• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Anyone that likes the iced ones is a psychopath.

file.php

Makes sense tbh - no way to safely run an election with a pandemic in progress.
This will assuredly spawn concerns of gov't overstepping its bounds and limiting important elections during the time of crisis.

New conspiracies will be born. New abuses and hoaxes of abuses will be recorded and shared over the internet.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This will assuredly spawn concerns of gov't overstepping its bounds and limiting important elections during the time of crisis.

New conspiracies will be born. New abuses and hoaxes of abuses will be recorded and shared over the internet.

No doubt, but I can't see an alternative.

No new numbers from Italy today?

They've tended to run quite late with their figures. I'd expect them in the next 2 hours or so.

No doubt, but I can't see an alternative.
Agreed, I don't know what kind of alternatives can be offered.

That said, you and I seem to think pragmatically.

A lot of the modern world thinks in binary, with no consideration for nuance or necessity. We're going to have conspiracies ranging from "Trump invented the virus and delivered it via the CIA to win the 2020 election" to "China invented the virus and unleashed it upon the world to weaken the West" and everything in between.

UK postpones elections for a year over coronavirus
From CNN’s Niamh Kennedy

The United Kingdom is delaying local and mayoral elections for a year, the UK Cabinet Office told CNN Friday, as part of an escalated response to delay the spread of coronavirus in the country.

The spokesperson said that the Cabinet will bring forward legislation to facilitate the postponement, adding that it will “work with the devolved administrations to ensure that they have the necessary powers to do the same.”

The delay also affects police and crime commissioner elections.

First coronavirus-related death reported in Sudan
From journalist Yassir Abdullah in Khartoum

The Sudan Health Ministry announced Friday the death of a man from coronavirus infection. This is the first death related to the virus.

The ministry said the man was in his 50s and traveled to United Arab Emirates in early March.

Last edited:

holygeesus

Banned
Home? Now they're all mingling and spread it like crazy to their parents, teachers, grand parents. We need to avoid big gatherings of people and school are the worst kind. Entire europe is closing schools apart from a few idiotic countries. Sadly mine is one of them.

Kids don't just disappear into the ether when schools close. Younger kids will need supervision and there is not a chance of hell in keeping school kids home for weeks on end. They will be out there and mingling regardless.

dxoHxgK.png

Italy and France are the only numbers I am waiting for today.
Mostly everyone else seems to have been reporting in so far

Last edited:
Louisiana Primary postponed two months over coronavirus concerns
From CNN's Keith Allen

The Louisiana Primary scheduled for April 4 will be postponed until June 20 due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, Louisiana Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin said at a news conference Friday.

The move was made “to best protect the health and safety of Louisiana voters and voting officials,” Ardoin’s office said in a statement.

Louisiana has identified 33 positive cases of coronavirus in the state.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Switzerland has finally closed schools, limit events to 100 people (should be lower), reinstated controlled borders and put 10 Billion on the side for supporting small businesses.

Kamina

Golden Boy
In Austria they are putting all stores which are not supermarkets or apothecaries on lockdown for a week.
Restaurants and cafes have to close at 3pm.
Schools are closed.

Last edited:
Colorado drive-up testing lab will be postponed due to weather
From CNN's Melissa Alonso

Colorado health officials will postpone the drive-up testing site in Lowry, Colorado, until Saturday, weather permitting, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment said in a statement Friday.

"Current weather conditions put both people being tested and laboratory staff at risk. Cold temperatures can reduce the effectiveness of personal protective," the statement said.

Snow is in the forecast for the Denver-area Friday.

ExpandKong

Banned
Maybe if all the geriatrics in government get sick, we can finally get people who weren't born before the moon landing in control of government. Trying to be positive here.

If this thing leads to President AOC I will shit and not in a good way and now's a bad time to do that because people bought all the toilet paper which makes sense because this is a lung disease right

Sugarmonkey

Alright fellas, important question. I have all the essentials to last me and the bf for a few weeks. With that said, however, we are low on honeybuns. Should I run to the store (not even a mile down the road) to get honeybuns one last time before shit hits the fan completely?

Yes or no.

Not sure if serious, but I have been ordering groceries to be delivered, opening the garage door and instructing them to leave it inside. Read that the virus lives on surfaces for 4-6 hours (12 for metal) so I'm leaving them there until it has been long enough before I get them. If I need something sooner, gonna put on gloves and bring a bucket of soapy water out and wash it off out there.

Sugarmonkey

Also, all of our schools are closed in town (live in Fairfield County CT). My wife tells me a woman in her online mom's group wants to do something nice, and is inviting families to come to her home and will feed their kids breakfast if they want. She didn't understand at first why my immediate reaction was to /facepalm.

Also, all of our schools are closed in town (live in Fairfield County CT). My wife tells me a woman in her online mom's group wants to do something nice, and is inviting families to come to her home and will feed their kids breakfast if they want. She didn't understand at first why my immediate reaction was to /facepalm.

I feel this pain. I was talking to my wife about leaving town if necessary and she is worried about whether or not we would be able to bring our cats.

IF WE'RE LEAVING TOWN WE HAVE MUCH BIGGER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT!

And I love those little kittos.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I thought what you posted was about the guys wanting to go out and spread the virus at the bar?

This story is about the woman that got infected from the guy that went out to spread it or did you post about the woman too?

I posted about both. The NHK story I liked to yesterday was about the woman. It's cool tho, the thread is moving really fast.

Jtibh

Banned
Italy

Wow. Cases slightly down, but deaths way up.

7.2% CFR right now

Come again china? 80k cases and 3k deaths?
Really? Or is it reeeeeeeeeeeeally.

Alberta represent.

Update from wify.
All staff that is currently returning from vacation cant come to work for 14 days.
And there is a few of them.
No overtime pay durring the week.
Weekends maybe.
So if you have to stay longer hours or have to cover shifts you get paid regular.

Lots of theft in the hospital. Staff stealing masks and hand sanitizers.
All essential supplies on lockdown. Only handed out case by case.
Makes sence to steal the stuff that protects you at work and take it home where there is no use for it.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
2 people sent home from my work today. They were talking with a contractor at a job site who came down with it. Here we go!

Someone "you're already dead" gif me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom