• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Great. My kids are coughing and getting bunged up. All the teachers of their school took a group trip last week to Israel I think. (I said it was the Vatican before, but I think it was a holy place in Israel somewhere.) Fuuu... fuuuuuuuu...

young children don't show symptoms of covid. most likely they just have a cold

Worst case scenario, if Trump and other top leadership dies this could destroy our country. I haven't said unprecedented so many times ever in my life but this shit is absolutely unprecedented.

It feels like I have been given a drop of that shit that slows down time all around you and there ain't shit you can do but watch everything slowly devolve.

The paranoid delusionist deep inside of me thinks this is a simulation and as my psyche breaks, the virus spreads.

Just kidding but its fun to go down these tangential rabbit holes in my mind.
Unless the entirety of Congress is wiped out due to virus there'd be no need to jump to such conclusions.

Besides, Keither Sutherland is on standby in an undisclosed location should the worst happen.

Unless the entirety of Congress is wiped out due to virus there'd be no need to jump to such conclusions.

Besides, Keither Sutherland is on standby in an undisclosed location should the worst happen.

Well, let's say Trump and Pence go down and then a smattering of other Dems and Repubs. Do you think our two parties can come together and put aside their partisan ways for the better of the nation? More likely it would lead to infighting and backbiting.

EDIT: Oh yea, I always forget about Jack Bauer. We'll be just fine.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Well, let's say Trump and Pence go down and then a smattering of other Dems and Repubs. Do you think our two parties can come together and put aside their partisan ways for the better of the nation? More likely it would lead to infighting and backbiting.

My biggest fear is that if congress gets sick it will paralyze federal efforts to control the virus.

young children don't show symptoms of covid. most likely they just have a cold

Yeah, you're probably right, thanks. I had what could have been a cold recently, it's probably that. My kid is diabetic so even a cold messes his sugar levels up quite badly. Hope this all passes as quickly as it all started.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Had my official company stance through. We're only closing if we're told to, if you develop a continuous cough or fever self isolate for a week until you know what's going on. Paid in full to work from home and work is expected of you unless you're actually very ill.

Not bad overall but it doesn't feel like it's going to prevent a single thing considering you're infectious days before showing symptoms.

Last edited:

Alx

Boss makin us wear masks at work. Gotta pay for them outta my own pocket though. So dumb.

Not exactly a great idea. There may (will) be shortages of masks once the epidemy hits harder, and all masks will be needed then, especially to protect doctors and nurses.

Yeah, you're probably right, thanks. I had what could have been a cold recently, it's probably that. My kid is diabetic so even a cold messes his sugar levels up quite badly. Hope this all passes as quickly as it all started.
Sorry, but probably wont. It will last months and months one way or another, the rate of infection seems waaay to high to completely send off the virus quickly. It will spread further, it will have a peak, then things will get better, but we need to have patience and don't panic, humanity has seen far worst than this even only considering deseases.

ExpandKong

Banned
Well I actually ended up getting the regular-ass flu during my weekend excursion, been cooped up at home all week. Wake up today and check the neighborhood facebook page to see pictures of lines out the door at my grocery store and talk about schools closing. Guess there were a couple confirmed cases not too far from here and now panic mode is upon us. Yeehaw

E-Cat

Taking advantage of a panic by pushing a bit more money into my retirement fund during a down market is the most The Man thing I've ever done.

I have, indeed, lived to see myself become the villain.
Timing is everything. Just make sure you don't do it months early.

sinnergy

The Dutch had another persconference about the same topics as yesterday , schools and every day life stay normal ... 🤣🤪

In the mean time we follow the Italian curve and we only have 17 million people total in our small country.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Work changed "work from home on Friday" to "work from home until the end of March". A large company down the road had a person that got it.

Andodalf

Banned
Alabama with its first confirmed case, IDK how the off topic board goes about verification, but I can say with certainty from a source that Alabama has known about a case since ~ Wednesday night and has at least 4 other known cases still unannounced. They waited for a friday to drop the news, and will wait closer till 5 to announce the others.

Alabama with its first confirmed case, IDK how the off topic board goes about verification, but I can say with certainty from a source that Alabama has known about a case since ~ Wednesday night and has at least 4 other known cases still unannounced. They waited for a friday to drop the news, and will wait closer till 5 to announce the others.

Ah the good old Friday afternoon news dump.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Melon

Banned
Alright fellas, important question. I have all the essentials to last me and the bf for a few weeks. With that said, however, we are low on honeybuns. Should I run to the store (not even a mile down the road) to get honeybuns one last time before shit hits the fan completely?

Yes or no.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Alright fellas, important question. I have all the essentials to last me and the bf for a few weeks. With that said, however, we are low on honeybuns. Should I run to the store (not even a mile down the road) to get honeybuns one last time before shit hits the fan completely?

Yes or no.

If you have to ask, you already know the answer, honeybun.

Fucking news.

VN0pBE8.png

Yes or no.
The regular ones sure. The iced ones are a bit overkill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom