• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Y2Kev said:
I did almost no sidequests because I thought they were awful. I did the quick ones on the Citadel and the rogue VI, everything else was playing the campaign over and over. I beat the game like...twice yesterday.

Considering how some of stuff from ME1 is referenced in ME2, you won't miss much of anything by skipping over almost all the side quests and importing your game.

hyduK said:
Can't imagine anything beating this out for GOTY...GOTG for that matter.
Mass Effect 3? :p
.:Wesker:. said:
5p4f13.jpg

This is rape, for your eyes.
Please tell me it doesn't get THAT bad during gameplay. :(

daxter01 said:
this is as bad as mw2 jelly on camera
Daxter01? What the hell is this?

neojubei said:
you should get it, I think bestbuy still has pre-orders.
Yeah, they do. I pre-ordered the CE at my local best buy yesterday.

Truant

MAJOR SPOILER:

The collectors are a race of nerds who have collected a bunch of collector's editions over the years, and now they're pissed off at digital retailers.

Truant said:
MAJOR SPOILER:

The collectors are a race of nerds who have collected a bunch of collector's editions over the years, and now they're pissed off at digital retailers.

I've heard they streamlined their evil plans, which used to be much more in depth and complicated, and that's why The Illusive Man is so mad at them. And they're kidnapping people and putting these weird veiny visors over their eyes.

It really pisses them off.

Truant

daxter01 said:
pc or 360 ?how does self shadowing on character faces looks like this time i hope it is not as ugly as it was in me1

It's about the same as in Dragon Age.

The dithering shadows are gone. You still have the ugly UE3 lighting, but the actual character stuff is a lot better. Parts of ME1 (like when you're about to deploy on Eden Prime) look like a comic book, almost cel shaded because of the shitty character lighting. ME2 is a lot better in this aspect.

Anyway, when do I get a ground vehicle? I miss the Mako :(

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
neojubei said:
you should get it, I think bestbuy still has pre-orders.

I'm trying to weigh the costs. If I pre-order on Bestbuy.com I have to wait TWO MORE DAYS, and I'm not sure my heart can take that sort of stress. The bestbuy nearby isn't nearby!

:(

purg3

slept with Malkin
Got my Shepard from ME1 to 60 last night, went straight paragon and saved wrex/ashley. So my character is ready for import, also got the last of the ally achievements (Asari/Quarian). Still need some of the "use this power x times" achievements, not sure if I'll be able to grind those before Tuesday. Haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

Strange question, but can someone who has the regular edition please post some pics of the insides of the game case?

Does it use the 'wack 'n wheel' insides and how are the two game discs stacked?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Silicon Knight said:
Strange question, but can someone who has the regular edition please post some pics of the insides of the game case?

Does it use the 'wack 'n wheel' insides and how are the two game discs stacked?

Didn't think of that, thankfully I not buying the regular edition however i would also like to know if the game ships in one of those game cases.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm thinking of picking this up even though I haven't come close to finishing the first (and I don't have my copy of the game anymore). Still on the fence though because I'm worried some of the plot twists are gonna go over my head but I still want to give this game a chance.

Ephemeris

AgentWhiskersX said:
I'm thinking of picking this up even though I haven't come close to finishing the first (and I don't have my copy of the game anymore). Still on the fence though because I'm worried some of the plot twists are gonna go over my head but I still want to give this game a chance.

If you really want to know what happens, there's a couple sites that lay out the plot of the first game for ya.

I think there was a ME1-in-5-mins video posted somewhere in this thread, too.

AgentOtaku said:
Just to confirm

They didn't put 360 controller support in the PC version right?
Honestly you do not want 360 controller support in the PC version. With the menu system during combats, a mouse works much better.

Doodis

Wow, this thread and the hype thread spread like wildfire over the last couple days. I can't keep up with all the posts. It's probably better that I don't, so that I'm not tempted to check out the spoilers. I've already read/seen far too much.

Mulberry

Are the controls for the 360 version any better than me1? I tried to play it on the 360 last year and it was shit compared to the PC version.

Dan Yo

Banned
Heavy Weapons = any weapon that does not fall within the pistol, smg, shotgun, sniper, or assault rifle classes?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Dax01 said:
Daxter01? What the hell is this?
oh shit :lol ,sorry man. daxter01,jak01 were the first things came to my mind when i was choosing my id(big jak and daxter fan) i dont know why i choosed daxter01,i was lurking around here for years but never actually paid attention to gafers id's.consider me a fan yours:D now

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
EvaPlusMinus said:
I'm trying to weigh the costs. If I pre-order on Bestbuy.com I have to wait TWO MORE DAYS, and I'm not sure my heart can take that sort of stress. The bestbuy nearby isn't nearby!

:(
Well Maybe walmart might have it.

daxter01 said:
oh shit :lol ,sorry man. daxter01,jak01 were the first things came to my mind when i was choosing my id(big jak and daxter fan) i dont know why i choosed daxter01,i was lurking around here for years but never actually paid attention to gafers id's.consider me a fan yours:D now

Trust me, you don't want to be a fan of Dax. ;)

pahamrick

Dan Yo said:
Heavy Weapons = any weapon that does not fall within the pistol, smg, shotgun, sniper, or assault rifle classes?

Heavy Weapons are essentially the replacement for Grenades.

I think there is only 5 in the game.

Spoiler'd List even though I don't remember the names

1. Grenade Launcher
2. Missile Launcher
3. Collector Beam Gun
4. A Cryo based HW
5. A Nuke-like HW

Van Owen

Banned
RS4- said:
Yeah, that screen. It's some long ass code, shows up for both import and default created characters.

jkwu29.jpg

I remember reading this board during the first game when everyone wanted to know how to make this one hot blonde female Shepard. This is a Godsend for them. :lol

Mulberry said:
Are the controls for the 360 version any better than me1? I tried to play it on the 360 last year and it was shit compared to the PC version.
Depends. Walking around.. same as ME1. There's no
Mako aka shit vehicular controls
if that makes you feel better. Gunplay? Much much improved over ME1.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DevelopmentArrested said:
Depends. Walking around.. same as ME1. There's no
Mako aka shit vehicular controls
if that makes you feel better. Gunplay? Much much improved over ME1.
Do you still run slow as fuck?

Zeouterlimits said:
Stupid Europe and their stupid Friday release days :(

Same thing for us here in SA,seeing as our releases also fall under EU dates,at least our retailer that got the pre-order exclusive armour stuff are giving us both the Terminus and Inferno gear.:p

Also does anyone know if the EU Collectors Edition still comes with the steelbook casing?I read somewhere that it got removed.:S

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pimpbaa said:
There is no mako?!
Its been replaced by a DLC Hover tank named the Hammerhead. The DLC is free if you buy the game new ($15 if you buy it used) and its scheduled to come out 1 week after release along with a couple of missions for it.

ve9nkk.jpg

The first post states that the cerberus card is included in every new copy no just collector's edition. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, can I anyone please confirm?

I'm still waiting to make the preorder, most likely through amazon, I at least get the inferno armor that way.

apologies if this has been answered before, but I just wanted to confirm.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Calavera520 said:
The first post states that the cerberus card is included in every new copy no just collector's edition. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, can I anyone please confirm?

I'm still waiting to make the preorder, most likely through amazon, I at least get the inferno armor that way.

apologies if this has been answered before, but I just wanted to confirm.
It was confirmed weeks ago in the ME boards and reconfirmed recently in unboxing videos of the Standard version posted on youtube.

EmCeeGramr said:
I saw people sprinting (or at least running faster) outside of combat in a stream, and it looked like it might have been unlimited.

it is not unlimited, but you can do bursts of 5-10 seconds at a time.

selig

Banned
Killthee said:
Its been replaced by a DLC Hover tank named the Hammerhead. The DLC is free if you buy the game new ($15 if you buy it used) and its scheduled to come out 1 week after release along with a couple of missions for it.

ve9nkk.jpg

so, uh...you have to go by foot until the DLC is released?!

Dan Yo

Banned
pahamrick said:
Heavy Weapons are essentially the replacement for Grenades.

I think there is only 5 in the game.

Spoiler'd List even though I don't remember the names

1. Grenade Launcher
2. Missile Launcher
3. Collector Beam Gun
4. A Cryo based HW
5. A Nuke-like HW
I see. Are there any other weapons that fall outside of the 5 classes I mentioned and the heavy weapons class? If so, can they be used by any character class as well?

Killthee said:

http://i49.tinypic.com/ve9nkk.jpg[/IM[/QUOTE]
You can't drive it, right?

Alec

I'm about 13 hours in...this game is amazing. And this is coming from someone who very much disliked the first game. I had every intention of playing it through the night, but at around 4:30am, I remembered that I have dinner plans with my girlfriend's parents tonight, so I had to turn in early. =( Can't wait to get back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom