• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

nope. once the fire grenade explodes it leaves a fire puddle and if another grenade hits it in detonates automatically. so if you catch someone in the corner like that they get stuck in a continuous fire puddle. dorms black hole prevented him from jumping out.

Neki

catching raw tags with reflect?
94577740.gif

DEAL WITH IT.

edit: or if you prefer, dance with it:

161fvc.jpg

ldcommando

Banned
Maybe it´s a strat:

1 - learn to play with 2 configs
2 - play with your second config
3 - get wasted
4 - announce you had the wrong config
5 - reset the match, play with your first config
6 - ???
7 - profit

kitzkozan

Ross doesn't have the execution to be that dangerous at MvC3. :p There's a reason why he mostly use Honda or a charge character with a rather low requirement in term of execution in SFIV.

By the way, Desk got some interesting combos going with Jill. He was even able to use her insane level 3 hyper to get a nice combo despite the crazy speed. I think Jill has got ton of potential if you can get the team synergy as you need an OTG assist.

Ferrio

Banned
God i hate Dante's teleport->jumping H or whatever he does. I eat it everytime which then leads to that stupid super shit.

chriskun

kitzkozan said:
Ross doesn't have the execution to be that dangerous at MvC3. :p There's a reason why he mostly use Honda or a charge character with a rather low requirement in term of execution in SFIV.

Ross has good execution. And honda has alot of advanced combos that Ross lands every time. I would go to say that amongst the charge characters, honda's combos are the most difficult to land, considering that comboing his jabs and shorts into each other is a one frame link.

Was the stream archived anywhere? I wouldn't mind watching it when I get back from school.

Also, we seriously need some more activity on the 360. I don't care if I get my ass whooped all day and night. The scene is kind of dead...

LakeEarth

Ferrio said:
God i hate Dante's teleport->jumping H or whatever he does. I eat it everytime which then leads to that stupid super shit.
Just wait for it, and the second you see the teleport, jump and throw. And hopefully your character can continue the pain after the throw.

SolarPowered said:
Was the stream archived anywhere? I wouldn't mind watching it when I get back from school.

Also, we seriously need some more activity on the 360. I don't care if I get my ass whooped all day and night. The scene is kind of dead...

Seconding the stream request.

As for the activity on the 360, I've yet to have a problem finding a match, and I usually play at odd times. GT: Sir Garbageman.

USD

Watching through a good bit of the matches from Wednesday Night Fights.

-Nice to see an actually good Chris. It only took Combofiend to do it.
-Wow at Richard Nguyen's X-Factor Tatsu loops.
-I didn't know that Dark Phoenix can combo the transformation explosion (if she X-factors)
-X-Factor cancel > Bionic Arm.
-Nice to see the East Coast 3-out-of-5 for all finals.
-fLoE totally displeased. Clockw0rk with the smug look on his face. It has to be Dark Phoenix. fLoE did manage to tame Phoenix in the last three games, and that made all the difference.
-Grand Finals was pretty uneventful, Justin Wong and all.

But it just doesn't work like that in real life.

* C.Viper and Shuma eat too much meter, more than can be built
* Putting Trish on point as a battery destroys the fragile DHC harmony
* Trish is the only character that gets instant overhead on the full cast, but needs an at least partial lockdown assist to perform it
* Seismo and Mystic Ray are the worst OTG assists in the game
* Shuma doesn't have a good way in on point
Purification would like to have a word with you, haha.

magneto is the best character in the game. i would pay $5 so i could have two magnetos on my team.
When I first got the game, I loved both Sentinel's Sentinel Force and Air Raid. So my wife said, "Why not just put two Sentinels on your team?" - I don't think anyone would even play against me.

Think my dorm got a little better. Trying to get used to the SJ->Triangle Jump->j.H timing. Didn't work so good on Q since he's always moving.
Use sj, triangle jump, sj.L, c.L - it's really hard to block reliably. You can use c.M for hit confirmation afterward, but the height of some characters makes this difficult.

When Shuma beats Shuma: AN EYE.. FOR AN EYE!

:lol <3

Shuma is so fucking awesome, however Jill is not. What the fuck is the point of a level 3 that makes my character less mobile and more open to getting comboed through jabs if I get close and teleport to the wrong side?
I love Morrigan's endquote with Shuma - ridiculously awesome. Jill's level 3 gives her access to infinites.

Hulk leaves himself so wide open after those though, worse than sent for sure. So far I haven't found a hulk to give me any trouble unless i'm being totally retarded.
Hulk can cover his whiffs with Gamma Charge though. Sentinel has to use meter.

Karsticles said:
Use sj, triangle jump, sj.L, c.L - it's really hard to block reliably. You can use c.M for hit confirmation afterward, but the height of some characters makes this difficult.

This. Dorm's j.L is stupid. I also play Q all the time and I usually use Dorm so he knows his shenanigans (except flame carpet -- I don't use it too much although I should).

edit: All his L attacks are actually stupid since it usually won't trade 'cause the attack is not part of his body.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
_dementia said:
Congrats Max. Were any of your matches on the stream? I only tuned in for a bit.

Thanks much. They weren't sadly, as I lost my very first game and got sent to losers.

In other news, my new MVC3 online video series should be up soon >.>

SmokeMaxX

chriskun said:
Ross has good execution. And honda has alot of advanced combos that Ross lands every time. I would go to say that amongst the charge characters, honda's combos are the most difficult to land, considering that comboing his jabs and shorts into each other is a one frame link.
I'd argue Blanka's are harder. If you get a 2 frame link in his combos, you're lucky and pianoing into electricity is more difficult than pianoing into hands. Also, Blanka doesn't have the damage output unless you can combo into Ultra and that usually requires multiple one frame links for the hit confirm (cr. lk, cr. lk, U1 is two 1-frame links).

LakeEarth

Karsticles said:
Purification would like to have a word with you, haha.
Seriously. Not only does the purification assist take forever to actually come out, but it also makes the opponent go flying limiting its use. I would kill for Dorm to have an OTG assist that came out as fast like Weskers, and only slightly popped up the opponent, like... Weskers.

And talking Dorm strategies, purification while your opponent is way up in the air is pretty good, keeping him up there by guessing which direction he's going to go (usually forward). Just don't do it with anyone with a teleport.

jdub03

kitzkozan said:

By the way, Desk got some interesting combos going with Jill. He was even able to use her insane level 3 hyper to get a nice combo despite the crazy speed. I think Jill has got ton of potential if you can get the team synergy as you need an OTG assist.

I knew jill was going to be a beast. Time to get started on her. I tried doing that air loop 3 times. I guess my execution isn't as good as desks.

Sir Garbageman said:
Seconding the stream request.

As for the activity on the 360, I've yet to have a problem finding a match, and I usually play at odd times. GT: Sir Garbageman.
You're already on my friends list. That shit cracked me up.

LOL

Dahbomb

LMAO @ the Healing field of Phoenix saving her from the mega Sentinel combo. That's the first time I have seen Phoenix survive a full Sentinel combo spanning 2 hypers. Her healing field pretty much entirely negated Plasma Field.

Clockwork may have lost that game but he probably learned something new. He has been upgrading his game with that team, all 3 characters of his were significantly better.

And how the hell is he wave dashing with Doom? I think he is cancelling dash from normals and not doing the usual wave dash (2 ATK, down, 2 ATK). They were talking about plinking wave dashes which are faster than regular wave dash. Need to test this shit in the lab.

Nice Chris play in the tournament by Combofiend. A lot of Magneto with Sentinel assist in this tournament though. People are getting the Magneto technology down now, resets, cross ups, mix ups, mini-ROMs... it was getting really MVC2 up in there.

Seriously. Not only does the purification assist take forever to actually come out, but it also makes the opponent go flying limiting its use. I would kill for Dorm to have an OTG assist that came out as fast like Weskers, and only slightly popped up the opponent, like... Weskers.

And talking Dorm strategies, purification while your opponent is way up in the air is pretty good, keeping him up there by guessing which direction he's going to go (usually forward). Just don't do it with anyone with a teleport.
Yeah, off of a Chaotic Flame, you can usually land Purification H, Purification H, Purification M, Purification L against opponents who try to superjump in. Then, ideally, they land in a Flame Carpet. Rarely are opponents so giving, however!

I feel as though Dormammu has among the worst assists in the game. I'm not saying they're useless, just that I would kill for Dark Matter and Flame Carpet as assists. Keep Dark Hole though, that one's decent.

I guess my execution isn't as good as desks.
Whose is, though?

And how the hell is he wave dashing with Doom? I think he is cancelling dash from normals and not doing the usual wave dash (2 ATK, down, 2 ATK). They were talking about plinking wave dashes which are faster than regular wave dash. Need to test this shit in the lab.
He might be. I was reading the guide last night and it mentioned this for another character...but I don't remember who!

Nice Chris play in the tournament by Combofiend. A lot of Magneto with Sentinel assist in this tournament though. People are getting the Magneto technology down now, resets, cross ups, mix ups, mini-ROMs... it was getting really MVC2 up in there.
I'm excited to see more Shuma-Gorath in the future. Magneto is always fun to watch, though.

Hey guys, first episode of my new MVC3 video series is finally up! Excuse some of the dry commentary, I'm still working it out.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 : The Online Warrior Episode 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc04rAchAQ0
I'll check it out, but I don't have sound, so if the main draw is hilarious commentary, it may not appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom