• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel Health nerf? Yes! This is exactly the quick 'n' dirty nerf I was asking for. Give Sentinel spammers a little something to keep them in check. Something had to give and this seemed the easiest, most reasonable tweak method for now. This makes things a little more fair for now. Let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work, they just up it later. Simple value change in-game. Core gameplay stays the same, so no reason for Sent users to complain. They were spoiled before.
Are you kidding? I already felt bad for Sentinel users against half the cast of this game. He's completely free to them. He only stomps bad players.

Didnt the producer said that spectator mode is not possible due bandwith issues?
He just said it would be "very hard" to implement. I don't see the issue - nearly every other fighting games does this without problems as a result.

Neki

Honestly, his damage with x-factor is the problem (or maybe even his regular damage because his bnb is extremely easy with high damage) but health was never an issue with Sentinel.

EDIT: Then again, almost everyone's damage with x-factor level 3 is ridiculous. I'm more scared of Wolverine XF3 then Sentinel XF3

yeb

2&2 said:
Sentinel Health nerf? Yes! This is exactly the quick 'n' dirty nerf I was asking for. Give Sentinel spammers a little something to keep them in check. Something had to give and this seemed the easiest, most reasonable tweak method for now. This makes things a little more fair for now. Let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work, they just up it later. Simple value change in-game. Core gameplay stays the same, so no reason for Sent users to complain. They were spoiled before.
Fuck you. Sent wasn't so good that he needed to go from 1.3m health to 900k. How many Sents have you seen dominating tourneys? Scrubs needed to learn how to fucking play against him, instead you guys cry for nerfs and we get this. I hope your characters lose a third of their damage. Enjoy losing to Phoenix, she will inherit online play.

The tourney I was going to this weekend is ruined for me, wonderful. It was going to be my first chance to play against people from LA, and they were handling Sent just fine before.

Honestly, his damage with x-factor is the problem (or maybe even his regular damage because his bnb is extremely easy with high damage) but health was never an issue with Sentinel.

EDIT: Then again, almost everyone's damage with x-factor level 3 is ridiculous. I'm more scared of Wolverine XF3 then Sentinel XF3
I think level 3 X-Factor in general is a problem, for all of the cast. It's just a bad idea in general to put so much into one feature.

Neki

RS4- said:
Oh shit, now Sent players can stop spamming moves now they have less health.
Honestly, I'd be glad to fight any Sentinels that just spam moves, it's so easy to punish because he is fricking large and his moves have terrible recovery. If I have Ammy left against Sentinel now, I almost always win the match up.

vg260

Ultimoo said:

I agree that a damage adjustment would have been best, but that takes a lot more tweaking on Capcom's part. They might need to put more time into it. The health tweak is only one value. Perhaps they are testing this out and have more extensive changes in mind for later. It's easy to up this back this later. This is more of a quick and dirty fix. It might not be permanent, but it does address the problem of him having way more pros then cons, making him no longer a must-have on your team. You have to look at pros/cons more now. I'm so happy about this. Bring on diversity!

hitsugi

Karsticles said:
Are you kidding? I already felt bad for Sentinel users against half the cast of this game. He's completely free to them. He only stomps bad players.

He just said it would be "very hard" to implement. I don't see the issue - nearly every other fighting games does this without problems as a result.

yes and bad players are the whining online masses that capcom listens to, so.. there you go. if that's really what they did in this patch and that's all they did........... :lol

for the record? i don't even PLAY sentinel and i think that it's complete nonsense. if you're having problems with sentinel, you're probably still going to lose to the majority of them.

Neki

2&2 said:
I agree that a damage adjustment would have been best, but that takes a lot more tweaking on Capcom's part. They might need to put more time into it. The health tweak is only one value. Perhaps they are testing this out and have more extensive changes in mind for later. It's easy to up this back this later. This is more of a quick and dirty fix. It might not be permanent, but it does address the problem of him having way more pros then cons, making him no longer a must-have on your team. You have to look at pros/cons more now. I'm so happy about this. Bring on diversity!
He's still a must have on my team regardless of his health, his assist is godlike still.

EDIT: Also, how many matches have you guys actually lost to Sentinel where you thought "man, this jerk has too much health, 400k less and I would have won!"

RS4-

Yeah, there are more problems than just his health. The XF damage boost, the mobility, a command grab, armor and a lame as fuck assist.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
sentinel nerf quality bishes. Not sure if it was necessary.

We need a change list. Hopefully they drop one later today.

yeb

Ultimoo said:
He's still a must have on my team regardless of his health, his assist is godlike still.

EDIT: Also, how many matches have you guys actually lost to Sentinel where you thought "man, this jerk has too much health, 400k less and I would have won!"
This. People complained about everything but his health. One of the players around here who consistently beats me does it with Taskmaster zoning and Sent drones. He won't be affected, but I will because I like Sent on point. This is a nerf that affects the actual Sent players, not the people who use Sent as a filler for anchor/assist.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well that's pretty ridiculous that they dropped his health like that to below average especially since the latest measurement is around 870k - that's nonsense for a huge target with a huge crouching hitbox to have.

This is what happens when whining fan input gets listened to so early on in the game, before anyone can even master it to see it for what it really is - and so many major games have had this same shit happen within its first month in the past year regardless of genre as well.

He's not a problem, step your game up and stop bitching for real.

MThanded

yeb said:
This. People complained about everything but his health. One of the players around here who consistently beats me does it with Taskmaster zoning and Sent drones. He won't be affected, but I will because I like Sent on point. This is a nerf that affects the actual Sent players, not the people who use Sent as a filler for anchor/assist.
kanyecry.gif

Truthfully people have been owning me for free without sentinel. He is not that big of a problem. Especially since people abuse his assist and you can beam hyper him pretty easily.

My guess is this is not the only thing they changed with this patch.

yes and bad players are the whining online masses that capcom listens to, so.. there you go. if that's really what they did in this patch and that's all they did........... :lol

for the record? i don't even PLAY sentinel and i think that it's complete nonsense. if you're having problems with sentinel, you're probably still going to lose to the majority of them.
Taskmaster/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath here. I used to have Sentinel on my main team, but later removed him because as people got better, there were just too many bad matchups that he had no chance without the fortune of having an opponent who is poor at blocking. While I am fine with balancing a game, a month out of the box is far too soon, especially to target a single character with balance changes.

The assist is indirectly nerfed as well. Part of Sentinel's virtue was that he had a great assist and could take the punishment that comes with a bad call or two. 850K health puts him in the range of me simply DHCing from Legion Arrow to Chaotic Flame to kill him on reaction.

yeb

MThanded said:
kanyecry.gif

Truthfully people have been owning me for free without sentinel. He is not that big of a problem.

My guess is this is not the only thing they changed with this patch.
I played Gen in vanilla SF4. I hate nerfs more than you can imagine.

Edit: You stealth nerfed actual text into that!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross in suicide watch.

yeb said:
I played Gen in vanilla SF4. I hate nerfs more than you can imagine.
Hi yeb! Who are you maining now in SSFIV? (And SSFIV AE)

yeb

Fersis said:
Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross in suicide watch.

Hi yeb! Who are you maining now in SSFIV? (And SSFIV AE)
Can't play AE yet, I don't have access to it. I'm not playing Super at all because I hate the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
XFactor nerf could be good.

So what are the chances of Capcom giving us a change log?
Do they have a twitter account to spam about it?

rivals

Karsticles said:
I think level 3 X-Factor in general is a problem, for all of the cast. It's just a bad idea in general to put so much into one feature.

When the game came out I was salty as shit about Sent, after about a week I got over it because I realized he's not really as ridiculous as he seems at first. I completely agree with this statement. Sent's health isn't and never was the issue, it's his XF3 damage but that's an issue with the game itself and not just Sent.

Threi

notag
xfactor nerf was deserved.

sentinel nerf was complete, utter bullshit.

but looking at SSF4 AE it's not even that surprising.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Pai Pai Master said:
"X Factor was nerfed."

"Then again...it may just be my imagination LOL! "

Idiot.

That's why you don't take things at face value from one lone jackass at SRK, it always pays to wait for confirmation.

In fact, I'm going to test my own things on my own when I'm going to play.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Threi said:
xfactor nerf was deserved.

sentinel nerf was complete, utter bullshit.

but looking at SSF4 AE it's not even that surprising.
We've removed Thors flight ability, but now his Standing Light is 1 frame faster!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
_dementia said:
Kinda blows that the Brady guide contains already outdated information.
Stay free, print media.

Yeah; it was unfortunately unavoidable. Still, the vast majority of the guide should remain relevant. Despite complaints, game was already very balanced for a versus game (or most fighting games, really).

MThanded

They should step up and release a change-log (probably won't happen but it should be done)

From srk: akuma and capt america infinites still in. DHC trick still in, zero glitch still in. Thor life now 1200k

I think if anyone needed a health nerf it was wesker.

The patch broke the already broken online even more for me. Now all the signal strength bars are blank and I can't join any games. Any one else have this problem? PSN btw.

MThanded said:
They should step up and release a change-log (probably won't happen but it should be done)

From srk: akuma and capt america infinites still in. DHC trick still in, zero glitch still in. Thor life now 1200k
Is the Haggar/Spencer DHC glitch still active?

MThanded

Unconditional said:
The patch broke the already broken online even more for me. Now all the signal strength bars are blank and I can't join any games. Any one else have this problem? PSN btw.
Signal strength bars? where? I never even saw those ever lol

Dahbomb

OH SSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..........

The first ever MAHVEL balance patch in history. I don't know what to feel about it but I think that Sentinel needed a damage nerf over a health nerf. Now he's just free, especially when he calls out an assist and will die to two supers now. His big size is what made the high health alright to have but his X Factor damage boost was the main bull shit.

Bionic Commando's corner loop being removed means a lot of bull shit is about to be removed. Say good bye to Captain America and Akuma Infinites as well in the future.

If there is a further X Factor nerf, then Sentinel will see a huge ass drop in play.

Someone needs to change the thread title to "BACK OF THE BUS SENTINEL!" Say good bye to this:

wIqcT.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Do they have a twitter account to spam about it?

@capcomunity or whatever fucking stupid name they have that isn't @capcom

Sentinel's health nerf is a bit "BUH?!" because he's so fucking huge. His damage needed to be nerfed, but everyone on GAF agrees there.

X-factor was pretty bullshit. If they toned it down to where Jean Grey isn't broken at level 3 Dark, I'm cool with that. If they also toned it down to where Chun-Li isn't a rocket with legs, I'm cool with that.

Really, level 3 X-factor at times was pure bullshit.

Signal strength bars? where? I never even saw those ever lol

Must be playing quick match or ranked. Custom Player lobbies had connections that were actually USEFUL compared to the same thing in SSF4. 5 bar connections were 5 bars. HOLY SHIT.

Dahbomb

LOL 925,000 that's like between Spider Man and Wolverine. Wolverine has more stamina than SENTINEL now.

DAT ADAMANTIUM SKELETON!

MThanded

SRK is funny. A lot of folks are complaining about any game changes in the patch. I feel like its better to patch earlier rather than later. People have only been playing a little more than a month so they can adjust to the changes. Imagine putting a year into the game only to find out something you had been building strategies around has changed drastically.

IMO frontloading the changes helps get to the final stable version faster.

Kind of on the fence on the Sent nerf, think he needed his damage reduced as opposed to his health. Dropping his health 30% seems harsh. He was already kind of dead weight on my team when I had him in, might be time to hit the lab and find a new third.

Anyone else have a problem redeeming the Jill / Shuma code? They never emailed me when I redeemed it, so I sent an email through Capcom Unity 3-4 days ago and still waiting to hear back. Really annoying.

MThanded

Sir Garbageman said:
Kind of on the fence on the Sent nerf, think he needed his damage reduced as opposed to his health. Dropping his health 30% seems harsh. He was already kind of dead weight on my team when I had him in, might be time to hit the lab and find a new third.

Anyone else have a problem redeeming the Jill / Shuma code? They never emailed me when I redeemed it, so I sent an email through Capcom Unity 3-4 days ago and still waiting to hear back. Really annoying.
Log back into the redemption site with your capcom unity login. The code popped up on my screen when I did that. I never got an email either.

Chavelo

Sentinel Health Nerf?

Health Nerf?

Nerf?

I mean, yeah, I hated the robot, but I was barely learning strats to play against him. FFFFU- now my rival will drop him and pick up someone else. :-/

Dahbomb

Spencer/Haggar DHC glitch removed.

Most of these are stuff that was discovered a long ago. Recent findings don't seem to be changed.

We should have a full changelog or close to it by tomorrow from the community. People back in the lab with Mahvel.

shaowebb

Hitokage said:
We've removed Thors flight ability, but now his Standing Light is 1 frame faster!

This better be a fucking lie. Making Thor faster is fine by me, but all this health shit with Sentinel is Garbage. Health wasn't his problem it was xfactor damage and super armor.

The thing is Sentinel is NOT the big threat in this game that he was in MVC2. Unless they discovered specific god tier stuff with sent that we haven't that they can't remove then this makes no since because it doesn't do anything useful.

If you cant fight Sent by now you haven't been paying attention. There are lots of ways to rip apart his overhead game and to out flank him plus hes an emormous freaking target. How many teleporters and go behind moves do we have in this game again? How many instant overheads we got? Seriously, health wasn't the issue. We had the tools to kill him, he just got ridiculous damage on xfactor and was too safe on some of those combos with all that super armor. Those are the only reasons he still was so damned threatening. This doesn't balance either of those issues so its a spit in the eye of players. I don't even remember anyone making it to finals with a sent on there team. Only in team competition did I see he and mainly for assist.

Mike Ross and Yipes are going to be so pissed. I can't wait to hear there comments.

dankir said:
HAHAHAH Holy shit down to 925k !!

FUCK YOU SENTINEL! That'll even things down a bit :)

You are an idiot. You'll still get bodied by sent players if your still losing to good sent players because he still has all his tools. He's just so glass now on assist and his hit box is so huge that HIGH level players will find him free. He needed that health to balance that hitbox, but he didn't need all the armor and xfactor damage to unbalance his combos considering how easy, damaging and long they already were.

Sentinel's health nerf is a bit "BUH?!" because he's so fucking huge. His damage needed to be nerfed, but everyone on GAF agrees there.
No, I think his damage is fine.

Great, who's my scrub killer now?
Oh, it's still Sentinel sir. Bad players will still fail to block j.S every time and charge face-first into his armored legs time and time again.

SRK is funny. A lot of folks are complaining about any game changes in the patch. I feel like its better to patch earlier rather than later. People have only been playing a little more than a month so they can adjust to the changes. Imagine putting a year into the game only to find out something you had been building strategies around has changed drastically.

IMO frontloading the changes helps get to the final stable version faster.
You're misunderstanding their perspective then. Early in a game's life, you don't actually know what's imbalanced, because the game still hasn't been fully explored. It's only very late in a game's life that everything becomes stable. Day 1 of MvC2 was people thinking Iceman was overpowered and Magneto was garbage. I kid you not. It wasn't until much later that people actually understood the more complex characters and they earned the rank of "god tier".

Right now, any balance changes (not legitimate glitch fixes) Capcom makes isn't any better than throwing darts at a board while blindfolded, because no one is in a position to really know what is "too good" this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom