• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

SolarPowered said:
The starbase video from yesterday taught me some new tricks with Morrigan's dashes and it's pretty cool. Her offense is pretty insane and that parabolic airdash makes for some pretty good crossover assist opportunities. I've got to work on her flying mechanics unfortunately. She is still great with the new stuff and I bet it'll be really high pressure in X-factor.

I can't wait to try some of this stuff on a real opponent instead of a CPU opponent.

Is this archived somewhere? I'm interested in picking up some tips. thanks.

LakeEarth

Last night I played someone with both a Sentinel and Pheonix, and I'm sure when the match was over he was cursing my name. 5 seconds left, just took out Sentinel and full-health Pheonix jumps in. I had a little x-factor left (and basically a magic pixel of life left) so I decided to block as she jumps in, and try to level 3 grab with Haggar if she does nothing. She comes in kicking, but for some reason upon landing she turns on healing field and dashes right up to me, to which I level 3 for the win.

What really must've pissed him off was that the timer was 00 for almost the entire animation, but it didn't matter. All she needed to do was go flying and she would've won, called her super to push me away and she would've won

CozMick

Banned
DLC characters available in the UK this afternoon.

Yours for only £3.99 each, that's $6.40

We really do live in an exploitable world :(

Speaking of piledrivers, Haggar lvl3 on Amaterasu is the funniest thing I've seen

Make no mistake, I don't condone IRL animal abuse at all though

Neki

_dementia said:
Speaking of piledrivers, Haggar lvl3 on Amaterasu is the funniest thing I've seen

Make no mistake, I don't condone IRL animal abuse at all though
combofiend does support animal abuse in video games though.

dankir

Thanks for everybodys help on Trish's missions got the 320 completed achievement. Anybody have play a rank 13 or fight one achievement? One of the last ones I need.

Back to the lab!

Edit: so u have fight a first lord rank or get there. I see.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dankir said:
Thanks for everybodys help on Trish's missions got the 320 completed achievement. Anybody have play a rank 13 or fight one achievement? One of the last ones I need.

Back to the lab!

Edit: so u have fight a first lord rank or get there. I see.

Yeah, and it's gotta be a Ranked match fight.

Dahbomb

ICallItFutile said:
Watching this video and after playing MvC2 today, MvC3 is a much better, much more accessible fighting game.
I can't go back to MVC2 now as much as I loved the game. Right now all MVC2 has going for it is a bigger cast which I am sure will be rectified in MVC3 as time progresses with much more fleshed out characters and with more overall features down the line.

I feel like every character has something to say in this game (combat wise). They have a legit chance in a fight and the game boils down to team synergy and skill not just picking of top tier characters. X-Factor is fun, hater's gonna hate.

The fact that Capcom characters are generally equally as good as Marvel characters now is evidence enough. MVC2 should just be named "Clash of Marvel Super Heroes: Strider Edition".

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Is 400k the typical damage given by level 3 hyper combos? I know Dante (440k) and Akuma (465k) go over that, with Akuma's being the highest in the game.

Dahbomb

ICallItFutile said:
Is 400k the typical damage given by level 3 hyper combos? I know Dante (440k) and Akuma (465k) go over that, with Akuma's being the highest in the game.
Above 400K is around par for LVL3 hypers. It's not really about the damage but about the utility.

Some of the special state hypers or grab LVL3 hypers do less damage but rightfully so because something like X-23 invisibility into unblockable command throw LVL3 shouldn't take as much as something like Dante's which is blockable. Shuma's Chaos Dimension is the same and you can probably do it to opponents just coming in after a kill.

LVL3 hypers give you extra stuff as well, like Invulnerable start up, no damage scaling, freezes timer if at 0 until it finishes, extra range (like Zero's full screen hyper that hits all characters on screen) and other benefits. Characters have an extra tool to be dangerous with. A Phoenix vs LVL3 Deadpool has to be very careful due to the counter LVL3 hyper. No one should be at close range or in a corner against a Tron with 3 bars. Zero at 3 bars becomes a threat at full screen and you have to be cautious about using your assist against him or you will end up with 2 dead characters.

Jill's LVL3 hyper is the only LVL3 hyper in the game which does no actual damage but gives you a ridiculous state. Infinites galore, fastest speed in the game, infinite dashes all over the place, insane mix up potential for resets and more.

And from that combo video, we can definitely add another character to the "DHC glitch" list: Jill. Jill's Kick hyper is a cinematic hyper and DHCing into a non-hitting hyper like Wesker's activates the DHC glitch, hit stun and damage scaling reset.

Dahbomb said:
And from that combo video, we can definitely add another character to the "DHC glitch" list: Jill. Jill's Kick hyper is a cinematic hyper and DHCing into a non-hitting hyper like Wesker's activates the DHC glitch, hit stun and damage scaling reset.

Wonder if it works for her level 3 too since it's not really hitting. A cinematic super to her install.

Dahbomb

Prototype-03 said:
Wonder if it works for her level 3 too since it's not really hitting. A cinematic super to her install.
Probably does but you are using 4 bars to kill off a character. Unless it's their last character, that's sort of pointless to do.

Jill and Wesker already seems like a really potent combination.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
jdub03 said:
Noooooo! I just played gootecks with my new team. He mopped the floor with me. I hope it doesn't go on the next adventures of gootecks. I looked real scrubby.

If its recorded and you looked scrubby you can bet its in there... he needs all the wins he can get lol ;)

Dahbomb

If Gootecks was using Sentinel then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Blame the machine.

Oh and blame it on the netcode that you lost.

Dahbomb said:
If Gootecks was using Sentinel then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Blame the machine.

Oh and blame it on the netcode that you lost.

It doesn't matter. The 15 minutes!!!!

fake edit: Although I'd like my 15 minutes of fame to be beating Gootecks instead of losing.

fake edit 2: I also want to see that disappointed Mike Ross face.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Dahbomb said:
Above 400K is around par for LVL3 hypers. It's not really about the damage but about the utility.

Some of the special state hypers or grab LVL3 hypers do less damage but rightfully so because something like X-23 invisibility into unblockable command throw LVL3 shouldn't take as much as something like Dante's which is blockable. Shuma's Chaos Dimension is the same and you can probably do it to opponents just coming in after a kill.

LVL3 hypers give you extra stuff as well, like Invulnerable start up, no damage scaling, freezes timer if at 0 until it finishes, extra range (like Zero's full screen hyper that hits all characters on screen) and other benefits. Characters have an extra tool to be dangerous with. A Phoenix vs LVL3 Deadpool has to be very careful due to the counter LVL3 hyper. No one should be at close range or in a corner against a Tron with 3 bars. Zero at 3 bars becomes a threat at full screen and you have to be cautious about using your assist against him or you will end up with 2 dead characters.

Jill's LVL3 hyper is the only LVL3 hyper in the game which does no actual damage but gives you a ridiculous state. Infinites galore, fastest speed in the game, infinite dashes all over the place, insane mix up potential for resets and more.

Thanks for the explanation.

I've been referring to this list God's Beard made soon after release. I just noticed Taskmaster isn't on there. Where would he fall under? Mixed or Zoning?

Dahbomb

ICallItFutile said:
Thanks for the explanation.

I've been referring to this list God's Beard made soon after release. I just noticed Taskmaster isn't on there. Where would he fall under? Mixed or Zoning?
Definitely Mixed going by that classification.

He doesn't have the best zoning and he doesn't have the best rushdown either but he has a combination of both and he can switch gears really easily depending upon the opponent's characters. He would fall under "Beginner" Mix category because he is reasonably easy to play with.

Dahbomb

Are Shuma and Jill going to be available to play at EVO? I heard that some tournaments don't use DLC/console exclusive characters and ban them outright. I would hate to see these 2 be banned from play, they have some insane potential.

Dahbomb said:
Are Shuma and Jill going to be available to play at EVO? I heard that some tournaments don't use DLC/console exclusive characters and ban them outright. I would hate to see these 2 be banned from play, they have some insane potential.
MrWizard said Jill and Shuma are allowed on an SRK podcast.

Dahbomb

Cool beans, shit will be hype. This EVO is going to be NUTS. I expect a lot more people using She Hulks and Bionic Arm. And then someone is going to come with a new character combination (probably JWong) that is going to blow people away.

I hope the C.Viper and Dante technology has advanced a lot by EVO as well as people start using Phoenix more efficiently. I hope people start using Phoenix on Point rather than last character, I hate having to wait for the Phoenix showdown only to end in a 50 second run away game. Phoenix on point with the right assists could be devastating and if she gains 5 meters then, the opponent will HAVE to activate DP because then the life lead will be in the Phoenix's players advantage.

I am currently in the lab with Phoenix on point with Tron Flame assist and Morrigan Meter Building assist. I basically play runaway the entire time building meter with Morrigan, waiting for an opponent mistake. I use Tron Flame defensively and to start up combos with Phoenix. Even though Tron is 2nd character, I usually bring her out just to DHC into Morrigans Missiles and play Morrigan as backup to Phoenix with Tron on assist. Tron is 2nd in order due to DHC ordering (Lunch time into Missiles is too good).

All 3 characters are good with LVL3 XFC and if I feel like I want to use DP for last I will swap her out when I get her. If she dies, HEY at least she will build some meter for me while she is out and Morrigan will spam Astral Vision. I feel like Phoenix as last character is too crippling on a team (you can't use Hypers, you can't use Phoenix as an assist, you can't X Factor, you can't DHC more than once and you lose to snap back + 1 combo). I mean she can easily be snapped in early in the game anyway, might as well start learning how to play her on Point.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dear Capcom: I know Ryu wears the title of fighter proudly, but I want to try and get a better rank. Pls let me get constant ranked matches, like I am with player ones. I haven't had one in two days.

Thanks,
Osg

:/

Jill's infinite looks hilarious. I pray nobody lands it on me. lol

Dahbomb said:
I hope the C.Viper and Dante technology has advanced a lot by EVO as well as people start using Phoenix more efficiently. I hope people start using Phoenix on Point rather than last character, I hate having to wait for the Phoenix showdown only to end in a 50 second run away game. Phoenix on point with the right assists could be devastating and if she gains 5 meters then, the opponent will HAVE to activate DP because then the life lead will be in the Phoenix's players advantage.

Actually the one that makes most sense is to have Phoenix out as soon as they build the 5 meter and force the opponent to get DP out. Then, they can use the meters for supers and not worry about a chase game towards the end of the game. A lot of players actually started doing this already.

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
Definitely Mixed going by that classification.

He doesn't have the best zoning and he doesn't have the best rushdown either but he has a combination of both and he can switch gears really easily depending upon the opponent's characters. He would fall under "Beginner" Mix category because he is reasonably easy to play with.

dont know if hes easy to play with. I certainly still suck with him, and his swordmaster strain is pretty complex, and interesting. Most people are still using his basic spidey swing, into hyper.

Dahbomb said:

Justin wong will be using Jill and Shuma tonight i think. Looking forward to it. Ive loved what ive seen from Shuma so far.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The more I play as Viewtiful Joe, the more the cons seem to outweigh the pros:

Pros
-Short
-Hyper Combo that causes the enemy to be slow
-Fast down air attack
-Good L->M->H->S combo
-Combos well

Cons
-Slow
-Generally weak
-Poor reach
-Bad projectiles
-Z-motion move (similar to Phoenix's overdrive) does not go forward, only upward and at a 45 degree angle

Any other benefits he has I'm missing?

Mit-

ICallItFutile said:
Oh, I just assumed that was a level three. Well, at least it only costs one bar then.
Which hyper are you talking about? The Six Cannon?

If it's the Mach Speed, I hope you are aware that you can combo after it.

Also, use M uppercut, and use air.H afterwards. All taught in Mission Mode, but it's nice for applying pressure and going straight into overheads and continuing block pressure.

Also look into his overhead as extensively as possible. IIRC, you can combo into when applying blockstrings, and combo out of it atleast into launcher or something (similar to Akuma/Spencer). When combined with slow it becomes next to impossible to block.

I want to play him, but I just can't figure out how to get in with him. He has to get in very close due to his short limbs, and he doesn't run fast, he doesn't really air dash fast, he's got two air dashes which might sound amazing, but unless you super jump you can't air dash forward twice. If you could combo after Red Hot Kick H it would be nice, but you can't. I should figure out if it's atleast safe on block (probably not).

Guess he really, really needs the help of assists.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Mit- said:
Which hyper are you talking about? The Six Cannon?

If it's the Mach Speed, I hope you are aware that you can combo after it.

Also, use M uppercut, and use air.H afterwards. All taught in Mission Mode, but it's nice for applying pressure and going straight into overheads and continuing block pressure.

Also look into his overhead as extensively as possible. IIRC, you can combo into when applying blockstrings, and combo out of it atleast into launcher or something (similar to Akuma/Spencer). When combined with slow it becomes next to impossible to block.

I want to play him, but I just can't figure out how to get in with him. He has to get in very close due to his short limbs, and he doesn't run fast, he doesn't really air dash fast, he's got two air dashes which might sound amazing, but unless you super jump you can't air dash forward twice. If you could combo after Red Hot Kick H it would be nice, but you can't. I should figure out if it's atleast safe on block (probably not).

Guess he really, really needs the help of assists.

Like I edited, he does combo very well, but as you just reiterated, his other aspects hinder him greatly. He's just not a very well rounded character.

Side Note: Kitty's Helper is a weird hyper combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom