
haunts said:
I think the DHC trick will make the strongest teams in the very near future. Not a ton of people are using it yet.
DHC trick also confines teams to a set group of characters. I suppose that might truncate the diversity of characters in high level teams, no?

I won't forcefully put characters on my team to allow the possibility of the DHC trick. I want to be competitive, but if I wanted to be that competitive I would've swallowed my pride and put sentinel on my team weeks ago.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
enzo_gt said:
DHC trick also confines teams to a set group of characters. I suppose that might truncate the diversity of characters in high level teams, no?

I won't forcefully put characters on my team to allow the possibility of the DHC trick. I want to be competitive, but if I wanted to be that competitive I would've swallowed my pride and put sentinel on my team weeks ago.

to some degree sure but there are a ton of different ways to utilize it. im just saying on the topic of strongest teams, this DHC glitch made strong characters such as magneto, deadpool, dante, sentinel, wesker, wolvie and storm that much stronger.

beyond that you can have two characters who use it, with one on there that still has some good synergy with the rest of the team. like i use magneto, sentinel, akuma, and while akuma cant do much with it he still works extremely will on the team.

OMG Aero

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if you guys recommend one version of this game over the other?
Me and my friends rented the PS3 version yesterday and despite raging quite a bit, I had a lot of with the game and was thinking about buying it. If I do get it though, I don't think I'm going to get a joystick so I was wondering what controller you guys thought was best for this game between the PS3 and Xbox ones, and whether there were any major differences between the two versions.

Ferrio

Banned
God i hate those stupid team aerial combos, guess wrong and all hell breaks lose. You should be able to punish them after the break out.

Cels

OMG Aero said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if you guys recommend one version of this game over the other?
Me and my friends rented the PS3 version yesterday and despite raging quite a bit, I had a lot of with the game and was thinking about buying it. If I do get it though, I don't think I'm going to get a joystick so I was wondering what controller you guys thought was best for this game between the PS3 and Xbox ones, and whether there were any major differences between the two versions.

The two different versions are very close graphically. The most important factor is which consoles your friends play MvC3 on.

If you're using a normal controller and not a stick then the Dualshock 3's pad is the better choice imo. The OG 360 controller dpad is terrible as everyone knows, and I've only used the silver controller a few times but even with the silver controller's improved dpad I feel like it is still inferior to the DS3 for fighting games.

Ferrio said:
God i hate those stupid team aerial combos, guess wrong and all hell breaks lose. You should be able to combo them after the break out imo.

You're not supposed to guess, you have 15 frames after the other player tags to input the team aerial counter (direction + S)

OMG Aero

Cels said:
The two different versions are very close graphically. The most important factor is which consoles your friends play MvC3 on.

If you're using a normal controller and not a stick then the Dualshock 3's pad is the better choice imo. The OG 360 controller dpad is terrible as everyone knows, and I've only used the silver controller a few times but even with the silver controller's improved dpad I feel like it is still inferior to the DS3 for fighting games.
None of my friends have MvC3, so I'd be mostly looking to random matches or GAF when it comes to playing against other people. I saw the stuff in the OP about the PSN and 360 groups, but are both communities well populated? I hear that usually with multi-platform games, the 360 has more players.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
GatorBait said:

Same rank only means one thing... beginner vs similar fighter. If a player , like me, never plays rank and only plays player games he will be always be considered a beginner... even if you have 9999 wins under your belt...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
OMG Aero said:
None of my friends have MvC3, so I'd be mostly looking to random matches or GAF when it comes to playing against other people. I saw the stuff in the OP about the PSN and 360 groups, but are both communities well populated? I hear that usually with multi-platform games, the 360 has more players.

SFIV and MVC3 both have large PS3 populations for a change due to certain factors such as more flexibility with control devices, on PS3.

In fact, wasn't a recent GAF online tournament PS3 only?

MoxManiac

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
I just got the best voice message ever:

"Man you must be the cheapest little fuck ever using that psionic blaster, I don't know how you can call yourself Australian because you're definitely not Australian because you're just a cheap faggot who doesn't know how to play Street Fighter, and obviously can't fight close to close, so fuck off."

Haha what does he expect MODOK to do? Rush that shit down with his little t-rex arms and tiny feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom