• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Pollux

Keep your hype realistic at least...don't put ME3 on a god-tier level of which no games can reach. ME is my favorite franchise this gen and I haven't been disappointed yet simply because I've kept my expectations real.

If it's as "good" as ME2 then I'll be THRILLED.

DarkChild

Banned
Replayed both ME's last week...Gonna replay them once more this week. Cant wait to get my fucking dirty hands on this masterpiece.

Zeliard

If it's as "good" as ME2 then I'll be THRILLED.

The gameplay at least should be better than both ME1 and 2. Even Bioware can't screw that up. They had the solid combat shooter engine from 2 and then could have just iterated from there, and added other stuff. There shouldn't be any reason the combat is any worse.

I haven't really kept up much with ME3 development but with a combo of Mass Effect 2 as the shooter base and the, uh, idea, of Mass Effect 1, ME3 should end up okay. With where my Bioware expectations are in general at this point, the only thing they can do is pleasantly surprise me. :p

Is it really Clint Mansel doing the OST? I really can't tell the difference between his work and Jack Wall's. Awesome OST nonetheless.

I think Mansell's just the 'poster boy', much like Activision touted Hans Zimmer doing the score for MW2 and Crysis. Ultimately, they only composed like one or two songs, with other composers handling the rest.

Jack Wall may be gone, but the majority of ME's other composers (including Sam Hulick) remain. If it sounds really familiar, there's a good chance it was composed by one of those guys.

Rikyfree

I want the game, but I can't sponsor their DLC decisions! It really is a tough choice. I want to support the guys that made it, but, like I said, hate their online strategy. Sorry, Bioware, I'm gonna have to wait for a hefty price drop. Just know that I won't buy used.

Pollux

The gameplay at least should be better than both ME1 and 2. Even Bioware can't screw that up. They had the solid combat shooter engine from 2 and then could have just iterated from there, and added other stuff. There shouldn't be any reason the combat is any worse.

I haven't really kept up much with ME3 development but with a combo of Mass Effect 2 as the shooter base and the, uh, idea, of Mass Effect 1, ME3 should end up okay. With where my Bioware expectations are in general at this point, the only thing they can do is pleasantly surprise me. :p

Basically I have the same feeling. That and I just hope the connections between the three games make sense. They do all that and I'll be very happy.

Salvadora

Thank God i checked this thread. I thought ME3 was coming at the end of the month, Although it would have been a nice surprise walking past a shop to see it on display.

Lakitu

st5fu
Once again, the soundtrack makes me happy going by that Atlas video. Very nice.

Not much changes to the Normandy but that's fine, a lot darker but some cool new additions like
the ability to buy stuff from shops you visited on the Citadel

Oh, and
the Presidium
looks awesome.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Nice to see armory licensing is back so you dont have to go to every single planet's individual shops when you want to upgrade your equipment and buy new stuff.

iNvid02

been playing the demo again and pinnacle game profiler to the rescue, works great with a 360 pad now.

but im still pissed i had to wait for a profile for some 3rd party program and have to run it every time i wanna play with a controller, especially for a game like this.

but i still want this right now, i wanna finish the trilogy.

Top Bottom