• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the best characters to work on practicing OTG assists with? I'm having a hell of a time getting timing down for OTG combos, whenever I try to link them or call in assists the timing is off and I always drop them. I tried using Wesker and his Samurai Edge assist, but he's not one of my main people. Any tips on OTG timing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
enzo_gt said:
Wait what? Elaborate please. There's another patch? What is this new challenge mode? Or is this another Shadow Battle.

"R1->License->Set Titles"

"Earn this title by winning Event #"

Patch is going to be event mode and not the fucking Spectator and Replay modes the game NEEDS instead of this shit. >:|

Any tips on OTG timing?

Practice, practice, practice. IIRC Storm can OTG with her ice hyper. Knock someone to the ground (set dummy/record dummy to not auto-get up) and do her hyper. Then switch characters and practice. AFAIK OTG isn't too strict. So long as they're on the "ground" you can OTG them.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Incendiary said:
Who are the best characters to work on practicing OTG assists with? I'm having a hell of a time getting timing down for OTG combos, whenever I try to link them or call in assists the timing is off and I always drop them. I tried using Wesker and his Samurai Edge assist, but he's not one of my main people. Any tips on OTG timing?

Call the otg assist as soon as you hit the ground, has to be done as fast as possible.

Neki

DarkoMaledictus said:
Boy I hate Ammy can combo like a god and then when you try to counter back she has a brain dead counter move she can hold forever... WTF!
You have to push block and if she whiffs on the first H, you can punish. Also when she air dashes in, you can punish her right before she gets near you because 90% of the time she's going in for a dash + overhead, and not a dash + block. So something like Iron Man repulsor blast or Sentinel launcher works well against Ammy with air dash, you need good AA to keep her out.

Ferrio

Banned
Incendiary said:

She hulks otg assist rocks.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Wait what? Elaborate please. There's another patch? What is this new challenge mode? Or is this another Shadow Battle.
This is all that is known about it:
Event Mode will be patched on March 22 and will most likely be available March 25. According to Seth it is a series of special challenges and say it is very exciting. This new mode will also give you the chance get collect more titles that haven't been unlocked yet.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/18/live-ask-capcom-session-christian-svensson/

It's nothing to get hyped over. Also:
Seth and Svensson said there were some surprises for them on the Marvel end of things in the DLC character polls that recently went around. The Capcom side — pretty much — was what they expected it to be.

and...
Seth said there is some god-like stuff in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 that the quality assurance team has discovered that people in the community don't know about yet, but on the other end, the community has already found out things that the QA department didn't figure out.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
enzo_gt said:
Whoa. Certainly sounds about 1000 times more exciting than Shadow Battle. I hope they are MK-like challenges, or things like do an OCV (lol sent) and stuff of the like. Could potentially be awesome.
I think the smartest thing to do when it comes to features from the MvC3 team is to set your expectations low . . .

Dahbomb

With the way Capcom has been putting out the DLCs for this game, I bet 3-4 months from now "vanilla" MVC3 is going to look so incomplete. I bet this DLC was supposed to be in day 1 before Capcom decided to push MVC3 up to look good for their Q1 financial report. I mean the titles for these are already in the game, just left locked for potential DLC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
With the way Capcom has been putting out the DLCs for this game, I bet 3-4 months from now "vanilla" MVC3 is going to look so incomplete. I bet this DLC was supposed to be in day 1 before Capcom decided to push MVC3 up to look good for their Q1 financial report. I mean the titles for these are already in the game, just left locked for potential DLC.
This has more or less been confirmed by the likes of Seth, it's not really a huge corporate secret. They're trying to pump this stuff out fast, but still space it out a bit to give the sense that they're supporting it for the long haul.

Just watched the recorded stream now, and Seth is more than just hinting at DLC characters. He said that they had a "formal discussion" with the team about the DLC list. That's pretty significant and as far as I wanted it to go and it looks like it has.

And LOL @ Seth trying to get Guile's theme into Rock Band.

Dahbomb

Master Milk said:
Event Mode will probably be like GG's Mission Mode, only not as hard.
That would be pretty awesome if true. Imagine if it's something like:

Mission: Beat Team Resident Evil (Jill, Wesker, Chris) with Team X-Men (Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix)

Conditions: Wesker has LVL1 X Factor activated all the time, Jill has Feral Stance all the time and Chris has double the health. Their team starts with 5 bars. Phoenix will not go into Dark Phoenix if she dies, even if she has 5 bars. Storm's hypers will not do block damage. Wolverine can't use Berserker's Charge. You start off with 0 bars and you do not have access to X-Factor.

Dahbomb said:
They should patch in button config at the character/stage select like Blazblue to make tourneys go faster.

Dahbomb said:
That would be pretty awesome if true. Imagine if it's something like:

Mission: Beat Team Resident Evil (Jill, Wesker, Chris) with Team X-Men (Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix)

Conditions: Wesker has LVL1 X Factor activated all the time, Jill has Feral Stance all the time and Chris has double the health. Their team starts with 5 bars. Phoenix will not go into Dark Phoenix if she dies, even if she has 5 bars. Storm's hypers will not do block damage. Wolverine can't use Berserker's Charge. You start off with 0 bars and you do not have access to X-Factor.
Thinking about it, that would be cool, which means it'll probably be something completely different.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
God's Beard said:
Taskmaster = mixed, intermediate (odd moves, unique button presses, lots of good tools for basic but clean strategy)
Shuma= mixed, intermediate (mixing charges and motions can be strange, odd movement, simple but flexible combos)
Jill= Rushdown, advanced (strange moves, strange movements, unorthodox way of creating openings, undefined rushdown)

Thanks! This makes me take further consideration whether to pursue Shuma as a third (still undecided who to pair with Dante and Dorm).

Btw, for those who also played a lot of MvC2, would you say MvC3 is a much more balanced game? Is it a very balanced game in general?

dralla

magneto has some fantastic synergy with x-23. if i didn't suck with her I might actually use her in my team, mag/tron/x-23. just messing around and came up with this - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Myke256/?action=view&current=20110320_220932.mp4 - not entirely practical, but good DHC's from each character.

with mag/x, you can OTG -> Shockwave DHC Weapon X Prime mid-screen. In corner you OTG -> Ankle Slice assist, hyper grav, Mag Tempest DHC Weapon X Prme. With X on point you can actually DHC into Mag Tempest from Rage trigger, even with it's slow ass start up.

hitsugi

ICallItFutile said:
Thanks! This makes me take further consideration whether to pursue Shuma as a third (still undecided who to pair with Dante and Dorm).

Btw, for those who also played a lot of MvC2, would you say MvC3 is a much more balanced game? Is it a very balanced game in general?
Try playing mvc2 with the damage maxed. A lot more characters become viable when a simple combo + super does 60% (or more)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Alright, so what's the secret to dealing with Wesker's teleport? I get my ass kicked my motherfuckers that just do gunshot into teleport shit.

jdub03

_dementia said:
Think of it as more meter saved for other cool stuff.

I've been learning cool weapon change combos. That's all the cool I need. Random shuffle always catches people throwing out moves.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lost Fragment said:
Alright, so what's the secret to dealing with Wesker's teleport? I get my ass kicked my motherfuckers that just do gunshot into teleport shit.
Pray you block right, also hope there isnt lag

LakeEarth

A trick to blocking Wesker is to know exactly the distance he can travel with it. He's not like Dorm/Pheonix where they teleport directly next to the opponent, it has a specific forward distance. Makes it easier to block.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Lost Fragment said:
All of his teleports travel a set distance. Just be aware of that distance so that you know which side to expect him. His teleports seem really safe in general; not that much of a recovery window to punish him if you don't anticipate it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
All of his teleports travel a set distance. Just be aware of that distance so that you know which side to expect him. His teleports seem really safe in general; not that much of a recovery window to punish him if you don't anticipate it.
It must be next to no frames, because on that Marvel Madness stream, as soon as a Dorm saw Wesker initiate the teleport, he did a chaotic flame on reaction and Wesker was still able to block right out of the teleport. Very safe move.

rivals

Argh. Been working on X-23s bnb from the book for a good hour and a half and I'm not very far on it. I can get the two feints but my timing is way off for the jump, M, M, H, S, QCF+L. I hit it maybe 10% of the time. I realized I need to do it early though, I think I was waiting too long before. I also went through a period where the opponent would fall out in the air between the S and the QCF+L but I think that was just me not doing the cancel quick enough.

I think Jill and Chris in MVC3 are very lame. They would have been Leon S. Kenedy and Ada Wong, and they both are better fighters than chris and jill!

HiResDes

I think the easiest last mission was either Modok's or Phoenix's, they've all been rather tough for me...And while Sentinel has the easiest shit, I still have trouble doing his flight combos.

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

A random hyper.

jdub03

Weskers usually try to shoot and teleport. If there doing that I try to stay in the air as much as possible. Raw teleports are a little harder to deal with.

Sixfortyfive

jdub03 said:
Did you finish it? I tried twice then moved on to other missions.
Yeah. The only hard part for me is the c.M right after Mad Beast. I had to mash that shit out to get it to connect. The rest actually flowed pretty well.

jdub03 said:
Weskers usually try to shoot and teleport. If there doing that I try to stay in the air as much as possible. Raw teleports are a little harder to deal with.
Wesker has a weak air game in general, so I think raining down on him from above is usually a pretty good way to go. If you have something that can hit full-screen relatively quickly, bust that out whenever you see him reach for the gun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The most missions I have done for anyone is Hulk, and that's 8. 200+ missions done, but I don't know how much further I can go till I hit my peak. Spiderman's 4th one is a bitch. Spent another 10 minutes on it today and got nothing.

Sixfortyfive

For some reason it's borderline impossible to get my SRK motions to register correctly with Spiderman. No idea why I had so much trouble with him and nobody else.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
For some reason it's borderline impossible to get my SRK motions to register correctly with Spiderman. No idea why I had so much trouble with him and nobody else.
Exactly my issue, Cr.H into Spider Sting is baseline impossible because you end up quickly cancelling Cr.H into Web ball. :/
HiResDes said:
I absolutely hate when I think I'm doing a qcf hyper and a srk hyper comes out...
I'd say I have more of a problem when I'm doing an SRK hyper and a QCF one comes out, causing me to facepalm during the punish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom