• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
Practice, practice, practice. IIRC Storm can OTG with her ice hyper. Knock someone to the ground (set dummy/record dummy to not auto-get up) and do her hyper. Then switch characters and practice. AFAIK OTG isn't too strict. So long as they're on the "ground" you can OTG them.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Call the otg assist as soon as you hit the ground, has to be done as fast as possible.

Thanks for the advice. I went into training and for about an hour just played around with Wesker's Samurai Edge, Storm's Ice Storm hyper, and Dormaamu's Level 3. I've finally gotten to the point where I can reliably do it in training with those characters, but I'm still only being able to do OTG finishers and not string them into longer combos. But at least now I've got the timing down. Baby steps.

enzo_gt said:
The most missions I have done for anyone is Hulk, and that's 8. 200+ missions done, but I don't know how much further I can go till I hit my peak. Spiderman's 4th one is a bitch. Spent another 10 minutes on it today and got nothing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with getting to the end missions. I've managed to get to the fifth mission on every character except Morrigan. Her third mission kills me because I cannot reliably dash in mid-combo, or wavedash reliably either. Dashing is my Achilles' heel in this game as I know it's important for the more advanced combos but I just can't pull it off well. But back to missions, I've gotten to mission 8 with a few characters, but most characters are hovering in the 5-6 range and I can't get any further.

---

On another note, I managed to finally fight a High Lord on Ranked, so now I can stick to Player matches for a while until I get my confidence/skills up and try to get 5 wins in a row. The High Lord match was extremely laggy for a bit though and for the first part I was actually keeping up with him. Then the internet connection synced up and the lag disappeared and he wiped the floor with me. I don't think I got an attack off after the lag left.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Incendiary said:
I've managed to get to the fifth mission on every character except Morrigan. Her third mission kills me because I cannot reliably dash in mid-combo, or wavedash reliably either.
That one's easy. Just start the combo with a ground dash; Morrigan's ground dash makes her airborne.

Dirtbag

DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!

Hidden Missles

DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!

Hidden Missles

DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!

Hidden Missles

shaowebb

I went against all that was sensible and I've been trying to play with my thumb all slashed and stitched.

It hurts, but it doesn't bleed today and most importantly I don't lose stitches when I use it. My inputs are rough but I'll look on the bright side...maybe It'll make me more careful with what I choose to throw out and make me a better player.

Anyhow this is what I've found I like

I like Wolverine/Ryu/Doom so far. Lots of assist coverage creating a lot of constant pressure setups here. I tried wesker in place of wolverine, but I just didn't care for the synergy

I also liked Magneto/Dormammu/Spencer surprising amount of damage came from this team because it quite simply stayed unapproachable. Lots of ziplines, flight and teleports surrounded by shit every where. Good stuff.

Also punishing Ammy's Okami Shuffle is awesome! I wanna try to use it as a guaranteed dead dog setup. I don't care to burn all my meter for it either so I'm thinking either Xfactor through first hit into full team hyper or Xfactor through first hit into dhc until dead.

I hate that dog. It destroys me and is the main reason I keep dropping matches to people. I'll burn through meter and xfactor just for the guarantee that she's dead.

Meet your maker mutt.
Wait...Ammy's a God. Does that mean she'd die and go high five Hideki Kamiya or something?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey shaowebb, you up for riding along to Power-Up in Cincy next month? Not a 100% sure thing for me yet but I thought I'd throw that out there in the likely event that I'm going.

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:
Hey shaowebb, you up for riding along to Power-Up in Cincy next month? Not a 100% sure thing for me yet but I thought I'd throw that out there in the likely event that I'm going.

God your an awesome guy. Sad thing is I'm a college guy on a fixed schedule. I'm off M/T/W and I'm finishing my 4 year degree in 2 while working fulltime.

Dammit you tempt me so much though! Make sure to post any fun stuff you see though. It'll keep me warm during those long nights of animating till 5am. On the plus side though in about a year theres a good chance I can start putting in work on designs I have for games while working within the industry somewhere.

Now If only I could end up with a WB game studio so I could make an alpha demo for a DC 3 on 3 fighter to pitch them...

EDIT: Feel free to keep rapin away at me the next time I'm on though. Your last team was pretty swank and I know you just put in Taskmaster so I'd love to see how your doin. I'm still scrubby due to all this college and now my thumb but hey at least I'm takin notes for the moments I do get to practice.

EDIT EDIT: While in Cincy go to Jungle Jim's. Its a grocery store the size of 3 walmarts that's world reknown for having EVERY food ever from anywhere. Last time I went the warehouse of glass bottled pops and energy drinks nearly made me into a diabetic. Place is awesome to sweeten up a road trip when in cincy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dirtbag said:
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!
DISRUPTER!

Hidden Missles
PLASMA BEAM
PLASMA BEAM
BLACK COFFEE
BLACK COFFEE
BLACK COFFEE

Let's not forget how stupidly fast and wide it's hit area covers.

*I personally like it for countering sents assist it eats all 3 drones quick*

also it's good to finally see someone besides one of my friends knowing wtf they are doing with modok, he's honestly one of the better characters in the game.
Yeah, it's definitely one of the best assists in the game just because it beats most of the best assist in the game. The initial laser hit connects low enough to avoid projectile collisions.

I would use MODOK, but I just don't have the execution for him yet. I keep accidentally hitting up and flying with him.

Oh, and after using Taskmaster for a day or two, I have started to feel a bit bad for Sentinel players (amid my glee, of course). It seems like Taskmaster just stomps every single aspect of the character.

What are people's thoughts on Iron Man?
He's probably the best partner for Dormammu, but I refuse to put him on my team because I hate his personality.

Who's "bad" in this game? Like everyone is talking about top 3 and stuff, but who's like worst 3 in this?
Worst 3, I'd say Ryu for sure, and then everyone else seems strong in some way to me.

This is actually what boggles my mind with this game almost more than anything else. You have characters like sentinel, taskmaster, akuma, wolverine etc who do a retarded amount of damage through pretty simple combos, yet characters like iron man have to work their ass off to get anything above 400k w/o a super. Its like, why? Why not give everyone a solid, fairly easy combo. I dunno.. Get what im saying though?
You have to have some simpler characters and some more complex ones. If everyone were on Iron Man's level of execution, the game would die out really fast. You need a Sentinel in the game because it keeps the noobs playing, which means they don't sell it to Gamestop as fast. On the other hand, if everyone could do awesome stuff with low execution, high-execution players would quickly get bored with the game. You need a healthy mix of beginner and advanced characters; all of them have advanced stuff, though. Some just need it more than others.

She's fucking terrible. She does have her gold assist which indeed kicks all ass, and I would say takes her out of being crap... but it takes too much to setup

1. She's semi useless until you get her gold armor off, so she's wasted till that point
2. Getting the armor off you either have to hope your opponent is stupid, or waste a good dhc. You could take advantage of the glitch now I suppose... but that's still 3 bars you'd need to use and have a special team makeup.
3. You're restricted on your DHCs during combat due to not wanting to bring her out
4. To get the most outta it she'll be you anchor, which she isn't bad but not the best
5. All it takes is one snapback and you gotta do it all over again.

It just requires too much sacrifice to get her into a state where she's good, and someone can instantly nullify it if they get a hit in. She may not be in the worst 3, but she's damn close. The assist gimmick is the only thing she has going for her, and it's just not worth it.
All I read here is: I think Hsien-ko is only good for her assist. Maybe you should stop being so reliant on that assist - she's actually a really nice point character. Zero is pretty beastly with his power-up assist, but you don't see people using him like Hsien-ko. Her gold armored assist is a gimmick, it's not the whole character. If anything, I found I continually did worse when trying to abuse her assist than when I just played it out with her on point, because she's such a terrible anchor, and you are so afraid of bringing her back out on point because of "all the hard work" you had to do to get her out.

I thought so too but then I saw the damage Ryu does on chip and the versatility of his beams.
He only does 3K difference in chip per Hadoken vs. Akuma (90K on hit vs. 100K), and Akuma's beam comes out significantly faster.

I thought Ryu's tatsu would choke in comparison to Akuma's but it's just as versatile for assist setups.
Akuma's Tatsu assist is noticably superior. It eats projectiles and juggles slower, allowing you to relaunch with a lot of the cast; Ryu's does not.

Who is everyone's blacksheep right now?
Felicia and Chun-li; they're just not for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Incendiary said:
Thanks for the advice. I went into training and for about an hour just played around with Wesker's Samurai Edge, Storm's Ice Storm hyper, and Dormaamu's Level 3. I've finally gotten to the point where I can reliably do it in training with those characters, but I'm still only being able to do OTG finishers and not string them into longer combos. But at least now I've got the timing down. Baby steps.

Yeah, just takes practice to get timing and stuff down. I'm not too sure how well the "simulated lag" option in the training menu is, but set it to 0 bars/lag city and then practice with the input delay screwing with your timing. If you can get the timing down in 0 bars, you can probably do it on the dime in very good 5 bar connections.

Now If only I could end up with a WB game studio so I could make an alpha demo for a DC 3 on 3 fighter to pitch them...

Marvel vs DC vs Kellogs vs Capcom: CLASH OF THE NEW INTERNET MEMES

What assist do people who use Taskmaster recommend? I'd assume the shot or tilt up, not straight up?
I think most Taskmaster players use the H. Arrow. I use the V. Arrow, because the first arrow lands just outside of Flame Carpet's range, so it's really nice for Dormammu. Subject to change in the future, though.

To buy Shuma or not to buy, thats the question.
Are you hoping someone here will enable you? I got him via the CE, but I would have bought him otherwise. Even if he isn't on my permanent team, he's a lot of fun, and I don't regret the purchase.

Don't buy. Send Capcom the message they can't give us rushed products that lack modes (say... Spectator and Replays) that it's predecessor/grandfather fucking has in it's fourth entry. >:|
Yes, not buying DLC characters clearly demonstrates that you want Spectator Mode. I am sure Capcom somehow understands this.

Dormammu can easily move around the stage, he has teleports. That's why he is so good, you think he is just going to sit there at the end of the screen and just chill with his Flame Carpet and full screen moves. Then he calls an assist and teleports behind you for the combo.
I love this imagery. If I had a dollar for every opponent I fought with all rushdown characters, and I just chilled behind a Flame Carpet the entire match...

Wait what? Elaborate please. There's another patch? What is this new challenge mode? Or is this another Shadow Battle.
Patches Tuesday and Friday of this week. New mode entirely plus more Shadow Mode AI.

I absolutely hate when I think I'm doing a qcf hyper and a srk hyper comes out...
Especially with Shuma....

Going to get the game today, no experience of MvC 2, some experience with SSF4.
All aboard the online frustration train?
Take every loss as an opportunity to learn.

Question guys.....

I have a Gamecube Soul Calibur 2 hori arcade stick.....i was wondering if i get a converter to USB would it work for my PS3?

elitehebrew said:
Question guys.....

I have a Gamecube Soul Calibur 2 hori arcade stick.....i was wondering if i get a converter to USB would it work for my PS3?
I don't know of any Gamecube to USB converters that offer full compatibility. An alternative would be to replace the PCB with something PS3-compatible like cthulhu, but that might be a hassle due to the limited space inside the case and the buttons of that stick are soldered directly to the GCN PCB.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
That one's easy. Just start the combo with a ground dash; Morrigan's ground dash makes her airborne.
And why exactly doesn't the game tell you this input is part of the combo? FFS.

Had to YT it myself to figure out this shit.

Chavelo

Okay, just got done with both Dormammu's and Taskmaster's missions this Saturday. Now, all I'm doing is styling on fools like a boss with both of them... but I have no assists at the moment.

All I use at the moment is Dorm's Purification for OTG and Taskie's horizontal arrows for keeping away. Who's a good assist than can help these guys out? I was rocking Wesker for a while, but he is more of a point guy to me. Doctor Doom's missiles are annoying as hell, but he's so awkward to use in one-on-one situations.

Any suggestions, Marvel-GAF?

Hsien-Ko with hyper armor looks fun, will need to learn her, tho...

ALSO, NO SENTINEL ALLOWED. D:

Sixfortyfive said:

....I feel stupid now.

Thanks though!

EDIT:
Chavelo said:
Okay, just got done with both Dormammu's and Taskmaster's missions this Saturday. Now, all I'm doing is styling on fools like a boss with both of them... but I have no assists at the moment.

All I use at the moment is Dorm's Purification for OTG and Taskie's horizontal arrows for keeping away. Who's a good assist than can help these guys out? I was rocking Wesker for a while, but he is more of a point guy to me. Doctor Doom's missiles are annoying as hell, but he's so awkward to use in one-on-one situations.

The first team I ran with was Task on point, Dormaamu with Purification and Iron Man with Unibeam. Iron Man's regular combos are kinda hard to pull off, especially with his c.H, but the Unibeam is a good assist cover for getting in close with Taskmaster. But I'm not an expert, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Incendiary said:
The first team I ran with was Task on point, Dormaamu with Purification and Iron Man with Unibeam. Iron Man's regular combos are kinda hard to pull off, especially with his c.H, but the Unibeam is a good assist cover for getting in close with Taskmaster. But I'm not an expert, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.
Yeah I play Iron Man and wouldn't even recommend him for anything :lol

Any beam assist; Dormammu loves them, and Taskmaster benefits from them.

jdub03

Drestinson SRK or whatever has found the ultimate cheese team. Hsien-Ko/Arthur/sentinel. He super armors Hsien-Ko then keeps you out with Arthur and sentinel drones. That is the most frustrating tactic I've seen online. I'll need to do mote snap backs to kill off Hsien-Ko.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
All I read here is: I think Hsien-ko is only good for her assist. Maybe you should stop being so reliant on that assist - she's actually a really nice point character. Zero is pretty beastly with his power-up assist, but you don't see people using him like Hsien-ko. Her gold armored assist is a gimmick, it's not the whole character. If anything, I found I continually did worse when trying to abuse her assist than when I just played it out with her on point, because she's such a terrible anchor, and you are so afraid of bringing her back out on point because of "all the hard work" you had to do to get her out.

Probably because that's what I was saying. I can play her on point easily enough, it's just she doesn't really have much going for her on point. Her damage output is beyond shitty, her health is pretty damn low, her zoning is adequate, and her mobility is quite terrible.

She's not a total loss, I mean she has some OTG supers that can link into each other, her assist, and some decent normals... but other than that she's pretty lackluster.

Probably because that's what I was saying. I can play her on point easily enough, it's just she doesn't really have much going for her on point. Her damage output is beyond shitty, her health is pretty damn low, her zoning is adequate, and her mobility is quite terrible.

She's not a total loss, I mean she has some OTG supers that can link into each other, her assist, and some decent normals... but other than that she's pretty lackluster.
I respectfully disagree, I think she's a great point character. Her damage output is respectable for all the tools she has. Trish has low damage output if you just look at her combos, but that's not really looking at Trish. Hsien-ko has the game's only projectile reflector that can actually hurt your opponent if it touches them, and she can move independently of it - wow! She's one of the few characters who can set up her own unblockables, she's the only character who can give herself hyper armor, she has range on her normals that rivals Sentinel, BUT she can cancel them all into gong on whiff, which is a hell of a lot better than Sentinel's options on a bad attack.

She benefits from a projectile assist to help her apply ranged pressure, but it's just as fun to use a meter-building assist while chilling behind the wall of gong vibrations.

Maybe she's just not for you? I see a ton of amazing tools at her disposal, but like many characters, it requires a team that really utilizes them. Hsien-ko isn't Taskmaster or Akuma, you can't just slap her onto any team and call it a day.

Haha, that's exactly what I do in the first match of this video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4j_gBRDjs
Nice matches.

Edit: I'm amused that the Fighter came closer to beating you than the 4th Lord.

Ugh I got hit by that tactic before. One of the reasons I picked up Dorm. He doesn't take that shit lightly.
If you just want Hsien-ko to be your assist, don't start with her on point. Pick someone you can play on point without needing her assist at the start, and either TAC her in or DHC into her hyper armor. Otherwise you risk taking huge damage, because half of this game is figuring out your opponent's strategy. As soon as they see Hsien-ko on point with two keepaway characters, they know what you're going to do; you still don't know what their first move is, though.

Barrage

Chavelo said:

Dorm/Task/Magneto

or

Dorm/Task/Shuma

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The problem with Hsien Ko teams is that they often rely too much on that assist so if you kill Hsien Ko, you've pretty much won. Really annoying if she gets it off and gets out though, yeah.

shaowebb

ReiGun said:
Playlist of my scrubby ass playing with a friend. I gotta hit training mode. Dropped the soap way too many times.

Went through and watched your vid. You have some problems but I think I can help. I haven't put in the practice myself to be great but I'm past this point by now.

Your biggest problems seem to be this.

1. You're not pushblocking enough
  2. you only have combos with x-23
  3. you're not using assists properly

You have a pretty good combo with X-23 but it seems like you can only land it from an overhead or from a clean basic shot on the ground into the combo. This is why your jumping around a lot with X-23 and thats fine, but your not setting it up properly. I know what your doing with that repulsor blast assist is trying to get them to guard long enough to zip behind them on the ground and eat them with the combo, but its over too quickly and you're staying too far out.

Either get in there or use a different assist to set that up. Doom hidden missile could be fun because they may not catch it and when you see it coming you could come in with ankle slice or go behind into your rushdown combo. I just like hidden missile but honestly there are lots of characters to set this up with. Tatsus from Akuma or Ryu, Charging Star from cap, Berzerker Barrage from wolverine. It's all good if all you need is something to setup a block. Just get in there though. Full screen attempts at go behind usually don't make it.

Also I mentioned rushdown. Your Chunli assist is meant to keep pressure on people to corner them but I just see it thrown at random like your trying to get a free hit in to set your combo. It's good if it happens but likely shes just gonna start getting bodied, ignored by people or hit with hypers. With that assist you need to rushdown or throw a ton of stuff at them like people do with storm afterwards. Doesn't matter if they block because you keep summoning her near the end of your combo attempt to keep the damage constant and I dont think they can pushblock her off. THIS is when you overhead, go behind or ankle slice.

Also, learn some combos with Chun. Anything with a launch sets up for a ton because her airdash keeps her combos flying around in the sky for awhile. Great character and I encourage keeping her with X-23 so long as you use the two together properly.

Finally Ironman. Don't back off too far with him. He's a midscreen character and his ability to suck people into his combos that are jumping is great. Not only that but his smart bombs are great for setups if you know how to use them. It seems like you just use Ironman for keep away beaming though and thats not meant for him. His beam is just not good enough because it's easily punishable and takes too long to finish. You may wanna try Deadpool for this since his happy trigger is aimable, can be done from air, is fast, and you can use pineapple surprise or teleport to cover his escape if they close the gap. If you like Ironman it's fine. Hes a beast if you can use him, but learn to fly and keep out of the corner and study his combos. I see you do nothing but block with him. He is also who you pushblock the least with so your eating chips.

Also don't be afraid to just go for chip more if all your doing is keep away with someone. Force em to make the decision to jump in or teleport or eat chips. Have a plan for how they could approach you too. This is why I feel Deadpool may fit you better even if his damage aint as good. He just fits what you were trying to do and has options to escape so long as it's not a teleport coming at him during happy trigger. To be honest Magneto's Disruptor may just be the best in the game for this kind of stuff and he is a solid character, who is definitely gonna be better than Deadpool since deadpool also takes awhile with happy trigger. HE can't aim his disruptor though but that doesn't seem to be a big thing for you given your using repulsor right now.

Have fun man. Hope this helps.

jdub03

LeMaximilian said:
Haha, that's exactly what I do in the first match of this video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4j_gBRDjs

Ha ha, good stuff. I watched the first episode, I guess I'll go through this one too. I might copy some of your tactics. He doesn't switch out immediately either so there is plenty of time to kill her off. I just couldn't get in. I'm still figuring out the best way to combat sentinel drone tactics.

Edit: I didn't know hidden missiles OTG'ed. That is ridiculous. Those things are too good.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
If you just want Hsien-ko to be your assist, don't start with her on point. Pick someone you can play on point without needing her assist at the start, and either TAC her in or DHC into her hyper armor. Otherwise you risk taking huge damage, because half of this game is figuring out your opponent's strategy. As soon as they see Hsien-ko on point with two keepaway characters, they know what you're going to do; you still don't know what their first move is, though.

Uhh, think first of all you read me wrong. I was saying someone hit me with a sentinal/hsein keep away, not the other way around. This was before I was running with Dorm on my team.

And yes I'm well aware of all these things, but doesn't matter. First of all I don't run a zoning team, and second I dropped her from the team, I'll still play with her, but not on ranked. She's too much a liability.

Why when I start a fight online their record never matches up to what it is when the fight is over? It's always wrong.

Before fight -- "17 wins, 43 losses." After fight "145 wins, 43 losses."

WTF?

Ferrio

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Why when I start a fight online their record never matches up to what it is when the fight is over? It's always wrong.

WTF?

Ya I bet I was confusing people when I had a bigger win streak than my actual wins. I actually like it now...I had quite a few people would see my win record and just give up. Now it fools them and lulls them into a sense of security. "Oh 13-18 this guy'll be easy. " *kicks the shit outta them, then they get to see the 158-18 or whatever it is now*

Uhh, think first of all you read me wrong. I was saying someone hit me with a sentinal/hsein keep away, not the other way around. This was before I was running with Dorm on my team.
I was just using it as an example; I read you fine.

WTF?
Maybe it'll be fixed this week with the patches...or maybe it'll be even more broken!

Dexa

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:

WTF?

ya - its broken. i bet the game's match making is working with the wrong numbers too.

Morris

Disco Devil
CartridgeBlower said:

WTF?

Mine shows like 30 wins, 22 losses when I actually have 160 wins, 22 losses :(

Ferrio

Banned
Getting hit by random Akuma hurricane kicks -> hyper is the most annoying shit online. I feel like such a dumbass everytime it happens.

Ferrio said:
Getting hit by random Akuma hurricane kicks -> hyper is the most annoying shit online. I feel like such a dumbass everytime it happens.

No worries. It's not just the online, it's just the people will mash something out. They have no tactics whatsoever and will just press buttons and do random supers. You just end up eating stupid stuff because of it.

hitsugi said:
online play is bad for your health, man.

I agree with this as well. I have literally gotten hit by doing block, letting go of stick (no buttons pressed, btw), and I see that they're doing a projectile, block again and I get hit. Someone really messed up the online at Capcom.

edit: I can deal with lag tactics. Hell, I can even admit that I'll lose to a player who's better than me. But in this game, I can't even do the basic stuff because of the bad online. It's really frustrating.

Indeed, nothing embarrasses me more. Coming in second is calling an assist while Sentinel or a beam character are X-Factored. I just want to hit myself every time I do it, especially if it results in a lost match.

I agree with this as well. I have literally gotten hit by doing block, letting go of stick (no buttons pressed, btw), and I see that they're doing a projectile, block again and I get hit. Someone really messed up the online at Capcom.

edit: I can deal with lag tactics. Hell, I can even admit that I'll lose to a player who's better than me. But in this game, I can't even do the basic stuff because of the bad online. It's really frustrating.
I don't think the online is good, but what exactly do you mean by "basic stuff"? I can combo fine and all unless I'm facing a lagger.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
I don't think the online is good, but what exactly do you mean by "basic stuff"? I can combo fine and all unless I'm facing a lagger.

Super Jump after a block stun is a good example.

Karsticles said:

I can't block because the game doesn't register my inputs on time. I can't even do jump and block because when I jump forward and press back right away, it doesn't register it and I get hit by a projectile. So I get outzoned and can't get in because of lag.

dankir

HiResDes said:
I absolutely hate when I think I'm doing a qcf hyper and a srk hyper comes out...

It's cuz you are holding forward when you start the SRK motion. Put your joystick, thumbpad, etc back to neutral.

I use hulk primarily and his Gamma Tsunami is a great OTG hyper mid screen, it does even more damage if you dash in after the air S. For my first 30 attempts or so I would always end up doing his Rock Avalanche ( whatever it's called ) hyper, cuz I would be holding forward to dash in and then immediately from that doing the SRK motion.

There's a lot of combo's where you start from down + atk xx in SRK motion, the only way I can do it consistently is to go back to neutral right after the down + atk move hits and then during that animation you bust out the SRK motion.

Just be patient :)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yeah I personally cant even do basic fly combos with Magneto online so I typically stay away from it. Ive been playing some of my weaker characters online but over all seems detrimental to my overall game.

dankir said:
It's cuz you are holding forward when you start the SRK motion. Put your joystick, thumbpad, etc back to neutral.

What do you do when you jump forward and want to do qcf (and not TK it)? I get DP's so many times because of this.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
What do you do when you jump forward and want to do qcf (and not TK it)? I get DP's so many times because of this.

I do HCF's then. I have to do it when using Dorm's red/blue powerup after blocking, else I'll get the stupid teleport.

So the new team I'm working on is getting it's ass kicked so much.

-Thor. Land his combos fine.... starting them... a problem
-Spiderman. Have yet to land my b&B successfully online (c.a,c.b,c.C, spider swing, j.b, j.b, j.c, spider sting with followup, c.b, S. j.b, j.b, j.c, spider swing, maximum spider) , I get in quite a bit though.... awkwardly but I do land the the initial hits. Need to work on block strings
-I tossed storm, hate her. Trying to work with Ironman again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom