• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I honestly never worry about my Amazon shipments. I order from them insanely regularly, and they always arrive on release day.

A part of me was thinking I would wait for a price drop or that I didn't need to finish the trilogy, or I should clear my backlog...I'm happy I'm no longer trying to delude myself. Now the only question is will VPN activation do the trick.

Grisby

211qvyuvdclt3ctn.gif
One of my favorite gifs of alllll time.
Wong and the Doctor figuring shit out.
I'm actually keeping a page open for it. Kinda neat and like the guy on the last page said it's got a weird War O the Worlds vibe.

REV 09

am i weird for not caring about importing a character? even though i've played the previous games multiple times. I'm kind of interested to see what Bioware considers canon...as long as no one is dead.

Dany

Banned
am i weird for not caring about importing a character? even though i've played the previous games multiple times. I'm kind of interested to see what Bioware considers canon...as long as no one is dead.

They have said when making a game they don't have a canon. It is a way so not option is seen bigger or smaller than another.

But for ME3 their is a set path for story mode. I might check that out after my 11th playthrough...maybe.

Walshicus

Okay, so which country do I have to VPN for access now?

I'm on the US VPN at the moment and it says 6th March at 05:00 is the release date for me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Whats all this I've been hearing about the faces not being able to be imported?

if you've been using the same character since ME1, you're shit out of luck for face imports. Which is astronomically stupid.

I mean I could be wrong, but if it works, I would think US isn't the unlock spot to pick. Then again, does Asia have a later release date?

Korea and Malaysia are tested to work.

Dany

Banned
I never saw the use of throw, nor do I think cluster grenades are useful from the demo.

Warp + pistol on Insanity

Lets do this!

RyanDG

If your ME2 save has a lvl 30 character, what lvl do you start with in ME3?

Edit* Just saw the post above!

Yep. And for those worried about making things too easy... Don't, as long as you are playing on a harder level. It could be because of my reckless vanguard play (screw cover!), but I've seen the game over screen a lot.

I may also be losing my edge. :p

Zen

Banned
What's the average level that most people reached when completing ME2? I didn't do all of the N7 side missions, mind, but I lost my save and am planning on using the ME2 save editor to aid in speed running the game, I just want something relatively authentic. (all loyalty missions etc completed)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah.

Huh? Why would you want that?

Wouldn't you be a little overpowered at the start? Plus, leveling would probably be very slow if you're starting at level 30. Just seems like it would be taking away the fun of character progression.

Huh? Why would you want that?

Where's the fun in starting out the game with maxed-out skills? He said he maxed out 2 and got all the others to halfway. There's what, six or seven skills in total? So for the entirety of the game all you get to upgrade is four or so skills halfway (which is three bars).

Fucking dumb.

Kyoufu

Indeed. When I imported, that was the first thing I maxed out.

If I'm not charging every 3-4 seconds, I'm playing the game wrong.

Yup. Are there build recommendations out there yet? I was thinking of putting points into Shockwave to reduce the global cooldown. Will that work or does it only affect Shockwave?

Where's the fun in starting out the game with maxed-out skills? He said he maxed out 2 and got all the others to halfway. There's what, six or seven skills in total? So for the entirety of the game all you get to upgrade is four or so skills halfway (which is three bars).

Fucking dumb.

News Flash: ME2 and ME3 are very thin on upgrades. ME1 had it good, but not these.

Zen

Banned

Fucking dumb.

Good point...

RyanDG

Fucking dumb.

One of the main things that I absolutely hate about sequels in games is the 'Metroid' effect... Where essentially you had all of these great abilities at the end of the last game and then something happens and you are stripped of these abilities (see ME2 with Shepard's death). Personally, I enjoy it quite a bit more that there was the ability to retain a bit more of your own personal 'Shepard' from ME2 with the import. The blank slate thing at this point would've been hard to explain.

Now with that said, because of the expanded weapon system and upgrades available, you still get significant options to customize your Shepard even more during the game. Additionally, by starting off with the lvl 30, your leveling won't be as quick as it would be normally.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Derrick01

Banned

Fucking dumb.

Another amazingly retarded design decision from Bioware. Do they even realize they used to make pretty great RPGs? Did they just forget all of the common sense design parts?

Top Bottom