• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
clashfan said:
Why can't I unlock Grunt's special power? I finished his side quest and it says he loyal but when I try to add points to his special power it says he's not loyal?

I had this, it's a known bug apparently.

Ok, I still don't want to read the thread too much for fear of being spoiled (I already read a BIG spoiler whcih wasn't marked! :( ), but I just started the game and I have a few questions... I am sure I am going to love the game because of atmosphere/story and whatnot, but I feel I must be the only one who is a little disappointed by the change in combat. I like FPS fine, but this is too FPS-ish for me - am I wrong, or do I have regenerable health/shield? I can't seem to use medikits to restore health, and if i wait a few seconds in cover while the screen is omg red (ala Gears/COD/every FPS), i seem to restore all shield - what about health?

Also, are there really so few powers per class - I played a soldier in ME1, and even as that you had a fair amount of powers (one per weapon + immunity + overload + unity + shield regen +...), and since your squad mates had a ton of powers on their own as well (played with liara and tali), i liked the tactical aspect of things. But now I mostly just pop out, shoot, and pop back in.

Finally - i don't get the new weapon system (i surely didn't love the former inventory, but i eventually made sense of it) - how am I supposed to know which weapon is better and so on? where are my beautiful stats! :) (i should say i don't really want to read faqs while i play the game, i am sure weapons stats are somewhere online).

Still, just got the prof and archangel, and i already love the story. i miss liara though. (screw you suckers who slept with crazy ashley).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
harriet the spy said:
Ok, I still don't want to read the thread too much for fear of being spoiled (I already read a BIG spoiler whcih wasn't marked! :( ), but I just started the game and I have a few questions... I am sure I am going to love the game because of atmosphere/story and whatnot, but I feel I must be the only one who is a little disappointed by the change in combat. I like FPS fine, but this is too FPS-ish for me - am I wrong, or do I have regenerable health/shield? I can't seem to use medikits to restore health, and if i wait a few seconds in cover while the screen is omg red (ala Gears/COD/every FPS), i seem to restore all shield - what about health?

Also, are there really so few powers per class - I played a soldier in ME1, and even as that you had a fair amount of powers (one per weapon + immunity + overload + unity + shield regen +...), and since your squad mates had a ton of powers on their own as well (played with liara and tali), i liked the tactical aspect of things. But now I mostly just pop out, shoot, and pop back in.

Finally - i don't get the new weapon system (i surely didn't love the former inventory, but i eventually made sense of it) - how am I supposed to know which weapon is better and so on? where are my beautiful stats! :) (i should say i don't really want to read faqs while i play the game, i am sure weapons stats are somewhere online).

Still, just got the prof and archangel, and i already love the story. i miss liara though. (screw you suckers who slept with crazy ashley).
Health and shields regenerate, you can also use Unity to heal once you obtain a couple of medi gel upgrades.

The key to the new weapon system is to be aware of your enemy and to equip appropriate weapons/ammo based on their shield type. In general; the pistols/snipers/warp/fire tech/incendiary ammo are all very effective against armor, the SMG's/Shotguns are very effective against shields/barriers, Overload/Disruptor Ammo are good against shields/synthetics, & the AR's are good against everything. You can find what weapon is good against what by reading its description in the weapon locker (the same goes for powers and the power wheel/stat screen) or you can read the weapon stats here.

As for 'is the new weapon I picked up better than my old one?', yes and no. Usually new weapons have a bit more power in them, but they usually have smaller clips, carry less ammo, or some other drawback that prevents them from making the gun they replace completely obsolete.

Billen

Banned
I still haven't gotten around to playing this since my 360 sounds like a jet engine. Really curious regarding the combat system since I hated the combat in Mass Effect.

Billen said:
I still haven't gotten around to playing this since my 360 sounds like a jet engine. Really curious regarding the combat system since I hated the combat in Mass Effect.

I liked it better in ME1, but I am pretty sure I am the only one :)
If you like FPS you'll like it - what I'll give to them is that the game engine is hugely improved. God all those textures pop-in and random slowdowns get tiring after a while..

dejan

Finished my first playthrough as a soldier after 55 hours with no casualties on my team. What a ride that was. With Mass Effect 2 the franchise cemented it's status as the best new IP of this generation. And it is odd to see two installments in a fresh ip, that play so differently from each other. I love both games, but if I have to rank them right now i'd be in the ME2>ME1 boat. I want more and I want it soon.

Alucrid

Banned
Coxswain said:
It's too bad Infiltrators are pretty much beaten at their own game by Soldiers. Apart from the defensive abilities of Tactical Cloak, a Soldier using Heightened Adrenaline Rush gets twice the damage bonus that Assassination Cloak does, plus it doesn't auto-cancel after the first shot, or reset your health/shield regeneration.

Infiltrator is probably more fun, though, if only because there are some things that you're not perfectly designed to take care of on your own.

The assassin's cloak has allowed me to run through levels without fighting enemies, die and then restart at the checkpoint I reached, wiping all the previous enemies.
aka on the Reaper ship when trying to find Leigon, I skipped all the Scions except the last two. :lol

rhino4evr

harriet the spy said:

sounds like you picked the wrong class.

The soldier is pretty much just run and shoot this time around. Its not like the first game where you gian different biotic powers. If you are not enjoying the combat, you are
playing the wrong class. The other classes can use machine guns (which is basically a smaller scale Assult Rifle) and use all sorts of biotic attacks. A Vangurad can use Charge which completely changes how you approach a battle. The Infiltrator allows you to cloak yourself around the battlefield, giving you unique stealth abilities. The Engineer allows for AI hacking and Drones to distract your foes. The Sentinel is a mix of all the classes.

The soldier has more health and can use all the weapons..but to be honest you really don't need all those weapons...and health gets replenshined by sitting in cover. ALL classes can use heavy weapons, and there are no longer "light" and "heavy" armor bonuses..so his pluses are not all that important in ME2, compared to ME1.

Im playing as Adept and I LOVE the combat. I can shoot guns, fling enemies in the air, spring traps, and throw fireballs. The combat is a lot more varied then "pop and shoot"

EDIT: Not to mention that you all non-soldier classes eventually gain the ability to use one different type of weapon (Assult Rfile, Shotgun, Sniper)..so if you cant live without that Assult Rifle..you will eventually be able to weild one anyway...

maybe you should start over? You aren't that far...

dejan said:
Finished my first playthrough as a soldier after 55 hours with no casualties on my team. What a ride that was. With Mass Effect 2 the franchise cemented it's status as the best new IP of this generation. And it is odd to see two installments in a fresh ip, that play so differently from each other. I love both games, but if I have to rank them right now i'd be in the ME2>ME1 boat. I want more and I want it soon.

57 hours here and level 27 (no casualties in my team also), and I have a couple of N7 missions left. I really dont understand the people that played the first time and beat it in 10 hours, is that even... fun?
I love to read the codex and the planets, and see all the dialogs options, but I think 10 hours is silly.

Im also on the same boat, love both games, but I really love more Mass Effect 2, the ending scenes and the characters and gameplay (and all the little jokes) make this game for me one of the best ever. I can not wait for ME3, its going to be legendary, hope we can recruit ALL the characters of both games for the epic ending.

rhino4evr

im a little under 30 hours...and still have 5 loyalty quests to do..and one character to get...so Im guessing I will end around 35 to 40 hours unless the game gets bigger. Not sure if I will do all the side quests or not..Im pretty much OVER mining for minerals...but I have a lot of them..and a lot of upgrades already. I don't plan to upgrade everything..so maybe I will be fine.

rhino4evr said:
im a little under 30 hours...and still have 5 loyalty quests to do..and one character to get...so Im guessing I will end around 35 to 40 hours unless the game gets bigger. Not sure if I will do all the side quests or not..Im pretty much OVER mining for minerals...but I have a lot of them..and a lot of upgrades already. I don't plan to upgrade everything..so maybe I will be fine.

At first I started scanning all planets until I depleted them of minerals, I did around 10 systems like that. Then someone posted the numbers of minerals you needed for upgrade everything and I pass them by a lot.
So then i did a VERY quick search if I visited the system in every planet only to look for N7 missions or mineral zero.
I think I havent visited around 25% percent of all planets in the game. I have some systems with 0%

FoeHammer

All achievements!

I heard horror stories about Insanity so I prepared myself for the worst. I beat the game on normal once as a Vanguard with an imported ME1 save and then started my Insanity run with another ME1 save (soldier). The bonuses I started with really helped out as I was able to buy upgrades easily and didn't have to fool with the awful mining "game".

My soldier made the Insanity difficulty his bitch. I always brought Miranda for her team boosting abilitites, and her warp + overload combo is useful for pretty much any situation; Mordin and Grunt also made pretty useful allies. I pumped my skill points into Shock Trooper, Adrenaline Rush, and Warp Ammo (became Squad Ward Ammo). I did die on some parts, but not the parts I had feared (Horizon and CS). The Revenant with Squad Warp Ammo just shreds the Collectors to pieces.

If you're having any trouble on Insanity, I would definitely try rolling with my layout. It's either an awesome setup or I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Subitai

FoeHammer said:
All achievements!

I heard horror stories about Insanity so I prepared myself for the worst. I beat the game on normal once as a Vanguard with an imported ME1 save and then started my Insanity run with another ME1 save (soldier). The bonuses I started with really helped out as I was able to buy upgrades easily and didn't have to fool with the awful mining "game".

My soldier made the Insanity difficulty his bitch. I always brought Miranda for her team boosting abilitites, and her warp + overload combo is useful for pretty much any situation; Mordin and Grunt also made pretty useful allies. I pumped my skill points into Shock Trooper, Adrenaline Rush, and Warp Ammo (became Squad Ward Ammo). I did die on some parts, but not the parts I had feared (Horizon and CS). The Revenant with Squad Warp Ammo just shreds the Collectors to pieces.

If you're having any trouble on Insanity, I would definitely try rolling with my layout. It's either an awesome setup or I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
Woot, almost done w/ getting a lvl 60 ME1. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan Yo

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Thnx, I always knew the Viper sucked.
The Viper is awesome for me on insanity. I'm playing a soldier and slowing down time/shooting someone in the head with other snipers means I will have to wait for the power to recharge a second time before I can kill them. With the viper I can empty a whole clip into their heads with a single adrenaline power usage and take them down.

Way more useful.

Dresden

Dan Yo said:
The Viper is awesome for me on insanity. I'm playing a soldier and slowing down time/shooting someone in the head with other snipers means I will have to wait for the power to recharge a second time before I can kill them. With the viper I can empty a whole clip into their heads with a single adrenaline power usage and take them down.

Way more useful.
Not really. The same time can be used to just line up a Widow shot that'll deal 100% extra damage from Adrenaline rush. If you took the Revenant, that's more damage than the Viper as well.

The Viper is a transition weapon for Infiltrator, nothing more, nothing less. It works well with the time slowdown that Infiltrators have because you have time for three or so perfect headshots, then zoom out and zoom in immediately for more slowdown.

Dan Yo

Banned
Dresden said:
Not really. The same time can be used to just line up a Widow shot that'll deal 100% extra damage from Adrenaline rush. If you took the Revenant, that's more damage than the Viper as well.

The Viper is a transition weapon for Infiltrator, nothing more, nothing less. It works well with the time slowdown that Infiltrators have because you have time for three or so perfect headshots, then zoom out and zoom in immediately for more slowdown.
I tested the Widow out before choosing the Revenant and it wouldn't kill the Collectors in one shot so I just decided it wasn't that much more useful than the Mantis if I was still going to have to take 2 shots either way. The Viper, however, would have them down in one clip, which I could empty out in about the time it took for one adrenaline rush to complete. Sometimes I could work on a second guy before the clip was through.

The Revenant, by the way, hasn't been very useful for me either. The battle rifle seems to deal just as much damage or more, and is way more accurate (I can achieve way more bullets to the head with the BR). The only advantage I've been able to find on the Revenant is that you don't have to really worry about ammo. Is there a specific way it's supposed to be used?

Cep

Banned
Dan Yo said:
Well I think you're being melodramatic, but to each his own.

:lol :lol

Dresden said:

I would go as far as saying that the viper fails in comparison to the other sniper rifles. Main reason to use it is if you prefer not to reload after every single shot as with the Widow and Mantis.

Dresden

Dan Yo said:
I tested the Widow out before choosing the Revenant and it wouldn't kill the Collectors in one shot so I just decided it wasn't that much more useful than the Mantis if I was still going to have to take 2 shots either way. The Viper, however, would have them down in one clip, which I could empty out in about the time it took for one adrenaline rush to complete. Sometimes I could work on a second guy before the clip was through.

The Revenant, by the way, hasn't been very useful for me either. The battle rifle seems to deal just as much damage or more, and is way more accurate (I can achieve way more bullets to the head with the BR). The only advantage I've been able to find on the Revenant is that you don't have to really worry about ammo. Is there a specific way it's supposed to be used?
Get the accuracy upgrade and burst fire over distances.

The battle rifle is great, but it's nowhere near as versatile as the Revenant, imo.

Cep

Banned
Dresden said:

The battle rifle is great, but it's nowhere near as versatile as the Revenant, imo.

Agreed, but using it means giving up the superior Widow. The Vindicator is plenty useful if you look at it that way.

Dan Yo

Banned
Dresden said:

I had the accuracy upgrade when I first got the Revenant. Burst firing is pretty much a given since the reticule widens such a ridiculous amount if you hold the fire down for more than a second.

It seems to be most useful against large enemies that are close and charging, where all you want to do is spray to keep them off of you. But trying to pick off enemies that are popping in and out of cover is a pain with that thing.

Cep

Banned
Coxswain said:
It's too bad Infiltrators are pretty much beaten at their own game by Soldiers. Apart from the defensive abilities of Tactical Cloak, a Soldier using Heightened Adrenaline Rush gets twice the damage bonus that Assassination Cloak does, plus it doesn't auto-cancel after the first shot, or reset your health/shield regeneration.

Infiltrator is probably more fun, though, if only because there are some things that you're not perfectly designed to take care of on your own.

I only noticed this recently when I made a new soldier. Utterly broken is not enough to describe my soldier. Infiltrator is pretty close though.

IMO, in terms of pure efficiency, here is my order (Have not played much with Adept/Engie, so insights would be nice):

Vanguard
[Charge bypasses spawn points...]

Soldier = Infiltrator
[Some further crunching is going to be needed to determine, but Infiltrators have both an oh shit and Pwnzor button. Soldiers get either or]

Sentinel
[Fun to use and extremely versatile, Edges out of the other two because of Tech Armor]

Adept
[Actually much better than meets the eye, Singularity still works even on defenses]

Engineer
[Decent class, bots are pretty useful, have not played enough to know if better than adept]

Macmanus

Playing through this game for the second time I went infiltrator on insanity.

This is honestly the most fun I've had in a single player video game.

Arde5643

Macmanus said:
Playing through this game for the second time I went infiltrator on insanity.

This is honestly the most fun I've had in a single player video game.
For being one of the best classes in the game (the others are sentinels and soldiers), it's also the most fun class in the game.

Whereas with soldier it's mostly just spamming adrenaline rush and revenant while laying down suppressing fire and having your teammates strip defenses.
With sentinels it's mostly tech armor -> overload/warp -> whittle enemy's health (perhaps with some cyro blast or throw here and there).

As infiltrators, most players will choose the widow, which means they'll mostly try to save the widow ammo and kill enemies with either flanking SMG+cloak combo, or incinerate with squad powers.
And man, once you see those big bads come in and downed in 1-2 headshots with the widow, you're just like, "HELL YEAH!"

Most fun class in the game, beaten or equal only in fun quotient by the heavy charge/champion vanguard.

Dan Yo

Banned
Mad_Ban said:
Playing through this on insanity with a new character and it's really not fun. :lol
That's because they did insanity the wrong way by diminishing certain abilities and making some gameplay elements less satisfying.

Call of Duty does Veteran difficulty the right way. Enemies are not given an exorbitant amount of health or made impervious to certain attacks. One shot kills on recruit and one shot still kills on veteran, so kills always remain satisfying.

I wish more games would manage to make the higher difficulty settings just as fun as the lower settings, by not mitigating certain abilities and making them less fun to use, but by making the enemies more deadly.

I don't think it's as bad as some games, but it could've been better. I'm still managing to enjoy insanity but when I read that biotics were actually useful against armored enemies on the lower difficulties I felt like I was missing out on some of the fun.

Macmanus

Arde5643 said:
Most fun class in the game, beaten or equal only in fun quotient by the heavy charge/champion vanguard.

Heavy charge/champ vanguard was my first play through. Started on normal and crept it up to veteran by the end. I absolutely had a blast once I got the claymore. Is the class viable on insanity? Close range combat just seems to be next to impossible at insanity.

Macmanus

Dan Yo said:
That's because they did insanity the wrong way by diminishing certain abilities and making some gameplay elements less satisfying.

What exactly was diminished? I've heard adepts are real ass clowns on insanity, and you made reference to biotics so I'm going to assume space wizards don't fair well on insanity?

rhino4evr

SpacePirate Ridley said:
At first I started scanning all planets until I depleted them of minerals, I did around 10 systems like that. Then someone posted the numbers of minerals you needed for upgrade everything and I pass them by a lot.
So then i did a VERY quick search if I visited the system in every planet only to look for N7 missions or mineral zero.
I think I havent visited around 25% percent of all planets in the game. I have some systems with 0%
Yeah i already leveled up my main gun (sub machine gun) and I have all the ship upgrades just missing a few uprades for my shotty and one biotic upgrade

don't really care about the squads upgrades maybe I will when I get to the final mission though

Dresden

Macmanus said:
Heavy charge/champ vanguard was my first play through. Started on normal and crept it up to veteran by the end. I absolutely had a blast once I got the claymore. Is the class viable on insanity? Close range combat just seems to be next to impossible at insanity.
Once you charge, you'll have about a second to kill something before you start moving again. Works very well, actually. Charge in, shoot, melee, then fire off a parting shot while moving behind cover. As soon as you get in cover, Charge is probably up so you can just Charge again to refill your shield.

Also the only class that can melee a Scion to death in Insanity. :lol Charge punches through shockwaves, so when you see it ripple towards you, you can just charge right through it. Same for Harbingers. So awesome for battles like Horizon.

Dresden

Einbroch said:
Sentinel. And It's Miranda and Thane.
Ah. I did it with an adept, engineer and vanguard, but they all had a way to deal with either the Harbinger (Singularity to lock down the Harbinger, or heavy Charge to make him stagger and recharge shield) or the Scions (spawn a drone next to the Scion to keep it from massacring your squad). I'm sure someone here has done it, probably Cep.

That's the exact same team I used, though, for every character. Double warp is so good against collector missions.

Arde5643

Einbroch said:
wouldn't it have made more sense to use either Samara or Jack (pull, warp ammo/reave) than Miranda.

The only use Miranda has in there is warp which Thane and you as a sentinel already have.

Get someone with pull at least (heck, even Jacob w/ squad incendiary ammo is much more useful there than Miranda).

You want biotic combos here with pull + warp.

I really don't see the need for Miranda at all in any collector mission besides Horizon.

Dan Yo

Banned
Macmanus said:
What exactly was diminished? I've heard adepts are real ass clowns on insanity, and you made reference to biotics so I'm going to assume space wizards don't fair well on insanity?
I've read that you can use biotic powers on enemies that are armored or shielded on lower difficulties. On insanity you can only use them on enemies that have been stripped down to their health bar. At which point you're pretty much past the point of needing it.

Dresden

Dan Yo said:
I've read that you can use biotic powers on enemies that are armored or shielded on lower difficulties. On insanity you can only use them on enemies that have been stripped down to their health bar. At which point you're pretty much past the point of needing it.
Not quite true. Warp destroys armor and barriers, and Singularity will lock them down even if they have armor or shields. So with Wide Singularity, you can just toss it into a group of enemies, which will make them stagger at first, then make them stand doing nothing for a couple of seconds. At which point your teammates will rip the shield off of one, who will start rising thanks to Singularity, which is where you toss a warp for warp detonation. Which will most likely destroy everyone's defenses. You toss another Singularity to leave them whirling in the air while you toss them one by one out into the abyss.

Knocking enemies out of cover and making them helpless for five, six seconds is pretty amazing. And besides, Singularity will lock down Harbingers and Scions too.

Arde5643

Macmanus said:
The better weapon will be the eviscerator actually for insanity - unless you can do the fast reload trick with claymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrE5BQbSwuIp

The base damage of the claymore at point blank range is 2*400 (50 * 8 shells).
The claymore also does 25% more damage to barriers/shields/armor - so against protected enemies it does 1000.
With the warp ammo, you get another 35-50% bonus to armor and barriers.
With incendiary ammo, you get 40-60% bonus to armor plus it stuns for a couple of seconds.
With tungsten ammo, you get 50-75% bonus to armor and health.

Which means, you can do at least 1200+ damage at the minimum at point blank range with the right ammo.
And then if you can do the fast reload trick, don't forget to add another 185 melee damage (w/ 25% bonus from melee pads).

With the fast reload trick, you will always at least get at minimum 1300+ damage on the 1st protected enemy you charge in.

The problem with the claymore though and why the eviscerator is overall better? Overkill for most enemies, and more ammo with eviscerator, plus the execution barrier in doing the fast reload.

Arde5643

Dresden said:
Is it even possible to get Reave before the ship? I thought Samara's loyalty missions unlocked afterwards.
I think you're right - still, it would be better to use Jacob for this mission then for pull and incendiary ammo since the sentinel doesn't have ammo powers, unless he takes warp ammo or tungsten ammo bonus skill.

rhino4evr

Dresden said:
Not quite true. Warp destroys armor and barriers, and Singularity will lock them down even if they have armor or shields. So with Wide Singularity, you can just toss it into a group of enemies, which will make them stagger at first, then make them stand doing nothing for a couple of seconds. At which point your teammates will rip the shield off of one, who will start rising thanks to Singularity, which is where you toss a warp for warp detonation. Which will most likely destroy everyone's defenses. You toss another Singularity to leave them whirling in the air while you toss them one by one out into the abyss.

Knocking enemies out of cover and making them helpless for five, six seconds is pretty amazing. And besides, Singularity will lock down Harbingers and Scions too.
This is exactly why the adept class rules you can wipe groups out easily and throw them around like tin cans. So cool!

best "force" powers ever!

Arde5643

rhino4evr said:
This is exactly why the adept class rules you can wipe groups out easily and throw them around like tin cans. So cool!

best "force" powers ever!
I hate using them whenever I have to face YMIRs or praetorians though. :(

rhino4evr

Arde5643 said:
I hate using them whenever I have to face YMIRs or praetorians though. :(
There has to be a balance. This is when you use reave and warp while distracting them with your parrtners ai drone and using overload

Dan Yo

Banned
Dresden said:

Well ya obviously a couple of powers like warp would still have to work, but most of the others don't. I unlocked slam and I don't get very many opportunities to use it with my soldier on insanity. Kind of a bummer.

Hela

Einbroch said:
I did insanity with a sentinel with Miranda and Mordin. Heavy warp is your best friend - it works well on barriers, shields and armours of course. As for other skills - raider as a specialisation and tech-armor with bonus to powers damage, heavy throw for dealing with nearby husks. With this setup I didn't have many problems, albeit a couple of times I was saved by bugs (like scions standing in one place, not attacking, just waiting for me to kill them).

Dresden

Dan Yo said:
Well ya obviously a couple of powers like warp would still have to work, but most of the others don't. I unlocked slam and I don't get very many opportunities to use it with my soldier on insanity. Kind of a bummer.
Slam is probably the worst Biotic skill, though.

Hurricane Throw is the best Barrier removal.

Singularity is the best Biotic skill in the game.

Warp destroys armor and causes Warp-bombs.

Pull needs only one point to be damn good.

DD-11

Macmanus said:

Not true at all. I just finished an adept run on insanity. Bring along Thane and either Miranda or Zaeed, and you make short work of enemies.

Heavy Warp + Inferno Grenade + singularity + Heavy Warp = death

or

Heavy Warp + Heavy Warp + Singularity + Heavy Warp = Death

I typically chose Zaeed and Thane for their sniping and they made short work of enemies (I built them up to deal as much damage as possible). Praetorians are the exceptions, but so long as you've upgraded medigel and you`ll be fine. And besides, you only fight two of them in the entire game.

Macmanus

DD-11 said:
Not true at all. I just finished an adept run on insanity. Bring along Thane and either Miranda or Zaeed, and you make short work of enemies.

Heavy Warp + Inferno Grenade + singularity + Heavy Warp = death

or

Heavy Warp + Heavy Warp + Singularity + Heavy Warp = Death

I typically chose Zaeed and Thane for their sniping and they made short work of enemies (I built them up to deal as much damage as possible). Praetorians are the exceptions, but so long as you've upgraded medigel and you`ll be fine. And besides, you only fight two of them in the entire game.

Good to know. I might try this with my third play through, then.

I really want to go through all the classes as they seem to all play fairly different. Is this accurate or is their a class I can flat out skip and not really miss much at all?

DD-11

Macmanus said:

I really want to go through all the classes as they seem to all play fairly different. Is this accurate or is their a class I can flat out skip and not really miss much at all?

I'm sure you could also use AOE Warp and AOE singularity to great effect too.

I don't plan on playing the engineer. His power, the drone, is uninteresting. You also get to use it with Tali (albeit a lesser version of it). I guess shooting distracted enemies doesn't hold too much appeal to me.

rhino4evr

Macmanus said:

Well sentinel is pretty much a mix of classes and soldier is mostly a shooter class. Adept engineer vanguard and infiltrator all offer unique experiences based on their biotic specialty

I also agree that the enigneer class seems least interesting to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom