• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Press and holf (F) to leave mission

Alright, that is simply not working. The amount of bugs in this game is starting to going on my nerves. It is awesome and all, but if I have to replay parts of the game because of such bugs, I do not know what to think of bioware.

thorin

Zel3 said:
I'm going to start a new play through and I want to get the worse ending possible. Any idea how I can do this?
Let's see:

- Avoid loyalty missions (I'm not sure if you can avoid all of them)
- Don't research any ship upgrades
- Take your time getting to the Omega-4 relay so your crew turns to soup
- Pick the wrong people for each role (tech guy, fire squad leader)
- Take non-loyal squadmates to the last boss

Can't think of anything else.

Tomasooie

MisterAnderson said:
Also, if anyone could be so kind as to go to www.masseffect2faces.com and rate my Shepard:

Rated yours five. Holy shit at that site -- there are some good ones there. Barack Shepard is pretty much spot on.

CommanderinChiefShepard2.jpg

Wiggum2007

elrechazao said:
No, they're flying in your direction, as their foiled plans in both games makes necessary.

Well unless they have some super-mega-gone-to-plaid-warp-drives, even at light speed it's going to take them tens of thousands of years to get here.

Red

Tomasooie said:
Rated yours five. Holy shit at that site -- there are some good ones there. Barack Shepard is pretty much spot on.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/Tomasooie/CommanderinChiefShepard2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow, I'm going to have to play through [I]again [/I]just I can save the universe as Barack Shepherd.

Konosuke

MisterAnderson said:
]http://i48.tinypic.com/10xawjn.jpg
So good! I've tried to make a female Shepard i came out disappointed because she looked like all other female customs. Where did you get that hair? I don't think it's on the game. 5/5

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I just started playing this on Friday, after beating the first game, I definitely wanted more... yeah, so far the combat is MUCH improved, it feels very smooth and not as random, where the enemies move a billion times faster than you, and you don't have to worry about getting stuck on stuff.

Absolutely loved the music in the various clubs in the game - Lower Afterlife especially. Did a few of the character recruiting missions and some subquests, I'm still only about 10 or so hours in. I imported my Vanguard in from the first game, of course.

Gamestop employee parody was HILARIOUS

The only things I don't like in this game are the galaxy maps (would've preferred the "point and click" of the first game, instead of watching your fuel resource) and the scanning. Scanning seems very boring, I would've rather had the Mako, where I'd at least get to see some beautiful skyboxes on the planets, do some crazy physics maneuvers, and maybe fire at a few Geth or Thresher Maws. (Though the Mako and the ME1 subquests got old FAST).

Also, the game looks beautiful, especially some of the planetary expeditions you do
returning to the Normandy was drool-worthy
... but so far, I got Mordin, Jack, and Archangel to join... and a lot of the environments have been red and grey metallic warehouse looking areas, instead of the diverse but beautiful areas from the main missions of the first game.

Will keep playing, but so far I like this a LOT more than #1.

Wiggum2007

djtiesto said:
The only things I don't like in this game are the galaxy maps (would've preferred the "point and click" of the first game, instead of watching your fuel resource) and the scanning. Scanning seems very boring, I would've rather had the Mako, where I'd at least get to see some beautiful skyboxes on the planets, do some crazy physics maneuvers, and maybe fire at a few Geth or Thresher Maws. (Though the Mako and the ME1 subquests got old FAST).

Yeah, make sure you talk to Miranda about upgrades if you haven't already, her upgrade makes the scanner move faster. Still sucks but it makes it suck a bit less. Also I think floating around are numbers for the amounts of each resource you need to get all the upgrades in the game, which is nice for making sure you don't do more scanning then you have to.

Konosuke said:
So good! I've tried to make a female Shepard i came out disappointed because she looked like all other female customs. Where did you get that hair? I don't think it's on the game. 5/5

Thanks for the ratings guys! There are a few modded hairstyles if you used Gibbed Savegame Editor (on PC version) this webpage pretty much covers how to do it:

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/index.php?show=tutorials&tutorial=hair

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/index.php?show=tutorials&tutorial=saveEdit

It's really not very hard at all to do. Also, LOL yes Barack Shepard is spot on.

Docpan

The amount of depth and shit you can do in this game is just too crazy. I literally spent hours last night just cruising around finding random side missions, which in some cases branched off into other missions.

There are so many things in here that some people will literally never see.

Mind status is blown......

thorin said:
I think Bioware said
you won't be able to import a campaign where Shepard dies.

I just hope they are planning on having an
entirely different character for those people who had Shepard die. It would be absolutely absurd for Shepard to just magically reappear in that instance, again. This would of course mean having all the voice acting speak a different name and that's obviously a huge task

WrikaWrek

Banned
Sucks that these modders only spend time playing hairdresser with female characters.

The human male is seriously lacking in a more diverse hairstyle.

Peff

BolognaSoup said:
entirely different character for those people who had Shepard die. It would be absolutely absurd for Shepard to just magically reappear in that instance, again. This would of course mean having all the voice acting speak a different name and that's obviously a huge task

You just can't import period, so I imagine you'll have
to go with the default Shepard like the ones who start playing the series with ME3

BolognaSoup said:

Well it would be absurd, but they confirmed that save files where
Shepard dies are just unable to be imported in the first place.

Edit: Beaten

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BolognaSoup said:

Beaten like a whore.

J.ceaz

Hey guys I'm sorry for posting in here but I'm playing mass effect one and I'm stuck on ilos. I've looked online but I simply cant find an adequate explanation on how to get moving. My map shows I have to interact with a security console but I cannot do it. I'm playing the pc version by the way if that helps.

Sober

BolognaSoup said:
Cerberus has axlotl tanks ... Shepard gholas for everyone!

_Xenon_

Banned
Is it possible to import a ME1 save transfered from another hard drive on 360? I just bought a new HDD and copied my saves (through MU) to the new one but the game doesn't recognize them :(

OMG Aero

_Xenon_ said:
Is it possible to import a ME1 save transfered from another hard drive on 360? I just bought a new HDD and copied my saves (through MU) to the new one but the game doesn't recognize them :(
Apparently you have to complete the game again if you transfer your ME1 save.
Just load a save file before Saren and beat him again.

demifiend said:
I know this is just an assumption, but FUCK you PC gamers with rigs that can play this game. You're having all the fun. :D
Yeah, just the simple fact of being able to screencap made it worth it to me. Plus this runs leaps and bounds better than the first one (which gave me a constant 30FPS with dips to 20 at combat, compared to 2 where it's all 60). The mod stuff is proving to be more fun than I expected (Dancing Torso Shep for instance).

If they are going to just magically revive a dead Shepard and pretend like nothing happened, then shame on BioWare. The suicide mission no longer means anything other than losing out on some stats and credits. OOOOOH!!!

Buttonbasher said:
Yeah, just the simple fact of being able to screencap made it worth it to me. Plus this runs leaps and bounds better than the first one (which gave me a constant 30FPS with dips to 20 at combat, compared to 2 where it's all 60). The mod stuff is proving to be more fun than I expected (Dancing Torso Shep for instance).

I was surprised that my aging 3870 card runs this game like a champ at 1920x1080, I was shocked.

Wiggum2007

BolognaSoup said:
If they are going to just magically revive a dead Shepard and pretend like nothing happened, then shame on BioWare. The suicide mission no longer means anything other than losing out on some stats and credits. OOOOOH!!!

Dude like five people just explained in very clear terms to you that a game save where Shepard dies cannot be imported into ME3.

dreamer3kx said:
I was surprised that my aging 3870 card runs this game like a champ at 1920x1080, I was shocked.
Yeah I'm used to having to compromise some aspect of the graphics due to the fact I only have 1GB of RAM and an awful CPU, but Mass Effect 2 surpised me.

My 9800GTX makes games look good but the rest of my rig often makes them not run as well. Like a beautiful girl that hasnt a thought in her head and speaks slowly.

BolognaSoup said:

Not sure you're getting it.

Huh. It would appear that the female Shepard I made in ME1 can't be reproduced in the character creator. The code provided in the squad menu doesn't even reproduce her. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I've played the game for 5 hours now...

This is my game of the generation so far :lol

//Spoilers here, maybe =P
I already got a few of the party members all the way up to Jack and I have a sleeping Krogan I've yet to wake up. I think Jacob (that was the name of the black guy right?) already gave me his loyalty mission after I got done with the attack on Horizon.

Something bothered me and that is when the Illusive Man speaks about going to Omega 4. It sounded a bit too end-gamish and I am only 5 hours. I am expecting a twist somewhere, it can't be this short... right? :lol

Great graphics, great sound and VO, the battle system is leagues better, I don't mind the mini-games, even the planet ones, at all. I am doing the missions in the same structure as the journal puts them though... hopefully I don't miss any important. Are there any awesome side-missions I should be aware of?

Also... the Vanguard class is AMAZING.

// Spoilers End.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just so you know. you spoiler tag by typing [spoiler.]text that shouldn't be read by everyone[/spoiler]

This is all without the . of course.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DY_nasty said:
just so you know. you spoiler tag by typing [spoiler.]text that shouldn't be read by everyone[/spoiler]

This is all without the . of course.

I know, I just feel odd spoiler tagging everything and having this huge black block there. Don't like it but I'll go ahead :lol

rhino4evr

Relix said:
I know, I just feel odd spoiler tagging everything and having this huge black block there. Don't like it but I'll go ahead :lol
Personally I really enjoyed all the scanning side quests they add some variety to the game. Some really cool ideas were left out of the main quests

derFeef

Finally got some more time to play - I am doing all loyality missions right now before I am heading to the second patch of recruiting. I enjoyed
Garrus
mission the most, especially at the end, very well made.

does he need spoiler tags? Also, he is really messed up after Omega, is there a possibility to get him out unharmed?

Subitai

J said:
Hey guys I'm sorry for posting in here but I'm playing mass effect one and I'm stuck on ilos. I've looked online but I simply cant find an adequate explanation on how to get moving. My map shows I have to interact with a security console but I cannot do it. I'm playing the pc version by the way if that helps.
Did you figure it out?

Are you in your mako yet?

I just walked everywhere and kept looking for things to interact with.

voltron

Anyone have any idea yet when th hammerhead missions will be ready? I'm sick of checking and being disappointed.

Really pissed off th vehicle wasn't standard part of th game like ME1. I have no fucking clue what everyone was crying about... I loved the vehicular planet exploration.

golem

voltron said:
Anyone have any idea yet when th hammerhead missions will be ready? I'm sick of checking and being disappointed.

Really pissed off th vehicle wasn't standard part of th game like ME1. I have no fucking clue what everyone was crying about... I loved the vehicular planet exploration.
Will be a preview on next Gametrailers TV...

Zen

Banned
voltron said:

People were complaining about the controls, but Bioware heard the complaints and thought people hated the vehicle exploration element period.

God, ME2 would have been so much better if they'd kept the vehicle elements, hopefully they'll be back for ME3 proper, and not just a few linear missions.

Wiggum2007

voltron said:

I don't mind the decision in and of itself of not to include the vehicle, but its bullshit that they include the vehicle in the description for the Normandy hangar, as being housed there. And over one month later it's not there.

ianp622

Zen said:
People were complaining about the controls, but Bioware heard the complaints and thought people hated the vehicle exploration element period.

God, ME2 would have been so much better if they'd kept the vehicle elements, hopefully they'll be back for ME3 proper, and not just a few linear missions.

For me, it wasn't the controls, it usually the emptiness and the shallow missions - drive around, find a base, kill the husks (why is it always husks, the worst enemies in the game to fight?), and leave. Bring Down the Sky was an example of it done well, but I still prefer exploring on foot (which ME2 has in some of the side missions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom