• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman0313

Neo Member
robut said:
So I've been wearing my blood dragon armor and it's cool but I've also been upgrading my armor as well. Am I upgrading the blood dragon armor or do I have to go back to the original suit to get the upgrade benefits?

i would like to know this as well seeing as how terminus armor is just bad ass

smokeymicpot said:
Only one bad thing I can really say about this game is the ammo.

i agree, i feel like ME2 brought a lot of improvements while negating it with a lot of downgrades

DarkoMaledictus said:
I don't think you can, I just found the rare gun drop on the battlefield. I would of liked a whole lot more guns and armor.. here is hoping me 3 gives more loot options! Seems like the only different armors you get are the pre-order deals! Wouldn't mind if the game had like 20 different sets, but as it is it pisses me off the only variety is from custom colors and gamestop deals...

dont forget about spending an extra 10 bucks on the collectors :p yea this puts a bad taste in my mouth. kinda how like they removed armor from fable 2

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Weeman0313 said:
i would like to know this as well seeing as how terminus armor is just bad ass

i agree, i feel like ME2 brought a lot of improvements while negating it with a lot of downgrades

I believe every upgrade you do in the game in the armor dep does it for every set, not just the default one.

Also I wonder why you can't see the stats on the guns? Why can't you see the damage, speed etc of the guns before choosing them. Or did I miss something in that select screen?

Weeman0313

Neo Member
Xamdou said:
Any point to upgrading Ship weapons/armor?

if you havent heard about the final mission then:
yes it has a very big impact on who and how many crew members survive once you enter the final missions on the collectors homeworld

FrankT

Mudo said:
I'm VERY conflicted now on whether to get the PC Or 360 version. Here are my concerns:

-I don't want to start with a level/skill point bonus, but carrying over my decisions would be cool, except 1 decision I made I would like to have done differently....I know this isn't an either/or situation though.

-If the PC interface is as suck as I'm hearing, is it just worth it to get the 360 version?

-If I did that, should I then get ME1 first and play through on that, and THEN get ME2 on 360. maybe only get level 49 so the bonus doesn't apply and I can just get the decisions to carry over.

How bad is performance on the 360 if I install the games (both 1 and 2)? I'm very, very tempted to go pick up the console versions of this after work and just forget the whole PC thing.....thoughts or advice?

The 360 version this time around is more than solid and a vast improvement over the original. Solid 30fps, no more pop-in, no tearing or any of that. Load times are not too bad either, and the game looks very nice.

Castor Krieg said:
How to go with classes? I played an Engineer but don't want to play one in ME2 - combat drone doesn't sound too hot. Thinking about Adept or Sentinel (Tech armor).

Engineer isn't that bad. Overload, incinerate, and AI hacking are good abilities. Focus on those three and the main class skill, and the engineer is pretty good. Learning to use snipers or assault rifles and using warp ammo as your bonus talent helps too.

Adept and Vanguard are the gimped classes in this game because biotics (other than warp) don't work on shielded/armored enemies. Sentinels are great though.

Najaf

As I mentioned a while ago, my Mass Effect save and all others were detatched from my profile and rendered useless. I was contemplating rushing through ME1 for both the refresh on the story and the use of bringing in my character and decisions to ME2.

I procrastinated on completing my playthrough and am now sitting on ME2. Without spoiling anything, could someone who has experienced the intro with both using a save and without, let me know if it would be worth it? Would I be missing out on something special?

Forgive me if this has been addressed previously, but I have been avoiding info on this game like the plague and did not want to risk diving into the archives of this thread.

The engineers are great. I loved how after I finished getting the cables for them
I ask them to go easy on me in Poker and then cleaned them out.:lol
They've really done a great job improving the whole crew. Even
Joker and Chakwas are much better than in the first game

Cardigan

Did anybody buy the game(360 version) from Target B&M? I went there yesterday and they didn't have it in stock. On the Target website it says that Mass Effect 2 is online only. Anybody know anything about this?

Ok, so I bought the collector's edition, and I redeemed my code for the Collector armor and weapons on the Mass Effect website, but I'm having trouble finding the content within the game. Will someone please help me out?

Xamdou

darkpaladinmfc said:
Yes.
Near the end of your game, squad members will die if your ship isn't fully upgraded

I see so:
I can hold off the ship upgrade till I reach that right? I won't need to upgrade early or mid-game?

Basileus777 said:
Engineer isn't that bad. Overload, incinerate, and AI hacking are good abilities. Focus on those three and the main class skill, and the engineer is pretty good. Learning to use snipers or assault rifles and using warp ammo as your bonus talent helps too.

Adept and Vanguard are the gimped classes in this game because biotics (other than warp) don't work on shielded/armored enemies. Sentinels are great though.

EDIT: Nvm, you answered already. Didn't read. Thx!

Weeman0313

Neo Member
metalmania4evr said:
Ok, so I bought the collector's edition, and I redeemed my code for the Collector armor and weapons on the Mass Effect website, but I'm having trouble finding the content within the game. Will someone please help me out?
should be in your locker in captains room

jeffpm said:
Did anybody buy the game(360 version) from Target B&M? I went there yesterday and they didn't have it in stock. On the Target website it says that Mass Effect 2 is online only. Anybody know anything about this?
Pro-tip: dont shop at Target?

Just beat Mass Effect 1. I hope ME2 arrives any day now, i'm so hyped!

I was pleased with how my ME1 story turned out -
Kaidan died, which i'm very happy with. He was the only character I didn't really warm to, and i'm glad to have both Wrex and Ashley still on board (I always hear everyone talking about the two as if it was one or the other). The relationship decision between Ashley and Liara was tough. At first I was going for Liara, but I must have said something wrong when she suddenly wasn't interested. So I went after Ashley who seemed much more optimistic, but hit a dead end when no more dialogue choices appeared. Finally after the Normandy was taken away, I got to see who I ended up with: it was Liara after all. WTF? It was good though, how I originally wanted it to turn out ("Shepard, that was incredible!"). And as for an end game decision, i'm glad I let the Council die - they annoyed the hell out of me throughout the game. Especially that damn turian, fuck him! It was a superb feeling to give Anderson the new leader role instead of that snake Udina. Plus I was happy Saren was actually a decent guy in the end, cliche and all - pity Sovereign had such a hold on him.. :(

So I wanted to get into this series, picked up ME2 for the PC at Best Buy, but couldn't find ME1. Tried Wal-Mart, Target, and even Hastings, no luck. I checked Amazon today and it's unavailable. I suppose my last resort is Steam, but did all physical copies get pulled off shelves?

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Plus I was happy
Saren
was actually a decent guy

No he wasn't. The prequel book and Capt. Anderson re-telling of the same story points out that
Saren was a dick long before ME1

Either I'm doing something wrong or the game is designed this way, but I'm haven't been able to romance anyone so far. I'm playing as a Femshep and sexed Liara... Is the game designed to not let you romance anyone else if you picked her in ME1?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
OMYGOSH I Just realized a really big plot point at the end-game lol, can't believe I missed this the first time through ...

collector related spoiler ..

So the collector head dude often assumes control of the lesser collectors, I didn't realize before that the big collector dude HIMSELF was under control of Harbinger (a reaper) the whole time, and at the end right before shit blows up Harbinger goes "Releasing direct control" and the big collector dude looses the glowey eyes and looks all sad like at the explosions ..

completely missed this revelation in the first play through, which is why i was puzzled at Shepard saying "Harbinger is coming" to the Illusive man after that.

that kinda makes the collectors/protheans appear even more sad ..

Enosh

Dries said:
So those
scars on your face
will dissapear at sometime, right?
positive thinking can have a big effect on your health!

corrosivefrost said:
If you talk to your crew and do invesigate, you'll see an option for [UPGRADE] or [NORMANDY UPGRADE] eventually, if you ask about it, it will add it to the available upgrades list.

brb

Started a New Game without importing since I uninstalled ME1 and all the Save Data a long time ago.

Just recruited I, I believe, my 3rd or 4th member and am about 4 and a half hours in. I hope I can find some more resources than I have. I found a nice stash once but haven't even found any since, and I make sure to check every nook and cranny of an area before leaving.

rallyart

Neo Member
Hello. I'm having the strangest problem when AA is enabled via nHancer (aa 4x multisampling, AA compatibility: 00,000,045: AA & HDR), if I talk to any character in the game my fps drop to 30 and in any other situation, whether it is fight or a giant stage, are stable at 60 fps. Anyone else happens something similar???

My rig:

i7 920 stock
xfx gtx 275 oc
6 GB ram
playing at 1680x1050

Thanks.

sorry about my english but im from chile.

Enosh

StormyTheRabbit said:
Just recruited I, I believe, my 3rd or 4th member and am about 4 and a half hours in. I hope I can find some more resources than I have. I found a nice stash once but haven't even found any since, and I make sure to check every nook and cranny of an area before leaving.
that is not the primary way to get resources :D

DarkoMaledictus said:
nothing other than not allowing to crash on a sofa with your feet up! Rather go for confort than precision on non competitive games!

You are assuming people don't have wireless mice and keyboards and have their pc hooked up to their HDTV......

Giolon

Dries said:
So those
scars on your face
will dissapear at sometime, right?

They get better w/ Paragon and worse w/ Renegade actions, but you can buy a procedure to fix them completely

taoofjord

This game is ridiculously awesome. Very much improved from ME1, especially in the details of the world, interaction, and scale. It's really the first time I've ever felt like I was in a sci-fi tv show (something I've wanted for as far back as I can remember)... even ME1 didn't give me that feeling. The characters so far are some of the best Bioware has ever made. Jacob, in particular, is just a really cool guy... so very likable.

Deadly

Shit is anyone playing this on Insanity? Am I the only one who finds it next to impossible so far? Heck I'm even on New Game+ with some skills maxed. I'm just at the first fight and the dog mechs own the shit out of me :lol

Weeman0313

Neo Member
taoofjord said:
This game is ridiculously awesome. Very much improved from ME1, especially in the details of the world, interaction, and scale. It's really the first time I've ever felt like I was in a sci-fi tv show (something I've wanted for as far back as I can remember)... even ME1 didn't give me that feeling. The characters so far are some of the best Bioware has ever made. Jacob, in particular, is just a really cool guy... so very likable.

he kinda creeps me out how friendly he is, makes me feel like hes after my guy shepard o_O

Castor Krieg said:
No he wasn't. The prequel book and Capt. Anderson re-telling of the same story points out that
Saren was a dick long before ME1
I have not read the book (it shouldn't be necessary to enjoy a game plot), but i'm just going on the face value of it. It doesn't matter if he was a dick before, in his last moments he gave redemption a shot (pun intended), which makes me respect him. Bad people can do good things (or try to).

Weeman0313 said:
he kinda creeps me out how friendly he is, makes me feel like hes after my guy shepard o_O
Jacob is kind of a dork. I was impressed at first but he has no sense of humor and is always saluting me :lol

Weeman0313

Neo Member
The Lamonster said:
Jacob is kind of a dork. I was impressed at first but he has no sense of humor and is always saluting me :lol
the awkward stare is always win, no matter what game or characters involved.

careksims said:
Oh gotta love
Garrus. Loved his personal mission too. Shep and Garrus = BFF
Except I'm a Femshep, and I'm not totally down with flirting Garrus. Kinda grossed me out. Makes me really regret being a Femshep...

I was a Femshep because I don't want to stare at a dude the whole time I'm playing the game, and I get to still flirt with Liara. This time around it sucks man....

Does anyone know if I can get the ME2 romance achievement with Samara (the new asari)?

Think I'm going to re-start the game, started with vanguard and kind of don't like it, charge just gets me owned and cant use any rifles. Sentinel maybe.

kitzkozan

taoofjord said:

Agreed,but one of the reason is the art direction which is great.The new Normandy is vastly superior to the first one in term of design and art asset(in fact,every location feel alive compared to the bland and sterile world of the first game).

It's easy to see why hollywood is very interested in making a movie.Every element is already in place for a sci-fi epic and the ME universe is already more interesting than most sci-fi shows in the last few year.

Voice acting is really a huge + in Mass effect 2.Martin Sheen is truly excellent in what's already an all-star cast. :D

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
rallyart said:
Hello. I'm having the strangest problem when AA is enabled via nHancer (aa 4x multisampling,: 00,000,045: AA & HDR), if I talk to any character in the game my fps drop to 30 and in any other situation, whether it is fight or a giant stage, are stable at 60 fps. Anyone else happens something similar???

My rig:

i7 920 stock
xfx gtx 275 oc
6 GB ram
playing at 1680x1050

Thanks.

sorry about my english but im from chile.
You're using the wrong compatibility. You need to use AAcompat:80100c5, the Mass Effect profile.

Seeing so far that the customization and gearing has been simplified soo much vs ME1 im thinking i should have gone with Adept over Soldier and im already 12 hours in though .....fuck atleast i know what im playing on my renegade run though:D

eXistor

I only just started ME2 (I want to finish up Venetica first), but I just wanted to say that it already feels great to be playing it. The first game had its problems, but the one thing it nailed was the aesthetics and sound. Playing ME2, however briefly, brought those feeling back big time. I just love the way it looks, very stylish 70's sci-fi and the music fits it perfectly. Of course you all know this, but I just needed to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom