• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I can't decide if I want to eat the $$ and get Jill/Shuma or wait to see if there's a later disc edition that includes all DLC characters. It's Capcom, so my guess is there will be a complete edition later, but SFIV didn't have any DLC characters so....urgh. I may just pick up Shuma for now since he seems to be able to fit into my play style. But if I get one I'm OCD and have to get the other too to complete the set. Arrrrrrgh.

Mit-

GeoNeo said:
If you do qcf from back position quickly you will get a DP, this was also the case in SF2. If you check your inputs closely you'll notice what really is happening is you're input the correct motion for a DP just backwards. If you do a true qcb qcb with no extra input what so ever (so 100% clean input) you won't get a DP.

Anyways, IMO doing proper Z motion is simply faster. :) people that relied too much on SFIV sloppy input shortcut and system sadly have learned really bad habits which marvel should help rectify.
I dun geddit. I did a qcf from back and down back and just got qcf's. I also did a DP backwards and just got nothing. QCF QCF clean does DP. QCB QCB clean does RDP as well. Give it a try sometime :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Incendiary said:
Ugh I can't decide if I want to eat the $$ and get Jill/Shuma or wait to see if there's a later disc edition that includes all DLC characters. It's Capcom, so my guess is there will be a complete edition later, but SFIV didn't have any DLC characters so....urgh. I may just pick up Shuma for now since he seems to be able to fit into my play style. But if I get one I'm OCD and have to get the other too to complete the set. Arrrrrrgh.
Yeah when I bought super I got all the old dlc for free. OH WAIT I DIDNT LOL

QisTopTier said:
Yeah when I bought super I got all the old dlc for free. OH WAIT I DIDNT LOL

Well SFIV the only DLC was costumes, right? Not any actual characters? It wasn't like they went "Hey, buy T. Hawk and Dee Jay for $5 each" then later went "Hey look, all those characters you spent $60 on in a full $60 game with new features lol!"

So I'm kind of hoping the fact that they're doing characters as straight up DLC for MvC3 means they're not going to do a second edition, but maybe I'm putting too much faith into them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Incendiary said:
Well SFIV the only DLC was costumes, right? Not any actual characters? It wasn't like they went "Hey, buy T. Hawk and Dee Jay for $5 each" then later went "Hey look, all those characters you spent $60 on in a full $60 game with new features lol!"

So I'm kind of hoping the fact that they're doing characters as straight up DLC for MvC3 means they're not going to do a second edition, but maybe I'm putting too much faith into them.
They wont unless they really really want to piss off people.

dankir

ICallItFutile said:
dankir just showed me that Ammy is the combo queen.

Man!!! You could have at least kept playing for more than one match. Now I feel bad :S

That said I have only 2 missions left to do to get to 320. How the fuck do you do Trish's double jump properly?
Every time I hit M, M and then up I'm already way over opponent. I tried it really slowly and I can't do it.

I only have 5 of her missions done :(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Mit- said:
I dun geddit. I did a qcf from back and down back and just got qcf's. I also did a DP backwards and just got nothing. QCF QCF clean does DP. QCB QCB clean does RDP as well. Give it a try sometime :)

Took your advice went back tested on Marvel 3 and SF2. Recorded it the inputs and it is all about how fast you input the cmds. It QCF (from front and back) and QCB works.

Also, to get DP to come out from back you simply do QCF from back twice sorry not QCB in both games, I mixed up my directions lol.

To me Z motion the way to go for fastest DP so I don't really consider this a shortcut, unless you're unable to do a Z motion for some reason.

Seth words hold true when he said the game did not have SFIVs shortcuts. But, the QCF QCB "tricks" that work in SF2 seem to work in this too, so that is fine in my books.

cheers.

dankir said:
Man!!! You could have at least kept playing for more than one match. Now I feel bad :S

That said I have only 2 missions left to do to get to 320. How the fuck do you do Trish's double jump properly?
Every time I hit M, M and then up I'm already way over opponent. I tried it really slowly and I can't do it.

(1) upforward sj helps
(2) slight delay between launch and sj cancel
(3) hit sj.m > sj.m asap, the hitbox for sj.m is high, near trish's head, so she should be below for the first hit.

Watch the mission in question here, and you should see (1), (2), and (3) all applied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-m096Epwo&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s

Also, remember, if you just want 320 for the trophy/achievement, that sometimes if you get stuck on a mission because of some bullshit nuance, try other missions after that one. For example, I couldn't do Ammy's bullshit weapon change combos for a long time, but I could do her mission 8 (and did) and probably mission 9 (if I put the time in) long before I ever did 6 or 7. The same with Trish and anyone else with wonky double/triple jumps or fly/unfly or jump/dash cancel shit. Odds are, the next mission might not even build on it and that one off will just hold you back. Unless you have OCD and want the bars in the total mission progress screen to NOT contain gaps... like I do. :lol

dankir said:

Delay your sj cancel after launching. I'll trade you hers for Doom 9. I can't ever freaking connect Doom Rocks after c.H

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Boy, being able to do the z-motion consistently has really opened the game up to me. Now I have to re-evaluate my strategies.

For example: While I've essentially given playing Phoenix, now I'm able to do the medium TK Trap, teleport behind the enemy, hit the Special and move into an air combo.

I could also do a heavy TK shot and then teleport right behind them.

USD said:
Excuse me?

bionicarmdeie.gif

bionicarm2ydq8.gif

Bionic Arm.

I wish Chris Hu was there so I could have heard BIONIC AAAAAAAAHHHHMMMMM!!!

Neki

Marn was so stupid. As soon as he got hit by the first two bionic arms, he should have just chipped him to death with HSF.

EDIT: Scratch that, he got combo'd hard after the two bionic arms. He really should have just orbed instead of the first HSF, or two HSFs. :O

C Jones

the_log_ride said:
Delay your sj cancel after launching. I'll trade you hers for Doom 9. I can't ever freaking connect Doom Rocks after c.H
This one gave me a lot of problems. It's been a while since I did it, but from what I remember I hit c.H once I saw the dummy start to fall. Also the c.H has to be canceled into the rocks. So don't wait for the c.H to hit, and then do the rocks. Cancel it in, so it's something like F, D+H, DF, H. Rocks have to come out really fast. Again it's been a while, but that's what I remember.

C Jones

the_log_ride said:
Yeah, I just gotta clean up my execution I suppose. Hitsun degradation makes the window so much smaller
There's nothing worse than getting it right then choking on the super. That happened to me a couple of times and all I could do was hang my head in shame haha

You're right there though. You'll get it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
USD said:
Excuse me?

bionicarmdeie.gif

bionicarm2ydq8.gif

Bionic Arm.

Eh. I'm suprised. I was expecting the more epic Bionic ARMMMM stuff, like plowing through a point + assist + DHC insanity. Glad to see Spencer getting the respect he and his ARMMMM deserve through, it's a great answer to so much BS from "common" characters.

Why would anyone XFC into a second ARMMMM though... Bionic Manuvers is a small bit trickier to land, but generally is more damaging + the untechable knockdown.

Also great to be able to zip line over a lot of spam mess + chip attempts, since Spence gets 3 swings / pulls in the air.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SAB CA said:
Eh. I'm suprised. I was expecting the more epic Bionic ARMMMM stuff, like plowing through a point + assist + DHC insanity. Glad to see Spencer getting the respect he and his ARMMMM deserve through, it's a great answer to so much BS from "common" characters.

Why would anyone XFC into a second ARMMMM though... Bionic Manuvers is a small bit trickier to land, but generally is more damaging + the untechable knockdown.

Also great to be able to zip line over a lot of spam mess + chip attempts, since Spence gets 3 swings / pulls in the air.

You want them to tech so you can do the 50/50 cross over

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
QisTopTier said:
You want them to tech so you can do the 50/50 cross over

Ahh, makes sense, didn't see much use of Spencer's fantastic air S crossup in the Marn Vs Combofiend fight.

Alucrid

Banned
ProtoCents said:
I've never had a harder time controlling a character than Jill in 3 meter hyper mode.

I can't wait to see if anyone good can do some crazy shit with her. That dash is fucking awesome.

vocab

uhh. Shumas level 3 is a level 3 grab that can be combed into. Try out level three, and just throw them. You'll see Shuma swallow the opponent. Shittiest HC's in the game? You can't be serious.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
vocab said:
uhh. Shumas level 3 is a level 3 grab that can be combed into. Try out level three, and just throw them. You'll see Shuma swallow the opponent. Shittiest HC's in the game? You can't be serious.

I didn't realize it's worthless unless you hit heavy after.

jdub03

ICallItFutile said:
Doesn't do a lot of damage. What do you mean by dirt nap? That it just knocks you to the ground? Doesn't seem worth three bars.

I don't think you finished the hyper. It's a two parter. After the bite you have to hit H near them to encase them in Gorath's mighty wrath. What's also great about it is you can launchthem after the bite and do M M and then hit H.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
jdub03 said:
I don't think you finished the hyper. It's a two parter. After the bite you have to hit H near them to encase them in Gorath's mighty wrath. What's also great about it is you can launched them after the bite and do M M and then hit H.

What's also cool is if they block the first part, you can still get them with the second part any time while his color has still changed. I just tried it against a CPU in training with All Guard on.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ICallItFutile said:
What's also cool is if they block the first part, you can still get them with the second part any time while his color has still changed. I just tried it against a CPU in training with All Guard on.
facepalm.jpg

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm surprised more people aren't disappointed with Shuma's model - think he looks awful. The white patches just make him look unfinished.

I just hate Nina Jilliams.

Practically bought these characters out of necessity. Blech. Gotta go wash the taste of Capcom's manhood out of my mouth. Excuse.

jdub03

Noooooo! I just played gootecks with my new team. He mopped the floor with me. I hope it doesn't go on the next adventures of gootecks. I looked real scrubby.

jdub03 said:
Noooooo! I just played gootecks with my new team. He mopped the floor with me. I hope it doesn't go on the next adventures of gootecks. I looked real scrubby.

LOOOOLLLL

best post so far. I will be looking for you.

jdub03

Prototype-03 said:
LOOOOLLLL

best post so far. I will be looking for you.

Im hoping he was only doing a training session. I still have trouble dealing with sentinel charge force. Wolverine with that assist opens my defense wide open.

So I bit the bullet and bought Shuma, and I'm glad I did. He fits as the third man I was searching for in my Zero/Chun-Li team. Since my Zero and Chun-Li are both rushdown and almost all offense, his Mystic Ray assist's start-up doesn't hurt me too bad and I can use it for cover. Plus his hyper combo fits right in for DHCing with either character. And for a beginner like me his L->M->H->S is easy to pull off.

I fought a match and didn't do too poorly, I think I could have won if it wasn't for two mistakes: pulling a Zero assist out at the wrong time and he lost 3/4 of full health, right as Chun-Li died. Then I tried to XFC Shuma's Hyper Mystic Ray into his level 3 but I messed up on the execution and failed miserably. Live and learn, I guess.

But I'm glad I spent the $5. Eventually I'll get Jill, I guess, but I only had 430 leftover points on my account so I can deny myself until an XBLA game comes out that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom