• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From srk
MvC3 Week 1: SRK overreacts to Sentinel having the most health in the game.

MvC3 Week 5: SRK overreacts to Sentinel having lower health. Says that the people who complained about his health earlier were all scrubs.

Cancel your preorders folks

MThanded said:
SRK is funny. A lot of folks are complaining about any game changes in the patch. I feel like its better to patch earlier rather than later. People have only been playing a little more than a month so they can adjust to the changes. Imagine putting a year into the game only to find out something you had been building strategies around has changed drastically.

IMO frontloading the changes helps get to the final stable version faster.

Changing too early leads to unnecessary changes IMO. Sentinel was slowly being figured out by more and more players.

I hate the robot, but I hate nerfs (and the dog) more. Especially a month in. Let the game evolve ffs.

And the above quoted SRK thing is true, but I for one was against balance patches so soon (and for at least 1.5-2 years) since day one ^_^

dankir

shaowebb said:
This better be a fucking lie. Making Thor faster is fine by me, but all this health shit with Sentinel is Garbage. Health wasn't his problem it was xfactor damage and super armor.

The thing is Sentinel is NOT the big threat in this game that he was in MVC2. Unless they discovered specific god tier stuff with sent that we haven't that they can't remove then this makes no since because it doesn't do anything useful.

If you cant fight Sent by now you haven't been paying attention. There are lots of ways to rip apart his overhead game and to out flank him plus hes an emormous freaking target. How many teleporters and go behind moves do we have in this game again? How many instant overheads we got? Seriously, health wasn't the issue. We had the tools to kill him, he just got ridiculous damage on xfactor and was too safe on some of those combos with all that super armor. Those are the only reasons he still was so damned threatening. This doesn't balance either of those issues so its a spit in the eye of players. I don't even remember anyone making it to finals with a sent on there team. Only in team competition did I see he and mainly for assist.

Mike Ross and Yipes are going to be so pissed. I can't wait to hear there comments.

You are an idiot. You'll still get bodied by sent players if your still losing to good sent players because he still has all his tools. He's just so glass now on assist and his hit box is so huge that HIGH level players will find him free. He needed that health to balance that hitbox, but he didn't need all the armor and xfactor damage to unbalance his combos considering how easy, damaging and long they already were.

No sir, not at all, I'm an Ammy player and I love playing against Sentinel, all the sentinel players I play are spammers of Standing H laser beam. Punishing them with cold rocks into Okami Shuffle will be even more satisfying :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There were signs early on that Sentinel wasn't the god he used to be. Disregarding X-Factor, he was getting more and more exposed as time went on.

shaowebb

Hitokage said:
I was mocking the Capcom balancing process.

Yeah, sorry bout that. I didn't catch the sarcasm through all of my own salty feelings raging at the moment.

Also why havent they noticed how broken Cap's shield is by now? His infinite is retard easy and I'm seeing it a LOT now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmGWEP1ZMzg

Seriously it wouldn't be hard to make you only able to redirect only once or twice with shield slash to make them fall out of this loop.

Keepin seeing eye dog simple infinites in the game but throwing health off of giant bullseyes. Thats Capcom's idea of balance for you.

Hopefully they do something about netcode before they do something else senseless and take away things like wolverines dive kick, spencer's Bionic arm, and atral vision next.

Dahbomb

Well time to pick up Sentinel now and learn some advance stuff with him. Time to prove to people that he isn't useless.

Also going to be changing his assist to the Rocket Punch assist (or that other one) because I can't afford to have him out during an assist and him getting punished and dying.

You guys have to realize that now Sentinel is a huge fucking liability if you have him just on assist. Before he would take a lot of punishment even as an assist character, now he can easily be killed in the first few seconds of the game.

Sentinel demoted to Glass Cannon type now.

jdub03

Why so much rage over Ammy. She dies in one combo. Learn how to fight her and stop bitching. Similar to how you can't fight sentinel like everyone else, do the same for Ammy. You guys want easy wins handed to you on a platter. Develop some strategy. Learn what works and use it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MThanded said:
Wesker needs an hp nerf. True story

You GTFO. You GTFO and die right now. :( I don't need another "low tier"/hard to use effectively character on my Biohazard team. I already have Jill (LOL not buying DLC until they patch in Spectator and Replays) and Chris for that.

Why so much rage over Ammy.

Low hitboxes say "sup," and "LOL WHIFFS" FFFFFFFFUUUUU.

It's like trolling with Megaman, Servbot, and Roll in Marvel 2. Most of the "normal" sized characters can't hit them with their normals unless they crouch.

Kimosabae

Banned
A fucking hulking, robotic, pixie character.

God, this generation fucking sucks.

*edit*

Honestly, I'm surprised Marvel even let that shit slide.

jdub03

TheSeks said:
You GTFO. You GTFO and die right now. :( I don't need another "low tier"/hard to use effectively character on my Biohazard team. I already have Jill (LOL not buying DLC until they patch in Spectator and Replays) and Chris for that.

Low hitboxes say "sup," and "LOL WHIFFS" FFFFFFFFUUUUU.

It's like trolling with Megaman, Servbot, and Roll in Marvel 2. Most of the "normal" sized characters can't hit them with their normals unless they crouch.

I really don't see a problem. I use her and play against plenty of people who use her. She is my weakest character. All it takes is a couple hits and a damaging combo. I usually beat the other Ammy players I play against. Zero dante and wesker give me way more trouble then Ammy. Adjust your strategy. Stop playing her like she's every other character. Capcom should just patch the game to be all dantes or all sentinels with all this complaining going on. I want variety.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
MvC3 is a lot of fun, but I think it's pretty clear that we're all beta testers. The only question is how far are we into the beta . . .

I wonder if we'll see a community form around the original version of the game?

Dahbomb

Characters who have more health than Sentinel now:

Thor
Hulk
Haggar
Tron Bonne
She-Hulk
Wesker
Taskmaster
Chris
Spencer
Captain America
Doctor Doom
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Ryu
Wolverine
Iron Man
MODOK
Shuma Gorath
Morrigan
Viewtiful Joe

Basically over half the cast.

Honestly, I'm surprised Marvel even let that shit slide.
Sentinels die to most of the X-men cast almost instantly sometimes. Wolverine goes through Sentinel like wet tissue.

explodet

Kimosabae said:
A fucking hulking, robotic, pixie character.

God, this generation fucking sucks.
I still remember Sentinels as those robots in the X-Men 90's cartoon that were apparently made by Radio Shack that fell apart if you looked at them funny (and not by Cyclops either).

Kimosabae

Banned
explodet said:
I still remember Sentinels as those robots in the X-Men 90's cartoon that were apparently made by Radio Shack that fell apart if you looked at them funny (and not by Cyclops either).

I knew someone would bring that up.

I think nerfing Sent's health is a good thing. For the majority of players out there Sentinel is this giant rape machine that every team has and you either have to use him yourself or put everything into killing him or just give up playing the game altogether. Yeah, he's usually not in the top 5 teams in tournaments but he's pretty much on EVERY other team in the tournament and online. He's crazy overpowered and I don't care if I'm looked on as a scrub for saying it, you make on mistake against him and his baby-easy combos kill a character. Good on Capcom for making a much needed change so quickly.

BiggNife

Wow, people are getting mad about this nerf.

I'll be honest: If Sentinel was completely useless now, that wouldn't bother me at all.

Ferrio

Banned
BiggNife said:
I'll be honest: If Sentinel was completely useless now, that wouldn't bother me at all.

Truth.

Also think people are overreacting. He still has a great assist, tons of damage, and his armor shit. People will just have to be more wary about using him. Hell if anything this'll make sent users even more dangerous since people will really have to think before they stick that boot out.

Thank Christ I was getting bored of my Haggar/She-Hulk/Sent team and started picking up Spencer/Wesker/Akuma over the weekend.

Dahbomb said:
Spencer/Haggar DHC glitch removed.

Nooooo, my 100% combo :(

Edit: Actually this news is bullshit, I can still go from Spencers 236 hyper into Weskers counter hyper and rest the combo. I mean why would they fix the shit that's really broken?

I think given how easily Sent is able to get hit by overheads this change is a little crazy.

Nert

Wow, the Sentinel nerf is getting people really salty. I don't necessarily agree that it was the best move they could have made, but if nothing else, this will drastically increase the fun factor of watching streams for me. People didn't need Sentinel to win tournaments in the past, but I did have to watch them tear through a dozen or so players with him before finals. From a spectator perspective, Sentinel was incredibly boring to watch again and again. Hopefully more players will branch out now like Combofiend and Justin Wong have.

Kimosabae

Banned
robut said:
I think nerfing Sent's health is a good thing. For the majority of players out there Sentinel is this giant rape machine that every team has and you either have to use him yourself or put everything into killing him or just give up playing the game altogether. Yeah, he's usually not in the top 5 teams in tournaments but he's pretty much on EVERY other team in the tournament and online. He's crazy overpowered and I don't care if I'm looked on as a scrub for saying it, you make on mistake against him and his baby-easy combos kill a character. Good on Capcom for making a much needed change so quickly.

Basically, you don't care that your opinion may be ignorant or proven flat-out wrong. All that matters is that you're frustrated by your own potential ineptitude and you want those frustrations fixed for you.

You're part of the problem.

Threi

notag
jdub03 said:
Why so much rage over Ammy. She dies in one combo. Learn how to fight her and stop bitching. Similar to how you can't fight sentinel like everyone else, do the same for Ammy. You guys want easy wins handed to you on a platter. Develop some strategy. Learn what works and use it.
The issue is it's extremely difficult to hit her at all to start that combo she dies in.

Like I said she gets a LOT of free passes due to her extremely small size, and is also very, very easy to punish and hitconfirm with. If anything ammy players get easy wins handed to them on a platter, regardless of how difficult her advanced combos are.

V_Arnold

Hitokage said:
Great, who's my scrub killer now?

Your normal party, when you focus. ;)
Nothing is supposed to be a scrub killer. Especially not a huge pile of oozing shit remained in this game like a bad blister, no matter how many times 1980 was calling him.

If Capcom wanted to be stylish, they would have put Nimrod or Bastion in the game. THAT is 10 more years for me, not Sentinel :p

/rant :D

shaowebb

A simple scale back on X factor damage is all Sentinel could have ever needed and thats debatable. This seems like it was either influenced by scrub complaints or simply because they got tired of seeing every noob use him and they wanted to see more varied gameplay from the community.

Also to the guy who said he uses Okami shuffle...you may wanna watch out on that move now. It's punishable if you block hit one. You have a deadzone during ice directly behind your back and a block on fire into a dash or teleport makes you lose half your health without X Factor simply for throwing it out there now. Some people simply block and trade like Tron without a go behind.

Fair warning.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Good. I'm happy about the nerf. Now Dorm gets to do more chip to his slow ass with the fire bomb. LOL. People are going to be a lot more careful using him now.

You know, now that I think about it, Hulk always scared me more than The Machine. Somebody straight did standing H (I think, the one with Hyper Armor) through one of my supers yesterday. Put the fear of god in me. LOL

Threi said:
The issue is it's extremely difficult to hit her at all to start that combo she dies in.

Like I said she gets a LOT of free passes due to her extremely small size, and is also very, very easy to punish and hitconfirm with. If anything ammy players get easy wins handed to her on a platter, regardless of how difficult her advanced combos are.

Yeah. I used to play her a bunch till my friend informed me that I was only winning because of her.... and he was right lol.

So mean! But yeah, guard until opening, spam b, ????, profit.

dankir

Threi said:

Like I said she gets a LOT of free passes due to her extremely small size, and is also very, very easy to punish and hitconfirm with. If anything ammy players get easy wins handed to her on a platter, regardless of how difficult her advanced combos are.

Why is it easy, she has 800k health, she's my point character if I fuck up she's practically dead.
Just like Sentinel players have to work harder and be more careful now because he's vulnerable too. She's difficult but rewarding, I'm I being biased, yeah 'cuz I'm an Ammy player but that's how the game is.

She'll get nerfed for sure, bigger hitbox at least I think or longer recovery on some of her normals probably standing M. We'll all just adjust in the end.

Threi

notag
I only say this because after i replaced skrull with her on my team its very apparent how much shit she can avoid...it's almost ridiculous. Yes she has low health but it's hard to get a combo going on her in the first place, it's pretty irrelevant. I keep using her though because Spencer/Ammy/Doom works so well.

Also, Sentinel was never vanilla Sagat. He was Zangief. And everyone wanted to rush down Zangief and were getting SPD/Lariated (a.k.a. low M/frying pan'd) to death. People didn't respect his damage output and got blown up for it.

Nerfing him is essentially the same as making Zangief have as much health as Chun-Li.

shaowebb

dankir said:
Why is it easy, she has 800k health, she's my point character if I fuck up she's practically dead.
Just like Sentinel players have to work harder and be more careful now because he's vulnerable too. She's difficult but rewarding, I'm I being biased, yeah 'cuz I'm an Ammy player but that's how the game is.

She'll get nerfed for sure, bigger hitbox at least I think or longer recovery on some of her normals probably standing M. We'll all just adjust in the end.

I doubt it. I hated on ammy for awhile too, but then I learned how to deal with her hitbox and learned how to punish her stuff (It's mainly called pushblocking or zoning)

She's fine. No nerf required. Also things are getting hilarious on Capcom Unity forums over Sentinel with this one guy who now keeps making threads to demand ridiculous nerfs. They keep getting locked but I enjoyed his Dark Phoenix and Ammy threads that were locked for how ridiculous they were.

mr. puppy

Banned
wtf are you all talking about, sentinel is a keep away character that can still do stupid amounts of damage. the health made no sense considering what kind of character he is seemingly designed to be.

V_Arnold

Threi said:
Also, Sentinel was never vanilla Sagat. He was Zangief. And everyone wanted to rush down Zangief and were getting SPD/Lariated (a.k.a. low M/frying pan'd) to death. People didn't respect his damage output and got blown up for it.

Nerfing him is essentially the same as making Zangief have as much health as Chun-Li.

Not really, because Zangief never had any projectiles to help him zone. Sentinel is free to choose from a lot of good assists to make him move around. Not a good comparison. Especially not when Sentinel also has projectiles.

Whats everyones opinion on Haggar?

He is so much fun with Viewtiful and Wolverine.

Also, what about viewtiful's hitbox? He always so low to the ground and slide uppercut is always fun.

Dahbomb

Ferrio said:
Truth.

Also think people are overreacting. He still has a great assist, tons of damage, and his armor shit. People will just have to be more wary about using him. Hell if anything this'll make sent users even more dangerous since people will really have to think before they stick that boot out.
Agreed but now you have to be WAY more careful about using his assist. A poorly used assist will cause him to die really fast.

My personal opinion about the nerf: Sentinel probably needed it but not in the health category. He had high health because he had the biggest hitbox, it was insta-overhead town with him. He needed a nerf in his X-Factor benefits (both speed and damage), which were too much and caused him to be played as the premiere anchor character of MVC3. Have trouble coming up with a 3rd character? Just put down Sentinel as your 3rd with his amazing assist and your team is complete.

His health should've still been around the higher tier in the game (not the highest per se), now it's in the lower half.

Sentinel is now a zoning character, not a rushdown tank which was the way people played with him before.

He's crazy overpowered and I don't care if I'm looked on as a scrub for saying it, you make one mistake against him and his baby-easy combos kill a character.
I don't get it. Sentinel still has one of the highest damage output in the game. He will still be killing off characters and people will still get salty over it.

To scrubs, Sentinel is still overpowered.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Agreed but now you have to be WAY more careful about using his assist. A poorly used assist will cause him to die really fast.

Which in turn will make it easier if someone is saving him for their anchor. I think his assist is what pissed me off more than the character itself.

shaowebb

Lead Based Paint said:
Whats everyones opinion on Haggar?

He is so much fun with Viewtiful and Wolverine.

Also, what about viewtiful's hitbox? He always so low to the ground and slide uppercut is always fun.

Yeah I guess I'm out of salt for now so Ill move on...

Joe is awesome. I love him. His redhot kick and uppercut are great for dealing with folks and his mash spam when falling gets in a ton of hits in corner. He's just fun no matter how you use him.

Haggar is good but you got to know how to close gaps with him. if you can cover his roll with an assist he is constantly in your face. His jump ins aint bad though because they can take priority on a LOT of stuff and crossup well. His leg drop is my crossup of choice.

Also he is ALL about the pipe. Anything that leads into a pipe that will connect needs done. It sets up for SO much damage on combo. What you need to do is watch Kiets play him. Learn the range on his air throw specials that are SO underused right now like Kiets did and you will be scary.

It's all about setups for hoodlum toss to put them in the air for those throws. You learn pipe setups and how to approach for a good hoodlum toss into those throws and your damage will be insane. Lots of people still struggle against a good Haggar, but few people are doing anything but jump and pipe right now. Learn all his stuff and he is a damned Terminator.

dankir

Threi said:
I only say this because after i replaced skrull with her on my team its very apparent how much shit she can avoid...it's almost ridiculous. Yes she has low health but it's hard to get a combo going on her in the first place, it's pretty irrelevant. I keep using her though because Spencer/Ammy/Doom works so well.

But thats why I use her, because she's good at rush down and can get away with stuff.

Here F+HHHHHH combo can be punished if you're blocking and then use pushblock. A lot of people just stand there blocking and I can easily cancel use her L powerslash or cancel into overhead.

I've been annihilated but really good She hulk and Wesker players who frame wise are much slower than Ammy. Everybody in this game has stuff to help them win. Ammy's small size and standing M are hers.

And the Brady games guide says it's "absurdly powerful, abuse it" so I do :)

If you're on live add me: D O N K E R

vixlar

Maybe Sent needed a nerf, but it seems a little weird that the biggest character in the game has less health than half the roster.

Ferrio

Banned
dankir said:
Here F+HHHHHH combo can be punished if you're blocking and then use pushblock. A lot of people just stand there blocking and I can easily cancel use her L powerslash or cancel into overhead.

I've been annihilated but really good She hulk and Wesker players who frame wise are much slower than Ammy. Everybody in this game has stuff to help them win. Ammy's small size and standing M are hers.
R

I looooove fighting ammys with shehulk who do that shit. Pushblock->slide = Dead ammy

vixlar said:
Maybe Sent needed a nerf, but it seems a little weird that the biggest character in the game has less health than half the roster.

They don't make them like they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom