• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shrinnan said:
It tried some different things, but I believe with a little refinement an actual sequel would be awesome. Jade Empire's combat focused on melee, so maybe if BioWare did a full on skill based melee system it would definitely offset the range based system in the ME series.

Not to derail too much, but I just appreciated that a WRPG house tried to do a wuxia RPG. No shitty elves and bald space marines. And hey, there's nothing saying that Dragon Age and Jade Empire aren't part of the same world... they could call the next game "Dragon Age: Asian Edition" or something. :lol

Inferno313 said:
Do you aquire more pieces throughout the game?

Yup, you purchase them from shops or get upgrades.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
This is my last comment on JE because I really don't want to get off topic in an ME2 thread:

thetrin said:
My issue with JE wasn't the combat; it was the crappy "RPG" elements.

I think it was a precursor to a more skill based system seen in the ME franchise - if JE2 came, I assume the interactions with characters will be the RPG, while the combat will be more uniquely action based. I do agree that they probably should allow for customization of character at least (instead of picking a preset type).

hermit7

JWong said:
Hmmm, I wonder if getting all of the woman would cause them to get mad at each other. :lol

It happened in the first one if you extended the relationship between Ashley/Kaiden and Liara. Pretty funny moment.

So I'm assuming we don't have to put unannounced party members in spoiler tags anymore seeing as how they were all revealed through avatars and wallpapers in the last couple of pages?

Subitai said:
Here we go 2 min warning!!!
Um... wrong thread?

But uh.. this commercial is spoilerific if you're watching right now.

EDIT:
Dax01 said:
So I'm assuming we don't have to put unannounced party members in spoiler tags anymore seeing as how they were all revealed through avatars and wallpapers in the last couple of pages?
And now commercials, too!

Messi

Dax01 said:

I think we should still spoiler tag until release date, its only fair. Thats my opinion of it. I didnt notice any in the avatars, but now i'm gonna bail out.

Thanks for the warning :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
EDIT: Never mind, found some posts saying the game is region-free. I may be paying $10 more by going for the U.S. version over the Asian version, but damn it I want to play this ASAP. :D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Valkyr Junkie said:
I'm glad to see that they made the magazines heatsinks since I was hoping they'd do that to preserve the canon. The real question is will your gun "cool down" even if you wait and don't swap clips?

No it doesnt cool down. I think of it this way, its an alternative piece of tech. The old system allowed for infinite rounds, but in the short term was not good if you got overwhelmed and needed to just unleash hell, cause youd overheat and be completely screwed. The new system lets you just unload round after round without repercussion but in the long term you can run out of thermal clips.

So it basically reverse the advantages and weaknesses of the systems, on paper I prefer the new system cause Ive alway been a conservative shot so I like having the option of just unloading clip after clip if I need to.

Messi said:
Hey i'd love one from the launch trailer, either 0:29-0:34 (shep in helmet) or 1:43-1:45 (Tali with the gun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DL6jFXfhM&feature=fvst

Cheers man!

This is all that was possible

jimcer.gif

Which trailer did they show guys?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Andronicus said:
I wanted to continue my soldier but god damn all those class videos looked soo good lol

I am really glad you can import your character but change his/her appearance and class. :D

I was a soldier in the first game and feel like I really missed out on all the cool biotic stuff.

Lyte Edge said:
I am really glad you can import your character but change his/her appearance and class. :D

yeah pretty cool doesnt really break the flow cause people change :D

yeah that adept video looked fuckin awesome

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
theBishop said:
He said it was "just a matter of when" MGS4 would come to Xbox 360.

The thing is, ambiguous terms like "when" and "eventually" don't ever really end. He won't really be wrong until both the 360 and PS3 are gone and the next gen systems are released.

Y2Kev said:
The launch trailer.

God the music in that trailer gives me chills. It captures the emotions of the characters, of the game, so well. Microsoft need to showcase Mass Effect 4 for the next Xbox at E3. Put it up against any other title, even a CGI trailer, and it will walk over it.

If they ever do make a Mass Effect movie, I hope the production team from Battlestar Galactica work on it. That show had visuals from a Michael Bay movie and awesome scores to go with it. Remember how they directed the space scenes? With the shaking camera zooming in and out?

I can just see Alliance Navy troops in a hanger shouting 'So Say We All' in a battle cry against the reapers. Fuck, hire me EA.

Swag

mYm|17| said:
midnight tomorrow folks.

I got the gamestop chick voicemail earlier today

You midnight release guys are so lucky, I have to wait till Tuesday to go get mine. Tuesday afternoon at that!

Messi

Sebulon3k said:
You midnight release guys are so lucky, I have to wait till Tuesday to go get mine. Tuesday afternoon at that!

The people of U-rop have to wait an un-nerving 5 more days until friday. Hold me.

Proc

dang, I was hoping for 360 controller support on the pc, oh wells, I'm sure m+kb will be fine.

I played the first one on 360 but I'm not going to lose sleep about not being able to xfer my save.

HTPC all the way with this release, I'm so happy its day and date with the console version.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Meus Renaissance said:
God the music in that trailer gives me chills. It captures the emotions of the characters, of the game, so well. Microsoft need to showcase Mass Effect 4 for the next Xbox at E3. Put it up against any other title, even a CGI trailer, and it will walk over it.

If they ever do make a Mass Effect movie, I hope the production team from Battlestar Galactica work on it. That show had visuals from a Michael Bay movie and awesome scores to go with it. Remember how they directed the space scenes? With the shaking camera zooming in and out?

I can just see Alliance Navy troops in a hanger shouting 'So Say We All' in a battle cry against the reapers. Fuck, hire me EA.

That's one of the reasons why i love mass effect. I really wished Bear McCreary worked on the mass effect 2 soundtrack.

careksims

I was on media blackout and saw the ME2 commercial during the Vikings/Saints game... HOLY MOLEY moogly moo! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! It was so awesome, but I didn't want to see that! AHHHHHHH!

Nemesis_

Can anyone confirm that completing the DLC gets you various rewards in Mass Effect 2, or at least some story changes like the other actions?

I'm doing my playthrough specifically to import this character into ME2 but am not sure if completing the DLC again will be worth my time

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Nemesis556 said:
Can anyone confirm that completing the DLC gets you various rewards in Mass Effect 2, or at least some story changes like the other actions?

I'm doing my playthrough specifically to import this character into ME2 but am not sure if completing the DLC again will be worth my time

They do nothing, which is a big shame, BDtS was pretty good and the decision at the end would be great to see unfold in ME2, but what can you do. The iPhone game does carry over into ME2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom