• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

Rubezh said:
I took this from the ME Wiki:

Content

* One mission:
o Lair of the Shadow Broker
+ Adventure through Illium and the Shadow Broker's secret lair.
+ A car chase through the skies of Illium.[5]
* One location:
o The Sowilo System in the Hourglass Nebula.
* Shadow Broker intel center, including:
o Dossiers. Information gathered on several characters and Cerberus.
o Retrain Powers for squadmates.
o Survery Information. Contains the location to four planets, each one rich in one of the four resources, available for purchase.
o Four investment opportunities.
o Video Archive
o Delivery Pickup.
o An Armor Locker.
o A Research Terminal.
* One bonus power:
o Stasis
* Two upgrades:
o Heavy Pistol Damage
o Damage Protection
* The chance to continue romance with Liara T'Soni.
* Five new achievements.

Retrain powers for squadmates? Fuck yeah!

I don't know if I'm just stupid or something, but I'm looking all over my social.bioware.com site and cannot find the dlc for the Shadowbroker. I need some help.

Acidote

heliosRAzi said:
I don't know if I'm just stupid or something, but I'm looking all over my social.bioware.com site and cannot find the dlc for the Shadowbroker. I need some help.

Not available for PC yet. Few hours left.

And I guess Liara is not recruitable for a simple reason. Mass Effect 3.

RedSwirl

Thing is, I haven't played any of the DLC yet so once I go in, that guarantees a good additional eight hours of this game, plus maybe another couple just to deplete all the new planets.

pahamrick

Mr_Zombie said:
What the...
I've played through that section at least three times with three different characters now and I'm sure I always pick every dialogue before ending conversation, yet I've never heard this. Do you have to be in relationship with Liara to hear it?

Don't think so. That one particular choice only shows up once, and for some reason if you happen to pick the other choice first the option to choose it vanishes. So if you don't pick it as soon as you're given the option, you never get another chance unless you re-load an earlier save. Found that out the hard way my first play through.

scarybore

I just finished the main plot line of the dlc, I thought it was really good. Perhaps not 800 points good, but its the best DLC yet in my opinion. Very funny in places too.

Liara sure has come a long way from being trapped in a bubble on Therum, and while it was pretty obvious she was going to take over as the Shadow Broker, I thought the dlc dealt with her character pretty well. It's also great to see another spectre, especially since I think she has been mentioned in the Cerberus news before.

As for the Shadow Broker, thank god he ain't human. I liked the race design, and I thought it was cool that he comments on your party member that you let tag along.

Edit:
The Shadow Broker files on your crew are gold, Bioware must have had a lot of fun writing those.

Nemesis_

Liking it so far. Despite the apparent length, I'm liking the variety of environments and obvious fan service from ME1 that I'm getting. Got shivers when they played the Mass Effect 1 title theme after the first major mission.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I have a question about the Shadow Broker intel center, is that a place or something added to the normandy.

Nemesis_

In regards to unlocking a door:

"Remember the old days when you could just slap Omni-Gel on everything?"

:lol :lol :lol

Love the humour in this add-on

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I finally did the Kasumi recruitment and quest, for the first time.

I enjoyed the loyalty mission, which was worth it for the Locust SMG alone. I really liked the combat environment, and their pacing.

Kasumi really is a beast, with Deadly Shadow Strike tearing through most anything, even the big mechs shields/armor. I'll probably keep her as a fixture in my landing party.

masseffect2stats.jpg

I don't think this has been posted yet. Weep, female Shepard fans.

I kind of have a hard time biting when people say it's only 2 hours. I still think I'm going to hold out and wait until there's a bundle of the DLC at a lower price, either as a XBOX Live weekly sale, or when/if the DLC hits retail discs.

Synless

ChoklitReign said:
masseffect2stats.jpg

I don't think this has been posted yet. Weep, female Shepard fans.
I don't understand the lack of female characters. My mentality is that if I have to stare at a main character all day and I have the option of creating them, I will always create a female character. I like to have something hot to look at, not some dude.

Dresden

Synless said:
I don't understand the lack of female characters. My mentality is that if I have to stare at a main character all day and I have the option of creating them, I will always create a female character. I like to have something hot to look at, not some dude.
The favorite excuse of MMO players everywhere.

mollipen

Only 20% of players play as a female Shepard? That really sucks. I wonder if there really is that much mental aversion to playing a female character among male gamers because they aren't "a chick or teh gay".

VaLiancY

sadfrog.jpg

No one plays Engineer cause it's not guns and charging into folks from a mile away. But burning armor down in a second makes up for it.

Rubezh

Synless said:

I don't agree. Players want characters they can relate to. Creating a male character is therefore the most logical choice.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
shidoshi said:
I wonder if there really is that much mental aversion to playing a female character among male gamers because they aren't "a chick or teh gay".
Among the average male, aged ~18+, hell yes there is.

The other day, my 30yo brother asked me why I always play as a female, in Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

My response was simple; I'd rather stare at a semi-attractive woman for the next 20 hours, than a man.

I guess my insecurity goes the other way.

EDIT: I relate to the human experience, so playing as a man doesn't draw me into the game any more than a female lead.

Nemesis_

neojubei said:
I have a question about the Shadow Broker intel center, is that a place or something added to the normandy.

Separate. Kind of the same as Shepards apartment in the Fight Club DLC for the original Mass Effect

IoCaster

Synless said:

I never really understood this. I'm usually scoping out the environment and looking for shit to shoot. Not to mention that I didn't care for the voice work of J. Hale in ME2. I thought she was much better in ME.

For those who have beaten the new DLC, is there any reason (extra dialogue etc.) to wait until after the
suicide mission
to do it or is it fine to do it mid playthrough?

I just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker and have a question.

I had picked Ashley and traded her in for Jack, so I didn't have an existing relationship with Liara. The question is as follows. If I did have a relationship, would the Normandy bedroom scene with Liara have been different?

Synless said:

There's no real eye-candy to be had in ME2. A strange looking, plastic-haired female Shep isn't anything worth looking at.

Wallach

Synless said:

Maybe try looking at the guys shooting at you, or where you're going.

Peff

ukresistance said:
I just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker and have a question.

I had picked Ashley and traded her in for Jack, so I didn't have an existing relationship with Liara. The question is as follows. If I did have a relationship, would the Normandy bedroom scene with Liara have been different?

What happened? I think
the only time having another relationship affects anything is when you talk to Liara on Illium after the first part of the DLC. The scene after the Shadow Broker is probably the same always

pahamrick

Just a heads up for folks getting the PC version of Lair, according to posts on the Bioware forums the install file for the PC version is borked, doesn't look like anyone has been able to install it.

Good thing I didn't use my points on it yet. Hope they don't take long to fix it.

pahamrick said:
Just a heads up for folks getting the PC version of Lair, according to posts on the Bioware forums the install file for the PC version is borked, doesn't look like anyone has been able to install it.

Good thing I didn't use my points on it yet. Hope they don't take long to fix it.

Yep. Apparently the file is "not compatible with the version of windows I am running."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom