• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think i just had the Shadow Broker spoiled by some cunt who uploaded a photo of it on the Bioware Social site. Currently showing it slap bang on the front page :/

Lakitu said:
Been going through
the dossiers. Some hilarious stuff in this. I'm looking at Legion's now, a Galaxy of Fantasy player at Level 612 as an Ardat-Yakshi Necromancer. Some of his infractions include unsportsmanlike behaviour because of his taunting during the Crystal Genophage Elimination Platinum :lol.

Also plays:

Medal of Duty, with a player score of 15,999,999,999 and has 200,917 sniper rifle kills and 3 shotgun kills :lol.

Grim Terminus Alliance and one of his awards is 'Cure for What Ails You (Kill 100+ quarians).

An avid player of Fleet and Flotilla: Interactive Cross-Species Relationship simulator with a playtime of 75 hours and a player score of 15 (hopeless):lol

So awesome.

Also his character name is John Smith, a Doctor Who reference. Along with the event named "The return of the cyber-proteans" :lol , maybe there are more sci-fi references there...

Plasma

Banned
Just finished downloading all 1.5gb of the DLC for the PC only to find it is broken, does this stuff not get tested at all before it gets uploaded?

kai3345

Banned
Just finished it. Liked the ending, liked the boss fights, but didn't like that liara doesn't stay on the team :( They're teasing us. If they could have had her as a squadmate for these two mission they could have had her for the whole game.

Plasma said:
Just finished downloading all 1.5gb of the DLC for the PC only to find it is broken, does this stuff not get tested at all before it gets uploaded?
doesn't seem like they did

the DL link is finally removed

edit:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/4713002/1

People using Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 can download and play Lair of the Shadowbroker. If you are an Xbox 360 user, please go ahead and enjoy the new DLC.

PC users currently are experiencing a technical issue with the downloaded file that prevents ALL PC users from playing the DLC. We are aware of this issue and have taken the following steps:

* We have removed the incorrect file from the download section so no further incorrect downloads will occur

* We are working on a fix for the issue and will get a working file up for PC users ASAP

More detail
If you downloaded the incomplete file (it is essentially 1.5 Gig of zeroes) this will not harm your system
You will NOT be charged again once the correct file is ready for download
We do not have a more accurate eta for the correct PC DLC, but when we do I will let you know.

As soon as we have more information I will post it here. We are sorry that this occured and we appreciate your patience as we work to get the fix to you.

Mindlog

Crunched said:
Lair of the Shadow Broker spoilers in this post!

I'm about to download the Shadow Broker DLC right now. Wondering if I should try to patch things up with Liara or stick with Miranda. On the one hand,
could be good having romantic ties to the Shadow Broker of ME3
, but on the other hand,
dat ass

Miranda can't
have children. She's right out as on option. Sheppard is dynasty.

There's still room for more Shadow Broker intrigue. There's still some mystery surrounding the position as well as the lair itself. I'm probably hoping for too much. I saw the first 'twist' coming from orbit. If I were playing a renegade Sheppard I would have been angry that I was not allowed to resolve the issue as soon as I first suspected the obvious.

Some of the videos are pretty entertaining (this that.. hold on is that Volus going to??? YES!) There are a few videos that point to some very interesting plot twists.

I'm still a little annoyed that my primary Infil Shep doesn't have his pistol maxed atm. However, I'm not going to replay the whole games just because I am missing 1 upgrade :[

$10 is a bit steep, but I'm happy with the product. They included a bunch of stuff I asked for earlier in this thread :D Please use the Cerberus Network more if possible. I hope there's some sort of super biotic explosion when I play as my Vanguard next.

MrTroubleMaker said:
hmm, why not ..
DNA splicing and creating a test tube baby? this is the future!!!

I think she wants to have a baby naturally, her father used his own DNA to "make her", so probably she will refuse using something like that.That's why she search for a healthy man in date service webs, instead of just looking in any sperm bank

Baron

Hey, is the Cerberus code from the collector's edition any different from the code in the regular edition? I mean, does it do anything different in the game if you enter the collector's ed Cerberus code versus the code found in the regular edition? I was lucky enough to find a new 360 collector's edition of ME2 on clearance for $40.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Jamesfrom818 said:
Are there any outstanding advantages that the PC version has over the 360? I have a good laptop now so I was wondering if I just dive into the PC version and then stick with that when ME3 comes out.
Skill hotkeys, better controls, better graphics, better framerate.

What's a reason to not take the dive?

pahamrick

K.Jack said:

This. I played ME 1 and 2 on 360 first, then when I got a good gaming computer together back in March I picked both up again for PC. I won't say the difference is night and day, but it's pretty noticeable. Being able to play an adept on ME1 with a stable framerate is almost worth it alone.

Mindlog

Baron said:
Hey, is the Cerberus code from the collector's edition any different from the code in the regular edition? I mean, does it do anything different in the game if you enter the collector's ed Cerberus code versus the code found in the regular edition? I was lucky enough to find a new 360 collector's edition of ME2 on clearance for $40.

The only bonus you get is collector armor and rifle. It's neat, but not necessary. I'm a ME fanatic so I had to have it. The art book had one or two neat concepts, but you can find that online. If you can find ME2 cheaper you might be better off with the 2$? Firepower pack than the collector stuff (imo.)

Still I paid $60 for my CE and I'd probably do it again.

gdt5016 said:
Quick question, can I use video game credit (will get some, I just preordered Halo Reach) on a points card on Amazon?

The physical card, I mean.

Yup. I do it every now and then when Amazon has a sale. I almost always have Amazon game credit :lol

graywolf323

Lakitu said:
Now Bioware, stop messing me about and get me some damn Ashley DLC... please. And yes GAF, I had a relationship with the bigoted woman.

agreed, I've beaten the game once but cheated on her with Miranda but I'm about to start up from an old save and stay faithful this time :lol

K.Jack said:

I put in a bunch of hours on the 360. I know I can download a save on the PC that's similar to my characters but it kinda wont feel the same.

hermit7

Just finished it, the boss fights were awesome. I really like all the call backs to ME1, and a lot of the things available are great for filling out the universe. Hopefully future DLC is similar to this.

dralla

beat the DLC. aside from the complete silence of all the cast members again, it's awesome. better than pretty much every part of the main game. if you stayed loyal to Liara it's extra awesome

dralla said:
beat the DLC. aside from the complete silence of all the cast members again, it's awesome. better than pretty much every part of the main game. if you stayed loyal to Liara it's extra awesome

Grunt said something in mine. Of course it was just one line and it was pretty generic what he said ("Now it's starting to get fun!" or something like that) so it probably wasn't newly recorded.

kai3345 said:
I had one line from Miranda and then both her and Garrus were mentioned once

When
the building blew up
Miranda said "Oh this is not good!"

Yeah that's when Grunt talked in mine.

kai3345

Banned
dralla said:
I had one line from Miranda and then both her and Garrus were mentioned once

When
the building blew up
Miranda said "Oh this is not good!"

dralla

yea, i got one line out of tali. it just doesn't feel right with all the crazy shit happening no one but liara says anything. it was worse in overlord though, no one said anything, period

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Downloading now gonna hit that blue ass into oblivion hnnggg

EDIT: Someone should probably find and bump the last LOTSB thread we made, or make a new one, lest this thread gets locked again for burring news.

graywolf323

well downloaded it and it finally finished

and it doesn't recognize I have Mass Effect 2 installed :| (I have the Steam version) never had this problem with any of the other DLC stuff, I even installed Overlord earlier today

Ferrio

Banned
graywolf323 said:
well downloaded it and it finally finished

and it doesn't recognize I have Mass Effect 2 installed :| (I have the Steam version) never had this problem with any of the other DLC stuff, I even installed Overlord earlier today

Try running mass effect outside of steam (run exe directly from the install folder) then try.

Nemesis_

kai3345 said:
Kinda sucks that Liara didn't even acknowledge Garrus

Yeah. This is what I hate about the DLC. I think I got one line from Miranda, which was probably stock from the original game, and besides that my squad were dead silent.

I loved when Liara acknowledged that I cheated on her with Tali. She said something like, "I know you've been itching to get under Tali's helmet." She still let my Shepard tap dat even after she sounded upset over the infidelity.
:lol I wonder how Tali will respond to that in future DLC or ME3.

kai3345 said:
Kinda sucks that Liara didn't even acknowledge Garrus

Maybe because Garrus can be not recruited in ME1? She dosn't mentions Tali either..., only Ashley/Kaiden and Joker, three characters that she "sure" meets in ME1..., I know it sucks, but that's because Bioware keeps fucking it (wait until ME3 and see how many refeerences you gonna have for all the characters in ME2...)

kai3345

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Maybe because Garrus can be not recruited in ME1? She dosn't mentions Tali either..., only Ashley/Kaiden and Joker, three characters that she "sure" meets in ME1..., I know it sucks, but that's because Bioware keeps fucking it (wait until ME3 and see how many refeerences you gonna have for all the characters in ME2...)
Even if you don't recruit Garrus, the game still acts like you do.

kai3345 said:
Even if you don't recruit Garrus, the game still acts like you do.

Beat's me, they probably were too lazy to set a new bunch of dialogues for the 2 guys that skipped Garrus in ME1.These kind of things are gonna be even more fun in ME3....

Looking in the game files there was going to be 6 upgrades available

AssaultRifle
AutoPistol
HeavyPistol
Shield
Shotgun
SniperRifle

but we only got two of them

HeavyPistol
Shield

Wow, I just finished the DLC and that was easily one of my favorite missions out of either of the Mass Effect games. Goddamn, that was awesome. :D

The DLC mission was awesome! The boss battles were better than any of the boss battles from the main game, especially
with Tela Vasir, the Spectre
. I'm getting an even bigger kick from all of the post mission info from the videos and dossiers. Anything that
confirms Udina is a scumbag
is good intel. :D

Creating a new race for the Shadow Broker
indicates that Bioware actually is putting some effort into the DLC. It was a nice touch, and I hope to
see more of the Yahg, perhaps helping the Reapers.

I love that we are finally seeing some of the
stories from Cerberus Daily News
showing up in the game. If you've been keeping track, you know. If not, start reading:

Start from the beginning. No spoilers for the main game.

I'm actually excited to see what else makes it in with the next DLC.

Most of you will probably think this is kind of stupid, but
I think the concept of Liara becoming the new Shadow Broker is a bit of foreshadowing for what will go on regarding Shepard and the Illusive Man in Mass Effect 3, something along the lines of Shepard killing the Illusive Man and then taking control of Cerberus.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow what a good time I had.

SO INTERESTED in that Turian all in white, with the white facial markings. WOW WOWOWOWOWOWOW. And the new race! Oh man, nothing could have prepared me for that shit!

Great DLC, buy buy buy!!

Jerk

Banned
TheStringTheory said:
Most of you will probably think this is kind of stupid, but
I think the concept of Liara becoming the new Shadow Broker is a bit of foreshadowing for what will go on regarding Shepard and the Illusive Man in Mass Effect 3, something along the lines of Shepard killing the Illusive Man and then taking control of Cerberus.

I do not think it to be completely stupid.

I personally feel that a similar angle would be interesting to see in the third game.

Holy shit, money damn well spent, that was awesome. All that juicy stuff at the end like the
Krogan punching the reporter :lol
So so good, thumbs up BioWare :D

SlickVic

Don't have any DLC yet so I was thinking of just waiting for some cheaper bundle with all of them, but hearing way too many good things about this one. Don't think I'll be able to hold out this time. :lol

Mr_Elysia

Barla Von was a hundred times more interesting than the entirety of ME2 and all of it's dlc. He should have been deeply tied into this. What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom