• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Ferrio said:
If you meant weird as a great one, yes it is... annoying little thing.
It really is. I love my little Kitty's Helper. A little practice and you can set up fast unblockable attacks with it. Or just use it to plain harass the opponent. You can even call her in if you're getting pinned down with projectile spam. Keep hitting an attack button while in blockstun and the little kitty will jump across the screen and hit the opponent. Neutralize THAT!

C Jones

LeMaximilian said:
Gonna be at WNF tonight again. Wife's going to come along a record a bunch of stuff for me too. Will try to put it up asap.
Cool man, thanks. Really useful for those of us on the East Coast that have to wake up early the next morning and can't catch it live.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So I run Dante/Trish/Sir Dormington the 1st. I need lab work with Trish, but I do have a question.

I ran into Ammy doing her usual HHHHHHHHHH whatever HHHHHHH nonsense.

Is j.m the best way to keep her from dashing in with Dante, as well as using Trish's air trap? When she gets in with effin Tron, it's been messing me up. :/

With Spencer, I guess not using any super while he has meter?

And lastly, what about Shuma? I have no idea wtf to do, aside from give myself spacing, and not doing anything special when he has a charge. I swear I got Chaos Dimension'd 3 times playing today and couldn't do shit about it.

McNum

Okay, quick dumb question time!

How do I actually use the DLC costumes? Got the pack alongside Jill and Shuma, but I haven't tried it out yet, so how do I use it?

McNum

dralla said:
im pretty sure you press one of the triggers or bumpers, can't remember which exactly
Ah, so it's just a 5th color? I assume it's on A2, then. Running out of buttons, otherwise.

Mit-

I liked Yatterman-2's more. It went and attacked the opponent without you having to hit a button, or sit there and wait for it to jump across the whole screen and reach your opponent. It was used for an entirely different purpose though. Mostly for constant pressure. You could build a meter (I believe) while it was out, and just call it again as soon as it left. Felicia's seems to be for escaping pressure by sending her out while you're getting hurt (which sounds considerably slower than min-E-Honda), and then setting up unblockables.

Mit- said:
I liked Yatterman-2's more. It went and attacked the opponent without you having to hit a button, or sit there and wait for it to jump across the whole screen and reach your opponent. It was used for an entirely different purpose though. Mostly for constant pressure. You could build a meter (I believe) while it was out, and just call it again as soon as it left. Felicia's seems to be for escaping pressure by sending her out while you're getting hurt (which sounds considerably slower than min-E-Honda), and then setting up unblockables.

You can't activate the kitty while Felicia's getting hit.

Mit-

Prototype-03 said:
You can't activate the kitty while Felicia's getting hit.
Well, yeah, not directly out of blockstun. Was referring more to what was brought up earlier, fighting back at projectile spam and whatnot (you could pushblock and activate it as soon as you're out of blockstun as well if you're being rushed down.)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i put my code for the characters in on the site but i still havent got the email.

Put the code in like 2 hours ago.

Edit: also I suck at this game. Have not been able to play much. Maybe I will get some time to go in the lab this weekend.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
McNum said:
Ah, so it's just a 5th color? I assume it's on A2, then. Running out of buttons, otherwise.

Yes, alt costumes are basically color 5. Listed as color 5 in the reserve unit select screen.

Since they are "colors" both players can't use the same one at the same time. Offline, whoever picks the 5th color/alt first gets to use it. However, online, if you pick the 5th alt, and the other guy does (blind pick, you don't know until the fight starts), the game makes it appear that it is you who has the alt. Same thing happens with regular colors.

So fighting online at least, you will always visually have first dibs to the alt costumes on your screen.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So after my first day on Live following Final Round, I'm left wondering how anyone enjoys this game online.

Now I'm already making preparations for Power-Up next month.

hitsugi

Sixfortyfive said:
So after my first day on Live following Final Round, I'm left wondering how anyone enjoys this game online.

Now I'm already making preparations for Power-Up next month.
Be glad you're on live and not PSN.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
I still have yet to fight a competent thor. Of course I've only fought like... 2 thors, and they got destroyed.

Yeah man the other day I was asking in IRC if anyone actually plays him. I have yet to fight a "real" Thor. lmao

ICallItFutile said:
The more I play as Viewtiful Joe, the more the cons seem to outweigh the pros:

Pros
-Short
-Hyper Combo that causes the enemy to be slow
-Fast down air attack
-Good L->M->H->S combo
-Combos well

Cons
-Slow
-Generally weak
-Poor reach
-Bad projectiles
-Z-motion move (similar to Phoenix's overdrive) does not go forward, only upward and at a 45 degree angle

Any other benefits he has I'm missing?

- His projectiles are pretty amazing when used well, they can make it so that it's impossible for some characters to get in without assists if you use the medium arc.
- His shoryuken is a great move as you can hit huge arsed combos after it.
- His jump S can be used to easily ambiguously cross up/create unblockables with assists just like Zero's jumping H.

I'd consider Joe a very strong character if it weren't for the fact that poor movement and reach are some of the worst issues to have in this game.

Razor210

My execution goes to crap when playing online, but I have to thank Taskmaster for being such a well rounded character. So good to put on point - can do spam, has rushdown, and comes with a decent amount of health. And a really basic combo does 550 K damage. Can't complain about that.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
Real talk. This game is atrocious online, even with dudes 20 mins away.
Seriously. My buddy and I are both on fios connections, live 9 miles from each other and still get moments of lag on PSN. On Live it's pretty much crystal.

This was the same thing with SF4 and SSF4 and that's just how it is. That being said, there doesn't seem to be a difference between the 360 and PS3 versions timing/gameplay wise so that's a plus.

sleepykyo

MThanded said:
fchamp salty as shit.

That Final Round interview was great. I think FChamp called norcal arse 4 times or so, like it norcal's fault that the top Marvel players know how to handle Phoenix.

outsidah

I haven't played since the release week and just came back online yesterday to get absolutely destroyed. WOW.

I have to spend time in the training mode.

I have to agree with people in regards to this game's online setup. This shit just pushes anyone who is not high level away. I need more fresh blood because the whole thing is just getting kinda stale...
outsidah said:
I haven't played since the release week and just came back online yesterday to get absolutely destroyed. WOW.

I have to spend time in the training mode.
Game is evolving fast, dude.

outsidah

SolarPowered said:
I have to agree with people in regards to this game's online setup. This shit just pushes anyone who is not high level away. I need more fresh blood because the whole thing is just getting kinda stale...

Game is evolving fast, dude.

You aren't kidding. I got a friend of mine who hasn't played fighters in years to pick this one up. If I'm feeling the heat I doubt he's even going to turn the damn thing on much more.

Makoto

I haven't even touched online mode and I've had this game since launch week. I'm able to complete (on average) about more than half of any character's missions, which means I still have a lot to learn (integrating assists into my combos for example). I probably won't be fully comfortable with my Marvel skill until Street Fighter x Tekken comes out. lol.

LakeEarth

Bah, the game decided I'm not worthy of the Lord title anymore and demoted me to 4th ... the purple one. Sucks, once your rating goes into the 4th lord/ranger/whatever level, the competition really heats up.

I did beat a high lord for a first time. Luck for sure, but it was still a good moment for me.

Also, anyone know how to make Spencer's armor breaker move faster? Is there a trick to it, cause every time I do it it comes out so slow, but once in a while its instant.

Barrage

Wait...they had an online moment of silence?

AND THE STREAM MONSTERS ACTUALLY LISTENED?

...My jaw just hit the floor.

Threi

notag
LakeEarth said:
Also, anyone know how to make Spencer's armor breaker move faster? Is there a trick to it, cause every time I do it it comes out so slow, but once in a while its instant.
The speed depends on how close you are to your opponent.

I ask this all the time, but I don't remember it being answered yet...

Does anyone know if Sony/PSN fixed the stupid "rebuying content" issue when it comes to bundles?

Neki

Wow did anyone else see Floe hit that last Zero combo even though he moved forward too much, and still was able to pull off the hyper combo when he was on the wrong side? lol. I totally would have just assumed I landed on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom