• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this tonight, thought it might help some people out to post it here.

90ukxe.jpg

Riposte said:
Adding together speed and damage modifiers makes the ranking of the chart pointless.

I was going to make one for speed, one for damage, and one for overall at some point but this is the alpha.

I don't agree it makes them pointless, but it would be helpful to have all three together side by side.

Mister Wilhelm said:

*Massive chart here*

Iron man 230% You sure about that dude? That seems awfully high for a non bruiser.

Edit: Tests in training mode indicate iron man's lvl3 xfact definitely does less than 200%, making his dmg lvls suspect, especially since iron man is right next to hulk in the guide and their dmg increase numbers are the same.

Ogrekiller said:
Mister Wilhelm said:

*Massive chart here*

Iron man 230% You sure about that dude? That seems awfully high for a non bruiser.

Positive. It's listed in the strategy guide, where 100% of this information was pulled from. I was equally surprised.

I feel like Iron Man is one of the best characters in the game along with C. Viper but he's technical just like her as well so there aren't a lot of people playing him to his potential at the moment.

Cels

Ogrekiller said:
Mister Wilhelm said:

*Massive chart here*

it's right. at least my guide says so.

usea said:
lol that chart makes no sense at all

is that supposed to be xfactor stats?

The rankings are created by adding together every percentage a character gets from x-factor, all levels.

I feel it's important not to do just level 3 as characters like Hulk get massive boosts at that level but at the first level his boost isn't that great.

DR2K said:
The boost Sent gets is just fucking stupid. Guarantee you it'll get nerfed come next revision.

I think Sent being in the game period is lame. I don't mind them having a character like that in the game, but at least give him a makeover, use a character that means something like Nimrod, whatever.

Don't just copy and paste this giant robot into the game for the hell of it because the tournament scene guys wanted it. He just feels so out of place and in a game like this, that's saying something.

SmokeMaxX

I've said it multiple times, but I honestly don't think Sentinel is that godlike in this game. I mean, yes, if you get a hit you're basically guaranteed a kill- which is more than other characters can say. However, it is really going to be hard for Sentinel to land a hit once people start tightening up their defense. I remember one game where Marn went for command grab like 3 times in a row because people are learning to block more against Sentinel. Sent loses to instant overheads, fast side changes, and teleport setups. He has real, legitimate weaknesses that a lot of characters can exploit and he's only threatening on offense when the opponent presses a button.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh getting beat by a total scrub feels horrible. I felt bad, so i didn't have my heart in it. By the time I realized I should play straight I was in a corner dying to a lvl 3 akuma.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Mister Wilhelm said:
I don't think Sentinel is even top 5.

Agreed.

Nothing better than destroying Sents offline with Magneto ROM loop into level 3 :D

Also, Sents were getting blown up all weekend long at Final Round. lol.

Unlike many people I love the Robot he is a scrub killer for sure. But, opening up a XFactor3 sent like a tuna can is one of the most rewarding feelings in this game.

MVC2 Sent is still the best Sent for sure.

Mister Wilhelm said:

Amateratsu got robbed.

I remember looking through the guide and wondering why the hell her X-factor benefits seemed so low...
burgerdog said:
That sucks, but it should be a short delay. If the characters were ready for a March 15th launch it should only be a matter of time until they're out.
Ogrekiller said:
So the consolation prize for the epic Capcom Store clusterfuck?

A copy of the Bradygames guide.
I already have the guide. I'll give the other one to my cousin if he wants it.

Still thinking of staying away from the store...

Ok, I'm pretty happy with my squad of Task / Trish / Sent but I've been thinking of branching out and getting rid of Big Poppa Pump for a little. Drones are sooooogood.gif but I'm pretty terrible with him and basically get lucky with scrub tactics whenever he's in. If I'm playing someone who isn't a scrub, my Sent is usually toast.

Any suggestions for a third with Task and Trish? I was considering Wesker for the OTG assist or Dante for Jam Sessions anti air / lock down.

galvatron

Ogrekiller said:
So the consolation prize for the epic Capcom Store clusterfuck?

A copy of the Bradygames guide.

So...they think we're all hardcore enough to pre-order the game (likely an SE to get a SHUMA T-shirt) and that we DIDN'T already buy one of the best english language fighting game guides ever, which is focused on said game, given over a month to do so and amazon charging $11 for it? *sigh*

Also, so sad to hear about the DLC delay...didn't expect to have already released games affected by the quake. Awful situation made infinitesimally slightly worse.

Sucks about the DLC, but since I sold my code and don't care about either character too much, it's no big deal. Back to Bulletstorm. :)

--

Why is Magneto's combo/infinite called ROM -- I've never been able to figure that one out. :|

hitsugi

_dementia said:
Maybe a player named ROM came up with it.

yeah, ROM actually came up with a lot of things for Mag that people just took to a different level (years and years later.. took us about a year+ to start seeing more than 2-3 people regularly doing the ROM infinite without dropping it; then resets happened, etc.)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolarPowered said:
Amateratsu got robbed.

I remember looking through the guide and wondering why the hell her X-factor benefits seemed so low...

That sucks, but it should be a short delay. If the characters were ready for a March 15th launch it should only be a matter of time until they're out.

I already have the guide. I'll give the other one to my cousin if he wants it.
Still thinking of staying away from the store...
I hope im your cousin.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm working on stepping up my Dante game. Can you cancel the command jump cancel into another move that would otherwise not combo? Kind of like how Viper's and Ibuki's jump cancels worked in SSFIV?

SmokeMaxX said:
I've said it multiple times, but I honestly don't think Sentinel is that godlike in this game. I mean, yes, if you get a hit you're basically guaranteed a kill- which is more than other characters can say. However, it is really going to be hard for Sentinel to land a hit once people start tightening up their defense. I remember one game where Marn went for command grab like 3 times in a row because people are learning to block more against Sentinel. Sent loses to instant overheads, fast side changes, and teleport setups. He has real, legitimate weaknesses that a lot of characters can exploit and he's only threatening on offense when the opponent presses a button.

He's also magnified online because you can't react to his hits.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ultimoo said:
Sentinel needs to take up the whole screen and take up three slots.
Plus always-on hyper armor. Get that essence of PTX in there!

Prototype-03 said:
He's also magnified online because you can't react to his hits.
Definitely true.

Full-screen spit is like the easiest thing for me to work around offline but online all my superjumps get dropped or misinterpreted. :/

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
Wow at the new thread title. Snapback to community forum incoming.
I still don't understand the reason for that. If you're going to split Gaming into two subforums (which seems unnecessary in the first place), doing so along the lines of news/gameplay discussion would make more sense to me than multiplayer/everything else.

Whatevs, though. Honestly, since MvC3 came out I've rarely been checking any other threads at all anyway. >_>

Mister Wilhelm said:

Are Dark Phoenix's boosts different from vanillas? She's by far the character that gets the most benefits and is the most dangerous at level 3.

Ploid 3.0

Well this game was Jean Gray on character reveals, Phoenix on OT1 before launch, 5 bars received on launch, took a lot of damage when true online was experienced, then Dark Phoenix in this thread + tournament streams. Community is it's true death. There will be a rebirth if spectator and patches are brought but it's not looking so good so far. Tournament streams are it's saving grace atm, so fun to watch the pros go at it without the near isolation/problems the online have in it.

ShinAmano

So I heard about the delay of the DLC...but just curious...I have the 360 CE version and I put in my codes the day I got the game...I still have not received any MS codes to download the DLC when it comes out. Will they send codes when the dlc is available or did I just miss an email?

dankir said:
OMFG, Marn didn't DHC and he didn't block the Tron projectile...

He could of won that.
That non-block was suspect as hell to me.
I'm not at all a conspiracy theorist, and I don't want to call that rigged, but still :/

Neki

_dementia said:
That non-block was suspect as hell to me.
I'm not at all a conspiracy theorist, and I don't want to call that rigged, but still :/
Marn wanted Justin Wong to beat Combofiend? he wanted redemption!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom