• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got on the gaf chat and almost everyone is idle. People are always busy on the PSN chat as well.

Certainly not as tightly wound a community as the BlazBlue one...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
haunts said:
Whats the GAF IRC channel? is it on efnet?
#gafranbats on irc.globalgamers.net
SolarPowered said:
I just got on the gaf chat and almost everyone is idle. People are always busy on the PSN chat as well.

Certainly not as tightly wound a community as the BlazBlue one...
Well everytime I go in there people are playing GGPO and Super, not much Marvel in the extended time after release.

def sim

enzo_gt said:
Play on very hard, it's a better representation of what you may run into online, with the unpredictability and all.

Playing against the AI will give you bad habits. On very hard, the AI is basicaly a shitty player who guesses right almost all the time. Very easily beaten but discourages offense because it doesn't get mixed up like real players would.

Ferrio said:
Pretty much, if your team is hinged on just one particular strat, all it takes is someone knocking that piece out and your fucked. Main reasons I got rid of Hsien ko. She only has one thing going for her, and if someone just does a simple snap back it's all for nothing.

I will say I love fighting against pheonix, snapping them in always gives me a good laugh.
Yeah, I'm running into this a lot as someone who uses Hsien-Ko on point. I could probably drop her for someone else, but I want to stick with her in the long run. The lack of a lvl3 hyper, no otg crossover and slow mobility are going to make her more of a liability than I'd like to admit.

I think I'll use the PS3 version as my test ground, where I can try different teams and strategies. The 360 will mostly likely be my default machine for a long time to come...
enzo_gt said:
Well everytime I go in there people are playing GGPO and Super, not much Marvel in the extended time after release.
The lack of spectator mode is hurting it's longevity. The coolest thing about Gaf for me was knowing that I could go into the BlazBlue thread or Pokemon thread months later and I'd find the scene as strong as ever. Hell, BlazBlue held on for a good while after it was put in the community section.

I don't see this game holding it's momentum at all in the long run. It's going to be a boring decade until MvC4...

GeoNeo

I disagree.
haunts said:
yeah magus and I were talking about tasky at starbase last night on what his -major- weaknesses are and he doesnt really seem to have any. sure he might have a hard time opening people up, but his offense is still pretty good, not that he even really needs it. lmao. he does so much damage off of basic shit its ridiculous.

i feel like task/sent/phoenix is easily one of the best teams in the game. you can do so much damage with task and sent early on and save all the meter for phoenix.

I agree Taskmaster is one of the most well rounded characters.

- great health
- does huge fucking damage
- his combos are not hard to get down at all (if you can do mag loops taskmaster is a cake walk)
- he can pretty much fit into any team
- he can build meter fast and if needed does not need to use meter (that is why you are seeing a lot of phoenix players picking him up)
- keep away or rush down he can easily handle both

lmao he really does great teamed up with mags. Taskmaster >>> The robot all day every day.

People are gonna hate me, but I've finally got a real team that I can practice with, Dormammu/Trish/Shuma. 100% runaway, too :D

Dormammu with Peekaboo assist = infinite flame carpet :)
Trish with Dark Hole assist = that wolverine rushdown
Dorm and Trish with Mystic ray assist = nigga said, denied
Shuma = ruler of the chaos dimension

QisTopTier said:
Edit: where the fuck are all the c.viper players that bitch is amazing
I was using her but I dropped her due to her worthless team synergy. Crap assists, ass DHCs. That and she doesn't build meter for anyone but herself.

Neki

GG Q. Your taskmaster pisses me off beyond belief though, that keep away game is annoying. I also love how he rapes 3/4 of my character hp in one combo, AWESOME. D:

gibration

God's Beard said:
People are gonna hate me, but I've finally got a real team that I can practice with, Dormammu/Trish/Shuma. 100% runaway, too :D

Dormammu with Peekaboo assist = infinite flame carpet :)
Trish with Dark Hole assist = that wolverine rushdown
Dorm and Trish with Mystic ray assist = nigga said, denied
Shuma = ruler of the chaos dimension

I was using her but I dropped her due to her worthless team synergy. Crap assists, ass DHCs. That and she doesn't build meter for anyone but herself.
I have been trying out Dormammu because I really like but the only other character that I like as a teammate is Trish. Still looking for a third. How's shuma? Haven't played him yet.

As for C. Viper, yea she has no team that goes really well with her. I dropped her too.

Alucrid

Banned
I still don't have a team. Taskmaster is a yes since he's the only character I'm somewhat good with. Ammy possibly if I can master her weapon change combos...I'll have to figure them out first though. Last one is still unknown. I'm not that great with Wesker, I was thinking Jill but I have a tough time getting in with her. Sent is always a backup but I really don't want to use him and I suck with Doom and am not going to use him solely for his assists. Jeeze....

haunts

Bacon of Hope
tumblr_li5lnpBPrE1qg4s5uo1_500.gif

Alucrid said:
I still don't have a team. Taskmaster is a yes since he's the only character I'm somewhat good with. Ammy possibly if I can master her weapon change combos...I'll have to figure them out first though. Last one is still unknown. I'm not that great with Wesker, I was thinking Jill but I have a tough time getting in with her. Sent is always a backup but I really don't want to use him and I suck with Doom and am not going to use him solely for his assists. Jeeze....
I got some mileage out of Ammy before I learned a weapon switch combo. Put her up anyways.

DR2K

Banned
gibration said:
As for C. Viper, yea she has no team that goes really well with her. I dropped her too.

Viper + Cold star leads to unbloackable set ups with FA. I personally rock Viper, Hulk, and Ammy.

rivals

After experimenting with some random characters I've decided the only one I definitely want to keep on my team is Ammy. I'm thinking so far about X-23 on point, Ammy in the middle and I don't know who I want for the anchor yet. I was thinking about Morrigan but I'm struggling with getting her bnb down. I can't get the timing right of the M, 6M, S after the air M, M, H, S. I haven't even gotten to start thinking about assists and DHCs for them yet though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
rivals said:
I can't get the timing right of the M, 6M, S after the air M, M, H, S.

This combo annoys the hell out of me. And have fun with that shit when playing online lawl.

rivals

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that. I am going to try to play more local than online though but even still. I might swap her out for someone else if I can find someone who works well with the other two and I enjoy playing.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
If you end up adding X-23, I highly recommend adding Tron as well. X / Tron / Ammy is a solid team IMO.

dralla

why couldn't they give tron some sort of mix up game. i'd gladly sacrifice 100K health for more offensive options. plus her damage output kinda sucks because all of her normals are multi-hits [scaling]. ugh :[

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:

Eh, she has unblockable's with some assist, and isn't her fire kick an overhead assist... that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.

hitsugi

QisTopTier said:
Eh, she has unblockable's with some assist, and isn't her fire kick an overhead assist... that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.
Too much effort to maximize potential for a year or so. give people time to get bored of ezmode tactics first

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
hitsugi said:
Too much effort to maximize potential for a year or so. give people time to get bored of ezmode tactics first
True :p

She-Hulk
Viper
Tron
should work really really good :p

aka we cant ever hit you and for some reason our joystick must be busted cause we can't block anything

rivals said:
After experimenting with some random characters I've decided the only one I definitely want to keep on my team is Ammy. I'm thinking so far about X-23 on point, Ammy in the middle and I don't know who I want for the anchor yet. I was thinking about Morrigan but I'm struggling with getting her bnb down. I can't get the timing right of the M, 6M, S after the air M, M, H, S. I haven't even gotten to start thinking about assists and DHCs for them yet though.

Dorm. That's my old team... works really well. Would've kept that team if I didn't like Jill so much.

QisTopTier said:
Most of the unblockables in the game are gimmicks that can be really easily avoided, like Sentinel and Wesker. You have to consider overall utility when you choose assists. Fire kick sucks because it bounces the opponent too high for awesome combos, but it's probably her best assist. Seismo is really bad unless you absolutely need an OTG, and knuckle is...

Just because moves have special properties doesn't make them strong. All of C.Viper's assists basically mean you lose some utility for another character. Your best bet is to run her point with really good assist characters like a bizarro phoenix. She has some of the worst team synergy out of the cast.

I'm trying to stay as realistic as possible when it comes to practical applications of my team, and I'm thinking of completely scrapping mine and looking at the cast with fresh eyes.

Dormammu I like but he might not be my play style.
Trish... doesn't do damage.
Shuma, my love, cannot get in without serious help, and his hypers are kinda bad. Mystic Ray assist is not as good as I need it to be.

I think I'm going to scrap my original idea of building a team that can mold itself to any situation and find a team that I can carve a path through anything with. Stop looking at the mixed, balanced characters and find ones that do extremely well at their jobs, then formulate synergy around their individuality.

And that means I'm gonna start by looking at MODOK and Thor.

zlatko

Banned
If anyone on 360 still hasn't bought the DLC characters I'm selling my codes for both Jill and Shuma that came with the LE.

PM me if interested. :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finally managed to land one of those damned extended Magnus combo's online. lol. It felt gdlk. Gotta work on doing that shit all of the time now.

Trish / Dorm were so good together, but I am ass with her. :/ Gotta find a spot between Dante and Dorm. Probably either Magnus or Spencer.

Would the DHC glitch count if you caught someone in the cinematic super, then DHC to Dorm's fireball, then Pillar, Pillar, another Fireball, etc.?

Mister Wilhelm said:
Does anyone else here agree with Keits that X-23 is a better but more complex version of Wolverine?

I do. I've said that since the beginning. She's not as strong but she's quicker with more ridiculous mixup games.

DR2K

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
Does anyone else here agree with Keits that X-23 is a better but more complex version of Wolverine?

She's the 2nd best at what she does for a reason. X-23 hasn't really been explored yet or proven as much as Wolverine to come up with that conclusion.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow I actually went 9-10 vs Q. Started doing well after I stopped abusing Shehulks slide and started using the command throw more. Dropped my Tron combo so much though : (.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ferrio said:
Wow I actually went 9-10 vs Q. Started doing well after I stopped abusing Shehulks slide and started using the command throw more. Dropped my Tron combo so much though : (.
Yeah I got so used to you doing slides I started eating grabs x.x

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Yeah I got so used to you doing slides I started eating grabs x.x

Ya haha. Thing is I'm used to being able to follow up with a slide when the tron assist hits... but I guess I was always recovering from blockstun or something cause it'd never come out fast enough against you.

I don't grab much unless on resets because people online love to spam attacks, so i usually end up eating something.

Edit: We had an epic ending one match too. Shuma had just taken out my 2nd member, and she hulk was coming in with barely any health. Shuma had no health either, but was x factored and had chaos dimension ready for shehulk coming in. She hulk jumps in and I'm pretty much expecting I'm dead, but I get off the grab first and throw shuma to his death. I was quite surprised. HEAVE HO!

Played for like 5 hours straight with a buddy locally tonight. God it feels so much better than online. Discovered how awesome Hulk can be and want him on my teams now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom