• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

PBalfredo said:
I agree. The revelation that Tali
has been crushing on Shepard from the first game makes romancing her more meaningful than some of the other love interests. It feels like ME1 was the "first date" and now having sex with Tali is more about taking it to the next level, rather than just a reaction to stress and hormones.
I hope that in ME3 they let you choose between your first game and second game romances to pick as your real love interest. I would have totally picked Tali in the first game but since there were only two choices I just picked Liara even though I didn't really like her.

Macmanus

Colkate said:
Holy crap, about 37 hours played on my finished save and I JUST found out you've got a crapper in your cabin aboard the Normandy. It's pretty well hidden, seeing as how you have to stand right next to it, standing at your computer isn't close enough to open it.

Took me a second play through to discover the john. My first was just under 60 hours.

rhino4evr

I like that you gain experience by doing missions instead of killing numerous foot soldiers. It gives me one less thing to worry about and encourages you to do more side quests

It would be cool if you got exp bonuses at thge end of each mission depending on your performance. It would make you still concentrate on strategy in battle

like everyone I dislike the scanning just get rid of it and have upgrades be purchased by credits or by finding more minerals via chest/fallen enemy.

We don't need ammo either make the reload button another quick key button
the less I have to pull up that menu the better

side quests are a HUGE improvement in this game. Nice job bioware

Kenaras

Macmanus said:
Took me a second play through to discover the john. My first was just under 60 hours.

I was watching my girlfriend play when she discovered it. I never would have found it myself, even after two playthroughs.

OMG Aero said:
I hope that in ME3 they let you choose between your first game and second game romances to pick as your real love interest. I would have totally picked Tali in the first game but since there were only two choices I just picked Liara even though I didn't really like her.

for my girl Tali I had to replay ME1 with no romance to save myself for her in ME2

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
matrix-cat said:
I only discovered the toilet when I went to check on my Space Hamster. The Normandy's cabin is nicer than my house in real life :lol
I think that goes for most everyone ... I think I'll live in the Normandy when I move.

TheVisualizer said:
for my girl Tali I had to replay ME1 with no romance to save myself for her in ME2
Did that change anything, I wonder? I must have a thing for sweet nice nerd girls because I chose Liara in ME1 and I'm thinking of choosing Tali for my ultimate save file in ME2. And in my actual life it's the same...only she's human. :lol

Dark Octave said:
Did that change anything, I wonder? I must have a thing for sweet nice nerd girls because I chose Liara in ME1 and I'm thinking of choosing Tali for my ultimate save file in ME2. And in my actual life it's the same...only she's human. :lol

was just worried about what they hinted for ME3 that multiple romances might have repercussions

im riding out with Tali to the end and don't want her biting the bullet in ME3 just cuz Shepard probed someone else successfully in ME1, besides I was looking for a reason to throw away my old Ashley save in the garbage anyway after
the way she comes at you in ME2 if you keep her alive, ignorant skeezer...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
New game + question: can I import my ME2 character and change his class at all?

Or do I need to reimport my ME1 character to do that?
And if I import my ME1 character again do I not get the bonuses that I gained from finishing ME2?

I wish it just laid this out for you in simple terms.

Truelize said:
New game + question: can I import my ME2 character and change his class at all?

Or do I need to reimport my ME1 character to do that?
And if I import my ME1 character again do I not get the bonuses that I gained from finishing ME2?

I wish it just laid this out for you in simple terms.

Re-import ME1 character and you also get additional money and resource bonuses for having beaten the game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Susan Coffey as Tali in ME3.

Make it happen and redeem yourselves forever, Bioware.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Jamesfrom818 said:
Re-import ME1 character and you also get additional money and resource bonuses for having beaten the game.

Do you get the power bonus too? If you import a ME2 character you get a bonus power at the start.

DY_nasty said:
Susan Coffey as Tali in ME3.

Make it happen and redeem yourselves forever, Bioware.
Who the hell is Susan Coffey and why would you want anyone else but the original actress who did the characters voice the first two games?

...or did you mean just for the face?

Edit: I just googled her. Her eyes are HUGE!

Edit 2: I agree. She would make a nice face for Tali.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Truelize said:
Wow. So why would you ever choose to import your ME2 character? You don't get all the resource bonuses from the ME2 character do you?

To hit level 30 and maybe make an insanity run easier (although, that's somewhat arguable).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
firehawk12 said:
To hit level 30 and maybe make an insanity run easier (although, that's somewhat arguable).

I hit level 30 on my first playthrough. Using my ME2 character will make my insanity run easier?

This is messing with me. I'm reading 3 different forums trying to find info about this choice and it's not getting easier. :)

Mindlog

firehawk12 said:

IIRC, it's actually harder that way :]

The enemies scale to your level, but you won't have any of your upgrades.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mindlog said:
IIRC, it's actually harder that way :]

The enemies scale to your level, but you won't have any of your upgrades.

You'd have your skills though. I figure as Sentinel/Infiltrator, you are able to blow your way through the game with infinite cloaking/tech armor.

I'm assuming anyway, since I did the insanity run on my first playthrough.

PBalfredo

TheVisualizer said:
was just worried about what they hinted for ME3 that multiple romances might have repercussions

im riding out with Tali to the end and don't want her biting the bullet in ME3 just cuz Shepard probed someone else successfully in ME1, besides I was looking for a reason to throw away my old Ashley save in the garbage anyway after
the way she comes at you in ME2 if you keep her alive, ignorant skeezer...
Hopefully the repercussion is that Shep can't get away with two-timing, is confronted and has to make a choice. Although the chance that the whole thing might blow up in his face and Shep looses both love interests is worrisome. When I made my dude-Shep for my second playthrough/jerk-ass renegade/Tali romance run I went ahead and got with Liara in ME1, knowing full well it will have repercussions. Because hey, why not some drama? Still, I'm contemplating sticking with Tali and only Tali on my third run (go go Vanguard), just to be on the safe side for ME3. On the other hand after a playthough with Dude-Shep, I'm wanting to go back to the superior VA of Fem-Shep. Decisions, decisions.

GAF, I beseech your wisdom!

Kenaras

PBalfredo said:
Hopefully the repercussion is that Shep can't get away with two-timing, is confronted and has to make a choice. Although the chance that the whole thing might blow up in his face and Shep looses both love interests is worrisome. When I made my dude-Shep for my second playthrough/jerk-ass renegade/Tali romance run I went ahead and got with Liara in ME1, knowing full well it will have repercussions. Because hey, why not some drama? Still, I'm contemplating sticking with Tali and only Tali on my third run (go go Vanguard), just to be on the safe side for ME3. On the other hand after a playthough with Dude-Shep, I'm wanting to go back to the superior VA of Fem-Shep. Decisions, decisions.

GAF, I beseech your wisdom!

You could always wait until ME3 and find out what happens. If you don't like the consequences, do a complete trilogy playthrough then. Personally, I'm sticking with my Liara + Tali choices - and assuming I have the opportunity, I'll be choosing Tali in ME3. (Only reason I hooked up with Liara in the first place was because Tali didn't seem interested.)

Dresden

Kenaras said:
You could always wait until ME3 and find out what happens. If you don't like the consequences, do a complete trilogy playthrough then. Personally, I'm sticking with my Liara + Tali choices - and assuming I have the opportunity, I'll be choosing Tali in ME3. (Only reason I hooked up with Liara was because Tali didn't seem interested.)
Pretty much identical to what I'm doing. And if Liara gets pissed off, well, she can fuck off.

PSGames

Not sure if this is a glitch or what. But I'm at Illium and Conrad wants me to talk to a weapons merchant. She's over by the transportation section. When I go to try an talk to her and press A to talk nothing happens. Anyone else had this issue?

Edit: looks like I needed to complete my loyalty mission there before it would let her talk to me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
birdman said:

Yeah you can pick all the bonus powers and you get the 25% more experience once you have finished the game.

I went with Warp Ammo because I was thinking that it will be awesome to have at the end of the game and on those floating platforms.

OMG Aero

TheVisualizer said:
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that and then using that ME1 character for an Insanity run so then I have a back-up character in case there are negative repercussions. I remember having a save file before Ilos on ME1 which is when the actual romance scene takes place, does anyone know if you can actually turn down your love interest once she walks into your cabin? If so this would save me loads of time as I'd only have to do the end game again.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DeaconKnowledge said:
So what's everyone's primary class?

Infiltrator representin'.

Vanguard, through and through.

I'm currently going Vanguard on Insanity, and while it's rough I get the feeling that the first portions of the game are really some of the hardest (Pyros are the anti-charge). Now that I have Heavy Charge + Champion Vanguard, I'm rocking through and loving it.

Fitz

DeaconKnowledge said:

Infiltrator here also. Having enjoyed sniping in ME1, the addition of the Cloak plus scope time slowdown was too much to pass up for any other class.

kuYuri

OMG Aero said:
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that and then using that ME1 character for an Insanity run so then I have a back-up character in case there are negative repercussions. I remember having a save file before Ilos on ME1 which is when the actual romance scene takes place, does anyone know if you can actually turn down your love interest once she walks into your cabin? If so this would save me loads of time as I'd only have to do the end game again.

I'm pretty sure you can. Maybe.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Strider2K99 said:
I'm pretty sure you can. Maybe.

Someone had posted that they turned down the love scene in ME1, and that person's picture was still in their cabin in ME2. So, I'm not sure how it works.

Arjen

DeaconKnowledge said:

First run with my Imported femshep as an Infiltrator, i just love the 2 sec. slowdown with the sniper.
Now doing a male run as an Sentinel.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DeaconKnowledge said:

Everyone knows real Shepard is a female and an Infiltrator.

Also its my Shepard and not anybody elses.

rhino4evr

Dresden said:
Adept. Biotic combos are the funniest things to use in the game, regardless of difficulty.

Ditto, love seeing your foes ripped from cover, fly into the air, and drop into a giant pit. Never gets old.

Miranda's Slam biotic power is pretty bad ass too.

Just got Reave..havent tried it out yet.

For those Adept users..what are your "hot key" powers. Currently I have Pull on LB and Warp on RB..but I might change that too Reave on the LB if I use it enough.

Wiggum2007

Played as an Adept my first time through, love the biotic classes. It does bug me though that my Shepard's biotic abilities are never mentioned in, say, conversations about biotics in my squad, or the suicide mission when
you need a biotic for the one section
. I think for my next playthrough I'm going to go with the Infiltrator.

rhino4evr said:
Ditto, love seeing your foes ripped from cover, fly into the air, and drop into a giant pit. Never gets old.

For those Adept users..what are your "hot key" powers. Currently I have Pull on LB and Warp on RB..but I might change that too Reave on the LB if I use it enough.

Using a keyboard i have #1 as throw, #2 as pull, #3 as warp, and #4 as singularity. I use the paused action screen, or what is called the power wheel on consoles, if I need to revive a party member or equip warp ammo.

OMG Aero

GuardianE said:
Someone had posted that they turned down the love scene in ME1, and that person's picture was still in their cabin in ME2. So, I'm not sure how it works.
Can anyone else confirm this? I've been loading all my save files from Mass Effect 1 and my earliest one is right after Virmire. Even then if I pick every single Renegade option I get when talking to Liara (Who I seemingly locked myself down to) I still get the love scene. The best I can do is turn her down during that love scene.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
rhino4evr said:

I have throw on RB because it's the one I hit accidentally most and it has the quickest recharge time. Singularity to Y, and warp to LB.

WaltJay

DeaconKnowledge said:

On my first run (and all of ME1), Vanguard.

On my second, Insanity run, I'm trying out Sentinel and I'm liking it so far. Being able to debuff is a god-send.

notworksafe

DeaconKnowledge said:

I went Soldier because Bioware was talking pre-release about how much guns were fixed and I wanted to play the class that focused on them the most. I think my second playthrough will be on Adept, just to go the exact opposite route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom