• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever figure out if PSN fixed their ridiculous "you bought a single item, you can't buy the bundle" rule for newer content?

The first thing I can think of testing it out on would be the upcoming SSF4 Ultra Costume pack in April, so that's still off a bit.

I really don't want to purchase Shuma and have a bundle come out and be unable to buy it because Shuma's included. Granted, if you purchased the content (no vouchers) they can revoke your license to it and then you'll be allowed to purchase the bundle, but it's an unwanted and preferably avoidable hassle.

MrMephistoX

Smo21 said:
I thought it was gonna be 5 for both. 5 each is kinda crazy.
Liking Jill a lot more than I thought I would and F$&@ yes for Shuma being a charge character; it gives me hope for more chargers as DLC.

hitsugi

jdub03 said:
Noooooo! I just played gootecks with my new team. He mopped the floor with me. I hope it doesn't go on the next adventures of gootecks. I looked real scrubby.
gootecks gets mopped up pretty badly, and regularly, by a guy named thaistylez818 so.. don't feel bad; there are people getting revenge :lol

Grecco

Forgot this thread was in community now :(

Loving Shuma so far. Probably wont spend enough time trying to get him on my team but hes fun to play.

Neki

USD said:
Excuse me?

bionicarm2ydq8.gif

Bionic Arm.

21nf4vc.jpg

If you haven't already seen it in the Fight Night thread. :D

While I'm definitely sticking with Spidey/IM/x-23, I made up a terrible team of Chris/Mags/Ryu and am having crazy fun just stocking up bar for level 3 XFC shinkuu stupidity. So much fun that I want to find a way to make it work (but I'll drop magneto from it since he uses a lot of bar to be his best).

If anyone has heads ups for Ryu or Chris, lemme know. Chris especially. So much fun to be had in this game.

That Ultradavid gif is awesome :lol

MThanded said:
this is why i got the Special edition for both consoles

Edit: wait this thread is in community now? whut?

$59.99 + $5 for Jill + $5 for Shuma = $69.99
$69.99 SE includes Jill and Shuma

Only difference is you got a steel book cases, 2 comics, and 2 months free marvel comics online with it.

From my perspective, you still paid $5 for each character and were given the others as bonuses for paying for the DLC upfront. :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
corrosivefrost said:
$59.99 + $5 for Jill + $5 for Shuma = $69.99
$69.99 SE includes Jill and Shuma

Only difference is you got a steel book cases, 2 comics, and 2 months free marvel comics online with it.

From my perspective, you still paid $5 for each character and were given the others as bonuses for paying for the DLC upfront. :)
My SEs were both 61 dollars from coupons/online discount codes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Mr. Top Tier, is her level 3 still as fucking useless as it looks or what?
How the fuck is it useless -.- that's like calling dirt nap useless. That and you can do this mid combo, juggle more and finish with it.

God's Beard said:
SRK IRC on Latin characters:
<fonetomic> I say spencer has to be from mexico because that bionic arm looks like a piece of shit

:lol :lol :lol

yeah he can actually cancel out of special moves with the grab part of it too. Which leads to fucked up stuff :D

Chaos Dimension isn't a grab, you can hit people with it during guard stun(ie blocked round harvest/hail storm/stalking flare/hsf/whatever)

SRK IRC on Latin characters:
<fonetomic> I say spencer has to be from mexico because that bionic arm looks like a piece of shit

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oldschoolgamer said:
Managed to take down a 2nd Lord. Then proceeded to lose to spam shenanigans. My execution needs work. :/
LOL I always hate that cause I gotta swap play styles, you go from oh shit this shit is getting real to, oh damn it gotta counter shitty play again... then next guy and you are still in the feeling of the last match and BAM the next guy knows how to play LOL and you are like GOD DAMN IT I WAS OUT OF TUNE...

wtf did I type

Edit:
Sweet my teams dhc combo does a bit over 1,200k dmg now to figure out some other tricks :D

Neki

Wallach said:
Laughin' at the Dark Phoenix whining, then the dude snaps Phoenix in early and kills her in about 3 seconds.
basically, learn to snap or learn to play keep away or learn to last 20 second against XF3 dark phoenix and you can beat her.

rivals

I've been waffling back and forth as to whether or not I want to put her on my team. I haven't played in a while though, and I probably won't for at least a week since I've been working on picking Super up again.

HiResDes

rivals said:
I've been waffling back and forth as to whether or not I want to put her on my team. I haven't played in a while though, and I probably won't for at least a week since I've been working on picking Super up again.
I like her because I think she has some easy ass combos, even though the timing of her otg out of the air is a little tricky, and of course she has some great keep away aspects.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
How the fuck is it useless -.- that's like calling dirt nap useless. That and you can do this mid combo, juggle more and finish with it.

:lol :lol :lol

yeah he can actually cancel out of special moves with the grab part of it too. Which leads to fucked up stuff :D
Because it restricts her movement, despite how fast she is, its almost counterintuitive. Don't know if it gives her a damage boost or anything, but besides that sinking 3 bars into that doesn't seem very useful for what you get.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Because it restricts her movement, despite how fast she is, its almost counterintuitive. Don't know if it gives her a damage boost or anything, but besides that sinking 3 bars into that doesn't seem very useful for what you get.
actually I thought you were talking about shuma for some reason DERP IM STUPID. Anyways you can still dash with two buttons and wave dash along with having her special dashes. She also can cancel out her moves with the special dashes just like bang in blazblue

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
rivals said:

I have too. I like her moveset, especially now that I can actually pull off the z-motion, but her low health makes her so risky to use.

Right now I'm debating between Dante/Dorm/Trish or Dante/Dorm/Akuma. I don't really want to play as Trish, but she seems more balanced.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
actually I thought you were talking about shuma for some reason DERP IM STUPID. Anyways you can still dash with two buttons and wave dash along with having her special dashes. She also can cancel out her moves with the special dashes just like bang in blazblue
I'll have to try this. Talking shit about Chaos Dimension? Never, you don't have to be GB to appreciate how awesome it is.

SmokeMaxX

dralla said:
but you get the same move either way, so it kinda is the same
No, the first post was that the Z input is easier than forward + qcf. Q replied that they were the same thing. They are completely different. The same move comes out, but you could say that about forward + qcf and down-forward, forward, down-forward in SSF4.

My mentality when doing a Z motion isn't the same as forward + QCF. Z motion is easier, faster, and appears to be more reliable since people who are used to forward + QCF appear to be having problems.

FreedomFrisbee said:
Totally awesome. Go to cash in on my special edition Jill and Shuma and the code doesn't work.
Hey, you might be in luck. I was so excited about their release I immediately bought them before remembering I didn't have to. You can have my code, Frisbee. I'll pm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SmokeMaxX said:
No, the first post was that the Z input is easier than forward + qcf. Q replied that they were the same thing. They are completely different. The same move comes out, but you could say that about forward + qcf and down-forward, forward, down-forward in SSF4.

My mentality when doing a Z motion isn't the same as forward + QCF. Z motion is easier, faster, and appears to be more reliable since people who are used to forward + QCF appear to be having problems.

Actually in sf4 it's just down-forward x2 no need to press forward. And I don't see how the motion is easier it's the same thing, unless you have like arthritis or something and it hurts to move your wrist a tiny bit more. When people do Foward, QCF, they dont actually press the button at the forward part they press it between the down-forward and forward. The people having trouble are just pressing the button at the damn wrong time.

SmokeMaxX

QisTopTier said:
Actually in sf4 it's just down-forward x2 no need to press forward. And I don't see how the motion is easier it's the same thing, unless you have like arthritis or something and it hurts to move your wrist a tiny bit more. When people do Foward, QCF, they dont actually press the button at the forward part they press it between the down-forward and forward. The people having trouble are just pressing the button at the damn wrong time.
I've heard repeated claims that down-forward x2 isn't a true shortcut for DP in SF4 even though most people claim it is. Supposedly what happens is that you register either an extra down or forward input during the DF x2 command which traggers the DP.

Anyway, maybe to you F, QCF and the Z are the same thing, but for those of us who've trained to do DPs a certain way and fireballs a certain way, they can be quite different.

EDIT: And to clarify, when I do the Z motion, I pretty much do the down-forward input by slamming into the corner of the square gate. When I do QCF motions, I never touch the gate.

Mit-

I cannot play this game online at night. I swear all it does is pair me up with people using dial-up internet in China.

N4Us

I find it funny at all the comments showing surprise at Shuma being charge. Did nobody touch him in MvC2 or something? It's like being surprised that Ryu has an uppercut.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SmokeMaxX said:
EDIT: And to clarify, when I do the Z motion, I pretty much do the down-forward input by slamming into the corner of the square gate. When I do QCF motions, I never touch the gate.

You saying you have a square gate changes everything and I agree with you 100% from that :p

The starbase video from yesterday taught me some new tricks with Morrigan's dashes and it's pretty cool. Her offense is pretty insane and that parabolic airdash makes for some pretty good crossover assist opportunities. I've got to work on her flying mechanics unfortunately. She is still great with the new stuff and I bet it'll be really high pressure in X-factor.

I can't wait to try some of this stuff on a real opponent instead of a CPU opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom